Only the dishonest will say we are better than Senegal or SA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Only the dishonest will say we are better than Senegal o

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oluphemmie007 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oluphemmie007 wrote:Now that we see football from different perspective, shall we agree the only objective ground for comparing the eagles and bafana bafana is qualification, one in which the eagles triumph?

Eeerrrmmnn, they beat us in Uyo my broda!
They beat a different team than our current team.

Did you forget how many of our starters were missing in that game?

Anyway, I am glad that just like their coach they are still celebrating beating Naijaria in Uyo. Maybe while we are in Russia they will be rewatching that game over and over and giving themselves high fives... declaring a national holiday as well.
Excuse me. Look at the line-up that played in that match:

Akpeyi
Abdullahi
Echiejile
Ekong
Awaziem
Ndidi
Onazi
Etebo
Iwobi
Iheanacho
Simon

In what way is that team weaker than the one that took to the field yesterday?
I would think someone had made the point somewhere too...the team that played yesterday is an understregth side missing 5 starters. Any team that compares must also be an under strength side.

Thanks for making the point bolder

Now, go and look at the England side that played Germany yesterday. They did not make any excuses. The youngsters like Loftus-Cheek, Abraham, Pickford, Rushford, etc when out and did themselves and their nation proud.

Will you please stop making lame excuses for non-performing players. Jordan Pickford is only 23 and this is his first season in the English Premiership. He made his debut yesterday and excelled, putting Joe Hart's position in jeopardy.
Ayo, it was a friendly game between England and Germany.

England or Germany should try that with a Euro qualification match.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oluphemmie007 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oluphemmie007 wrote:Now that we see football from different perspective, shall we agree the only objective ground for comparing the eagles and bafana bafana is qualification, one in which the eagles triumph?

Anyway, I am glad that just like their coach they are still celebrating beating Naijaria in Uyo. Maybe while we are in Russia they will be rewatching that game over and over and giving themselves high fives... declaring a national holiday as well.

Akpeyi
Abdullahi
Echiejile
Ekong
Awaziem
Ndidi
Onazi
Etebo
Iwobi
Iheanacho
Simon

I would think someone had made the point somewhere too...the team that played yesterday is an understregth side missing 5 starters. Any team that compares must also be an under strength side.

Now, go and look at the England side that played Germany yesterday. They did not make any excuses. The youngsters like Loftus-Cheek, Abraham, Pickford, Rushford, etc when out and did themselves and their nation proud.

Will you please stop making lame excuses for non-performing players. Jordan Pickford is only 23 and this is his first season in the English Premiership. He made his debut yesterday and excelled, putting Joe Hart's position in jeopardy.
Ayo if you want to be taken seriously you need to start using facts to back yourself up. First of all if you want to compare a competitive match to a friendly match na yiur selenge be that. Secondly it is not Pickford first season in the premiership. He was the goalkeeper for Sunderland last season in the EPL a very good one at that which was why Everton signed him up for big money...haba bros fear God now....smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oluphemmie007 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Akpeyi
Abdullahi
Echiejile
Ekong
Awaziem
Ndidi
Onazi
Etebo
Iwobi
Iheanacho
Simon

Our match was a glorified friendly too.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Robbynice wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oluphemmie007 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Akpeyi
Abdullahi
Echiejile
Ekong
Awaziem
Ndidi
Onazi
Etebo
Iwobi
Iheanacho
Simon

Ayo if you want to be taken seriously you need to start using facts to back yourself up. First of all if you want to compare a competitive match to a friendly match na yiur selenge be that. Secondly it is not Pickford first season in the premiership. He was the goalkeeper for Sunderland last season in the EPL a very good one at that which was why Everton signed him up for big money...haba bros fear God now....smh
I tire for you ooooo. How many games did he play for Sunderland last season? Vito Manone was Sunderland's first choice goalkeeper last season.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oluphemmie007 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Akpeyi
Abdullahi
Echiejile
Ekong
Awaziem
Ndidi
Onazi
Etebo
Iwobi
Iheanacho
Simon

Our match was a glorified friendly too.
Oga, AFCON qualification is NOT a friendly by any stretch of the imagination.

That loss to SA was a good thing for us and a bad thing for SA. We saw the need to improve they saw it as they have arrived.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] I am glad we all saw Senegal and South Africa play before our match. It gave us a basis for comparison
[2] Will anybody here really say we controlled the ball as well as either of the two teams? We only drew this match because Algeria were crap too
[3] It took us about 30 minutes to settle into the game. before then, every ball went to an opponent
[4] Even when we did settle, did we ever string five passes together all game? Just imagine what would have happened had Algeria taken all the chances we gifted them
[5] Did we ever look dangerous on the counter-attack? Take it or leave it but our counter-attacking capability can be summed up in two words - Victor Moses. Without him, we are hopeless in that area
[6] Gernot Rohr's undoing will be his ultra-conservatisim. His refusal to change things that are obviously not working is a recipe for disaster
[7] Who goes into an away tie without an anchorman who can hold the ball up? Did he really expect Nwakaeme and Iheanacho to do the job effectively? Take it or leave it but Nigeria has to start one of the following whenever she takes to the field - Ighalo, Odeye, Kayode, Osinhem or Awoniyi
[8] As per Ezenwa, nothing more needs to be said about him. I dare Rohr to play him in Russia. We will end up conceding more goals than Zaire in 74 and Cameroon in 94 combined
[9] I also hope this match also nails to nonsensical talk that the team "has arrived" and only needs a bit of chemistry. There are a few players out there who have no business anywhere near the Super Eagles. Rohr has got to step up his search for replacements asap and stop pretending he has a team (I will not mention their names so as not to embarrass their families)
[10] On the positive side, I think the back four did well by and large. Ndidi was also great in front of them but the fact remains that he offers very little offensively. This makes the search for creative and offensive midfielders a top priority.
Ayo, if I wasn't already familiar with your antecedents, I'd ask you to save me some of that stuff you smoke. Nigeria used 7 players who are not starters in that game and still would have won minus a totally incompetent referee. I can't help but wonder what you'll hatch up next after South Africa gets annihilated at the return leg in J'burg :!:

Cheers.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I tire for you ooooo. How many games did he play for Sunderland last season? Vito Manone was Sunderland's first choice goalkeeper last season.
Bros, you instead should “tire” of pulling stuff from your backside... :D
Pickford started 29 Premier League games for Sutherland last season, and was probably their MVP!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I tire for you ooooo. How many games did he play for Sunderland last season? Vito Manone was Sunderland's first choice goalkeeper last season.
Pickford started 29 Premier League games for Sutherland last season, and was probably their MVP!
I have said it is this 'I sabi football' pose that riles me the most. Pickford that was busy picking balls upandan from inside net last season is the one day didn't play many games. Thank God for dishonest ones like Gotti.
Manchester United: Trophies Yesterday, Today and Forever

This is Cybereagles...expect anything.
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

I see the pot-bellied one is still misyarning. Please note that I did not mention any names, but the aforementioned knows who they are.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Did we ever string five passes together in the 90 minutes?
Despite the poor pitch we did. Result is based on goals scored and performance is not limited to string of passes.

In this match, the result was not important. We all tuned in to see the performance. I would have had no problem if we had played well and lost.
What level of stupidity is this?

This is a guy you people are trying to have a discussion with?

Shouldn't you be judging figure skating... where you will be awarding points on Artistic Merit and degree of difficulty? :roll: :boo: :boo:
It is not stupidity! It is criminality. Pseudo agents using CE to further the interest of their potential clients. They behave as FANS but they are agents
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

South Africa-Senegal match was a world-cup standard. Both teams came to play. South Africa played like a team playing at home. They played well in a losing cause. Senegal had an impregnable defence and did their home work. They did not waste their chances. But it was an extremely entertaining match.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Elexus wrote:South Africa-Senegal match was a world-cup standard. Both teams came to play. South Africa played like a team playing at home. They played well in a losing cause. Senegal had an impregnable defence and did their home work. They did not waste their chances. But it was an extremely entertaining match.
I agree. It was three classes above our match with Algeria.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Rohr knows his squad is nowhere near ready and requires several fresh players: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/11/ro ... in-russia/
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Elexus wrote:South Africa-Senegal match was a world-cup standard. Both teams came to play. South Africa played like a team playing at home. They played well in a losing cause. Senegal had an impregnable defence and did their home work. They did not waste their chances. But it was an extremely entertaining match.
Yes so it means both teams are better than us...lol

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Robbynice wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Yes so it means both teams are better than us...lol
South Africa beat us in Uyo ooooooo! In all fairness we drew 1-1 with Senegal in London in March.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I cannot wait for the Argentina game. I just hope Uzoho, Onyekuru and Idowu use it to tie down their places in the starting 11. Once that is done, we only then have to look for two more players - a targetman and a playmaker.

We are getting there gradually. I am hoping that Rohr will use the March FIFA window to sort those two positions out. Once he has done that we can then look at other issues like:

(1) Trying other formations
(2) Pursuing those players Germany does not want to let go like Akpomena, Uduohie, Touranighoura, etc
(3) Looking at players who have been overlooked
(4) Examining the likes of Emmanuel Daniels and Dele Aiyenugba to see if they are up to it
(5) Working on set pieces. When did Nigeria last score from a direct free kick?
(6) Improving our goal celebrations. Of late this has become boring
(7) Working on getting from box-to-box in under a minute
(8) Master the art of protecting our back four so they are never exposed
(9) Cut out this constant giving of penalties away
(10) Work on ball retention. We give the ball away too much
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I cannot wait for the Argentina game. I just hope Uzoho, Onyekuru and Idowu use it to tie down their places in the starting 11. Once that is done, we only then have to look for two more players - a targetman and a playmaker.

We are getting there gradually. I am hoping that Rohr will use the March FIFA window to sort those two positions out. Once he has done that we can then look at other issues like:

(1) Trying other formations
(2) Pursuing those players Germany does not want to let go like Akpomena, Uduohie, Touranighoura, etc
(3) Looking at players who have been overlooked
(4) Examining the likes of Emmanuel Daniels and Dele Aiyenugba to see if they are up to it
(5) Working on set pieces. When did Nigeria last score from a direct free kick?
(6) Improving our goal celebrations. Of late this has become boring
(7) Working on getting from box-to-box in under a minute
(8) Master the art of protecting our back four so they are never exposed
(9) Cut out this constant giving of penalties away
(10) Work on ball retention. We give the ball away too much
You can't even get their names right!
I am happy
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Been away from the web all weekend...

This is the most comical thread I've met on this site yet...Ayo Akinfe must be trolling, no? :???: :???:

I don't know which game Ayo Akinfe watched but the game in Polokwane on Friday night says:
Senegal needs plenty of improvement before Russia (the quality that is clearly present needs harnessing)
SAfrica has absolutely no business going to Russia...

On Algeria v Nigeria:
It was a dead rubber on an atrocious pitch, yet: out-of-possession work...use of space...physical application...use of turn-overs...
...were miles better than SAfrica v Senegal...

John Ogu's strike alone was worth the match ticket...(in Polokwane players were scuffing shots & skying chances from 10 yards)

Football is much more than cute triangles and cute touches...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

FATHER TIKO wrote:Been away from the web all weekend...

This is the most comical thread I've met on this site yet...Ayo Akinfe must be trolling, no? :???: :???:

I don't know which game Ayo Akinfe watched but the game in Polokwane on Friday night says:
Senegal needs plenty of improvement before Russia (the quality that is clearly present needs harnessing)

On Algeria v Nigeria:
It was a dead rubber on an atrocious pitch, yet: out-of-possession work...use of space...physical application...use of turn-overs...

John Ogu's strike alone was worth the match ticket...(in Polokwane players were scuffing shots & skying chances from 10 yards)

Which team looked better to you? Nigeria or Senegal? be honest.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

On Algeria v Nigeria:

Read my comment.

Lets just say I no fear that Senegal side wey I watch last Friday and I've watched that Friday game thrice...
(I've watched Algeria v Nigeria game more than thrice...)

Oya, next question...
- Bill Shankly
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

On Algeria v Nigeria:

Read my comment.

Lets just say I no fear that Senegal side wey I watch last Friday and I've watched that Friday game thrice...

Oya, next question...
Na which time we go start to pass the ball? All this one wey we just dey thump ball to nowhere no dey worry you?
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

On Algeria v Nigeria:

Read my comment.

Oya, next question...
Na which time we go start to pass the ball? All this one wey we just dey thump ball to nowhere no dey worry you?
That pitch na potato patch. Which kind pass you fit complete for there?

I no dey judge national team merely on qualifying games (insufficient training programs)

Judge Rohr's Eagles during tournaments which offers reasonable time for training (like Russia 2018)

I watched the "bench-mark" Westerhof 1994 SEagles struggle with fluency all through qualification games (AFCON94 Qualifiers & WCup Qualifiers)
Indeed, the last 94WCQ games v CIV (home) & Algeria (away) almost gave me heart-attacks...

Yet, there are decipherable signs if you look objectively enough...the flashes of lightning attacks (Westerhof's SEagles)...the restriction of goal opportunities created from open play by opposition (Rohr's SEagles)...

Algeria created a million chances in the home ties v Zambia & Cameroun, but were profligate (especially against Zambia)... Last Friday, against a Nigeria side missing 4 key players, Algeria (with all their glittering attacking talent) created zilch from open play (Ezenwa gifted them all their chances)

You really think this Algeria side are really poor? No. They merely suffered in a difficult group...
- Bill Shankly
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Gotti wrote:
My brother I weak oh...I mean it is a damn shame if you ask me smh