Morroco 100 % mercenaries

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Morroco 100 % mercenaries

Post by Bigpokey24 »

4 Morocco lineup in the crucial WC qualifier in Abidjan:
4 players born in Holland
4 players born in France
2 players born in Spain
Just one born in Morocco - and he grew up in Belgium

If it was Nigeria?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Morroco 100 % mercenaries

Post by Tbite »

Pathetic.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

So, it is time for all nations to put every available 'hands' on deck.
I see nothing wrong with the formula, except where it hampers the development of local talents.
Local football administrators need be tasked with developing the local talents and the league.
They should not be jetting around the world, vacationing and getting paid, looking for products
that they have no input in developing.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

They are not mercenaries. They are eligible Moroccans proudly representing their homeland.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

If they had used local born players they would be watching Russia 2018 at home along with Ghana, Cameroon, Algeria and Ivory Coast. Plato spoke about a thing called "The chief good." You have to decide what is applicable for your situation at every moment in time.

Nothing stops Morocco looking for home-grown youngsters will using "merceneries" at the World Cup. If anything, success at a global stage will greatly assist in bringing out a lot of young talent. Just to put things into perspective, I remember the US Army saying that it was having no problem recruiting during the Gulf War because combat was on TV all the time.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

joao wrote:So, it is time for all nations to put every available 'hands' on deck.
I see nothing wrong with the formula, except where it hampers the development of local talents.
Local football administrators need be tasked with developing the local talents and the league.
They should not be jetting around the world, vacationing and getting paid, looking for products
I see everything wrong with it. Why do Morocco have to qualify then?

Won't Holland, France and Spain be at the WC? Why do the world need to see their B team? And yes it is their B team, they were raised in the same exact academies and leagues as the A team.

There is no point hoisting a flag and playing at an international event, if you cannot offer your own locally developed talent, that is your contribution!

It is one thing to have a few of such players, but to only feature ONE locally developed player? What exactly makes the National Side Moroccan? Sentiment? The talent is from Europe, the coach is from France..only the DNA is Moroccan.

You must have SOMETHING that is from Morocco, and no the DNA does not cut it, and no the practice pitches and charter flights do not cut it either. We people from developing countries have such low standards. If this happened in a developed society, it would be an outrage.

ONE player? ONE?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tbite wrote:
joao wrote:So, it is time for all nations to put every available 'hands' on deck.

Won't Holland, France and Spain be at the WC? Why do the world need to see their B team? And yes it is their B team, they were raised in the same exact academies and leagues as the A team.

There is no point hoisting a flag and playing at an international event, if you cannot offer your own locally developed talent, that is your contribution!

It is one thing to have a few of such players, but to only feature ONE locally developed player? What exactly makes the National Side Moroccan? Sentiment? The talent is from Europe, the coach is from France..only the DNA is Moroccan.

You must have SOMETHING that is from Morocco, and no the DNA does not cut it, and no the practice pitches and charter flights do not cut it either. We people from developing countries have such low standards. If this happened in a developed society, it would be an outrage.

ONE player? ONE?
To the French, Dutch and Spanish racists, they are Moroccan immigrants!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Tbite wrote:Pathetic.
How so? Are they not Moroccans?

So if you Tbite, is qualified to represent Naijaria in anything we should say no to you?

When you have Australian/Naijarian kids and they want to represent their fatherland, you will be okay people discriminating against them because they are not Naijarian enough...not born and raised in Naijaria and both of their parents are not Naijarians?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I don't think Morocco adopted a policy of alienating the homegrown. They simply selected the very best among the eligible talents in the national pool. No law was broken and it worked.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Tbite wrote:

ONE player? ONE?
Holland did not qualify (before someone calls me out on that trivial point).

It is unfortunate if they have undergone racism. But it is as if some of us do not understand what makes a human being!

If you go to Holland and birth a child there, from a footballing standpoint he will be indistinguishable from his peers who have dutch ethnicity. Take nothing away from ones heritage which will always be there, but it is the facilities, the coaches, the doctrine that makes the football, not whether or not your father is a Berber or a White Dutch. A Moroccan Immigrant and a White dutch who have gone through the same system are the EXACT SAME, from a footballing standpoint (minute differences in physical makeup or diet (see the Moroccan dish section) are negligible relative to the bigger issues.

This is not a dating website, if you are interested in someone's feature or their second language fine, but they went through the same system....they are the same. When they go home and eat their Moroccan dishes cooked by their parents, they may be different, but on the pitch they are playing Dutch football. And that's fine, this is a new world...you can infuse a bit of globalization in any team, but if that team is completely based on a foreign foundation, why does it exist?

It has no reason to exist! There is ample European football in the World Cup! Why shouldn't I watch that instead?

And one might talk about National team coaching, but as many coaches have emphasize, you really do not teach at the National Team level, you simply direct.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Cellular wrote:
How so? Are they not Moroccans?

So if you Tbite, is qualified to represent Naijaria in anything we should say no to you?

When you have Australian/Naijarian kids and they want to represent their fatherland, you will be okay people discriminating against them because they are not Naijarian enough...not born and raised in Naijaria and both of their parents are not Naijarians?
See my latest post.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Were you not supporting D Tigers that had all Naija American players? If not I apologize but I could have sworn I saw you on the threads.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Tbite you are one of the ardent supporters of the Nigerian Bball team, please tell us why Morocco is pathetic and Nigeria is not.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Bigpokey24 wrote:4 Morocco lineup in the crucial WC qualifier in Abidjan:
4 players born in France
2 players born in Spain

If it was Nigeria?
Pathetic. Its not a true representation of the country. MOrroco is not about those that decided to runaway from the country but those that live in it and ensure that name, Morrocco remain a name to be proud of.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Tbite wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Tbite wrote:

ONE player? ONE?
Holland did not qualify (before someone calls me out on that trivial point).

It is unfortunate if they have undergone racism. But it is as if some of us do not understand what makes a human being!

If you go to Holland and birth a child there, from a footballing standpoint he will be indistinguishable from his peers who have dutch ethnicity. Take nothing away from ones heritage which will always be there, but it is the facilities, the coaches, the doctrine that makes the football, not whether or not your father is a Berber or a White Dutch. A Moroccan Immigrant and a White dutch who have gone through the same system are the EXACT SAME, from a footballing standpoint (minute differences in physical makeup or diet (see the Moroccan dish section) are negligible relative to the bigger issues.

This is not a dating website, if you are interested in someone's feature or their second language fine, but they went through the same system....they are the same. When they go home and eat their Moroccan dishes cooked by their parents, they may be different, but on the pitch they are playing Dutch football. And that's fine, this is a new world...you can infuse a bit of globalization in any team, but if that team is completely based on a foreign foundation, why does it exist?

It has no reason to exist! There is ample European football in the World Cup! Why shouldn't I watch that instead?

And one might talk about National team coaching, but as many coaches have emphasize, you really do not teach at the National Team level, you simply direct.
Utter rubbish. Arm chair quarter-backing at its finest.
Are they eligible to play for Morocco?
If yes, are they among the best 18 or 22 Moroccan footballers available for selection?
If yes, what is the issue?
On a personal side, do you know them personally to know if their heart bleeds orange or for Morocco?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

airwolex wrote:
Were you not supporting D Tigers that had all Naija American players? If not I apologize but I could have sworn I saw you on the threads.
I do not argue blindly as many people seem to think I do. I have thought through my argument in GREAT DETAIL! I have not even posted half of what is on my mind.

I have posts on CE (two I think), where I stated that I let that slide, because Basketball is not as big in Nigeria as football. It can help to inspire our youth.

But realistically the D'Tigers were USA Team B, not because of some identity bias that people seem to think I have, but because that is an OBJECTIVE FACT. I actually think that is one reason why they were ripped apart in the Olympics! The D'Tigers went through one of the most difficult QF series I have ever seen, they were a good team! Yes USA were formidable, but surely it didn't help that what was essentially USA Team B were predictable!

I think that representation for National sides should not be reduced to some hollowed out, superficial and token representation. Representation for the sake of representation. I think things are much more complex than that. I think that in this our beautiful universe, everything exists for a reason. It is beautiful to represent your fatherland, but what are you representing exactly? I want people to represent a brand of football CREATED and cultivated in Nigeria (As much as possible). You do not keep anyone out because of where they grew up or their dual nationality, but you do emphasize a Nigerian football philosophy, and you CONSTRAIN anything that impedes that, which includes the number of foreign nurtured players.

I am COMPLETELY ok with leaving the window open for Nigerians who have grown up abroad, but I am strongly against having National teams COMPLETELY based around such players. Why? Because when a team is completely alien, they will simply embody a foreign philosophy. There is only so much you can coach and direct at the NT level. We must have a good number of players that we raised from young.

If I see that all the players on the pitch were U15 English players, I will call that so called Nigerian team pathetic. If I see a handful of players who are representing their heritage, that is perfectly fine. In the future, one thing that would better help my argument is if our system was up to standard. Then I would say to all those who want to represent their fatherland so badly, why didn't you play for our youth sides? But as of now, and of no fault of theirs, we simply cannot have a team that is entirely English. Because why not then just watch England?

Let us not forget what it is that we are actually here for! Football, not DNA. Football! You do not watch chromosomes on the pitch, ultimately you watch football, and where it was cultivated is what it ultimately represents.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:4 Morocco lineup in the crucial WC qualifier in Abidjan:
4 players born in France
2 players born in Spain

If it was Nigeria?
This is direct fromthe Jackie Charlton book of building a national team. When he built the Irish team in the 90's he looked for the most tenuous links to Ireland to build his squad.

Someone like 1Naija that loves Irish Whisky would have easily got three caps minimum :D

The strategy can work in the short term but long term success needs a proper foundation.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

So in short basketball gets a pass because it is not as big in Nigeria and we were whooped by the USA because we sent a USA team B. I hope you realize how insulting that is to all those Naija boys that sacrificed so much to play for us. I guess if we sent a local team of Islanders and Pillars it would have been a nail biter.

Dude you are being a hypocrite on this matter plain and simple. You shouldn't support the Nigerian Basketball team if you feel this strongly about this issue end of. How can you call the Moroccans pathetic and support a Nigerian basketball team that has almost zero local representation.
Last edited by airwolex on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I see no problem with this.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They are not mercenaries if they have Moroccan citizenship. What about Nigeria?

Aina born in the UK
Balogun born in Germany
Ekong born in Holland
V Moses grew up in the UK
iwobi grew up in the UK
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: If they had used local born players they would be watching Russia 2018 at home along with Ghana, Cameroon, Algeria and Ivory Coast. Plato spoke about a thing called "The chief good." You have to decide what is applicable for your situation at every moment in time.

Nothing stops Morocco looking for home-grown youngsters will using "merceneries" at the World Cup. If anything, success at a global stage will greatly assist in bringing out a lot of young talent. Just to put things into perspective, I remember the US Army saying that it was having no problem recruiting during the Gulf War because combat was on TV all the time.
... and hence "Oga Joao's" point (develop your local players). Thus, you are both saying the same thing and I agree.
Last edited by Odas on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Look at the hypocrites coming out. Meanwhile you shamelessly chase British kids with Nigerian names yet you have the gall to call others mercenaries. Mind your business and focus on your team.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

airwolex wrote:So in short basketball gets a pass because it is not as big in Nigeria and we were whooped by the USA because we sent a USA team B. I hope you realize how insulting that is to all those Naija boys that sacrificed so much to play for us. I guess if we sent a local team of Islanders and Pillars it would have been a nail biter.

Dude you are being a hypocrite on this matter plain and simple. You shouldn't support the Nigerian Basketball team if you feel this strongly about this issue end of. How can you call the Moroccans pathetic and support a Nigerian basketball team that has almost zero local representation.
Unfortunately it's these vocal minority of Nigerians that make other African people not like Nigerians. I don't know what these north African countries did to some CE folks but the racism and bigotry I've read here is quite appalling. So what if Morrocco fielded a team full of foreign born players, how is that your business?
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.