Will the Next FIFA Ranking be Before the December 1 Draws?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Will the Next FIFA Ranking be Before the December 1 Draws?

Post by anointed »

Just thinking that the draw in Algeria plus this defeat of Argentina (I hope we didn't make more than 6 changes) and Italy's ouster could push us to Pot 3?

Is this within the realm of possibility at all?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Will the Next FIFA Ranking be Before the December 1 Draw

Post by Benedict Iroha »

No
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

With this performance, we should be in pot #1 for the drawings :sneaky:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

The October ranking will be used. The November games have no impact.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

marutimon wrote:The October ranking will be used. The November games have no impact.
You are absolutely correct. Just checked. At 41, we head all teams in pot 1 and had these matches mattered, we might just have slipped into Pot 3.

Can you imagine Iran is ranked ahead of us likewise 3 of 5 African qualifiers who are all Pot 3. We are better than only Morocco and we are both in Pot 4.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

anointed wrote:
marutimon wrote:The October ranking will be used. The November games have no impact.
You are absolutely correct. Just checked. At 41, we head all teams in pot 1 and had these matches mattered, we might just have slipped into Pot 3.

Can you imagine Iran is ranked ahead of us likewise 3 of 5 African qualifiers who are all Pot 3. We are better than only Morocco and we are both in Pot 4.
Sadly FIFA rankings at best convoluted, at worst a system built for nations to scam their way to unworthy position in FIFA rankings i.e Wales, Romania.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

If we have been playing like this two years ago, we would be in Pot One now. When we failed to qualify for two ANC's in a row, it should be expected that we would pay the price for it.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

We won the ANC in 2013, and it did jack for us, we need to play Lithania, Wales, Northern Ireland, Romania, Poland and Liechtensten, Venezuela a few times and you will see us jump, Hey I didnt make the rules, Im just going by whats on ground
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Nothing spoil. No matter what pot we land in, World cup not be moi moi. I don't think any pot 1 team wants to see us after a display like today.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So who are the pot 1 team that people are shaking and pot 2 teams?
Thanks
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

We always do well in the group of death!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:Nothing spoil. No matter what pot we land in, World cup not be moi moi. I don't think any pot 1 team wants to see us after a display like today.

:clap:

We don’t give a fook!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?