BALOGUN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
BALOGUN

Post by jette1 »

Not a World Cup player. He might have been great against African Teams but the reason he plays in division 2 is now obvious
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BALOGUN

Post by DAgrin »

You obviously don't know what you are taking about.
Balogun is a Bundesliga player and has been one of our best defenders so far - has saved us several times.
His first touch also looks too heavy for me but he is a good defender with great positioning.
One of our better players.
Nevertheless, overall we lack quality.
The Argentines are at least one class above us individually.
Only a few of our players have the class to perform on the highest level.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Dude just get a pass because he was bred in Germany.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Lets be a bit patient and see more of him before a final conclusion
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

DAgrin wrote:You obviously don't know what you are taking about.
Balogun is a Bundesliga player and has been one of our best defenders so far - has saved us several times.
His first touch also looks too heavy for me but he is a good defender with great positioning.
Bench warmer in the Bundesliga
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
Might be.
Nevertheless the best defenders available for the country are on the pitch at the moment.
We just have to admit that we just don't have enough class.
It's not a question of player selection but lacking class overall.
But let's wait and see if our players can raise by the challenges they face in the 2nd half.
Sometimes class comes with experience on the highest level.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

I knew he wasn't all that but he was getting a pass and each time somebody mention his flaws, his groupies will call you all kind of names as if you have blaspheme.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
No, he isn't. He's been injured a bit.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Who do we have that is better than him on the bench?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

metalalloy wrote:Who do we have that is better than him on the bench?
...good answer metalalloy...
...is better to ignore many here...
...ignorance make a destitute of a believer...
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

He hasn’t been imperil his last 2 games for SE. however, that shouldn’t negate the fact that he was our best defender at wcq
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Well the search for a CB continues, cause one certainty is we will badly struggle in defense at the world cup proper without depth.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Moronic thread

Wha choo looking at?!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

The oyinbo wall can't pass to save their lives because they are a wall. What we been missing in SE is a CD pairing that's not fancy, but consistently blocks most things thrown at it. Technical crew just needs to work on them releasing the ball quick to players who can hold on to it. We also need better teamwork to counteract the high press.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

You've got to be kidding me.
How quickly you forget the role he played in getting us to the World Cup! Unreal!

He's had a bad couple of games, so??!!

If there's one (no two) thing Gernot Rohr must do, he must make sure Balogun isnt tasked with facing pace and make sure he isnt asked to be a ball playing CBi.e. protect his weaknesses. The kid can absolutely play. He and Ekong have a great partnership and when the cover in front of them is working, they are central to what this unit has become.

Good thing you guys are not anywhere near the decision making process for the Super Eagles. This is craziness.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jette1 wrote:Not a World Cup player. He might have been great against African Teams but the reason he plays in division 2 is now obvious
Please grow up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: geeezzz...
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote:Well the search for a CB continues, cause one certainty is we will badly struggle in defense at the world cup proper without depth.

Keep searching and when you find one, stick him up your asss..ss.ss. You guys will NOT destroy this Team in Jesus name! I am ready to fight you people this year! nonsense! We defeat Argentina, and your plan is how to destroy the team! Good grief!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:You've got to be kidding me.
How quickly you forget the role he played in getting us to the World Cup! Unreal!

If there's one (no two) thing Gernot Rohr must do, he must make sure Balogun isnt tasked with facing pace and make sure he isnt asked to be a ball playing CBi.e. protect his weaknesses. The kid can absolutely play. He and Ekong have a great partnership and when the cover in front of them is working, they are central to what this unit has become.

Good thing you guys are not anywhere near the decision making process for the Super Eagles. This is craziness.
Bro, forget that "passing out of the back." Truth is that Argentina pressed us Bielsa/Sampaoli style and we weren't prepared for that level of intensity! Simple as that! Now we have tested it, if we meet them again, we can plan better for it.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Dumb thread.

Balogun is a world cup player. Our best defender. Just need to get more games at this club to keep in shape.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

He’s by far our best defender. Looked off pace last couple of games but Class is permanent.
Make una no come start this nonsense.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:You've got to be kidding me.

Bro, forget that "passing out of the back." Truth is that Argentina pressed us Bielsa/Sampaoli style and we weren't prepared for that level of intensity! Simple as that! Now we have tested it, if we meet them again, we can plan better for it.
You raise a great point! Few sides press like that, the guy clearly wasn't ready for it and may never have to deal with it again for another year or two.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

jette1 wrote:Not a World Cup player. He might have been great against African Teams but the reason he plays in division 2 is now obvious
Mainz is D2 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Haba you for use google before opening this thread nah :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley