Argentina 2 V 4 Nigeria FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina 2 V 4 Nigeria FT

Post by okidoki »

It's curious to note that, no one has mentioned, we were back to a back 4 after a while.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

anikulapo wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Wait how the hell did this turnaround happen????? WTF :shock:

God is a Nigerian ohhh :shock:

Is this a film trick :ohmy:
This has absolutely nothing to do with God

No wonder you’re cursed with the demon of stupidity :lol:
Dumbo God doesnt choose sides in sports...but hey feel free to ride that stupid train.... anuohia... :thumb:

Bushman so you actually took an expression literally :rotf: :rotf: thank god you’re the only moron on the forum :woot:
No amount of emoticon will mask your stupidity. Overgrown baby. You need your head examined. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

I believe! Up Eagus! Up Iheanacho! Up Iwobi! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Up Rohr!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

100%Naija wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
100%Naija wrote:

If that's his demon, what's yours? Didn't you say it'd end 8-0 for Argentina after they scored the second? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leave that sewer rat aka Black Donald Trump to keep making noise. Na the virtual environment to give am confidence...

Detroit Vulcanizer stop coming here to pollute forum with ya stupidity ... abeg go back to prison foolish boy
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Kelechi officially voted mom.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina V Nigeria

Post by platinum »

Rawlings wrote:The same Naija team easily qualified fro arguably Africa's strongest world cup group

what does that say about the level of football in Africa?
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

100%Naija wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
100%Naija wrote:

Dumbo God doesnt choose sides in sports...but hey feel free to ride that stupid train.... anuohia... :thumb:

Bushman so you actually took an expression literally :rotf: :rotf: thank god you’re the only moron on the forum :woot:
No amount of emoticon will mask your stupidity. Overgrown baby. You need your head examined. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Too bad they can’t examine your head Because nah only bad air dey exist between ya monkey like ears
Last edited by anikulapo on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Sampaoli's unbeaten streak with Argentina ... gone!

Reports are that Aguero fainted in the dressing room after the game. Hope he is OK.

Wha choo looking at?!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

anikulapo wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
100%Naija wrote:

If that's his demon, what's yours? Didn't you say it'd end 8-0 for Argentina after they scored the second? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leave that sewer rat aka Black Donald Trump to keep making noise. Na the virtual environment to give am confidence...

Detroit Vulcanizer stop coming here to pollute forum with ya stupidity ... abeg go back to prison foolish boy
Prison? lol stop telling us about your experience in the States. Not everyone has been to prison like you. Yeye jobless crook.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
sholaJay
Egg
Egg

Post by sholaJay »

Winning wasn't the priority, but this will be a huge mental boost for the boys.

I think we will do well next year !
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Good game from the boys. On to the next one.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
icee wrote:Takeaways. Very nice to be able to make conclusions and improve while winning.

1. The Akpeyi conversation, on account of evidence is resolved. Sometimes peeps know this stuff, but the best way to settle things like this in a way that affords a sense of fairness is to give the player a chance to play himself in or out. For Akpeyi, this, I hope was the one last chance. He's earned his way out

2. Tyronne Ebuehi - the diagonals to that side of the pitch was dealt with and neutralized once he came on. I think he'll go to Russia

3. Uzouho - I need a few more games to see if he can start but from today's game, he'll be on the plane at least as back up

- Others:

Ola Aina is NOt a lock-in. Brian Idowu has more or less displaced him at LB. Aina has a chance because he can play LB and RB.

Controversial takeaways -

I think Ogu isn't good enough. I think he played himself out
Our "enforcer" dey go world cup.
Yup! No question about that. LIke I said, i am not a fan, but only a blind person will question his performances. He is not a starter, but he is definitely good enough for the 23. :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

okidoki wrote:It's curious to note that, no one has mentioned, we were back to a back 4 after a while.
Wrong.

We did not play a back four at any point during this game.

Back 5? Yes.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

100%Naija wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
100%Naija wrote:

Prison? lol stop telling us about your experience in the States. Not everyone has been to prison like you. Yeye jobless crook.

Eh? A jobless Vulcanizer wey sneak in through Mexico dey talk? :rotf: no wonder Nigerians have such a bad name :rotf:

MLK.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Did yall notice our fast passing and speed. ..Counter, counter..The wcqs really helped us...Algeria. Cameroon and Zambia, thank you all for pushing the SE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Damunk wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:abeg e don do...let's stop showing the world wetin we fit do...

No chief! We want teams to be afraid that they will come into games afraid of us and that will cause them to retreat and make mistakes! Remember how they say the likes of Barcelona win games in the tunnel :lol:

I think people underestimate the effect of that mental edge. Being the underdog is all well and good but there's also an edge that comes when people know that you are good and if they make a mistake, you will punish them. It's what champions have. Guys like Nadal and Federer, teams like Barca. Mourinho teams. etc. You know who they are and what they are and it fuels fear.
Absolutely.
Fascinating subject but mental edge wins games.
Think Man utd under Ferguson.
Think Barcelona.
Think Germany.
Think Brazil once upon a time.
I disagree with you guys. Swagger is great, but not when it can potentially turn to overconfidence, i.e., preparing to face Brazil when you haven't played Denmark. 1998 was when expectations and swagger were high....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ugbowo wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:Ndidi will be crucial to our WC. Absolutely crucial...
Our best midfielder, hands down!

And to think some people spoke of dropping him for Ogu some days ago. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Otein mwen,

That was me. I will gladly swallow that humble pie. Ndidi was FANTASTIC today. My MOM and its not even close. These are they type of games he can show his worth. He was amazing breaking up and starting play. He didn't have too much time on the ball so he always made the simplest first option which aided our counter attacking.

No more Ndidi complaints from me.
Enomwanren, I sey make i use backyard yab you small. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:abeg e don do...let's stop showing the world wetin we fit do...

No chief! We want teams to be afraid that they will come into games afraid of us and that will cause them to retreat and make mistakes! Remember how they say the likes of Barcelona win games in the tunnel :lol:

I think people underestimate the effect of that mental edge. Being the underdog is all well and good but there's also an edge that comes when people know that you are good and if they make a mistake, you will punish them. It's what champions have. Guys like Nadal and Federer, teams like Barca. Mourinho teams. etc. You know who they are and what they are and it fuels fear.
Absolutely.
Think Barcelona.
Think Germany.
I disagree with you guys. Swagger is great, but not when it can potentially turn to overconfidence, i.e., preparing to face Brazil when you haven't played Denmark. 1998 was when expectations and swagger were high....
Chief, the difference is that this time, we have discipline. If you look back at that team.. team that was friends with Abacha and choosing which of their friend was selected. A team that alienated Ikpeba. There is a difference this time.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

i see..
-Simpli fy -
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

So glad I got to watch this wonderful match:
1. The 'tale of two halves' clearly reflected the change in mentality. Our guys showed the Argentines too much respect in the 1H.
2. I've been crying about LB and RB for a while now. After finally seeing Ebuehi, I can't help wishing Shehu can play LB also. If it's true that Idowu actually came into LB, then we ought to leave him there. Echiejile has no business going to Russia. Much of the 2H resurgence came from shutting down the flanks when the Argies had the ball.
3. Akpeyi is not ready for this. That spot should be a straight fight between Ezenwa and Uzoho, unless Enyeama comes back.
5. Musa has to play more, or at least come in early enough to punish teams with his pace and experience.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Absolutely.
Think Barcelona.
Think Germany.
Chief, the difference is that this time, we have discipline. If you look back at that team.. team that was friends with Abacha and choosing which of their friend was selected. A team that alienated Ikpeba. There is a difference this time.

That 98 side for me was the worst TEAM we ever took to a WC. Uncoachable lot. Once Troussier left, it was a joke of a side. How they got to the 2nd round is beyond my imagination.
We took worse individuals to 02 and 2010 but as a unit, those poor sides were better IMHO. 98 was a total joke. It was no surprise that Denmark tore them apart. Bulgaria and Spain landed serious body blows and somehow we didn't get beat. Denmark only did what Yugolsavia and others in the preWC friendlies had shown.

With this side, as you said earlier, as long as external wahala doesn't creep in. I see a humble team who are determined to achieve.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Gotti wrote:
kali wrote:Rohr clearly was experimenting with defensive options. The win was irrelevant other than as a confidence booster. Idowu, Ebuehi and Aina provide options at the back.
It may not have been the uppermost goal, but a win was most definitely NOT "irrelevant"...
Fact not feelings!

If we lose it is "we can't beat Argentina" but when we win it is "a win was irrelevant"...Fans sha...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

okidoki wrote:It's curious to note that, no one has mentioned, we were back to a back 4 after a while.
And I must say we looked more comfortable with a flat back 4