Uzoho, Ebuehi, Idowu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Uzoho, Ebuehi, Idowu

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Gotti wrote:Ebuehi put in an outstanding shift today... :clap:

Idowu scored with practically his first touch, but did not really show much. Meanwhile, Uzoho looked self-assured (something that has lately seemed in short supply among our GKs), but not particularly tested. All in all, the squad is rounding out nicely.
Idowu locked down the left side of defense and could have scored a second goal, what game did you watch? Idowu must start if Rohr knows what he is doing, Idowu made omerou regain confidence
Argentina vs Nigeria! Which one did YOU watch?! :roll:

While I NEVER said anything about Idowu playing badly - because he did not...
He however did NOT "lock down" ish, when cross after cross came from his wing.

The guy goal don blind them. :lol: :lol: I want Idowu in the team because he is absolutely better than Echiejile. But you are right! he didnt lock anything. lets see his future performances.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Gotti wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Idowu scored with practically his first touch, but did not really show much. Meanwhile, Uzoho looked self-assured (something that has lately seemed in short supply among our GKs), but not particularly tested. All in all, the squad is rounding out nicely.
Idowu locked down the left side of defense and could have scored a second goal, what game did you watch? Idowu must start if Rohr knows what he is doing, Idowu made omerou regain confidence
Argentina vs Nigeria! Which one did YOU watch?! :roll:

While I NEVER said anything about Idowu playing badly - because he did not...
He however did NOT "lock down" ish, when cross after cross came from his wing.
And what was the result of those imaginary crosses that you saw? You said apart from the goal he did not show much? Seems like you need to go watch the game again and again until u get it. He nullified the argentine attack from his wing thus ebuehi was able to show his defensive skills cos Argentina had to attack from his wing. If you no sabi football don't just type nonsense
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

smartbrother wrote:Nobody benches shehu
Fact

I would have agreed with you earlier but I dont know now.

Ebuehi played very well for his second match, and against aRgentina. He was very assured defensively and did well in attack.

He played better in that role than Abdullahi did today. THAT IS A FACT.

What I do know is that barring injuries Echijele's SE career should now be over.

We have Idowu and Aina on the left and Abdullahi and Ebuehi on the right.

Uzoho looked very assured and should start our remaining matches.

Akpeyi should never be called again, the guy is good to give up one free goal every match he plays, its just a matter of if the opposition takes the gift or not. Who saw him also clear the ball against an ARgentine player ? what is wrong with that joker ?
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

very few players score what amounts to winning goal b Argentina on their debut with their first touch
Afaic dude is on the plane to russia
Especially when you consider his versatility
Last edited by smartbrother on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

danfo driver wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Our new found gems, let's discuss guys!!!

And we wonder why Rohr has refused to give ebuehi a chance till now, shehu is good but ebuehi is from another planet,
Idowu is a complete baller
Ozoho is the 1st choice keeper

Great game by Rohr but what's the beef with onyekuru? Why not give the kid a chance, I hope he is not reserving a spot for junk Simon.
Calm down! Ebuehi was fantatic, but Shehu has been fantastic. It is up to the both of them to work hard and the coach will select his choice.

As for Onyekuru, I wanted to see him play. But i guess it was clear that the coach wanted to give everyone minutes. And with only 6 subs available, Idowu, Ebuehi, Uzoho, Kayode, Musa, Omeruo deserve to get minutes. Onyekuwu got 20 against Algeria. Now, the coach can spend the next 3 months looking at all their performances + training + attitude and see who returns for the next game.

Agbo was not given any chance. Anyway with want the s happening it will be difficult for him to make this team.

We have gotten a keeper not. Ezenwa udozo are the only keepers we have for the worldcup.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Uzoho looked self assured which was good to see. Also he did have one outstanding save from that header.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

They all played well..................Ebuehi really shocked me due to the level of the competition in Holland these days.

Idowu has been doing his thing in Russia..................Glad to see him in the SE.

Uzoho.........................Nothing more to add.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

osita wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

And we wonder why Rohr has refused to give ebuehi a chance till now, shehu is good but ebuehi is from another planet,

Great game by Rohr but what's the beef with onyekuru? Why not give the kid a chance, I hope he is not reserving a spot for junk Simon.
Calm down! Ebuehi was fantatic, but Shehu has been fantastic. It is up to the both of them to work hard and the coach will select his choice.

As for Onyekuru, I wanted to see him play. But i guess it was clear that the coach wanted to give everyone minutes. And with only 6 subs available, Idowu, Ebuehi, Uzoho, Kayode, Musa, Omeruo deserve to get minutes. Onyekuwu got 20 against Algeria. Now, the coach can spend the next 3 months looking at all their performances + training + attitude and see who returns for the next game.

Agbo was not given any chance. Anyway with want the s happening it will be difficult for him to make this team.

We have gotten a keeper not. Ezenwa udozo are the only keepers we have for the worldcup.

Agbo has been on the team since Rohr came in. I am sure the coach has seen what he can do.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:

Uzoho looked self assured which was good to see. Also he did have one outstanding save from that header.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
That height was fantastic. lol. I kept shouting at our defenders through tv :lol: to flood the middle so that the Argeies had to move to the wings and cross the ball! He was just plucking all the balls like someone plucking cherry. :clap:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

osita wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

You seem to have a peculiar affinity for stupid players!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

txj wrote:
osita wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Why is Agbo a stupid player?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wale1974 wrote:
txj wrote:
osita wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Why is Agbo a stupid player?

Have you ever seen him play for his club?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

It's really unfair to say Echiejielle's SE career is over - this is a player that helped qualify us for 2 world cups if I remember correctly but missed both due to injury. Elderson definitely should be on the plane to Russia if fit - how can be play all (?) our important qualifiers and then be unworthy for the mundial itself?

Fans should not forget their heroes so easily!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

lekanlij wrote:It's really unfair to say Echiejielle's SE career is over - this is a player that helped qualify us for 2 world cups if I remember correctly but missed both due to injury. Elderson definitely should be on the plane to Russia if fit - how can be play all (?) our important qualifiers and then be unworthy for the mundial itself?

And who will you drop from the team in order to make a space for your friend, based on sentiments?

This is Rohr's comments in the post-match --
''Brian played well, scored a goal. His prospects depend on how he will perform at the club. His debut, I'm happy.

''On his position we have other options, so who will play better will be in the team.''
he didnt say "it is the person who we feel sorry for the most". :roll:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:This is Rohr's comments in the post-match --
''Brian played well, scored a goal. His prospects depend on how he will perform at the club. His debut, I'm happy."
Enugu II, are you paying attention, bro?

Also, Rohr should apply this criteria to all players - Musa included.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Ebuehi and Idowu were really impressive, Uzoho steadied the ship but also wasn't too much tested, but then again anything is better than Akpeyi, even if we put a traffic cone there, I mean how bad can you be, when I saw him drop that ball my eye brow went up like why would you do that, there are Argentine forwards right next to you why not drop kick it out, I didn't know the guy was a mad man.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Akpeyi is a real head case...
But in fairness, the assistant raised his flag and he prolly thought the ref blew for offsides.
Yeah then after the ref blows got a foul he drops the ball again in front of an opponent the second time and starts arguing with the ref while the Argies were about to take the free kick. I'm like didn't you watch old tapes of Argentina v Nigeria 1994?

Just like Abiodun Baruwa against Yugoslavia in 98 he's probably played himself outta the team trying to be too cute.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

lekanlij wrote:It's really unfair to say Echiejielle's SE career is over - this is a player that helped qualify us for 2 world cups if I remember correctly but missed both due to injury. Elderson definitely should be on the plane to Russia if fit - how can be play all (?) our important qualifiers and then be unworthy for the mundial itself?

Tinkerman won Leicester the EPL but didn't get to lead them throughout their sojourn in Europe.

Keeping it biblical, Moses led the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt but never got to enter the promised land.

Life is unfair.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

vancity eagle wrote:We have Idowu and Aina on the left and Abdullahi and Ebuehi on the right.
Kongi will be here in a few moments to tell you about "King Nura" ....
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

SAW A FLAW IN UZOHO THAT I'D SEEN IN EZENWA

Their goalkicks barely go beyond the halfline when it should be halfway into the opponent's half.
Bell
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Just stop it! Rohr took liberties with his starting line-up. Fielding Akpeyi was taking the piss. Even with his subs, what is his obsession with Ahmed Musa?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:This is Rohr's comments in the post-match --
''Brian played well, scored a goal. His prospects depend on how he will perform at the club. His debut, I'm happy."
Enugu II, are you paying attention, bro?

Also, Rohr should apply this criteria to all players - Musa included.
Bros,

He has not said anything different from what he had said previously. However, I have a different opinion on that particularly as it pertains to the peculiarities of the Nigerian footballer and specifically surrounding where(country + club) a player is laboring.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

So did he serve you humble pie today? :P
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

oyek wrote:

So did he serve you humble pie today? :P
No he did not, as I never said he is a bad player...

Watched a club game he did NOT play well and said so, and today I watched an SE game in which he played well and also said so. How's that any different from those who were praising Ezenwa a few weeks ago now re-evaluating their rating of him? Some of you need to quit this rigid alternate of either demonizing or canonizing players. Sometimes folks play well and sometimes they don't - that's just life.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL