Iwobi will score many goals in Russia...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet
Iwobi will score many goals in Russia...

Post by muzines »

Iwobi has perfected this technique of standing in the middle of the 18, and just guiding the ball to the far post with one touch. That was how he scored against Zambia, and he now scored the same way against Argentina. Many defenders do not anticipate this, and defend deep thereby giving him the space he needs.

His nutmeg of Mascherano was a direct result of the first goal. Mascherano jumped in to block his first touch, and he coolly nutmegged the old man. Iwobi is unpredictable around the 18, which makes him an asset.

He should be a first choice starter in Russia and I think he will score many goals from there.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iwobi will score many goals in Russia...

Post by vancity eagle »

Iwobi should be our AM.

Mikel and Ndidi behind with Moses and Onyekuru/Nacho on the flanks
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

muzines wrote:Iwobi has perfected this technique of standing in the middle of the 18, and just guiding the ball to the far post with one touch. That was how he scored against Zambia, and he now scored the same way against Argentina. Many defenders do not anticipate this, and defend deep thereby giving him the space he needs.

His nutmeg of Mascherano was a direct result of the first goal. Mascherano jumped in to block his first touch, and he coolly nutmegged the old man. Iwobi is unpredictable around the 18, which makes him an asset.

He should be a first choice starter in Russia and I think he will score many goals from there.
It is because no one else in Eagles contests that run and positioning with him. In Arsenal, everyone including the goal keeper is waiting for the cutback around the D. It is good to see in SE sha to be honest. We can score goals from half chances now
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

vancity eagle wrote:Iwobi should be our AM.

If Mikel were faster this will be the perfect Midfield line up for this formation; Ndidi - Mikel - Iwobi. But I will not advocate, too much of a risk.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Arsene Wenger described Alex Iwobi at being at his very best in small, tight spaces. He said Iwobi sorts his feet out far quickly than others. We are beginning to see the truth in that.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:Iwobi should be our AM.

Then you give up too much in the middle with Mikel there. I don't see a scenario where Rohr drops mikel from his advanced midfield role.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Goldleaf wrote:Arsene Wenger described Alex Iwobi at being at his very best in small, tight spaces. He said Iwobi sorts his feet out far quickly than others. We are beginning to see the truth in that.
That statement describes Iwobi perfectly. Arsenal fans on Twitter are asking why he does score like this for them. I think because the other players won’t let him.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

muzines wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Arsene Wenger described Alex Iwobi at being at his very best in small, tight spaces. He said Iwobi sorts his feet out far quickly than others. We are beginning to see the truth in that.
That statement describes Iwobi perfectly. Arsenal fans on Twitter are asking why he does score like this for them. I think because the other players won’t let him.
Exactly