Goal Keeper Issues

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Goal Keeper Issues

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Ezenwa to Akpeyi ....where do they find these division 5 goalies..

Get well soon Carl Ikeme ...Enyeama if u love your country come back.

Give the deportivo goalie a chance.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Goal Keeper Issues

Post by DAgrin »

We obviously have a goalkeeper crisis at the moment!
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

What issue? Ask Odas and danfo they will tell you no way we can look at Enyeama we are good lmao. This is the effing World Cup we are talking about.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

There’s no guarantee that enyeama is fit enough to be playing now. Enyeama has to be playing to be considered. I will like to see uzoho
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Bring back Enyeama
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:There’s no guarantee that enyeama is fit enough to be playing now. Enyeama has to be playing to be considered. I will like to see uzoho
Of course he has to be fit, but those yahoo's saying he shouldn't even be considered when fit. Let's go to the WC with these local and inexperienced goalie we go collect baskets.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

PLEASE DON'T BLAME IT ALL ON THE KEEPERS

See how loosely the players are covering their men before a pass. That's the main problem right there.
Bell
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

We don't have a GK problem. We just have not invited the best hands outside of Ikeme to camp.

Anyone who thinks a 36 year old Enyeama who was injured, and may be a year removed from competitive football b4 the WC) can meet up to the WC standard is not very knowledgeable about football matters. Ignoring Ikeme and Enyeama, I believe 3 keepers need to be looked at. I have said so on the pages several times.

1) Francis Uzoho - Thankfully he is in camp

2) David Nwolokor - A 21 year old Nigeria has started for 2 seasons in Europe. He has been recalled back to his parent club, a champions league team. Even though he is not starting this season, I'll bet on a 21 year old being able to get back to top physical and game shape over a 56 year old.

3) Femi Thomas - Going out on a limb here, but every time I have seen him, he has looked like a starter for the SE. He was the starter ahead of Ezenwa for the U-20 WC (with Ideye & Co). He played for Enyimba for a long time under some of the wise men of the domestic game (Khadiri Ikhana and Okey Emordi). Even in the recent loss of Rivers Utd to the Moroccan side, he was excellent and only beaten by 2 deflected goals. His domestic career track is better than Ezenwa, and he was ahead of him in the U-20s. Why is he not invited.
Sunset might help out here as he has the 411 on the domestic league. Thomas has been drifted a bit over the last year as he followed Ikhana to Pillars and left after Ikhana resigned.

Put Uzoho, Ezenwa, Nwolokor and Thomas in camp and select the best 3.

For you Vince fans, let them add him as well. I'm sure the 4 keepers above will beat him hands down.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Uzoho I love his height
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Uzoho I love his height

LOOKING GOOD AND POLISHED...

...I'd say.
Bell
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

Uzoho, Ezenwa and Ikeme
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:What issue? Ask Odas and danfo they will tell you no way we can look at Enyeama we are good lmao. This is the effing World Cup we are talking about.

I rather have a goalkeeping issue than to have a cancer come into the team and use his arrogance to destroy every hard work we have done to build this team spirit.

Did you love the peacecorp team vs Argentina? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Abi na Pa Jeun Ko ko call us peace corps team sef?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I'd take a match rusty Ikeme over Ezenwa and Akpeyi.

Sorry, but facts.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The YeyeMan wrote:I'd take a match rusty Ikeme over Ezenwa and Akpeyi.

Sorry, but facts.
But you were defending Akpeyi a few days ago.

Well I'll take a recovered Ikeme, Uzoho, Nwolokor and Thomas over Enyeama.

It is not up to either one of us though.

Let them go to camp and let the coaching crew decide based on what they see.

Y'all can say I'm hating on Vince but based on what the coaching crew are saying, I don't think he goes to Russia.

Just today they repeated the terms.

Find a club, publicly unretire, and state your willingness to come back to camp without making any demands or stating conditions.

All of that does not matter to me. My very informed opinion is that he is not one of the best 3 keepers available to Nigeria at this point.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

truetalk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:I'd take a match rusty Ikeme over Ezenwa and Akpeyi.

Sorry, but facts.
But you were defending Akpeyi a few days ago.
Nope, I haven't. Never have.

Had to stop reading your post at that point.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

truetalk wrote:We don't have a GK problem. We just have not invited the best hands outside of Ikeme to camp.

Anyone who thinks a 36 year old Enyeama who was injured, and may be a year removed from competitive football b4 the WC) can meet up to the WC standard is not very knowledgeable about football matters. Ignoring Ikeme and Enyeama, I believe 3 keepers need to be looked at. I have said so on the pages several times.

2) David Nwolokor - A 21 year old Nigeria has started for 2 seasons in Europe. He has been recalled back to his parent club, a champions league team. Even though he is not starting this season, I'll bet on a 21 year old being able to get back to top physical and game shape over a 56 year old.

3) Femi Thomas - Going out on a limb here, but every time I have seen him, he has looked like a starter for the SE. He was the starter ahead of Ezenwa for the U-20 WC (with Ideye & Co). He played for Enyimba for a long time under some of the wise men of the domestic game (Khadiri Ikhana and Okey Emordi). Even in the recent loss of Rivers Utd to the Moroccan side, he was excellent and only beaten by 2 deflected goals. His domestic career track is better than Ezenwa, and he was ahead of him in the U-20s. Why is he not invited.
Sunset might help out here as he has the 411 on the domestic league. Thomas has been drifted a bit over the last year as he followed Ikhana to Pillars and left after Ikhana resigned.

For you Vince fans, let them add him as well. I'm sure the 4 keepers above will beat him hands down.
Akpeyi has created agents bonanza
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

1naija wrote:
truetalk wrote:We don't have a GK problem. We just have not invited the best hands outside of Ikeme to camp.

Akpeyi has created agents bonanza
A piece of advice, especially if you don't agree with anything I say.

Keep quiet.

Think about it for about 3 months.

You'll eventually figure it out, because it will be apparent.

If you're honest, you'll agree that has been your experience with me.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho(sp) is ahead of Akpeyi and Ezenwa in my opinion.

Enyeama should be the starter. That means we need one more goalkeeper. Take Uzoho to the World cup for experience as the 3rd choice Goalkeeper.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Maybe I just got confused by the weird grammar.

1naija wrote:

Who is your client that you trying to replace Akeyi with?

Find the client who is going hungry, who needs to put food on his plate and you'll have your answer.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:What issue? Ask Odas and danfo they will tell you no way we can look at Enyeama we are good lmao. This is the effing World Cup we are talking about.

I rather have a goalkeeping issue than to have a cancer come into the team and use his arrogance to destroy every hard work we have done to build this team spirit.

Did you love the peacecorp team vs Argentina? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Abi na Pa Jeun Ko ko call us peace corps team sef?

Enyeama is not the cancer you should be worried about in the team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

truetalk wrote:Maybe I just got confused by the weird grammar.

1naija wrote:

Find the client who is going hungry, who needs to put food on his plate and you'll have your answer.
:lol: That's no defence of Akpeyi.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The YeyeMan wrote:
truetalk wrote:Maybe I just got confused by the weird grammar.

1naija wrote:

:lol: That's no defence of Akpeyi.

Oboy, the guy dey vex for simple question wey him for just answer.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

All things being equal, the three keepers would be (in no order): Ikeme, Uzoho, and Enyeama - representing the experienced, the present, and the future. I'd have few worries with any of those guys in goal. The problem we have is that one is clubless, one is very green, and the other is ill.

So we're having to consider back ups in Ezenwa and Akpeyi - one is a certified clown and the other is extremely jittery - you'll know which is which.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024