Goal Keeper Issues

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Goal Keeper Issues

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote:What issue? Ask Odas and danfo they will tell you no way we can look at Enyeama we are good lmao. This is the effing World Cup we are talking about.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Maceo4, we may be having difficulty in the goal keeping area, but I don't think "calling back" Enyeama is the solution, Enyeama is retired
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote: I rather have a goalkeeping issue than to have a cancer come into the team and use his arrogance to destroy every hard work we have done to build this team spirit.

Did you love the peacecorp team vs Argentina? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Abi na Pa Jeun Ko ko call us peace corps team sef?
Here comes our resident daft, airheaded 'football-know-nothing'.
You are only good for comic relief.
Gasheaded buffoon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The YeyeMan wrote:All things being equal, the three keepers would be (in no order): Ikeme, Uzoho, and Enyeama - representing the experienced, the present, and the future. I'd have few worries with any of those guys in goal. The problem we have is that one is clubless, one is very green, and the other is ill.

So we're having to consider back ups in Ezenwa and Akpeyi - one is a certified clown and the other is extremely jittery - you'll know which is which.
What about Nwolokor?

He has done more in Europe than Uzoho.

I have been advocating these 2 players for over a year, especially because of what I considered as the unreasonable invitation of Alampasu over young keepers who were actually developing in Europe..

If Nwolokor plays in the Champions league for Rijeka now, the NFF and all the fans start gushing all over him, yet as a 21 year old Nigerian, he has started for 2 seasons in Europe.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

truetalk wrote:We don't have a GK problem. We just have not invited the best hands outside of Ikeme to camp.

Anyone who thinks a 36 year old Enyeama who was injured, and may be a year removed from competitive football b4 the WC) can meet up to the WC standard is not very knowledgeable about football matters. Ignoring Ikeme and Enyeama, I believe 3 keepers need to be looked at. I have said so on the pages several times.

1) Francis Uzoho - Thankfully he is in camp

2) David Nwolokor - A 21 year old Nigeria has started for 2 seasons in Europe. He has been recalled back to his parent club, a champions league team. Even though he is not starting this season, I'll bet on a 21 year old being able to get back to top physical and game shape over a 56 year old.

3) Femi Thomas - Going out on a limb here, but every time I have seen him, he has looked like a starter for the SE. He was the starter ahead of Ezenwa for the U-20 WC (with Ideye & Co). He played for Enyimba for a long time under some of the wise men of the domestic game (Khadiri Ikhana and Okey Emordi). Even in the recent loss of Rivers Utd to the Moroccan side, he was excellent and only beaten by 2 deflected goals. His domestic career track is better than Ezenwa, and he was ahead of him in the U-20s. Why is he not invited.
Sunset might help out here as he has the 411 on the domestic league. Thomas has been drifted a bit over the last year as he followed Ikhana to Pillars and left after Ikhana resigned.

Put Uzoho, Ezenwa, Nwolokor and Thomas in camp and select the best 3.

For you Vince fans, let them add him as well. I'm sure the 4 keepers above will beat him hands down.
Truetalk, thanks a lot - my friend - for putting these Enyeama's fans or agents in their appropriate positions. Enyeama is retired, so we don't need him. We need to invite other keepers to slug it out (competition), pick the best three and go from there
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote: I rather have a goalkeeping issue than to have a cancer come into the team and use his arrogance to destroy every hard work we have done to build this team spirit.

Did you love the peacecorp team vs Argentina? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Abi na Pa Jeun Ko ko call us peace corps team sef?
Here comes our resident daft, airheaded 'football-know-nothing'.
You are only good for comic relief.
Gasheaded buffoon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Great Zee; easy my friend, take it easy!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

truetalk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:All things being equal, the three keepers would be (in no order): Ikeme, Uzoho, and Enyeama - representing the experienced, the present, and the future. I'd have few worries with any of those guys in goal. The problem we have is that one is clubless, one is very green, and the other is ill.

So we're having to consider back ups in Ezenwa and Akpeyi - one is a certified clown and the other is extremely jittery - you'll know which is which.
What about Nwolokor?

He has done more in Europe than Uzoho.

I have been advocating these 2 players for over a year, especially because of what I considered as the unreasonable invitation of Alampasu over young keepers who were actually developing in Europe..

If Nwolokor plays in the Champions league for Rijeka now, the NFF and all the fans start gushing all over him, yet as a 21 year old Nigerian, he has started for 2 seasons in Europe.
Happy to defer to your judgement as I haven't seen him play.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

truetalk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:I'd take a match rusty Ikeme over Ezenwa and Akpeyi.

Sorry, but facts.
But you were defending Akpeyi a few days ago.

Well I'll take a recovered Ikeme, Uzoho, Nwolokor and Thomas over Enyeama.

It is not up to either one of us though.

Let them go to camp and let the coaching crew decide based on what they see.

Y'all can say I'm hating on Vince but based on what the coaching crew are saying, I don't think he goes to Russia.

Just today they repeated the terms.

Find a club, publicly unretire, and state your willingness to come back to camp without making any demands or stating conditions.

All of that does not matter to me. My very informed opinion is that he is not one of the best 3 keepers available to Nigeria at this point.
:agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] My beef with Rohr over this goalkeeping matter is that he is doing everything within his power to make the situation worse

[2] Everyone knows that Akpeyi and Ezenwa are not up to the job and the emphasis is on finding someone better but alas, Rohr simply cannot let go of the two of them

[3] As fortune would have it, Francis Uzoho came through at Deportivo La Coruna and all Rohr had to do was capitalise on this

[4] Those of you who know how football works know that when a goalkeeper performs well at international level, it put pressure on his club. They then become hard-pressed to drop him

[5] Uzoho is fighting for the number one shirt at Deportivo La Coruna with Romanian international Costel Pantilimon

[6] Romania are well aware of this and started Pantilimon in both of their friendlies over the last week. He manned goal in yesterday's 3-0 loss to The Netherlands

[7] Pantilimon also manned goal for Romania when they beat Turkey on November 9. He came off in the 71st minute when the game was already secure with the coach trying out Florin Constantin of Steaua București, who was making his debut

[8] Those of you who have been following England must remember how the English footballing establishment pulled out all the stops to get Joe Hart a club when he was dropped by Manchester City. England kept playing him even when he was not featuring for his club

[9] Hart was sent on loan to Torino and is now on loan at West Ham. England have kept playing him all through in the hope that it will attract clubs

[10] Rohr cannot justify playing Ezenwa or Akpeyi ahead of Uzoho in the last two games. Just imagine if he had played in both matches and kept clean sheets, putting in wonderful performances. He would probably have made the number one shirt at Deportivo his own and that would have made him a sure bet for the Eagles after a great season
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

6 years later, Nigeria still has GK issues and has not found a reliable consistent number 1 GK.

WIth Uzoho suspended for the next game, Adeleye is the logical next cab on rank.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Another clean sheet when he let in 2 goals last week and has conceded 29 goals in 29 games? This is shameless.
wiseone wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:49 pm 6 years later, Nigeria still has GK issues and has not found a reliable consistent number 1 GK.

WIth Uzoho suspended for the next game, Adeleye is the logical next cab on rank.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Btw, I think Maduka Okoye is now 3rd choice at Watford. Daniel Bachman, Watford's first choice goalie missed today's game due to a red card suspension and another keeper started today ahead of Okoye.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

BTW, where is Enyeamagnet these days?
Is he still playing professionally?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Retired.
Kabalega wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:52 pm BTW, where is Enyeamagnet these days?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

wiseone wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:14 pm Retired.
Kabalega wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:52 pm BTW, where is Enyeamagnet these days?
Really? He should be recruited to train all these young pretenders.
That’s what the Cameroon, Egyptian and to some extent Ugandan goalies do.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

olu wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:57 pm Btw, I think Maduka Okoye is now 3rd choice at Watford. Daniel Bachman, Watford's first choice goalie missed today's game due to a red card suspension and another keeper started today ahead of Okoye.
Okoye was not even on the bench! He needs to leave Watford in the summer.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

According to owngoalnigeria.com, Sebastian Osigwe of Lugano is angling to replace Uzoho for the match against Sierra Leone in June.
I thought he was no longer interested in playing for the SE
I am happy
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:30 am According to owngoalnigeria.com, Sebastian Osigwe of Lugano is angling to replace Uzoho for the match against Sierra Leone in June.
I thought he was no longer interested in playing for the SE
This is part of our problem. Our team is constantly changing leaving no room for players to build chemistry. Uzoho gets suspended and we are scrambling to get new replacements. Shouldn’t his backups in the last 2 games slide up? I miss the days our gk setup was stable. It used to be Rufai(1), Alloy Agu (2) and Willy(3) or When we had Vincent (1), Egide (2) & some local gk as #3.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Osigwe is not a regular for his club team. He has started only 7 of his club’s 27 games this season.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Prince Adegoke is a GK who came through the Chelsea academy. He played on loan at Welling United (a club that plays 5 divisions below the Premier League). Chelsea just released him. I hope he can restart his career at another professional club.

https://soccernet.ng/2023/03/prince-ade ... r.html/amp
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

wiseone wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:10 pm
Really, is he not better of playing for XYZ in Canadian second division than at Enyimba, if he wants to improve his chances of featuring for Nigeria? LOL.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics