We cannot keep hyping players after a game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
We cannot keep hyping players after a game

Post by john12 »

We need to learn how to under hype players after any decent match. There should be consistent good performances by players before we deem them as the great one. Sometimes, our players perform great at one game then horrible at the next game. The hyping must be reduced. Consistency is key! Look at how balogun our best dm at wcq was reduced to nonsense
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: We cannot keep hyping players after a game

Post by Mr Shows »

john12 wrote:We need to learn how to under hype players after any decent match. There should be consistent good performances by players before we deem them as the great one. Sometimes, our players perform great at one game then horrible at the next game. The hyping must be reduced. Consistency is key! Look at how balogun our best dm at wcq was reduced to nonsense
Akpeyi has been consistently rubbish...
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

john12 wrote:We need to learn how to under hype players after any decent match. There should be consistent good performances by players before we deem them as the great one. Sometimes, our players perform great at one game then horrible at the next game. The hyping must be reduced. Consistency is key! Look at how balogun our best dm at wcq was reduced to nonsense
What about mascharano and otamendi that iwobi and kele reduced to junk players? You uninformed folks just type without using your brain, please try to make sense abeg. Balogun played his part and did extremely well. No footballer is above error
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Akpeyi has been rubish. I don’t think anyone doubts that. Balogun performance has been poor and this is is because his very uncomfortable with the ball, no pace etc. defenders get dribbled all the time
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

9jaMan wrote:
What about mascharano and otamendi that iwobi and kele reduced to junk players? You uninformed folks just type without using your brain, please try to make sense abeg. Balogun played his part and did extremely well. No footballer is above error
Stop hyping :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

john12,

Welcome to CE. Hyping after just a game is what you see here. Go back and look at hyping of Ezenwa after the first Cameroon game. So what is the verdict on him now? Fact is that having watched him over multiple games it is easier to see who he is. My advice? Ignore these one game hypes. We will find out more when they play multiple games.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:
john12,

Welcome to CE. Hyping after just a game is what you see here. Go back and look at hyping of Ezenwa after the first Cameroon game. So what is the verdict on him now? Fact is that having watched him over multiple games it is easier to see who he is. My advice? Ignore these one game hypes. We will find out more when they play multiple games.
Prof., we didn't hype Ezenwa o. We said he was better dan Akpeyi. Infact, I said that a cone was better dan Akpeyi.

We hype the guys who played well and we criticize the ones who don't.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
john12,

Prof., we didn't hype Ezenwa o. We said he was better dan Akpeyi. Infact, I said that a cone was better dan Akpeyi.

KPOM. It was all relative!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

metalalloy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
john12,

KPOM. It was all relative!
Kpom! Exactly. Relativity. It's like when Cellular shrined Ameobi ten times a day but Okocha never. It doesn't mean Ameobi is better than Okocha only that hyping is relative to those who need it.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

John12, you may be on to something here

Its one thing to commend a player, but its another to hype him today and dump him tomorrow,

I always look at players in the context of their contribution to the team on a consistent basis

By all indcations the second keeper did well but lets test him a few times to see his consistency

I think this behavior has a lot to do with why we have not had a player since Yekini with over 30 goals for the national team
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I agree, but we should also not overreact after one game if a player plays bad in one game. I remember CE asking for Iwobi to be dropped after the friendly performance in London.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

ohenhen1 wrote:

I agree, but we should also not overreact after one game if a player plays bad in one game. I remember CE asking for Iwobi to be dropped after the friendly performance in London.

You dey mind the mugu