Argentina 2 V 4 Nigeria FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina 2 V 4 Nigeria FT

Post by danfo driver »

John Ogu:
Everyone sacrificed for each other.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Argentina V Nigeria

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:So Ebuehi or Shehu ?
We are blessed.
Fact not feelings! :agree:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ohsee wrote:I believe! Up Eagus! Up Iheanacho! Up Iwobi! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Up Rohr!
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

waka-man wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Look at Uzoho's handling. God will punish all those questioning him as our number one. I cannot wait for this match to end. na 10 points every 10 minutes from now until the World Cup.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Abeg O!

But yes, he looks good. Not sure too many people disagreed about that though

Ayo sef

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ol' boy abeg forgive dem no go the route of 10 points every 10 minutes. I take God beg you, bros.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Did Uncle Sir V shake himself off the game thread?

Uncle Waffiman, go and tell him it's okay to come out that we won the game o.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Iwobi goals were typical Gunner goals. The boy has been well coached in the fundamentals of the great game. Na brain he just dey take play.
I was at the game Under 21 game, when Wenger overuled the crooked English youth Coaches by picking youth team. He put Iwobi as a striker and made him Captain. This eventually led to resignations on mass and those English lot still hold a grudge to this day.

It was one hell of a turn around. Under those Coaches, Iwobi became a fringe player with all the talk that he was not good enough despite Wenge continuing to invite him to train with the 1st team.

Then Wenger struck. He ordered Iwobi into the team initially in the wide left position. Wenger then replaced the player those horrible racist old school English coaches preferred to in the number 10 position.

I remember then, they were dark days for the boys of African parenthood who were not seen as being English by those who openly preferred certain types even if they were not as good. But Wenger personally took charge and enforced change.

I witnessed it all with rage. What got to me was how they all closed ranks from the Coaches to the regulars in the stands. Even the guys who had his blog on Arsenal youth agreed and did not change his position even when Iwobi made it to the 1st team. I lost respect for all of them, the bloggers, the whole lot of them.

Half way through the season, Wenger moved Alex to the striker position and he play there for the rest of that season and half of the next season. It was then Iwobi horned his skills in around goal. He added goals to his game and learnt to time and make the right runs. I saw it all happen.

BTW! The player they preferred over Iwobi now plays at Southend FC.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:Iwobi goals were typical Gunner goals. The boy has been well coached in the fundamentals of the great game. Na brain he just dey take play.
I was at the game Under 21 game, when Wenger overuled the crooked English youth Coaches by picking youth team. He put Iwobi as a striker and made him Captain. This eventually led to resignations on mass and those English lot still hold a grudge to this day.

It was one hell of a turn around. Under those Coaches, Iwobi became a fringe player with all the talk that he was not good enough despite Wenge continuing to invite him to train with the 1st team.

Then Wenger struck. He ordered Iwobi into the team initially in the wide left position. Wenger then replaced the player those horrible racist old school English coaches preferred to in the number 10 position.

I remember then, they were dark days for the boys of African parenthood who were not seen as being English by those who openly preferred certain types even if they were not as good. But Wenger personally took charge and enforced change.

I witnessed it all with rage. What got to me was how they all closed ranks from the Coaches to the regulars in the stands. Even the guys who had his blog on Arsenal youth agreed and did not change his position even when Iwobi made it to the 1st team. I lost respect for all of them, the bloggers, the whole lot of them.

Half way through the season, Wenger moved Alex to the striker position and he play there for the rest of that season and half of the next season. It was then Iwobi horned his skills in around goal. He added goals to his game and learnt to time and make the right runs. I saw it all happen.

Yet media mugus and their slaves claim the Prof is clueless.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Waffiman wrote:

His strength on the ball was somn to behold as well. Didn't know he had this kind of work rate. I don't watch Arsenal games so I don't know how much his game has evolved.

To see us change personnel upfront and our ability to interchange seamlessly was a beaut.

Excellent display by Alex. Hope he keeps improving and evolving.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

His strength on the ball was somn to behold as well. Didn't know he had this kind of work rate. I don't watch Arsenal games so I don't know how much his game has evolved.

To see us change personnel upfront and our ability to interchange seamlessly was a beaut.

Alex had a very good game offensively, but noticed he always drifted to the middle of the park exposing the LB (Aina). Argies did not have as much luck on the right side as Nacho helped out. This is something we should work on. I know it's only a friendly, BUT I am allowing myself to dream that we could go deep into this WC. We are witnessing the genesis of a solid 23-man roster filled with so much option come June of next year. And competition is going to be fierce to make this squad.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

What has amazed many is how big and strong he has become. When you have his other abilities, adding size and power now makes you a potential top to world class player.

As a kid, Alex was known for his dribbles that embarrassed all who fell as victims. But he was lucky to have the father and Uncle he has, then the right club Coaches at the right times in his career. But credit must go to Wenger who saw what most did not see. He called him the most intelligent youth player then, and gradually moved him into different positions in the team at key times to improve his game. I have seen Wenger do this with many players.

However, unlike, many other players (e.g. Jay Thomas) Alex never argued, just got on with it and worked on what he needed to. Alex's football is all in his brain, he also has that Papillo and Uncle 1st touch. The 1st touch that is 2 or 3 moves ahead of the opponent. Just asked Mascherano, no one has ever done what Alex did to him. Many like the player will not forget that in a hurry.

Alex is also a very serious boy with the right attitude to go with his obvious talent. Henry talks of how he is never late and always the first in for training, but I saw Mummy and Daddy put this discipline by setting the example when he was at the Academy. I know cos there were a few Nigerians in that Academy and my close friend had his boy in there too, we all became friends. He was always the first in for training.

My one hope though is my other favourite, Chuba. I know there are quarrels and talk of his attitude, but he is also a very serious boy, who deserves a break. He has the talent, maybe in frustration, he may have upset one or two. I know Wenger still thinks there is a chance for him. I hope he will be humble and ready to grab his chance.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

okuns wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Alex had a very good game offensively, but noticed he always drifted to the middle of the park exposing the LB (Aina). Argies did not have as much luck on the right side as Nacho helped out. This is something we should work on. I know it's only a friendly, BUT I am allowing myself to dream that we could go deep into this WC. We are witnessing the genesis of a solid 23-man roster filled with so much option come June of next year. And competition is going to be fierce to make this squad.

I think you are interpreting the game based on a 433. Don’t forget we played 352, with Iwobi as one of the 2. Thus, his job was actually to retreat to the center during the defensive phase of the team. It is the LCm (Ogu) who is required to assist and cover up for the Left back. If you notice, in the second half, after we had settled into the formation more, Ogu began to help Idowu.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:Did Uncle Sir V shake himself off the game thread?

Uncle Waffiman, go and tell him it's okay to come out that we won the game o.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He called me but in a hurry to leave the house and return on time for the next round of games, I forgot my phone. I went to get me a fine bottle of something to celebrate what was a truly wonderful night for our football. Today, we played a game that gave us so much pluses and positives. It was so good, even the mistakes in the 1st half turned out to be pluses, instead of negatives.

If we go on to do better than we have ever done in the WC, I will remember today. It was truly stunning.
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

danfo driver wrote:
okuns wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I think you are interpreting the game based on a 433. Don’t forget we played 352, with Iwobi as one of the 2. Thus, his job was actually to retreat to the center during the defensive phase of the team. It is the LCm (Ogu) who is required to assist and cover up for the Left back. If you notice, in the second half, after we had settled into the formation more, Ogu began to help Idowu.
Okay, that explains the acres of space in front of Idowu in the first half. I was wondering why Alex was always late to provide support. I thought we played 5-3-2 since I often saw a line of 5 defenders with 2 DMs (Ogu and Ndidi) and AM (Mikel). And Nacho and Iwobi protecting the FBs when we don't have the ball.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

greg wrote:
okidoki wrote:It's curious to note that, no one has mentioned, we were back to a back 4 after a while.
And I must say we looked more comfortable with a flat back 4
We never played a back 4 at any time today. It was always 3 CBs plus 2 wing backs
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

okuns wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
okuns wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Okay, that explains the acres of space in front of Idowu in the first half. I was wondering why Alex was always late to provide support. I thought we played 5-3-2 since I often saw a line of 5 defenders with 2 DMs (Ogu and Ndidi) and AM (Mikel). And Nacho and Iwobi protecting the FBs when we don't have the ball.
Okuns,

In the non possession phase, that's what a back 3 looks like. The wingbacks fall back and give you a back 5. It's almost a misnomer to say a formation is 3/5/2 or 3/4/3 or whatever because there are usually multiple formations employed in the course of the game especially with this system.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
greg wrote:
okidoki wrote:It's curious to note that, no one has mentioned, we were back to a back 4 after a while.
We never played a back 4 at any time today. It was always 3 CBs plus 2 wing backs
Yep. I thought we tweaked it a bit 2nd half. It became more of a 3-4-3 as opposed to 3-5-2. Mikel as deep lying play maker was imperious.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Waffiman wrote:

The boy Iwobi is quality all around and I’m glad that we got him before the England NT got their greasy hands on him.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

okuns wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
okuns wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

The acres of space in the first half was caused by poor positioning of both wing backs who failed to step up wider as pseudo wide defensive midfielders. Contrast to the positioning of Idowu and Ebuehi in the second half. With better positioning of the wing backs, the midfielders were better able to cover the central areas.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

platinum wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:So Ebuehi or Shehu ?

That is a million dollar question. Ebuehi played excellently but let's not forget Shehu was arguably MoM in the last two games.

RB is locked down. Now for the left side. I think Uwa will go to Russia, the odd man out might be Aina.
Huh??? If Aina is not on the plane to Russia, I will start a one-man riot! Echejile has been a long gracious servant but Aina and Idowu are currently miles ahead of him. They deserve the spots based on talent/form
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

green4life wrote:
greg wrote:
Yep, I messed up. Was working and watching Kodi. Thought Balogun was replaced by an outfield player. Good game.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Uzoho, uses both feet, drop kicks with the left and goal kicks with the right...interesting
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Didn't watch the game. My lesson from Spurs and Pochettino. Leave Rohr to select the players who he feels can execute his game plan. Yesterday he deliberately selected certain players to give them a chance.

TL:DR - Leave Rohr to pick his squad.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

green4life wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

The boy Iwobi is quality all around and I’m glad that we got him before the England NT got their greasy hands on him.
I agree. I dey pity certain bobos...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8