Nobody talked about our jersey

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Nobody talked about our jersey

Post by Tobi17 »

I think it was very good on the boys! I definitely will rock that jersey! loved the trim,fit and color design especially the long sleeved ones,anyway idea where I can buy it online?
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Nobody talked about our jersey

Post by Robbynice »

Ofcourse our jersey looks good. It was guys just looking for something to complain about that was complaining about the jerseys in the first place. I love the jersey and can't wait to get mine
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Most jerseys will look great if the team is winning.
Go SE!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

One of the best jerseys imho. I will be buying this one for sure unlike the Adidas which I thought where ok. I like this 2 tone jersey well.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

joao wrote:Most jerseys will look great if the team is winning.
Go SE!!!
:thumb:

Tell it! :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EagleEye
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleEye »

Too dark could be better with more white design on it. Whoever approves this does not have taste. What is the process of Jersey/kit design approval at NFF/NIKE?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Say it loud and clear ...rubbish! The design looks good, but they got the color combination wrong..a little bit of white where they had the black stripes would have lightened up the mood. It looks good for casual wear, so it would probably be a fans delight.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Robbynice wrote:Ofcourse our jersey looks good. It was guys just looking for something to complain about that was complaining about the jerseys in the first place. I love the jersey and can't wait to get mine
Robby,

That you love the jersey does not mean everyone shares the same opinion. I don't and seeing it in the game made no difference, TBH. It is just an unremarkable jersey. I wish it was a jersey that was unique. One that specifically conjures NIGERIA.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

una dey talk too much but no one get the s---- to post the pics of the jersey you're all discussing. :roll:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

We need white trimmings. From pictures from the drone above, you struggle to pick out our players from the green grass. Study the 3rd goal, you can barely make out our scorer, Bryan Idowu, in the drone view. Too dark in my view.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:
Robbynice wrote:Ofcourse our jersey looks good. It was guys just looking for something to complain about that was complaining about the jerseys in the first place. I love the jersey and can't wait to get mine
Robby,

That you love the jersey does not mean everyone shares the same opinion. I don't and seeing it in the game made no difference, TBH. It is just an unremarkable jersey. I wish it was a jersey that was unique. One that specifically conjures NIGERIA.
Share the same sentiment, its a drab shirt with no thought or uniqueness to it, never understand why there can't be other colors used besides green.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

When people take of uniqueness to the jerseys it makes me wonder exactly what they are looking for...I mean I understand the argument of the color but which one be uniqueness again. The only thing I would suggest is that we mix it up a little by wearing that Jersey on black shorts with white numbering on the shorts...Omo mehn...Anyways me I love the jerseys.

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Robbynice wrote:When people take of uniqueness to the jerseys it makes me wonder exactly what they are looking for...I mean I understand the argument of the color but which one be uniqueness again. The only thing I would suggest is that we mix it up a little by wearing that Jersey on black shorts with white numbering on the shorts...Omo mehn...Anyways me I love the jerseys.
Na the same standard design they give for a bunch of NT's ours is just in green, so its not unique in the design. When you see what Puma was doing for Ghana and Cameroun even when they were wearing pinafore jersey, or lion clawing through the heart of the jersey, we may not think its for us but it was still a unique design just for Cameroon that made them stand out, not just take their standard jersey design and dye it green. I can still rock the jersey, no doubt, would just prefer something more unique that could potentially include things such as other colors (not just shades of green), our coat of arms, a soaring eagle, wings etc...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I like the jersey. Yes, it can be better but I lean towards more traditional look with minimal changes which is why a solid green with no white (except for the numbers) works well for me.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:
Robby,

Uncle II,

That you don't find the jersey remarkable does not mean everyone shares the same opinion. I find it fantastically remarkable and can't wait to get the long sleeve one. To me it's the best Nigerian jersey yet. I am even thinking of going to Uncle cellulite's shop in Aba market to get the preorder edition
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE New Kit

Post by deanotito »

Robbynice wrote:
deanotito wrote:It looks pretty much like the kit worn at the last WC
No it doesn't. It looks better. Haba bros, fear God now. Could Nike have done better yes but it is not bad
I didn't say it was bad...just that it looks like the last WC one.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Goldleaf wrote:We need white trimmings. From pictures from the drone above, you struggle to pick out our players from the green grass. Study the 3rd goal, you can barely make out our scorer, Bryan Idowu, in the drone view. Too dark in my view.
That gives of stealth no? A perfect camouflage. No wonder the Argentines struggled to pick up our forwards.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Wey di white one? I hope that looks better.

To be honest, only Adidas comes up with imaginative jersey designs that blow your head away. All the others like Nike, Puma, Umbro, Hummel, etc are yet to impress me.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I want to see the away kit.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Eaglezbeak wrote:I want to see the away kit.
Thanks. That would be the decider.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I really liked it.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Honestly this our jersey sweet mehn. I can't wait to get the long sleeve one...

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The new jersey was pretty cool for me
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16