Why Is A Particular Forumer Allowed To Pollute The Pages...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: Why Is A Particular Forumer Allowed To Pollute The Pages

Post by waka-man »

chief nfachairman wrote:IMHO,
I believe we should have gotten used to AyoAkinfe after 16-18years of doing the same thing. Accept it, its him, he brings his own flavour to the forum. People throw jabs at him all the time and he still powers on.

Truth be told, he brings life to this forum, walahi. Before his return, 1 topic would linger for weeks on the top 3 positions with only 1 page of comments. Look at all Ayo's post, atleast 2 pages full of comments, even though half are full of jabs on him, its entertaining. Na activity. And the same people that have jabbed him have been jabbing him for 17yrs. Kai. Una no dey tire??

Now you have created another interesting thread on him and its gotten to the 2nd page.

Ayoakinfe, please copyright your 10 pointer, brand your sometimes outlandishness (nearly all the time though), keep pushing your agency business here (if you've ever done that), keep entertaining us and get us thinking and researching. ITS ALL LOVE FOR SE and NAIJA!!!
As one of Ayo’s main detractors, let me just KPOM this post.

I love th guy. Yeah, he posts crap and his logic is wack, but he’s a passionate guy. And while I don’t want to tell tales, over the years when he’s had to pm me, I’ve found a true gentleman.

I’m still gonna yab tho; I be Naija man :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:My bro Cell, you are the liar here and you know it! You are trying to cover up the shenanigans that was the selection for WC 2014 by your man. You talk of other coaches bringing in 2-3 changes, yet your man brought in 9 players from nowhere into the WC squad and these players were not better than those they replaced. Examples are IK Uche> Uchebo, Joel Obi> Reuben, Obasi > Nwofor, Ideye > Ameobi etc. The fact that the Nigerian environment is difficult for locals does not justify fraud in team selection. IN 2014, the likes of Joel Obi, Obasi, IK Uche, Nsofor, Ideye, Aluko etc were playing at a high level yet were not considered and inferior players taken to the WC. Where are the likes of Reuben, Ejike, Nwofor, Agbim, Odunlami, Uchebo, Ameobi etc today. The WC is supposed to be a stepping stone to bigger things on the club level but in their case it is the reverse.

[1] I have ignored your bile just to keep the peace on the forum but I think you have gone too far with your allegations against the late Stephen Keshi. You are soiling the name of a man who is not here to defend himself and I find that totally unacceptable and despicable, so have decided to respond. In our African culture, it is extremely rude to speak evil of the dead

[2] Keshi picked the 2014 squad after the games against Italy and Scotland in London. I went to both matches and attended his press conferences afterwards. It was easy to see how he came about his final 23

[3] If you were a decent human being, you would just Google Keshi's comments about his selection and read about the justification he gave. I am not aware of anybody questioning the validity of the final 23 at the time

[4] Now let me address some issues. Shola Ameobi was our best player in that Italy game. He thoroughly deserved to go to the World Cup. Ameobi was the second choice targetman behind Emenike. Please name one Nigeria who could have performed better in that role. Of the 180m of us, Emenike and Ameobi were the best two targetmen we had in 2014. That is a fact!

[5] I remember Keshi saying that Ike Uche was dropped because he was yet to psycologically recover from his injury. Keshi said Ike Uche was shying out of challenges afraid that his injury might recur. I am a big fan of Ike Uche aka Gari Master and was sad to see him miss out but I fully accept the argument that if a player is not yet fully recovered from injury, it is unwise to take him to the World Cup

[6] His brother Kalu Uche was way past his best by 2014, so please stop mentioning him here. Kalu was one of our star players in 2010 but four years on, he was past it

[7] Uchebo also played brilliantly against Scotland, scoring a scorcher from 40 yards. His running with the ball left all of us in awe at Fulham that night. It is very callous of you to suggest that such a bright spark was picked because of corruption. Very bad taste indeed

[8] Another player whose dropping broke my heart was Joel Obi. I really love that guy and remember discussing him with Ade Akinbiyi and Seyi Olofinjana after the match. We were very impressed with his touch, passing and vision. However, Keshi made it clear that Joel had just come back from injury, was not match fit and even had to be taken off in one of the friendlies after getting another knock. As sad as I was about it, I understood the thinking because in 1998, we took the injured Kanu and Amokachi to the World Cup and they were unable to play. Not only did this facilitate our elimination but it also deprived us from looking at other players

[9] Now, we can go on and on about the final list and I am sure that it would be impossible for two people to fully agree on the best squad, so there is no point taking every player one by one. However, the fact remains that the selection was transparent and Keshi made the decisions he did at the time based on the realities he faced. Just because you disagree with some of his choices does not give you the right to allege that corruption was behind his decisions

[10] Lastly, can I point out that I find your arrogance on this matter totally unacceptable. You have arrogated a monopoly of wisdom to yourself on who the best 23 Nigerian players are. Nigeria is a country of 180 coaches, so we all have to argue our cases passionately. Everyone has the right to produce their list but what no one has the right to do is claim that the list produced by other fans is as a result of some hidden agenda. I think you owe this forum an apology for your foul language, libelous insinuations and disrespect to Keshi. Football is a very passionate sport and genuine fans know that there will always be people with strong opposing views.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dammy wrote:My bro Cell, you are the liar here and you know it! You are trying to cover up the shenanigans that was the selection for WC 2014 by your man. You talk of other coaches bringing in 2-3 changes, yet your man brought in 9 players from nowhere into the WC squad and these players were not better than those they replaced. Examples are IK Uche> Uchebo, Joel Obi> Reuben, Obasi > Nwofor, Ideye > Ameobi etc. The fact that the Nigerian environment is difficult for locals does not justify fraud in team selection. IN 2014, the likes of Joel Obi, Obasi, IK Uche, Nsofor, Ideye, Aluko etc were playing at a high level yet were not considered and inferior players taken to the WC. Where are the likes of Reuben, Ejike, Nwofor, Agbim, Odunlami, Uchebo, Ameobi etc today. The WC is supposed to be a stepping stone to bigger things on the club level but in their case it is the reverse.

[1] I have ignored your bile just to keep the peace on the forum but I think you have gone too far with your allegations against the late Stephen Keshi. You are soiling the name of a man who is not here to defend himself and I find that totally unacceptable and despicable, so have decided to respond. In our African culture, it is extremely rude to speak evil of the dead

[2] Keshi picked the 2014 squad after the games against Italy and Scotland in London. I went to both matches and attended his press conferences afterwards. It was easy to see how he came about his final 23

[3] If you were a decent human being, you would just Google Keshi's comments about his selection and read about the justification he gave. I am not aware of anybody questioning the validity of the final 23 at the time

[4] Now let me address some issues. Shola Ameobi was our best player in that Italy game. He thoroughly deserved to go to the World Cup. Ameobi was the second choice targetman behind Emenike. Please name one Nigeria who could have performed better in that role. Of the 180m of us, Emenike and Ameobi were the best two targetmen we had in 2014. That is a fact!

[5] I remember Keshi saying that Ike Uche was dropped because he was yet to psycologically recover from his injury. Keshi said Ike Uche was shying out of challenges afraid that his injury might recur. I am a big fan of Ike Uche aka Gari Master and was sad to see him miss out but I fully accept the argument that if a player is not yet fully recovered from injury, it is unwise to take him to the World Cup

[6] His brother Kalu Uche was way past his best by 2014, so please stop mentioning him here. Kalu was one of our star players in 2010 but four years on, he was past it

[7] Uchebo also played brilliantly against Scotland, scoring a scorcher from 40 yards. His running with the ball left all of us in awe at Fulham that night. It is very callous of you to suggest that such a bright spark was picked because of corruption. Very bad taste indeed

[8] Another player whose dropping broke my heart was Joel Obi. I really love that guy and remember discussing him with Ade Akinbiyi and Seyi Olofinjana after the match. We were very impressed with his touch, passing and vision. However, Keshi made it clear that Joel had just come back from injury, was not match fit and even had to be taken off in one of the friendlies after getting another knock. As sad as I was about it, I understood the thinking because in 1998, we took the injured Kanu and Amokachi to the World Cup and they were unable to play. Not only did this facilitate our elimination but it also deprived us from looking at other players

[9] Now, we can go on and on about the final list and I am sure that it would be impossible for two people to fully agree on the best squad, so there is no point taking every player one by one. However, the fact remains that the selection was transparent and Keshi made the decisions he did at the time based on the realities he faced. Just because you disagree with some of his choices does not give you the right to allege that corruption was behind his decisions

[10] Lastly, can I point out that I find your arrogance on this matter totally unacceptable. You have arrogated a monopoly of wisdom to yourself on who the best 23 Nigerian players are. Nigeria is a country of 180 coaches, so we all have to argue our cases passionately. Everyone has the right to produce their list but what no one has the right to do is claim that the list produced by other fans is as a result of some hidden agenda. I think you owe this forum an apology for your foul language, libelous insinuations and disrespect to Keshi. Football is a very passionate sport and genuine fans know that there will always be people with strong opposing views.
Abeg STFU, you are just on this forum for your 10 pointer comic relief :taunt: . People no longer talk about Abacha because he is dead? Your logic is always warped and you have an agenda on this forum. I stand by everything I have posted and the 2014 WC selection was the most corrupt in the history of Nigerian football. Unfortunately, this forum is open to all sorts because if football knowledge was a prerequisite to commenting on this forum, you definitely will not pass the test. Just like you don't watch matches you comment on, it is obvious you don't read before commenting. If you are sure your name is really Ayo Akinfe, show me where I mentioned Kalu Uche in my comments.. I am sure there are other CEs that watched the friendly against Scotland but I definitely did not see Uchebo score a 40 yard scorcher. This is another of the many lies you tell on CE! One the basis of ONE FRIENDLY MATCH, Uchebo and Ameobi make it to the WC, please tell me how they lit up the WC and the reason why Keshi never called them up again for the SE?
I am happy
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I believe we should have gotten used to AyoAkinfe after 16-18years of doing the same thing. Accept it, its him, he brings his own flavour to the forum. People throw jabs at him all the time and he still powers on.

Truth be told, he brings life to this forum, walahi. Before his return, 1 topic would linger for weeks on the top 3 positions with only 1 page of comments. Look at all Ayo's post, atleast 2 pages full of comments, even though half are full of jabs on him, its entertaining. Na activity. And the same people that have jabbed him have been jabbing him for 17yrs. Kai. Una no dey tire??

Now you have created another interesting thread on him and its gotten to the 2nd page.

Ayoakinfe, please copyright your 10 pointer, brand your sometimes outlandishness (nearly all the time though), keep pushing your agency business here (if you've ever done that), keep entertaining us and get us thinking and researching. ITS ALL LOVE FOR SE and NAIJA!!!
:D :D :agree: :agree:

The bobo managed to drag me out of the Beer Parlour aka Rant and Rave.

Ayo is earning his keep as our Chief Contributing Editor... we might have to double his salary... :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Abeg STFU, you are just on this forum for your 10 pointer comic relief :taunt: . People no longer talk about Abacha because he is dead? Your logic is always warped and you have an agenda on this forum. I stand by everything I have posted and the 2014 WC selection was the most corrupt in the history of Nigerian football. Unfortunately, this forum is open to all sorts because if football knowledge was a prerequisite to commenting on this forum, you definitely will not pass the test. Just like you don't watch matches you comment on, it is obvious you don't read before commenting. If you are sure your name is really Ayo Akinfe, show me where I mentioned Kalu Uche in my comments.. I am sure there are other CEs that watched the friendly against Scotland but I definitely did not see Uchebo score a 40 yard scorcher. This is another of the many lies you tell on CE! One the basis of ONE FRIENDLY MATCH, Uchebo and Ameobi make it to the WC, please tell me how they lit up the WC and the reason why Keshi never called them up again for the SE?
Senior Uncle Dammy, it is not always corruption that influences selection. I think that is point Ayo was trying to make.

Again, I have not seen one single Naijarian WC team that has not had allegations of corruption. I bet you some disgruntled people will come and claim to you that the reason so-so and so no make am is because they refused to drop money or dia money no complete.

BTW, I laugh when pipul tok say Sola Ameobi drop money... he was the type of player Keshi liked. Keshi also liked Dike... but injury no let am take am. Coaches have some weird fancies... it does not make them corrupt.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Here is some free education for this ignoramus:

Who scored our first goal?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cellular wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Senior Uncle Dammy, it is not always corruption that influences selection. I think that is point Ayo was trying to make.

Again, I have not seen one single Naijarian WC team that has not had allegations of corruption. I bet you some disgruntled people will come and claim to you that the reason so-so and so no make am is because they refused to drop money or dia money no complete.

BTW, I laugh when pipul tok say Sola Ameobi drop money... he was the type of player Keshi liked. Keshi also liked Dike... but injury no let am take am. Coaches have some weird fancies... it does not make them corrupt.
1994 - Ugbade, Semitoje, Odegbami, Ekpo, Bababgida, West
1998 - Akpoborire, Ammunike, Siasia
2002 - Oruma Finidi, Oliseh, Okpara, Egbo, Akanji

Was it corruption that led to the dropping of all these players too? When they were not taken to the World Cup. The debate was fierce on this forum and within Nigerian football circles.

I do not think we should let Dammy get away with making such irresponsible allegations. There has to be a way of sanctioning such behaviour.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: 1994 - Ugbade, Semitoje, Odegbami, Ekpo, Bababgida, West

Was it corruption that led to the dropping of all these players too? When they were not taken to the World Cup. The debate was fierce on this forum and within Nigerian football circles.

I do not think we should let Dammy get away with making such irresponsible allegations. There has to be a way of sanctioning such behaviour.
The points and counterpoints are the best way to address such statements. No need to sanction anyone.
I am in no position to swear I know for sure that nothing went down... but I can see plausible explanations why some decisions were taken.
Rohr will face the same pressures...
Some lies will be told about players to advance other players...
He has to on his own, "Trust but Verify"!

Tough position to be in.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

pajimoh wrote:
anointed wrote:I don't think it's that bad. You just realize that Ayo doesn't think like the regular Joe the plumber. For him, there's no box so it's not even that he thinks outside the box.

There are other people that promote players for whatever reason because we are in the season. If you are like me see him as comic relief and then live and live.

Anointed, your post is an insult to "regular Joe's" :tic: Not only does Ayo think inside the box, he actually thinks inside the box that is inside another box. :twisted: How else do you account for someone who can't think beyond "10 point" thread for the past decade or more?

How can someone who think outside the box be 12 years behind fact and arguing blindly with himself? The Ozaze midfielder/striker thread is a testament to his flip flopping opinion that seems to change like the British weather.

How can someone who is so often wrong and accuseseveryone who doesn't share his flawed reasoning as dishonest?

Ayo is a unique pain the rear but he's our own pain in the rear. If shooting was legal Ayo would have been a trophy on my wall, gut and all. But alas.......
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Wicked, wicked man. pajimoh, you betta pray that God can forgive this kind of wickedness. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
joao wrote:Freedom of expression trumps feelings. Ignore the rants, but don't sensor it.
Are you really a Nigerian? :winking:
Mr Rawlings, Mr. Rawlings, one question.

how does it feel to no longer be the 'most annoying' forumer???
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Joe is smokin' :lol: :lol:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

waka-man wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:Abeg make una leave my Ayo alone.... I have missed those 10 pointers ojare!
I have always enjoyed my debates with Ayo. Long may it continue. Na my brother too.
Waffi, abeg, which of the 15 or so threads Ayo started in the last few days contains an intelligent argument that you’re enjoying participating in? No vex...
Chai! Una go kill me for here o!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Cellular wrote:

Ayo is earning his keep as our Chief Contributing Editor... we might have to double his salary... :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

Me sef, make i come join una for that beer parlour sef
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

1994 - Ugbade, Semitoje, Odegbami, Ekpo, Bababgida, West

You are the irresponsible person on this forum with your multiple threads. The title of this thread refers to you as a polluter, which is what you are!
You are not as smart as you think you are. You think by posting players who were dropped from previous WC squads you can change the goalposts. Why don't you post the full squads and see whether the players that were picked ahead of them were better. The only exception is 2002 where a political decision was taken to drop some players and I remember how you enthusiastically supported that decision because of a handshake with coach Onigbinde! It just shows how cheap you are. The issue is the WC2014 and players that had no business in the team that Keshi included i.e. Ejike, Nwofor, Uchebo, Azeez, Salami, Ameobi, Reuben, and Agbim. We can excuse 1 or 2 players making the squad without merit but 8! If you have a conscience, you will know that what Keshi did in 2014 was wrong. These players as I have pointed out, but it seems to fly over your head as usual did not have a stellar seson with their clubs neither participated in the WCQs. At least 5 of them were released by their clubs at the end of the 2013/14 season. The effect of taking these players to the WC was obvious to everyone except myopic people with agendas like yourself. The gane against France where we collapsed with the introduction of Reuben is the prime example. Before the 2014 WC, these players had done nothing significant with their careers and since then they have disappeared into oblivion. That should give you a clue as to how they made the WC squad. Thank God for Rohr that has made the team more competitive because of his transparency.
I am happy
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

waka-man wrote:

As one of Ayo’s main detractors, let me just KPOM this post.

I love th guy. Yeah, he posts crap and his logic is wack, but he’s a passionate guy. And while I don’t want to tell tales, over the years when he’s had to pm me, I’ve found a true gentleman.

I’m still gonna yab tho; I be Naija man :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
He is indeed a true gentleman.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Cellular wrote:

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

Me sef, make i come join una for that beer parlour sef
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ohsee wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
joao wrote:Freedom of expression trumps feelings. Ignore the rants, but don't sensor it.
Are you really a Nigerian? :winking:
Mr Rawlings, Mr. Rawlings, one question.

how does it feel to no longer be the 'most annoying' forumer???
Joe is smokin' :lol: :lol: