Alternative to balogun, ekong poor ball skills

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Alternative to balogun, ekong poor ball skills

Post by john12 »

It’s obvious that our 2 best defenders are very uncomfortable with the ball. Whenever they get the ball it’s always panick mode for me because they seem to lose it. Now, these 2 guys rightfully deserves that cb position based on their wcq performances. However, it’s probably late to teach them ball handling skills. Therefore, we should find an alternative. Last night I was impressed with Mascherano in the first half. Masherano is also a player not very comfortable with the ball. Therefore, he always releases the ball upon getting it through “long passes” I hope balogun and ekong should be thought the same. They should learn how to play long passes when they get the ball hoping that a pacy striker would get to it. What do y’all think?
Last edited by john12 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Alternative to balogun, ekong poor ball skills

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

:roll: :roll: :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

john12 wrote:It’s obvious that our 2 best defenders are very uncomfortable with the ball. Whenever they get the ball it’s always panick mode for me because they seem to lose it. Now, these 2 guys rightfully deserves that cab position based on their wcq performances. However, it’s probably late to teach them ball handling skills. Therefore, we should find an alternative. Last night I was impressed with Mascherano in the first half. Masherano is also a player not very comfortable with the ball. Therefore, he always releases the ball upon getting it through “long passes” I hope balogun and ekong should be thought the same. They should learn how to play long passes when they get the ball hoping that a pacy striker would get to it. Why do y’all think?
What are you on about?
Have you seen Barca play? Do you know that Mascerano is a MF converted into a defender?

Anyway, defenders release the ball quickly to initiate quick attacks.
With the firepower Argentina has upfront, it is imperative that defenders take advantage by releasing that ball quickly.

BTW, Balogun is more comfortable on the ball than you think. Did you see him bomb forward with the ball when the had no one to pass it to?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Mascherano plays for Barcelona but he is not very comfortable with the ball. Yes, defenders release the ball quickly. However, when our center back releases the ball they seem to play it to he opponents asap. They don’t even seem comfortable enough to pass the ball around themselves
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Too many goats on this forum. ..this op is a perfect example
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

It's season for every fan and internet coach to bring fort ideas on player alignments.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

joao wrote:It's season for every fan and internet coach to bring fort ideas on player alignments.
Say it again :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

I think the Central Defense is pretty much sorted with Ekong, Balogun, Awaziem and Omeruo, unless something drastic happens.

Awaziem might be the best of the lot (I had said this even after the South African game), and it was interesting to see Rohr play a back 3 and 2 wing backs against Argentina. Apart from trying out a new formation, it might be a way to get some of our better players on the field at the same time.

You do have some valid points, but the use of the word 'alternatives' will bring the wrong reaction. I don't think we are looking for alternatives at this point (unless undeniable superior quality manifests, which is unlikely). Ekong has improved over the last year, but his passing out of the back remains poor. Even early in the game vs Argentina, he passed straight to an opponent. I am good with him just hoofing or heading the ball back to sender though. One such play led to Mikel's assist to Ighalo vs Cameroon.

Balogun like Ezenwa might be suffering from lack of regular competitive action (injury induced or not), and as anyone who has ever player sports will attest, even when you are physically fit, your timing/form can only be back to normal after some regular playing time. I'd rather he hoofs the ball from the back than bring it up to the middle of the park, and gives a bad pass that instantly puts us under pressure. This happened against Argentina.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

john12 wrote:It’s obvious that our 2 best defenders are very uncomfortable with the ball. Whenever they get the ball it’s always panick mode for me because they seem to lose it. Now, these 2 guys rightfully deserves that cb position based on their wcq performances. However, it’s probably late to teach them ball handling skills. Therefore, we should find an alternative. Last night I was impressed with Mascherano in the first half. Masherano is also a player not very comfortable with the ball. Therefore, he always releases the ball upon getting it through “long passes” I hope balogun and ekong should be thought the same. They should learn how to play long passes when they get the ball hoping that a pacy striker would get to it. What do y’all think?
Dude, i know everyone is entitled to his opinion, but sometimes it better to just S the F up.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Everybody is an internet coach nowadays. Here's an idea: when you fine alternatives forward them to Rohr, I'm sure he'll be eternally grateful.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

1naija wrote:
john12 wrote:It’s obvious that our 2 best defenders are very uncomfortable with the ball. Whenever they get the ball it’s always panick mode for me because they seem to lose it. Now, these 2 guys rightfully deserves that cb position based on their wcq performances. However, it’s probably late to teach them ball handling skills. Therefore, we should find an alternative. Last night I was impressed with Mascherano in the first half. Masherano is also a player not very comfortable with the ball. Therefore, he always releases the ball upon getting it through “long passes” I hope balogun and ekong should be thought the same. They should learn how to play long passes when they get the ball hoping that a pacy striker would get to it. What do y’all think?
Dude, i know everyone is entitled to his opinion, but sometimes it better to just S the F up.
Well said fellow Imolite, it is better for some people to keep quite look like fools than open their mouth and prove they are really fools .
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I think the word alternative scared people off. I’m not saying they should be dropped I’m only asking how we can fix their ball skills