I don't agree with Rohr but believe this is his 23 right now

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: I don't agree with Rohr but believe this is his 23 right

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enyeama, Ezenwa, Uzoho, Aina, Shehu, Ekong, Balogun, Awaziem, Omeruo, Idowu, Mikel, Etebo, Onazi, Ndidi, Nwakili C, Ogu, Ighalo, V Moses, Iwobi, Iheanacho, Onyekuru, S Moses, Osimhen
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

The YeyeMan wrote:
osita wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
osita wrote:Ogu currently has too many fans in Nigeria now.
I'm not sure about that. He seems like a very cool guy though.

Do you watch Nigeria sports tv or go on Twitter?

Mikel collected yellow card against Zambia and was dispossessed immediately he came in. And twitter exploded , querying the coach and why he did not bring in Ogu.

Ogu may not be too popular, but Mikel agu is least popular than Ogu.
Twitter is worse than CE. The consensus is Mikel Agu played well after a rocky start vs Zambia.
Consensus where? In CE? Did you watch the match against Zambia? The match against Algeria Ogu played much better than mikel agu because I watched the match. Ogu is very technical and smart , and he will be more effective to us than agu in terms of scoring from midfield as he has that ability than any other midfielder we currently have now.
Last edited by osita on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
osita wrote:
Robbynice wrote:I don't know why but I believe Ahmed Musa will make the cut.
And he left iwobi as a midfielder, iwobi is not a midfielder in SE for now.

Do we have any other creative midfielders you would suggest?
He is playing well out wide. You can be creative playing out wide.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
osita wrote:

Exactly, he must not be creative from midfield rather from the wing.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
osita wrote:

You miss my point. Who are the creative players you would bring in? Personally, I would start Kelechi Nwakali as my playmaker but hey, I am not the coach. Most of the youngsters Gareth Southgate is playing are not any more experienced than Nwakali and like him only play bit-part roles for their clubs.

In my book, Nwakali would be my playmaker in front of Mikel and Ndidi. As Rohr is unlikely to call him though, I will play Iwobi there instead as a last resort.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
osita wrote:

You miss my point. Who are the creative players you would bring in? Personally, I would start Kelechi Nwakali as my playmaker but hey, I am not the coach. Most of the youngsters Gareth Southgate is playing are not any more experienced than Nwakali and like him only play bit-part roles for their clubs.

In my book, Nwakali would be my playmaker in front of Mikel and Ndidi. As Rohr is unlikely to call him though, I will play Iwobi there instead as a last resort.

But that is what ohen is saying, iwobi can join the midfield from his position on the wing, he does that in arsenal and very effective. Iwobi is not strong defensively and physically that is a known fact.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Francis Uzoho
[2] Ikechukwu Ezenwa
[3] Daniel Akpeyi

[4] Tyrone Ebuehi
[5] Shehu Abdullahi

[6] Brian Idowu
[7] Ola Aina

[8] William Ekong
[9] Leon Balogun
[10] Chidozie Awaziem
[11] Kenneth Omeruo

[12] Mikel Obi
[13] Ogenyi Onazi
[14] Wilfred Ndidi
[15] John Ogu

[16] Alex Iwobi
[17] Oghene Etebo

[18] Odion Ighalo
[19] Olanrewaju Kayode

[20] Victor Moses
[21] Henry Onyekuru
[22] Kelechi Iheanacho
[23] Anthony Nwakaeme

Seven stand-by players
[1] Dele Ajiboye
[2] Uwua Echiejile
[3] Uche Agbo
[4] Mikel Agu
[5] Ahmed Musa
[6] Simon Moses
[7] Ibrahim Alhassan

In my opinion, he favoured formation will be 4-3-3, with the team having the option of reverting to 3-5-2 should the need arise. Now, in my opinion, if he goes for this list, he strongest starting line-up will probably be:

*******************************************************Ighalo***********************************************

**********************Moses***********************************************Iheanacho*********************

****************************************************Iwobi****************************************************

******************************Mikel******************************Ndidi***************************************

***Idowu*****************************Balogun**************************Ekong*******************Ebuehi***

**********************************************************Uzoho**************************************************

Am I totally satisfied with this squad? No. What are my beefs with it. well:

[1] It has no natural playmaker ala Okocha, Ericksen, Modric, Ozil, etc. Is Iwobi really up to playing that role? Does he has the physical strength?
[2] Is Ighalo in goalscoring form at the moment?
[3] There is not enough goalkeeping depth in the squad. I am disgusted that we will be taking Akpeyi and Ezenwa to Russia. I would rather the young Dele Alampasu, who can at least learn and improve. We basically need to recall either Enyeama or Aiyenugba
[4] Are there other centrebacks we could have tried like Uduokhai and Akpoguma? I am worried about Balogun being done for pace at the back
[5] Could we have looked at some other right fullbacks like Kingsley Ehizibu
[6] Could we have looked at some other left fullbacks like Kingsley Madu and Jordan Touranighora
[7] In midfield, should we at least look at Joel Obi too. His retention skills are key
[8] Against stubborn and well-knit defences, we will be too dependent on Victor Moses to create goal-scoring chances
[9] Wilfred Ndidi does not give us enough offensively. He desperately needs to improve upon his passing
[10] This team is too dependent on Mikel Obi to click. At his age, that is a huge risk
Ayo now facing reality :)
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

I wouldnt put Ebuehi ahead of Shehu or Idowu ahead of Echiejile or Aina just yet.
We only saw them play one game. Echiejile, Aina and Shehu actually brought us through qualification.

We have a couple of friendly matches to execute to let them slug it out for the 1st team rankings, but for now my 2 wing backs will be Shehu and Aina based on body of work
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:He was one of our brightest players when he came on against Algeria. For some inexplicable reason, Rohr refused to play him against Argentina. I am of the opinion that if given the opportunity, Onyekuru will dazzle in the green-white-green.
A questionable proposition, but “bright” is nonetheless NOT synonymous with “productive”...

I like Onyekuru but frankly he was NO “brighter” upon his introduction against Algeria than Musa (who admittedly might ultimately play himself out of the Russian-bound train) was upon his own introduction against probably a tougher Argentinian team - and in LESS time than Onyekuru had against Algeria, Musa managed to conjure up an assist for Iwobi’s second goal. Bros, dancing ajasco does NOT equate to productivity!
Go and watch the game again Gotti, Onyekuru had a shot on target. I believe he actually drew a save from the Algerian goalkeeper.
Pls watch that move again. It actually showed Onyekuru without brains. He dribbled the defender on the left and had so much space to run at goal but inexplicably he chose a wild curvy shot that was going well out, but the Algerian keeper turned it into a save for the TV cameras. Onyekuru is not an NT level player.

Fast forward to 83 minutes and then see if what you are saying is accurate:
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

osita wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
osita wrote:Ogu currently has too many fans in Nigeria now.
I'm not sure about that. He seems like a very cool guy though.

Do you watch Nigeria sports tv or go on Twitter?

Mikel collected yellow card against Zambia and was dispossessed immediately he came in. And twitter exploded , querying the coach and why he did not bring in Ogu.

Ogu may not be too popular, but Mikel agu is least popular than Ogu.
At the World Cup, especially playing the established sides, we will suffer long spells without possession. Remember in Brazil WC 2014 how France dominated us once Onazi went off from a deliberate ankle breaker by Blaise Matuidi. That is why Rohr will favour Mikel Agu over John Ogu. Ogu is tall, strong and stylish but no midfield bulldog. If JMO is to be key for us offensively, then you need Onazi, Ndidi and Agu to go round winning the ball back.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

charlie wrote:I wouldnt put Ebuehi ahead of Shehu or Idowu ahead of Echiejile or Aina just yet.
We only saw them play one game. Echiejile, Aina and Shehu actually brought us through qualification.

We have a couple of friendly matches to execute to let them slug it out for the 1st team rankings, but for now my 2 wing backs will be Shehu and Aina based on body of work
Yes shehu, elderson and aina brought qualification, but we have to go with the best available players, no sentiments or bias allowed, ebuehi reduced Di Maria to a junk player effortlessly and he joined the attack with quick crisp passes. Idowu completely shut down the argentine attack from his wing and had the lungs to score a world class goal. Moving forward both ebuehi and Idowu must start for SE. Simple and plain jare
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

9jaMan wrote:
charlie wrote:I wouldnt put Ebuehi ahead of Shehu or Idowu ahead of Echiejile or Aina just yet.

Yes shehu, elderson and aina brought qualification, but we have to go with the best available players, no sentiments or bias allowed, ebuehi reduced Di Maria to a junk player effortlessly and he joined the attack with quick crisp passes. Idowu completely shut down the argentine attack from his wing and had the lungs to score a world class goal. Moving forward both ebuehi and Idowu must start for SE. Simple and plain jare
Wow...so all this based on 45 minutes of a friendly match? Quite a bizarre way of thinking if you ask me.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Zelex wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Wow...so all this based on 45 minutes of a friendly match? Quite a bizarre way of thinking if you ask me.
Yep. If Ebuehi suffers a bad 45 minutes in his next game the very same people will demand that's he dropped from the team.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Zelex wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Facts no feelings
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

9jaMan wrote:

I tire for my people oooooooo. Kai!

Can they name me one team in the world that is not looking to take its best 23 to the World Cup. It is only on the Nigerian forum that you hear this nonsense about who and who qualified the team for the World Cup.

Personally, I think it is time we had forum rules sanctioning people for coming up with such unintelligent talk. What they are saying is that if a player is crap, just because he played in the qualifiers he should go to the World Cup. In my book, that is unpatriotic at best or treasonable felony at worst!
01bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by 01bakana »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

I tire for my people oooooooo. Kai!

Can they name me one team in the world that is not looking to take its best 23 to the World Cup. It is only on the Nigerian forum that you hear this nonsense about who and who qualified the team for the World Cup.

Personally, I think it is time we had forum rules sanctioning people for coming up with such unintelligent talk. What they are saying is that if a player is crap, just because he played in the qualifiers he should go to the World Cup. In my book, that is unpatriotic at best or treasonable felony at worst!
Good God of tombo liquor :woot: :woot: Ayo wan sanction pesin for unintelligent talk :scared: wonderment!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

People are just giving opinions without paying attention to the recent developments on team selections by the coach.

1, Etebo did not play vs Argentina, this leaves on opening for J Obi and further cements Ogu’s spot. Etebo needs a good season to keep his spot.

2, Nwakaeme also did not play v Argentina. Might be tactical but search for a Striker continues.

3, C Nwakali didn’t even get a shot. Looks like buyers remorse based on reports.

4, Kayode and Onyekuru also didn’t play much. Clear opening for Bazee.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Wow so you and Rohr are no longer thinking on the same wavelength and everybody shouldn't watch and see how he executes the run up to the WC as it will no longer align with all your babblings? Well noted!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

IN

1. Musa will make it - He's a veteran and will find his feet hopefully by January. The squad has too many kids. Musa is needed.
2. Definitely Moses Simon (that's an obvious omission).
3. Mikel Agu or another CM will make it because Rohr starts with 3 CMs and you cannot enter an event with only 1 back up.

OUT
1. Kayode
2. Nwakeme
3. Onyekuru - I like him but it will boil down to him vs Musa and my bet is the coach will go with experience.

OTHER:
GK: I will be surprised if Akpeyi makes the cut.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:IN

1. Musa will make it - He's a veteran and will find his feet hopefully by January. The squad has too many kids. Musa is needed.
2. Definitely Moses Simon (that's an obvious omission).
3. Mikel Agu or another CM will make it because Rohr starts with 3 CMs and you cannot enter an event with only 1 back up.

OUT
1. Kayode
2. Nwakeme
3. Onyekuru - I like him but it will boil down to him vs Musa and my bet is the coach will go with experience.

OTHER:
GK: I will be surprised if Akpeyi makes the cut.
I think he will, you need 3 goalies and I really do not see an alternative as of now. Unless you know something I don't know. :winking: :sneaky:

I agree with you on Musa, Agu and Simon.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Now, if I were picking the squad, this would be my 23:

[1] Francis Uzoho
[2] Dele Aiyenugba
[3] Dele Alampasu

[4] Tyrone Ebuehi
[5] Shehu Abdullahi

[6] Brian Idowu
[7] Ola Aina

[8] William Ekong
[9] Leon Balogun
[10] Chidozie Awaziem
[11] Kenneth Omeruo

[12] Mikel Obi
[13] Ogenyi Onazi
[14] Wilfred Ndidi
[15] Joel Obi

[16] Alex Iwobi
[17] Kelechi Nwakali

[18] Odion Ighalo
[19] Olanrewaju Kayode

[20] Victor Moses
[21] Henry Onyekuru
[22] Kelechi Iheanacho
[23] Anthony Nwakaeme

Seven stand-by players
[1] Dele Ajiboye
[2] Kingsley Ehizibue
[3] Uche Agbo
[4] John Ogu
[5] Taiwo Awoniyi
[6] Simon Moses
[7] Victor Osimhen

Things could change however, depending on what comes out of the negotiations with Kevin Akpoguma and Felix Uduokhai. Let us see how that pans out!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Musa over Kayode any day. Musa can do everything Kayode can as a striker and can play on the wing. Moses Simon and Echiejile will go. Take it to the bank.
Last edited by airwolex on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

This would be my starting line-up:

4-3-3

*******************************************************Ighalo***********************************************

**********************Moses***********************************************Onyekuru*********************

****************************************************Nwakali***********************************************

******************************Mikel******************************Ndidi***************************************

***Idowu*****************************Balogun**************************Ekong*******************Ebuehi***

**********************************************************Uzoho************************************************

3-5-2

********************************Ighalo*******************Moses****************************

******************************************Nwakali*******************************************

***************************Mikel***************************Ndidi*****************************

***Idowu***************************************************************************Ebuehi***

************Balogun**************************Ekong*******************Awaziem*************

**********************************************Uzoho*********************************************

Again, a lot hinges on what happens with Kevin Akpoguma and Felix Uduokhai. To be honest, most of the team is set, we just need a playmaker and we are good to go.