Dutch unhappy about Ebuehi and want him back in their team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Dutch unhappy about Ebuehi and want him back in their team

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dutch journalist Jermain Leitbig says the Netherlands are still hopeful of convincing Super Eagles ‎right full back Tyronne Ebuehi to play for their senior national team.

Born in the Netherlands to Ni‎gerian parents, the ADO Den Haag full back impressed a lot of Nigerians when he came on as a substitute for the Super Eagles in their 4-2 win over Argentina on Tuesday.

Despite playing for Nigeria in that game, he is still eligible to represent Holland and Jermain Leitbig says he will definitely be considered as the Dutch begin a process of rebuilding following failure to qualify for the World Cup in Russia.

” I hope you know he only played in a friendly game for Nigeria, and not a competitive game hence he can still play for the Netherlands. He plays in a position where the Dutch are short of options, so he could be an option”, Leitbig told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” Unless he plays for Nigeria next year, the Netherlands are still in with a chance to convince him, afterall it wasn’t like they didn’t try to stop him when he made the move to switch to Nigeria.

DONT MISS ==> Junior Ajayi Makes Instant Impact At Al-Ahly With Brace In Friendly Tie
” Let’s wait but for now Nigeria hold the advantage of having him but no doubt Holland will be monitoring his performance for ADO Den Haag. The battle for his future is far from over”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/16/ne ... on-ebuehi/
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Dutch unhappy about Ebuehi and want him back in their te

Post by Tobi17 »

I kind of figured this would happen, we have to keep a tight leash on this boys cause they are still very much open to be capped by the country of their birth after a good showing, even Idowu might have some problems with his club for playing for us.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Tobi17 wrote:I kind of figured this would happen, we have to keep a tight leash on this boys cause they are still very much open to be capped by the country of their birth after a good showing, even Idowu might have some problems with his club for playing for us.
Well Holland won’t be in Russia and when did Russia show interest in Idowu before he turned out for Nigeria? These players should know that in this case they are better off with Nigeria!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I have to blame Rohr for this. He's had this guy on the bench in competitive game and did not seal the deal with a substitute appearance.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

If the Dutch snatch Ebuehi, then the fault is Rohr's. Why he did not give him a few minutes against Algeria is beyond me, especially as he still had the option of a 3rd sub.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Idowu might even lose his place at his club: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/15/ru ... les-debut/

To be honest, he needs to leave Russia in my opinion. he is too good a player for that league anyway.

It looks like January will be a crunch time for Nigerian football. By my count, about eight players may need to find new clubs. How well the January transfer window goes will have a major bearing on Nigeria's World Cup fortunes.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:If the Dutch snatch Ebuehi, then the fault is Rohr's. Why he did not give him a few minutes against Algeria is beyond me, especially as he still had the option of a 3rd sub.
Gbam. The man can be infuriating at times!
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

The guy played very well; he hustled alot
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

That surprised me. Not sure why Shehu had to play all 90 minutes in a dead rubber match against Algeria. Ebuehi could have been subbed on in the 89th minute to tie him to Nigeria forever.

That said, I doubt that Tyrone will leave a World Cup bound country to sit in line for a country that will be watching it on TV.
Dammy wrote:If the Dutch snatch Ebuehi, then the fault is Rohr's. Why he did not give him a few minutes against Algeria is beyond me, especially as he still had the option of a 3rd sub.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Interesting developments if true- the boy looked good the other night. am sure he will hold on to Nigeria.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You guys should calm down. First of all it’s owngoal they are known for fabricating false stories. Secondly, this is just an journalist opinion. 3rd of all, no one was saying this when shehu was putting MOM performance against Zambia and Argentina. The coach didn’t wanted to lose, he seems like a coach that doesn’t want his team to lose momentum or lose period. Which means that he doesn’t like changing his best players at all. To him all games are meaningful and I totally agree. Ebuehi seems like a good RB prospects but I want some consistency before raving praises
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:I have to blame Rohr for this. He's had this guy on the bench in competitive game and did not seal the deal with a substitute appearance.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If the dutch "snatch" Ebuehi, then its Ebuehi's fault! It will be clear that he is interested in holland and not Nigeria. Pleaseeeeee! If Ebuehi wants Nigeria, nothing Holland can do about it.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

no big deal if he chooses to plays for holland
he was not going to be a starter for us anyway
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

This sounds like typical BS by Owngoal
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

own goal fabrication
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

If the dutch had qualified for the WC, maybe I might take this article seriously.
No chance in hell Ebuehi will accept a call up to the dutch team now when he can play for Nigeria in the Mundial no less.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

smartbrother wrote:no big deal if he chooses to plays for holland
he was not going to be a starter for us anyway
Na you dey Pick team?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Rhor should have capped him in Constantine. :curse:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Who knows what Ebuehi discussed with Rohr? Perhaps he's still trying to make up his mind and asked not to be capped in a competitive game? If that's the case, then I think he's made up his mind with what he's seen so far. His initiation dance was also awesome :thumbs:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:I have to blame Rohr for this. He's had this guy on the bench in competitive game and did not seal the deal with a substitute appearance.

If the dutch "snatch" Ebuehi, then its Ebuehi's fault! It will be clear that he is interested in holland and not Nigeria. Pleaseeeeee! If Ebuehi wants Nigeria, nothing Holland can do about it.
Chief, this is - an example - of why I like you :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:

Simple and short. :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

charlie wrote:If the dutch had qualified for the WC, maybe I might take this article seriously.
No chance in hell Ebuehi will accept a call up to the dutch team now when he can play for Nigeria in the Mundial no less.
Exactly.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

danfo driver wrote:

Talk brave all you want but no one can fault Ebuehi. It is called planning. You chase the boy for a long time. He agreed and turns up for a few games but did not even get 1 minute of competitive football to finally seal him as a naija player. We often put too much on a player, particularly some facing a lot of pressure from home and their club. Yet some would talk tough on CE because the only pressure they face is pressing their keyboard. All tho Dutch pressure should have rendered unnecessary if he had played even 5 minutes competitive game for Nigeria
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!