Nigeria is Africa's Germany

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria is Africa's Germany

Post by Dammy »

Russia Scared Of Facing African Germany, Nigeria In Group Of Death At 2018 World Cup Former coach of USSR, CIS and Russia Anatoly Byshovets does not want 2018 World Cup hosts Russia to be pitted against Nigeria in next summer's football festival.

Russia as the host country will automatically be seeded in Group A, and there's a possibility that they can be drawn to face Spain, Costa Rica and Nigeria, who are in Pot 2, Pot 3 and Pot 4 respectively, in the group stage.

''The group of death is Russia, Spain, Costa Rica and Nigeria. The past match with Spain can be assessed as a valuable experience, we saw how difficult the game was. But in official meetings the price of error will be higher. That's why I'll choose Spain,'' Byshovts told Sport Express Russia.

''We have a sad experience of meeting with Costa Rica . This team at the last World Cup looked impressive, they were spoilers.

''Nigeria was very bright, looked fearless in the match with Argentina in Krasnodar. The team is well balanced, high average level.

''In my understanding, Nigeria is a kind of African Germany . A good combination of technique and ability to impose a power struggle. ''

Nigeria, who have qualified for their sixth World Cup, have never met Russia at the World Cup.

Igho Kingsley
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_ne ... c4.twitter
I am happy
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria is Africa's Germany

Post by bamenda boy »

@ the Title :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

bamenda boy wrote:@ the Title :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yi don start :lol: :lol:

Why not just say the Nigerian team instead of the Germany or the Brazil or whatever of Africa
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Rogermilla wrote:

Why not just say the Nigerian team instead of the Germany or the Brazil or whatever of Africa
I think a Russian journalist coined that phrase but I understand!Hows Cameroon these days anyway?
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Chei, see as katakata burst over one friendly. I am remaining level headed though as I know it is not yet uhuru!
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Chei, see as katakata burst over one friendly. I am remaining level headed though as I know it is not yet uhuru!
Ayo. Level-headed. Same sentence.

Abeg give me one Gulder dia!
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

let the journalist coin what he wants..we are the super eagles of naija...not interested in their titles or platitudes..dem don start
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Rogermilla wrote:

This man you be admin, Weti happen for Camfoot forum?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bamenda boy, why are you laughing? Are you blaming the person who posted the article here (in the Forum) or the writer for the choice of the article's title or heading?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Odas wrote:
Bamenda boy, why are you laughing? Are you blaming the person who posted the article here (in the Forum) or the writer for the choice of the article's title or heading?
Tbh, I have not even read the body of the post. Just the topic title itself almost made me faint.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rogermilla wrote:

Na wa-o! Why the name "German" by the way? Why?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I hate stuff like this, which one is Germany of Africa again? just the same way the bredas call themselves the "Bre-zil" of Africa but will be staying at home watching the real BRAZIL perform in Russia.

Moral of my point is: just be your damn self!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

We are NIGERIA of Africa. Leave the bredas to be pretenders of another country in Africa. Lets insist on who we are.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

All Nigerian Soccer.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

you guys need to chill
the hype is getting too much
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Well according to many on CE, Naija is the best in Africa.
Germany are the reigning champions of the World so ..... Naija is the Germany of Africa!

Their coach is German too! :D

But look at the real Champions of Africa getting jealous? :lol: :lol:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Kabalega wrote:Well according to many on CE, Naija is the best in Africa.
Germany are the reigning champions of the World so ..... Naija is the Germany of Africa!

Their coach is German too! :D

But look at the real Champions of Africa getting jealous? :lol: :lol:
on paper
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bamenda boy wrote:
Odas wrote:
Tbh, I have not even read the body of the post. Just the topic title itself almost made me faint.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I agree, bros! :rotf: :rotf:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote: We are NIGERIA of Africa. Leave the bredas to be pretenders of another country in Africa. Lets insist on who we are.
Thank you, much better and I agree, so the title of this article needs to be changed
Last edited by Odas on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

guys are having flashbacks of should I say Blackstars and the Brazil of Africa. :lol:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

You guys need to calm down. the overtaking is getting out of hand.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

have you guys contemplated how Germans would react if called Nigerians of Europe. if you never been to Germany ask me because i lived there for several years and they are the most racist nation in the world. though I never directly experienced it while there because I happened to be there as their master.
Last edited by jette1 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Polly wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Chei, see as katakata burst over one friendly. I am remaining level headed though as I know it is not yet uhuru!
Ayo. Level-headed. Same sentence.

Abeg give me one Gulder dia!
:lol: