President Pinnick...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: President Pinnick...

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

fabio wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I see....Robbynice first admired Pinnick's suit, then recanted, and now is back supporting again :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well you know me, I call it as it is and not as I want it to be. The man came in literally looking the part and I acknowledged it then. There were some hiccups along the way like not qualifying for the AFCON which made me to stop and think if the move was a good one but bobo is now doing the do so I have to commend him for a job well done. Just the fair and honest thing to do.
How many qualification have we missed?
U-17
U-23
AFCON.
1/4 = 25%. Still F9!

can we please give an F10? F9 is generous. The dude appears to be turning it around though, even though he spent most of his time screwing up.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

osita wrote:I may not like his love for foreign things like English players of Nigeria origin, but give it to him, he is a power broker :clap:
Why? Do you know any of these boys? I have known one or two since they were kids. They are just as Nigerian as you.

There is nothing foreign about any Nigerian be they born in Nigeria and live not in Nigeria or not born in Nigeria and live not in Nigeria. These boys are just as proud to be Nigerian as much as you and I.

Please do not look at them as not worthy cos they were not born in Nigeria. It is wrong.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote:
osita wrote:I may not like his love for foreign things like English players of Nigeria origin, but give it to him, he is a power broker :clap:
Why? Do you know any of these boys? I have known one or two since they were kids. They are just as Nigerian as you.

There is nothing foreign about any Nigerian be they born in Nigeria and live not in Nigeria or not born in Nigeria and live not in Nigeria. These boys are just as proud to be Nigerian as much as you and I.

Please do not look at them as not worthy cos they were not born in Nigeria. It is wrong.
I was not born in Nigeria and you can never mistake me for anything else by Naija...Fact not feelings!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

fabio wrote:What exactly did he do? His job?
The sport Ministry provided the money. We might as well thank the Sports Minister, Finance Minister and President.
I trust to enter here my broda. :D :D :D :D

He started slow and made mistskes. But he had a strategy and plan, it is all coming together nicely for him and us.

This is what happens when you give someone a chance.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Waffiman wrote:
fabio wrote:What exactly did he do? His job?
The sport Ministry provided the money. We might as well thank the Sports Minister, Finance Minister and President.
I trust to enter here my broda. :D :D :D :D

He started slow and made mistskes. But he had a strategy and plan, it is all coming together nicely for him and us.

This is what happens when you give someone a chance.
I must enter and give the other side. We want balanced diet :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

We suppose organise to go Russia for World Cup
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Waffiman wrote:

True...I think a lot of people feel the time, energy and money put into his recruitment programme is to the detriment to the other areas of football (or at least that's how I view it). Take for the Falcons for instance. They haven't played a single game since the AFCON 2016! while for instance the Brazil team have played 7 friendly games in 2017. There needs to be a balance.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Zelex wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

True...I think a lot of people feel the time, energy and money put into his recruitment programme is to the detriment to the other areas of football (or at least that's how I view it). Take for the Falcons for instance. They haven't played a single game since the AFCON 2016! while for instance the Brazil team have played 7 friendly games in 2017. There needs to be a balance.
I beg, help me told them.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

smartbrother wrote:
Robbynice wrote:...WELL DONE SIR! No need for epistle. You are doing the do and we ALL see it sir. Keep up the great work. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Up Super Eagles of Nigeria! :thumbs: :thumbs:
isnt this a little premature?
at this stage we've only qualified for the world cup
save the praise for when we qualify for the QF
Smartbrother, thank you! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

fabio wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I see....Robbynice first admired Pinnick's suit, then recanted, and now is back supporting again :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well you know me, I call it as it is and not as I want it to be. The man came in literally looking the part and I acknowledged it then. There were some hiccups along the way like not qualifying for the AFCON which made me to stop and think if the move was a good one but bobo is now doing the do so I have to commend him for a job well done. Just the fair and honest thing to do.
How many qualification have we missed?
U-17
U-23
AFCON.
1/4 = 25%. Still F9!
I won't say F9... maybe a P7.

Qualifying for the WC moves the needle from F9 to P8 (Olympic medaling), P7 for qualifying for the WC.
Repeating what others before him did by going undefeated just kept him at P7. Maybe by the time WC rolls around and we have had good preparations he fit reach C6. But I will give him a P7...

The things below needs work...
- U17
- U23
- Back-to-Back AFCON absence
- Losing to SA in anything at home
- CHAN Eagles
- Very inhumane treatment of our Super Falcons
- Just begone paying salaries on time (I hear say na patch patch).

But overall, bobo is improving. Just hope he addresses the other shortcomings. We want him to leave office an A student rather than getting HemiOshodi UniLag Department of Chemistry type marks. Or Princess type grades...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Zelex wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Which T, E & M?
Which money exactly is he putting into (foreign) recruitment?
Even if they say he is buying a first class flight ticket and paying for a 5 star hotel just to go and beg Tammy Abraham, Ola Aina, Ebuehi or Idowu dem Papa (which we know is not the case), how much is the money that will now derail a whole national youth development program?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cellular wrote: I won't say F9... maybe a P7.

Qualifying for the WC moves the needle from F9 to P8 (Olympic medaling), P7 for qualifying for the WC.
Repeating what others before him did by going undefeated just kept him at P7. Maybe by the time WC rolls around and we have had good preparations he fit reach C6. But I will give him a P7...

- U17
- U23
- CHAN Eagles

But overall, bobo is improving. Just hope he addresses the other shortcomings. We want him to leave office an A student rather than getting HemiOshodi UniLag Department of Chemistry type marks. Or Princess type grades...
Olympics is NOC. That moves him back to P8.

Let's not forget the Nike Sponsorship rubbish he secured for us without input from anyone from marketing, but his I- too- know.

That's back to F9.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

fabio wrote:

- U17
- U23
- CHAN Eagles

Let's not forget the Nike Sponsorship rubbish he secured for us without input from anyone from marketing, but his I- too- know.

That's back to F9.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You and EnuguII should be banned from grading people. Kai. :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
Which T, E & M?
Even if they say he is buying a first class flight ticket and paying for a 5 star hotel just to go and beg Tammy Abraham, Ola Aina, Ebuehi or Idowu dem Papa (which we know is not the case), how much is the money that will now derail a whole national youth development program?
Mr. Man, okay, he used his money for the first class tickets and 5 star hotel! Your point is?

What we are asking for is for him to be as much effort into other national teams and not run down anything that is made in Nigeria as inferior (His friends in the press have stopped fighting the minister).
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Damunk wrote:
Zelex wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Which T, E & M?
Let it be known I have no qualms with his recruitment programme. In fact in a ideal world (indefinite amount of funds) I think it is a excellent idea alas this is not the case. Hence the need for prioritisation of tasks IMO. Firstly I will answer your question. No. it does not derail a national youth program but that was not the point I was trying to stress. My issue is the effort he puts into recruiting those of dual-national (I was actually referring to his travelling and time expenses specifically) or to be honest the Men's national team, yet not a single friendly has been organised for the Falcons who are by the way the African champions. At least show some enthusiasm to other areas of our football, are they not Nigerians as well? Frankly, the treatment of the Falcons has been disgraceful.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cellular wrote:
Thank God, we qualified for the WC....

If we reach the QF and SF, then I will give him a little kudos.

He is yet to achieve more than his predecessors.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

fabio wrote:
Cellular wrote:

seriously....the bobo has been an olodo.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Robbynice wrote:...WELL DONE SIR! No need for epistle. You are doing the do and we ALL see it sir. Keep up the great work. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Up Super Eagles of Nigeria! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Robby,

He has done quite well and I am not talking about performance of the NT. He has put Nigeria at the center of the political decision making in African football. I do not know when last we ever sat at that table. Moreover, he has begun to deal with the sponsorship issue. I hope that both Pinnick and Dikko are left alone as there is still some work to do but at least we are not standing pat and marking time. My fear now is that the political scumbags will come in to remove him and Dikko preying on the usual susceptibility to ethnocentrism and the like. Both men have given Nigerian football what we have rarely had (this is besides going to the WC).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:
fabio wrote:

- U17
- U23
- CHAN Eagles

That's back to F9.
Cell,

You no see say as I take style improve the range of grading dis time? :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Egg-head better not break his promises to the players re: bonuses, we are tired of bonus issue every world cup.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

maceo4 wrote:Egg-head better not break his promises to the players re: bonuses, we are tired of bonus issue every world cup.
Did you hear of any bonus issues during the qualifiers? :twisted:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

fabio wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Kai! You na hard man.

On going to Russia, I initially discounted it, but I am now changing my mind.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Waffiman wrote:
fabio wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Kai! You na hard man.

On going to Russia, I initially discounted it, but I am now changing my mind.
Me too. I won't be staying long though - two, maybe three days max then I'm gone. Friends have already ordered tickets but this time I'll wait until the draw is made.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Robbynice wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Egg-head better not break his promises to the players re: bonuses, we are tired of bonus issue every world cup.
Did you hear of any bonus issues during the qualifiers? :twisted:
It always starts during the big dance, our boys get tired of being stiffed by these egg heads. http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/28055186
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!