Interesting story on Idowu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Interesting story on Idowu

Post by Odas »

Prince wrote:I hope they won't start to call this boys up now
Well, if they do, it is up to him to turn them down (unless they threatened to kill him :lol: :lol: ) or choose them, but at least he was given a chance to represent us
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Cellular wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy might still change his mind. We could still lose him and Ebuehi.
Even in Ibadan, do you give up one hot plate of amala in your hand for a promise of 2 plates of rice? :?
Kpom. Nothing to add. He's even already strongly hinted that he will reject their call if they try that. Nigerian citizens have played in Russia before he's not jeopardizing any club career. Patapata he'll move to another country. In this situation, I'm glad Russia was racist. Now if only England can also show their true colors to Tammy Abraham etc, but Southgate is too level headed for that.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:So no Idowu initiation video?
Onazi no dey.
I think I saw one on instragram, also saw Uzoho's who didn't actually sing lol.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Bryan Idowu's situation is still dicey for the moment because Russia does not allow dual citizenship, which means he has to denounce his russian nationality in order to apply for a nigerian passport. One assumes that NFF is already on top of this issue and can complete all the arrangements in time, otherwise we will not be able to register him as a squad player for the SE for the World Cup.

Not True. Russia ALLOWS dual citizenship. Putin passed a new law recently making it a crime not to report and register as a dual citizen.

Most of the Russians with foreign citizenship also have Russian citizenship. In fact, Russia actively encourages it :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: for obvious reasons. Dual Finnish-Russian citizens in Finland still have obligations to serve in Russian military...including those who are part of NATO troops :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russia can sponsor Idowu to go and live in Naija and collect intel, without standing out
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kai, that is scary
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Could get really dicey if Russia get drawn in the same group as Nigeria. Can you imagine what that would do to his heart strings?
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Onazi no dey.
yep he sang Chris brown or is Mario
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Cellular wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy might still change his mind. We could still lose him and Ebuehi.
Even in Ibadan, do you give up one hot plate of amala in your hand for a promise of 2 plates of rice? :?

you analogy get as e be. Ibadan people do not give up a potential plate of Amala for existing 5 plates of rice :lol: :lol: :lol: rice to them na like salad to some of our people wey no like "raw leaves"...
Chief you no lie. For my village, if you serve rice, the villagers will still be waiting for you to serve food... :D :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Goldleaf wrote:Bryan Idowu's situation is still dicey for the moment because Russia does not allow dual citizenship, which means he has to denounce his russian nationality in order to apply for a nigerian passport. One assumes that NFF is already on top of this issue and can complete all the arrangements in time, otherwise we will not be able to register him as a squad player for the SE for the World Cup.
Many countries that do not allow dual citizenship make exceptions for those who acquired their citizenship at birth. Idowu has been Nigerian from birth and will remain one until he renounces his citizenship (passport or no passport).
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Not True. Russia ALLOWS dual citizenship. Putin passed a new law recently making it a crime not to report and register as a dual citizen.

Most of the Russians with foreign citizenship also have Russian citizenship. In fact, Russia actively encourages it :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: for obvious reasons. Dual Finnish-Russian citizens in Finland still have obligations to serve in Russian military...including those who are part of NATO troops :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russia can sponsor Idowu to go and live in Naija and collect intel, without standing out
Finland is not in NATO but you are correct otherwise.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

aruako1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Finland is not in NATO but you are correct otherwise.
Thanks...I guess I misread the article....I think it is the Finnish Army...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Cellular wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:

you analogy get as e be. Ibadan people do not give up a potential plate of Amala for existing 5 plates of rice :lol: :lol: :lol: rice to them na like salad to some of our people wey no like "raw leaves"...
Chief you no lie. For my village, if you serve rice, the villagers will still be waiting for you to serve food... :D :taunt: :taunt:
No be lie o. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Former WNBA player and current San Antonio Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammon holds dual US and Russian citizenship. She played for Russia at the Olympics.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

aruako1 wrote:
Many countries that do not allow dual citizenship make exceptions for those who acquired their citizenship at birth. Idowu has been Nigerian from birth and will remain one until he renounces his citizenship (passport or no passport).
That isn't even the case here. As I posted, Becky Hammon is a naturalized Russian. She wasn't born Russian.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

wiseone wrote:Could get really dicey if Russia get drawn in the same group as Nigeria. Can you imagine what that would do to his heart strings?
He will be pretty keen to show the Russian football establishment what they missed out on..He will be doubly motivated to do well.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cellular wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My people will say "Pounded Yam is the real food, Amala is medicinal, and for want of decent food which may be unavailable at that material time makes you turn to options like bean/rice/etc"
Last edited by mapet on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

airwolex wrote:So this guy has lived in Owerri and is risking his place in his team to rep us. Just shows the folly of the folks that say they are not Nigerian enough. This guy is more Nigerian than a lot of guys that yak up and down. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Who has been saying that of late?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I am actually worried about Russia nicking him from under Nigeria's noses. Russia can cap him immediately with no fuss.
Mr Shows wrote:
wiseone wrote:Could get really dicey if Russia get drawn in the same group as Nigeria. Can you imagine what that would do to his heart strings?
He will be pretty keen to show the Russian football establishment what they missed out on..He will be doubly motivated to do well.
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

wiseone wrote:I am actually worried about Russia nicking him from under Nigeria's noses. Russia can cap him immediately with no fuss.
Mr Shows wrote:

You guys are funny with all your nicking, OK what competition do the Russians wish to invent to have him play in? For all that is worth even if ID goes and play friendlies ( which are the only available games) for Russia he can still play world cup for us.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I don't think so with the World Cup around the corner except if they do not make the team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Edu
Egg
Egg

Post by Edu »

maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Onazi no dey.

It was introdu nkowa
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Would be mental if both Russia and Nigeria named Idowu in their WC squads!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:Would be mental if both Russia and Nigeria named Idowu in their WC squads!

Wow! And this guy calls himself "wiseone" :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

wiseone wrote:Would be mental if both Russia and Nigeria named Idowu in their WC squads!

:???: :???: :???:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.