Worried About Nacho and Iwobi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Worried About Nacho and Iwobi

Post by niyi »

Iheanacho wasn't on the bench for Leicester yesterday. There's been no report of an injury yet so that means he's fallen even further down the pecking order at Leicester. I understand he didn't have a preseason and he's not as fit as he should be. There is also a possibility that the toe injury he had in the beginning of the season hasn't completely healed. Now that the excuses are out of the way, if he's injured, why not take time to heal? If he's not fit, why not train even harder? Maybe hire a personal trainer...

But it's not good news that he has gone from starting the manchester derby to not being listed by Leicester within the space of a year.

Also watched Iwobi on Thursday and Sunday and he didn't seem very confident. He stuck to simple passes, didn't take players on or attempt anything daring... did not get into the box when his team had the ball in the attacking third either. What happened to the guy who skinned Mascherano just 2 weeks ago?

The Onyekuru case is somewhat relevant here too. Who is talking to him to make sure all the nonsense his coach is saying isn't getting to him in an unhealthy way? The NFF needs to set up a welfare department made up of psychologists, personal trainers, health professionals and ex-players who can advice our boys in some of these matters.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Worried About Nacho and Iwobi

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Personally, I would not start either of them. They are both impact players who are most useful to the team coming off the bench. I guess that is one good thing about this squad. It has a powerful bench.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The wc is not tomorrow.
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You would not start 2 of your best players that play at the best league in the world (arguable) and one of the best team in the world. But you would start an inexperienced player at a backwater league? My guy Odiegwu o
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

john12 wrote:You would not start 2 of your best players that play at the best league in the world (arguable) and one of the best team in the world. But you would start an inexperienced player at a backwater league? My guy Odiegwu o

Football is a team sport. Have you not noticed that Argentina never start Aguero and Higuain together?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The wc is not tomorrow.
It's not about the world cup.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

niyi wrote:Iheanacho wasn't on the bench for Leicester yesterday. There's been no report of an injury yet so that means he's fallen even further down the pecking order at Leicester. I understand he didn't have a preseason and he's not as fit as he should be. There is also a possibility that the toe injury he had in the beginning of the season hasn't completely healed. Now that the excuses are out of the way, if he's injured, why not take time to heal? If he's not fit, why not train even harder? Maybe hire a personal trainer...

But it's not good news that he has gone from starting the manchester derby to not being listed by Leicester within the space of a year.

Also watched Iwobi on Thursday and Sunday and he didn't seem very confident. He stuck to simple passes, didn't take players on or attempt anything daring... did not get into the box when his team had the ball in the attacking third either. What happened to the guy who skinned Mascherano just 2 weeks ago?

The Onyekuru case is somewhat relevant here too. Who is talking to him to make sure all the nonsense his coach is saying isn't getting to him in an unhealthy way? The NFF needs to set up a welfare department made up of psychologists, personal trainers, health professionals and ex-players who can advice our boys in some of these matters.

Did it occur to you that the team Iwobi played was actually playing defense properly? Sometimes the other team doesn’t want to skinned.
OCCUPY NFF!!
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Personally, I would not start either of them. They are both impact players who are most useful to the team coming off the bench. I guess that is one good thing about this squad. It has a powerful bench.
you wouldn't start them for their clubs or for the Super Eagles?

If you mean the Eagles then I would like to know who you would start in their place...?
YNWA
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Personally, I would not start either of them. They are both impact players who are most useful to the team coming off the bench. I guess that is one good thing about this squad. It has a powerful bench.

If you mean the Eagles then I would like to know who you would start in their place...?

I have posted my starting 11 here many at times. Iwobi and Iheanacho are both on my bench.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Oliseh should find a way to loan Iheanacho ( I doubt)....regular playing time and fit for the World Cup....Oliseh is steadily building his resume. Start at the bottom and find your way to the top. Emenalo came from nowhere, look where he is now.

I really hope Oliseh gets promotion.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Loan Iheanacho from epl to Belgium division 2?? Omo, that’s the handwork of chaii
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Oliseh should find a way to loan Iheanacho ( I doubt)....regular playing time and fit for the World Cup....Oliseh is steadily building his resume. Start at the bottom and find your way to the top. Emenalo came from nowhere, look where he is now.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
...Na wetin Kelechi do U? :blink: :blink: :blink:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
heavyd wrote:

I have posted my starting 11 here many at times. Iwobi and Iheanacho are both on my bench.
When you're in your bedroom you can play with your starting 11, starting with you doing a strip tease in your aso oke G String underwear. Mssshhheeeww

Those two accounted for 3 goals against Argentina. They contributed immensely towards our ticket to Russia
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

john12 wrote:Loan Iheanacho from epl to Belgium division 2?? Omo, that’s the handwork of chaii
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dutch division 2.....just dey kid.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Iwobi is being played out of position for Arsenal. Iwobi is a striker not an AM not a winger. That is where he should play for Nigeria. He has the main tools - quickness, quick thinking and positional awareness.

As for Iheanacho Man City and leicester is proving that he is not a striker. AM certainly, winger also but not a striker.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

my worry will be at danger zone if now was 30April 2018- there is still going to be a lot of twist and turns leading up to May2018.
just hope and pray of no repeat of what happen in 2010 to our key players - Mikel , Anichebe and an unfit Yakubu.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Wow... just a couple of things I've read in this thread...
Iwobi is a striker not an AM not a winger.
Oliseh should find a way to loan Iheanacho
The things you read in this place. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

niyi wrote:Iheanacho wasn't on the bench for Leicester yesterday. There's been no report of an injury yet so that means he's fallen even further down the pecking order at Leicester. I understand he didn't have a preseason and he's not as fit as he should be. There is also a possibility that the toe injury he had in the beginning of the season hasn't completely healed. Now that the excuses are out of the way, if he's injured, why not take time to heal? If he's not fit, why not train even harder? Maybe hire a personal trainer...

My brother calm down. You are overthinking this thing. It is not that serious. WC is not going to start in a month. We should wish our players the best and hope for an injury free season...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Not worried one bit about Iwobi...
He continues to cement his place at Arsenal, albeit reportedly has a 'dead leg' atm.

Nonetheless, I share your concern about the other two - Iheanacho seems to be an ill-fit thus far at Leicester City, while over the last several Anderlecht games that I have watched (the most recent being the Belgian Cup loss to Uche Agbo's Standard Liege), Onyekuru's confidence palpably appears to be waning and he's no longer taking on defenders or doing all the positive things that he did well earlier this season and did so well last season at Eupen. If the trend continues, he will most likely be watching the WC from the relatively comfort of his couch or a bar stool in Naija (unless he breaks out in the SE friendlies next year - assuming he's called up). He's become a pale shadow of the player at Eupen that Everton staked a claim for (and with Koeman's departure from Goodison Road, who knows what next).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

paj wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Oliseh should find a way to loan Iheanacho ( I doubt)....regular playing time and fit for the World Cup....Oliseh is steadily building his resume. Start at the bottom and find your way to the top. Emenalo came from nowhere, look where he is now.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
...Na wetin Kelechi do U? :blink: :blink: :blink:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: My belle-oo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The YeyeMan wrote:Wow... just a couple of things I've read in this thread...
:rotf: :rotf: said with all full authority too.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

metalalloy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Wow... just a couple of things I've read in this thread...
:rotf: :rotf: said with all full authority too.
:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Again, waiting to see Pinnick and co set up a committee of current and former football players (Mikel, Kanu, Okocha etc) to advice, nurture and encourage the boys.

Iwobi supoosedly didn't play well yesterday but that's a minor issue compared to Iheanacho's nightmare at Leicester. Leaks from the club are now talking about how they're looking to offload him but they can't because he's on 115K a week. I refuse to link the S*n and I don't believe Kelechi is on that much.

But these reports have to be bad for a football player's morale. Add in the stress and ignorance of online commenters, living away from the family and playing for Leicester (pathetic watching them being dominated by Fleetwood last Saturday). Iwobi too must be going through something similar although I think he has a better support structure around him.

We need to do something and while I care about the national team, I am mostly talking about the well being of the boys. This is not about the world cup. I moved out of the house as a grown man and I can tell you it was tough. I can only imagine what the boys are going through in a more demanding, more "public" job.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!