ROHR ON GKS: Uzoho, Alampasu, & Okoye.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
ROHR ON GKS: Uzoho, Alampasu, & Okoye.....

Post by Enugu II »

Rohr bemoans Enyeama’s condition at club, opens door to another youngster goalkeeper
http://jollofsports.com/13893-2/#sthash.zcZIqsDi.dpbs
ByAyodeji AyodejiPosted on November 30, 2017

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has stated that he hopes Vincent Enyeama can make Nigeria’s squad to the World Cup but lack of playing time and fitness condition could be a hindrance.

Rohr explained that Enyeama must surmount his situation at LOSC Lille, where he has been considered surplus to requirements, before he can fit in into the team.

“You cannot ask this question about Vincent because he is not fit,” Rohr told KweséESPN.

“He is not playing,” Rohr added.

“For the moment, this question, we cannot answer it because he is not playing yet.

“But I hope he will come back and if he is doing well at Lille or another club, I think he will change,” the coach continued.

“I hope he will be back also to continue his career.”

“We work very much on this position,” Rohr added.

“We took a second goalkeeper coach to work with the local coach for the goalkeepers.

The 64-year-old spoke on Deportivo La Coruna’s Francis Uzoho performance against Argentina, hinting he has done enough to earn a recall.

Rohr also made known his plans to bring in another youngster goalkeeper to the national team to further increase competition in the department:

“Now we have also have Francis who did well against Argentina, but still we have to work,” he added.

“We have still Alampasu, and I saw another one with Fortuna Dusseldorf, [Maduka] Okoye. We will look at him also.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: ROHR ON GKS: Uzoho, Alampasu, & Okoye.....

Post by Flex Swift »

This is very positive. Anyone is far better the Akpeyi.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

I think I was officially the first person to mention Maduka Okoye on this forum (Since Patrick has left, I do my own research on SE options). And yes, I want a cookie.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=281098&p=5044593&hi ... u#p5044593
Maybe some 18 or 19 year old in the NNL, NPFL or abroad (Maduka Okoye?) might emerge over the next 12 months, we’ll see.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

But seriously, why has David Nwolokor not been called up.

A young Nigerian keeper has started for 2 seasons in Europe, and he is with a Champions league side.

Uzoho might have the best upside, but Nwolokor is probably the most prepared to start for the SE today.

Alampasu and Akpeyi are not viable options in my informed and honest opinion.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

truetalk wrote:But seriously, why has David Nwolokor not been called up.

A young Nigerian keeper has started for 2 seasons in Europe, and he is with a Champions league side.

Uzoho might have the best upside, but Nwolokor is probably the most prepared to start for the SE today.

Where does David Nwolokor play and which team? Can you also share with us his teams performance as far in the champions league ?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I think it is miss information to claim this guy Nwokolor played in the champions league. Checks reveal his team didn’t make it to the group stage of the competition. That is like claiming players that played in qualifiers for World Cup played in the world even though they failed to qualify. So we have no way of determining if this guy is good because he plays in Croatia
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Flex Swift wrote:

Where does David Nwolokor play and which team? Can you also share with us his teams performance as far in the champions league ?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/david-nwo ... ler/358195
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Flex Swift wrote:I think it is miss information to claim this guy Nwokolor played in the champions league. Checks reveal his team didn’t make it to the group stage of the competition. That is like claiming players that played in qualifiers for World Cup played in the world even though they failed to qualify. So we have no way of determining if this guy is good because he plays in Croatia
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... dex.html#/

You are the one misinforming yourself.

He plays for a team in the Champions league. You can take UEFA, who organize the competition, to court if you disagree.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

truetalk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:I think it is miss information to claim this guy Nwokolor played in the champions league. Checks reveal his team didn’t make it to the group stage of the competition. That is like claiming players that played in qualifiers for World Cup played in the world even though they failed to qualify. So we have no way of determining if this guy is good because he plays in Croatia

He plays for a team in the Champions league. You can take UEFA, who organize the competition, to court if you disagree.
TT, I checked the group standing and can't find his team in any of the groups. Maybe they didn't make it to the group stage?

Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

truetalk wrote:

Your funny! His team did not qualify for the group stage of the competition I think this why most of us had never heard of him or his team. The qualfying series in not considered playing in the champions league but you can call whatever you want.....:
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Flex Swift wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Your funny! His team did not qualify for the group stage of the competition I think this why most of us had never heard of him or his team. The qualfying series in not considered playing in the champions league but you can call whatever you want.....:
Well, I don't wait for them to pay a random game in Laliga or the UEFA Champions league to start touting them.

Immediately Ikeme got ill, and saw that our options were somehow being limited to the extremely incapable duo of Akpeyi and Alampasu, I got on with researching Nigerian keepers who are making progress in their careers and are viable options. Nwolokor and Uzoho were certainly the top 2, Okoye was (and still is) a distant prospect that needs to break into the 1st team, and Femi Thomas is based on the body of work with Enyimba and the U-21 team over the past decade. I was probably the only one on here that said Ezenwa should start over Akpeyi in the South African game, and I will keep saying it confidently, Akpeyi is nowhere close to the standard of an SE keeper, especially considering the much better options available.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

truetalk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

The problem is that he's not making the bench at the moment and has played no games with the first team all season. I don't know whether there is reserve team football in that league but if there isn't then he hasn't played at all.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Rohr does not mention Akpoguma, so I am guessing dude told us to take a hike
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

This article says so much about Rohr and the seriousness he attaches to the task at hand. If those 3 he’s named pan out, even Ezenwa isn’t assured of a ticket to Russia, but the fact he is willing to hire a second professional trainer for the keeper suggested he will risk him and hope the training improves him.

Time to just trust the man and stop the nonsense on this forum of throwing out names like if those names will magically just get on the team sheet. I suspect our best ever Workd Vup coming up.
To stop trying is to start dying
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The YeyeMan wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

The problem is that he's not making the bench at the moment and has played no games with the first team all season. I don't know whether there is reserve team football in that league but if there isn't then he hasn't played at all.
That is certainly a problem. I rated him as our best option (with Enyeama and Ikeme not factors) before the start of the season. A 21 yer old Nigerian who had started for 2 seasons in Europe and had been recalled back to his home club who were in the Champions league (qualifiers to abide by Flex's standard).

The situation is somewhat similar to Femi Thomas who I think is the best home based keeper, but is essentially clubless after leaving Enyimba to follow Ikhana to Pillars, and was in limbo after Ikhana got axed in Kano.

Uzoho had a run of games with the 1st team in Spain. Nwolokor has started for 2 season. Hopefully he gets a run of games again or goes out on loan. I must point out that this is not the same as a 35 year old recovering from injury. This is a 21 year old, but you can't discount the experience of starting for 2 seasons in Europe.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

pajimoh wrote:
truetalk wrote:

TT, I checked the group standing and can't find his team in any of the groups. Maybe they didn't make it to the group stage?

I know they're not there, just like Ogu & Nwaekeme's team, they fell at the last hurdle to Olympiacos.

I won't go to court on it, but UEFA says the qualifiers are part of the Champions league, but Flex Swift wanted to beat me on top.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

truetalk wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
truetalk wrote:

I know they're not there, just like Ogu & Nwaekeme's team, they fell at the last hurdle to Olympiacos.

I won't go to court on it, but UEFA says the qualifiers are part of the Champions league, but Flex Swift wanted to beat me on top.
No vex oh we are on the same side wanting the best for our national team :thumb:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

truetalk wrote: I must point out that this is not the same as a 35 year old recovering from injury. This is a 21 year old, but you can't discount the experience of starting for 2 seasons in Europe.
Neither can you discount Enyeama's several years experience as a top goalkeeper in a strong European league.

If both Enyeama and Nwokolor find clubs in January and play regularly then we can see how they fare but Enyeama would be the obvious pick between the two.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Nwokolor started off well in Europe, but has since slipped BADLY and is not atm a viable option for Russia....
In fact, about EVERY Nigerian in that club (and there were about 5 or 6 of them) has apparently gone off the rails.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ok, nah which website be jollof? :shock:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Flex Swift wrote:This is very positive. Anyone is far better the Akpeyi.
... very positive indeed. I am beginning to feel happy hearing the names of the keepers to be invited to camp and tried.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

truetalk wrote: I think I was officially the first person to mention Maduka Okoye on this forum (Since Patrick has left, I do my own research on SE options). And yes, I want a cookie.

Maybe some 18 or 19 year old in the NNL, NPFL or abroad (Maduka Okoye?) might emerge over the next 12 months, we’ll see.
Chief Trutalk, yes you did - plus other goalkeepers' names as well - while many people here (in the forum) said very little, except to hammer "Enyeama's name" into our heads repeatedly. With coach Rohr's statement if true, we are certainly heading in the RIGHT direction.

My belle is gladdened very well naw.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Odas wrote:
truetalk wrote: I think I was officially the first person to mention Maduka Okoye on this forum (Since Patrick has left, I do my own research on SE options). And yes, I want a cookie.

Chief Trutalk, yes you did - plus other goalkeepers' names as well - while many people here (in the forum) said very little, except to hammer "Enyeama's name" into our heads repeatedly. With coach Rohr's statement if true, we are certainly heading in the RIGHT direction.

My belle is gladdened very well naw.
Rohr has always said if Enyeama is fit then he'll be looked at.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024