LIVE @ KREMLIN 2018 WC DRAWS: Grp D: ARG, ICE, CRO, NGR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
LIVE @ KREMLIN 2018 WC DRAWS: Grp D: ARG, ICE, CRO, NGR

Post by anointed »

Read somewhere that NFF has a 9-man team heading for Moscow. What on earth are they going to do there? Is there a requirement for each country to form a 3x3 matrix at the Draws?

Seriously, I know FIFA would have communicated its requirements regarding how long each nation's wedding gown and bridal train at the Draws should be, and I guess even at 10 per each of the visiting 31 nations, the 6,000 capacity Kremlin arena should suffice but for the sake of judicious expenditure and war against jamborees, we don't need more than Pinick, Rohr & a marketing executive to be in Moscow. For crying out loud, they are just gonna be looking at just 8 pots and a screen all through...maybe do selfie ops. The more important thing will be to broker deals for friendlies and hospitality for Super Eagles.

That the likes of Seyi Akinwumi and Shehu Dikko will be on the plane is just Pinick preparing for a battle royal election against a more popular and APC-backed Maigari next year.
Last edited by anointed on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: THE 2018 WORLD CUP DRAWS @THE KREMLIN

Post by ohenhen1 »

Maigiri shouldn't contest. We need some one better. The current VP that runs the NPFl is a good candidate.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

anointed wrote:Read somewhere that NFF has a 9-man team heading for Moscow. What on earth are they going to do there? Is there a requirement for each country to form a 3x3 matrix at the Draws?

Seriously, I know FIFA would have communicated its requirements regarding how long each nation's wedding gown and bridal train at the Draws should be, and I guess even at 10 per each of the visiting 31 nations, the 6,000 capacity Kremlin arena should suffice but for the sake of judicious expenditure and war against jamborees, we don't need more than Pinick, Rohr & a marketing executive to be in Moscow. For crying out loud, they are just gonna be looking at just 8 pots and a screen all through...maybe do selfie ops. The more important thing will be to broker deals for friendlies and hospitality for Super Eagles.

That the likes of Seyi Akinwumi and Shehu Dikko will be on the plane is just Pinick preparing for a battle royal election against a more popular and APC-backed Maigari next year.
Anointed

Is Dikko not head of marketing committee?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

There is a lot to do at the draws:

[1] Negotiate friendlies with other federations who will be at the draw
[2] See if any new marketing deals can be picked up on the sidelines
[3] View the Russian facilities in details
[4] Check out the locations where your team will be based
[5] Agree on a main camp site
[6] Reach agreement with any local vendors or temporary staff you want to hire
[7] Go over every logistical detail with a fine toothcomb, dotting ever I and crossing every T
[8] If you want to do as Germany did in 2014, shipping over their entire camp, this is the opportunity to look for a good location for it
[9] Use this as an opportunity to address the issue of racism among Russian fans. All nine members should go out and listen to what the fans are saying to get a feel for their prejudice
[10] Work on security arrangements. if Nigeria is drawn in the same group as say England or Russia for instance, our fans will need police protection. This is not a laughing matter
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Enugu II wrote:
anointed wrote:Read somewhere that NFF has a 9-man team heading for Moscow. What on earth are they going to do there? Is there a requirement for each country to form a 3x3 matrix at the Draws?

Anointed

Is Dikko not head of marketing committee?
Dikko is head of LMC.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:There is a lot to do at the draws:

[7] Go over every logistical detail with a fine toothcomb, dotting ever I and crossing every T
[8] If you want to do as Germany did in 2014, shipping over their entire camp, this is the opportunity to look for a good location for it
[9] Use this as an opportunity to address the issue of racism among Russian fans. All nine members should go out and listen to what the fans are saying to get a feel for their prejudice
[10] Work on security arrangements. if Nigeria is drawn in the same group as say England or Russia for instance, our fans will need police protection. This is not a laughing matter
These are mostly the jobs of consultants, not NFF staff who neither have knowledge of the Russian terrain nor speak Russian.

Per visiting stadia, you can only know the stadia you will play after the Draws and what's the point in assessing the stadia when league matches are still gonna be played and over 6 months ahead of schedule?

NFF needs to engage a consultant to help look for hotel options and possibly make reservations. The options, based on our first round locations, can be checked out in later alongside the pitches. Rohr's co currence should matter not lackeys.

If we are sending 9 people to the draws, we'd be preparing 90 officials for the WC.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Less than 24 hours to go
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

anointed wrote:Less than 24 hours to go

IF YOU DON'T MIND...

...could you post the time? Thanks.
Bell
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Bell wrote:
anointed wrote:Less than 24 hours to go

IF YOU DON'T MIND...

...could you post the time? Thanks.
Bell
3pm Naija time
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Robotnik
Egg
Egg
Re: LIVE @ KREMLIN 2018 WC DRAWS: Grp *: ---, ---, ---, Nige

Post by Robotnik »

Russia
Spain
Costa Rica
Nigeria

Done deal!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Argentina
Croatia
Iran
Nigeria

I MISSED IT BY ONE TEAM! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Last edited by Undertaker on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Brazil
Croatia
Costa Ricca
Nigeria
Goldenera94
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Based on FIFA mock draw simulation, I see Iran in Nigerias group more than anything else
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Would have a flutter on 2 of the following.

Russia
Sweden
Uruguay

(Though Belgium and Colombia, keeping coming to mind).
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Poland
Colombia
Denmark
Nigeria
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^who is the seeded team here? Poland?
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Coach wrote:^who is the seeded team here? Poland?
yup
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

[/video]
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

According to the Daily Mirror:
What's the worst possible draw for England?

Based on the October FIFA rankings it would be Germany, Costa Rica and Nigeria. There are other nightmare scenarios too though - Brazil, Sweden and Nigeria would also be pretty unpalatable.
I'm glad they are at least acknowledging that Nigeria has potential to lambast them.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Four groups the World Cup could do with:

Italy
USA
Cameroon
Paraguay

Holland
Ireland
Ivory Coast
Bolivia

Chile
Ghana
Romania
New Zealand

Austria
Greece
Algeria
Ecuador
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:There is a lot to do at the draws:

I concur with you on this Ayo.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Four groups the World Cup could do with:

Italy
USA
Cameroon
Paraguay

Holland
Ireland
Ivory Coast
Bolivia

Chile
Ghana
Romania
New Zealand

Austria
Greece
Algeria
Ecuador
Why do we keep dwelling on teams that didn't qualify? Haba...Lets move on and focus on teams that earned this stripes...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger