ROHR ON GKS: Uzoho, Alampasu, & Okoye.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR ON GKS: Uzoho, Alampasu, & Okoye.....

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:
Odas wrote: Oga Danfo driver! Thanks a lot for these points. Their lack of "foresight" makes them not see far from their noses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My brother, na end of month. Rent, bills, in-laws have sent message from village, and madam suppose enter market tomorrow for Christmas shopping. Today is critical, financially. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are you guys anti Enyeama in general or this version of Enyeama? If he gets healthy and starts getting playing time, performs excellently and was deemed good enough for a call up by the coach, will your stance change?

I just wanna know the main issues you guys have with the man. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Odas wrote: Oga Danfo driver! Thanks a lot for these points. Their lack of "foresight" makes them not see far from their noses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My brother, na end of month. Rent, bills, in-laws have sent message from village, and madam suppose enter market tomorrow for Christmas shopping. Today is critical, financially. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are you guys anti Enyeama in general or this version of Enyeama? If he gets healthy and starts getting playing time, performs excellently and was deemed good enough for a call up by the coach, will your stance change?

My conscience has always been clear with Enyeama. when Ayo used to call him Enyamayama, I supported him. I have nothing against Enyeama, personally.

For me, there are two issue here:

1. He has retired from Nigeria, and I am one who always wish retirees good luck in their future endeavors. Do you remember when Okocha retired and we continued to beg him like dogs to come back and the man was using us to play kondo? My own is simple. Once you have retired, God bless you and best wishes.

Dont also forget that when he retired, we were in deep trouble. Struggling badly and he was the captain. He chose to leave at that time. No hard feelings. Agains, I wish him well.

2. I am afraid! I am scared stiff of this team that has so much promise being dragged down by arrogance, insolence and a bigmanism. for the first time, we have a Peace Corps team, as Pa Jeun Ko Ku calls it, and we used our peace to slap the likes of Argentina, Algeria and Cameroon. We are at peace and we love it! Remember what happened when we were at peace and the wicked wizards pressured Keshi to go and recall Osaze? What happened?? Osaze slapped a teammate at the World Cup!

I DONT WANT PALAVA, my brother! I have just seen us go through this same motion over and over and over again. We qualify with a Peace Corp team, and then you have wizard who are so unhappy with our success and they want anarchy, so they pressure the coach to invite their clients who then end up destroying the team.

I am a very good man. I made an honest offer to these people some weeks ago. We have tried it your way for many years and we end up with humiliation. Why dont you guys just give us this one!! ONLY ONE WORLD CUP!! JUST GIVE US THIS ONE TO DO IT OUR WAY! WE PROMISE, After this one, we will let you guys have the next 50 world cups! You can sell the country as much as you like. its okay. but let us just do this 2018 one our own way and see if its good.

Bro, Am I a bad person? I sey I will give you 50 world cups, if you give me 1 world cup! is that too much??? Just one??

Now that I have explained my fears, to be specific with your question.

If Enyeama says he is no longer retired and he wants to come back. He plays regularly for his club and is on form. And Rohr decides to invite him:

1. I will not protest; and
2. I will not rejoice

I will remain indifferent and pray to God that there is not destruction of the team spirit we have build over the last year.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Odas, Rohr has always said if Enyeama is fit then he'll be looked at. Nna, how far? :D
Chief, let's wait and see! Unless, Chief Obong goes to "IKOT EKPENE", Enyeama will not be in Russia as a Super-eagles player :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am hoping that the next time they go, the dibia or whatever they call their native doctor for that side will demand Maceo's head on a platter in order to do the juju. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
And the fact that you are so against Super Eagles players shows the position you've taken is influenced by "faulty thinking". I'm not pro-Enyeama, I'm just going off what OUR coach has been saying and I will stand by what the coach of the Super Eagles is saying. You guys stand against it and against what the coach thinks will better our team, so it shows that your focus is on a particular player and not what is actually good for the team. How can someone who stands by what the actual person WE entrusted to lead and guide our team be anti-our team? Does that make any sense to you? In the same vein Rohr must be anti-Super Eagles for continuing to consider Enyeama.
Bro, Enyeama has RETIRED! HE IS NO LONGER A SUPER EAGLES PLAYER! I dont know why you dont want to accept it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Odas, Rohr has always said if Enyeama is fit then he'll be looked at. Nna, how far? :D
Chief, let's wait and see! Unless, Chief Obong goes to "IKOT EKPENE", Enyeama will not be in Russia as a Super-eagles player :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So you are praying that he doesn't find a club and get fit? You people sef! :boo: :boo:
... your statement is a clear example of why we have issues here. Where in any of my posts did I suggest or say what you stated in your post above? My position has been and remains that Enyeama is RETIRED from our national team (the Super-eagles) and as a result, should STAY away from the team - whether with club or not. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maceo dey fear the word, RETIRED, because if Enyeama is truly retired....o pa ri o! How is he going to survive? School fees for children is due in January. Not to talk of christmas shopping. One native fowl is 2 thousand naira.. just one! then you come add jollof rice to the mix.... since na yam and palm oil dem chop for Independence day and madam don warn the guy already that it will not repeat itself for Christmas. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
So you are praying that he doesn't find a club and get fit? You people sef! :boo: :boo:
... your statement is a clear example of why we have issues here. Where in any of my posts did I suggest or say what you stated in your post above? My position has been and remains that Enyeama is RETIRED from our national team (the Super-eagles) and as a result, should STAY away from the team - whether with club or not. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Please Odas, join me in prayer, let God intercede on OUR behalf and help our brother Vince recover from his injury, and may God's divine footsteps lead him to a top notch club!!!! Odas, I can't hear you, this is where you say "Amen"!!!! Haba now? :mad: :mad: :mad:
Amen, but NOT as a member of the Super-eagles, he is RETIRED. Thus, good luck to him in all of his endeavors, except becoming a member of our national team. He retired out of his won accord. :lol: :lol:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Is Okoye his team's first choice GK?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Odas wrote:Chief Trutalk, yes you did - plus other goalkeepers' names as well - while many people here (in the forum) said very little, except to hammer "Enyeama's name" into our heads repeatedly. With coach Rohr's statement if true, we are certainly heading in the RIGHT direction.

My belle is gladdened very well naw.
Rohr has always said if Enyeama is fit then he'll be looked at.
Exactly, not sure why what Rohr said here would gladden someone who is anti Enyeama...your only prayer can be that he shouldn't get fit before the WC, b/c if he does Rohr is calling the bobo...
UNFORTUNATELY for you, none of us are anti-Enyeama. We are Pro-Super Eagles.
If you were Pro-Super Eagles you would be pro-Enyeama, so its clear where you stand...
... and that is exactly the problem. To state because one is NOT "pro Enyeama" means the person is against the Super Eagles shows the position you've taken is influenced by "faulty thinking."
And the fact that you are so against Super Eagles players shows the position you've taken is influenced by "faulty thinking". I'm not pro-Enyeama, I'm just going off what OUR coach has been saying and I will stand by what the coach of the Super Eagles is saying. You guys stand against it and against what the coach thinks will better our team, so it shows that your focus is on a particular player and not what is actually good for the team. How can someone who stands by what the actual person WE entrusted to lead and guide our team be anti-our team? Does that make any sense to you? In the same vein Rohr must be anti-Super Eagles for continuing to consider Enyeama.
Maceo4, please name any player I am against - apart from your CLIENT Enyeama? Why you are ignoring the fact Enyeama is RETIRED beats me. Is it because he pays your RENT? :lol: :lol: Sorry Sir, but your client, on his own "freewill" told us he has RETIRED from the Super-eagles. What is the big deal now? :shock: :shock:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Chief Cito! The issue is, "Enyeama retired" from the team on his own will. He was never asked to leave the team in anyway. He ABANDONED the team when we needed him the most. Like I said before, I dare say Enyeama was one of the reasons Egypt beat us to the just concluded AFCON tournament. What does he or his AGENTS want now? Do they want to destroy our team or what?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:

Maceo dey fear the word, RETIRED, because if Enyeama is truly retired....o pa ri o! How is he going to survive? School fees for children is due in January. Not to talk of christmas shopping. One native fowl is 2 thousand naira.. just one! then you come add jollof rice to the mix.... since na yam and palm oil dem chop for Independence day and madam don warn the guy already that it will not repeat itself for Christmas. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Chei, this is good stuff! Thanks a lot Danfo driver
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

My conscience has always been clear with Enyeama. when Ayo used to call him Enyamayama, I supported him. I have nothing against Enyeama, personally.

For me, there are two issue here:

1. He has retired from Nigeria, and I am one who always wish retirees good luck in their future endeavors. Do you remember when Okocha retired and we continued to beg him like dogs to come back and the man was using us to play kondo? My own is simple. Once you have retired, God bless you and best wishes.

Dont also forget that when he retired, we were in deep trouble. Struggling badly and he was the captain. He chose to leave at that time. No hard feelings. Agains, I wish him well.

2. I am afraid! I am scared stiff of this team that has so much promise being dragged down by arrogance, insolence and a bigmanism. for the first time, we have a Peace Corps team, as Pa Jeun Ko Ku calls it, and we used our peace to slap the likes of Argentina, Algeria and Cameroon. We are at peace and we love it! Remember what happened when we were at peace and the wicked wizards pressured Keshi to go and recall Osaze? What happened?? Osaze slapped a teammate at the World Cup!

I DONT WANT PALAVA, my brother! I have just seen us go through this same motion over and over and over again. We qualify with a Peace Corp team, and then you have wizard who are so unhappy with our success and they want anarchy, so they pressure the coach to invite their clients who then end up destroying the team.

I am a very good man. I made an honest offer to these people some weeks ago. We have tried it your way for many years and we end up with humiliation. Why dont you guys just give us this one!! ONLY ONE WORLD CUP!! JUST GIVE US THIS ONE TO DO IT OUR WAY! WE PROMISE, After this one, we will let you guys have the next 50 world cups! You can sell the country as much as you like. its okay. but let us just do this 2018 one our own way and see if its good.

Bro, Am I a bad person? I sey I will give you 50 world cups, if you give me 1 world cup! is that too much??? Just one??

Now that I have explained my fears, to be specific with your question.

If Enyeama says he is no longer retired and he wants to come back. He plays regularly for his club and is on form. And Rohr decides to invite him:

1. I will not protest; and
2. I will not rejoice

I will remain indifferent and pray to God that there is not destruction of the team spirit we have build over the last year.
... they saw the offer, read it, yet refused to accept or reject it. It makes me wonder why the constant PUSH for Enyeama's return even when it is clear his presence in the team will be a liability based on his past attitudes on our coaches.

Like Danfo driver said in above, if coach Rohr decides to invite Enyeama, there is nothing any of us will do about it, but I am hoping it doesn't happen (Chief Obong - be careful - Sir :tic:). As a retired player, Enyeama should man his comfortable seats at home, cut his Okra and watch the REAL Super-eagles players (peacemakers) do wonders on the pitch in Russia.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Odas wrote:
truetalk wrote: I think I was officially the first person to mention Maduka Okoye on this forum (Since Patrick has left, I do my own research on SE options). And yes, I want a cookie.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=281098&p=5044593&hi ... u#p5044593
Maybe some 18 or 19 year old in the NNL, NPFL or abroad (Maduka Okoye?) might emerge over the next 12 months, we’ll see.
Chief Trutalk, yes you did - plus other goalkeepers' names as well - while many people here (in the forum) said very little, except to hammer "Enyeama's name" into our heads repeatedly. With coach Rohr's statement if true, we are certainly heading in the RIGHT direction.

Chief Odas get cement for head whenever he reads Enyeama's name for site.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Kai, Chief Cellular na me you finish so?

Well, Enyeama need to leave us alone. In fact, he need to take the Podium and announce to his AGENTS or houseboys he is still RETIRED and is NOT coming back.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Odas wrote:
truetalk wrote: I think I was officially the first person to mention Maduka Okoye on this forum (Since Patrick has left, I do my own research on SE options). And yes, I want a cookie.

Maybe some 18 or 19 year old in the NNL, NPFL or abroad (Maduka Okoye?) might emerge over the next 12 months, we’ll see.
Chief Trutalk, yes you did - plus other goalkeepers' names as well - while many people here (in the forum) said very little, except to hammer "Enyeama's name" into our heads repeatedly. With coach Rohr's statement if true, we are certainly heading in the RIGHT direction.

Well, Enyeama need to leave us alone. In fact, he need to take the Podium and announce to his AGENTS or houseboys he is still RETIRED and is NOT coming back.
But he said he will consider coming back to compete for a place ONLY if he regains form nah.

So a man is not allowed to change his mind again?
Did you not quit CE one time like that wey you vex, but are now back here giving us pro-Enyeama=pro-SE fans serious headache?
And you are not even offering us panadol. :tic:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Odas wrote:

But he said he will consider coming back to compete for a place ONLY if he regains form nah.

Did you not quit CE one time like that wey you vex, but are now back here giving us pro-Enyeama=pro-SE fans serious headache?
Chief Damunk: No, I have NEVER quit CE. I have been here since 1996 when I first (accidentally) ran into the Site. Again, I have been here EVER since 1996.

On another front, yes a person is allowed to change his mind at anytime, but it must be done in an equal force in comparison to the way the departure was announced - in this case. Enyeama took the stage to announced his retirement (voluntarily), I think he should also take the same stage to announce his will or wish to return and with apology to his fellow citizens. He should also guarantee us he will not cause commotion in the team. Are those things (steps) hard to do/take?

Finally, if I am NOT pro-Super-eagles (SE), I would not have taken this position about Enyeama. In fact, I believe I am more pro-SE than many of you pro-Enyeama(s).
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Odas wrote:

Chief Damunk: No, I have NEVER quit CE. I have been here since 1996 when I first (accidentally) ran into the Site. Again, I have been here EVER since 1996.

On another front, yes a person is allowed to change his mind at anytime, but it must be done in an equal force in comparison to the way the departure was announced - in this case. Enyeama took the stage to announced his retirement (voluntarily), I think he should also take the same stage to announce his will or wish to return and with apology to his fellow citizens. He should also guarantee us he will not cause commotion in the team. Are those things (steps) hard to do/take?

Finally, if I am NOT pro-Super-eagles (SE), I would not have taken this position about Enyeama. In fact, I believe I am more pro-SE than many of you pro-Enyeama(s).
Odas, I just dey pull your leg.
I know say you have never quit CE, but I just dey try my luck, you never know! :rotf: :rotf:
But anyway, we all love the SE and have different views on the best team to achieve the results.

I have three 'old timers' on my radar for Russia
Enyeama
Joel Obi and
Obafemi Martins.

IF they are in top form (and performing better than their direct competitors) I will not have any problem with them making the final squad.

I am assuming that the day we lift that WC in Moscow, with Enyeama saving a last-minute penalty vs Germany, Martins scoring a scorching left footer and Joel Obi completely bossing the midfield with namesake Mikel, you will join me for Isiewu and Gulder abi? :P
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:Odas, I just dey pull your leg.
I know say you have never quit CE, but I just dey try my luck, you never know! :rotf: :rotf:
But anyway, we all love the SE and have different views on the best team to achieve the results.

Enyeama
Joel Obi and
Obafemi Martins.

IF they are in top form (and performing better than their direct competitors) I will not have any problem with them making the final squad.

I am assuming that the day we lift that WC in Moscow, with Enyeama saving a last-minute penalty vs Germany, Martins scoring a scorching left footer and Joel Obi completely bossing the midfield with namesake Mikel, you will join me for Isiewu and Gulder abi? :P
And who has paid for this? Odas is a man of integrity. he is not going to share in the meal paid for by your clients. I trust him!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Cellular wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Odas wrote: Chief Trutalk, yes you did - plus other goalkeepers' names as well - while many people here (in the forum) said very little, except to hammer "Enyeama's name" into our heads repeatedly. With coach Rohr's statement if true, we are certainly heading in the RIGHT direction.

Odas, I just dey pull your leg.
I know say you have never quit CE, but I just dey try my luck, you never know!
:rotf: :rotf:

Enyeama
Joel Obi and
Obafemi Martins.

Chei, Oga Damunk, you get me well-well on dat one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:

Enyeama
Joel Obi and
Obafemi Martins.

And who has paid for this? Odas is a man of integrity. he is not going to share in the meal paid for by your clients. I trust him!
Yep! Chief Danfo-driver is very correct :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

danfo driver wrote:
Odas wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Odas wrote:

:lol: this man sef :laugh:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:

Enyeama
Joel Obi and
Obafemi Martins.

Mechonu my friend!
Show your face for here make we know the person wey dey always complain say "Gulder dey too bitter". :lol: