Argentina Again!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: Argentina Again!

Post by Goldleaf »

Argentina
Iceland
Croatia
Nigeria

This is one tough group and on paper, the rest will see Nigeria as the fall guys. We need 2 strong friendlies; aganst Germany and England or Serbia to get us thinking. It's about bloody time we beat Argentina in the World Cup.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goldleaf wrote:Argentina
Iceland
Croatia
Nigeria

This is one tough group and on paper, the rest will see Nigeria as the fall guys. We need 2 strong friendlies; aganst Germany and England or Serbia to get us thinking. It's about bloody time we beat Argentina in the World Cup.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Including the Argentina we just gave the beating of their lives? You guys make me laugh. The problem is that you guys dont have respect for your own. If you go to Argentina, Croatian or Icelands group, I am sure their fans are shaking... scared of Nigeria! But look around here! The disrespect is nauseating.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

danfo driver wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Argentina
Iceland
Croatia
Nigeria

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Including the Argentina we just gave the beating of their lives? You guys make me laugh. The problem is that you guys dont have respect for your own. If you go to Argentina, Croatian or Icelands group, I am sure their fans are shaking... scared of Nigeria! But look around here! The disrespect is nauseating.
Global analysts go with pedigree, bros. They are already calling Group D, the "Group of death." It's only the analysts that delve deep into the regional qualifiers that offer far more insightful perspectives. Having said all that, the description of Nigeria SE remains the same and I have just heard it again and again; we are classed as an unknown quantity and the common phrase is "you just don't know which Nigeria that will show up." If the Nigeria that beat Bulgaria in '94 and Spain in '98 turn up, the world will have some fun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Nigeria and Argentina

Post by Tobi17 »

Nigeria and Argentina should just go on a "football date" already, going by the rate at which we always draw each other, it won't be far fetched to assume maybe we both have a similar destiny in always meeting each other... how many consecutive world cup rows have we met Argentina already? tbh it's becoming almost predictable and boring, good thing we are probably the only African team that knows how to give Argentina serious headaches, the team to beat in our group is Croatia.

on a side note let Rohr start a "Take out Messi 101" session with the national team, once we mark him out and hopefully frustrate the little wizard... then we surely have Argentina in out pockets, Nigeria can't always be Messi's b*#ch all the time.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

I'm very tired of this ish!! It doesn't matter whether we can beat them or not but how is it statistically possible to always be in damn same group as Argentina all the time?? :mad: :mad: :mad:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

SylverEagles wrote:I'm very tired of this ish!! It doesn't matter whether we can beat them or not but how is it statistically possible to always be in damn same group as Argentina all the time?? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Due to the low probability of getting 2 European team from pot 2 and pot 3 in the same group, this group was one of the many least likely scenarios. We could have also been in Morocco's group.
Regional groupings makes this a possibility regardless
In my permutations Nigeria should be with Russia, Uruguay, but once Egypt got that group then it was either Spain, Iran, Nigeria/Morocco. That did not happen either.
db10
Egg
Egg

Post by db10 »

may be Nigeria should have lost the friendly and be underestimated
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

db10 wrote:may be Nigeria should have lost the friendly and be underestimated
As opposed to winning the friendly and

1. giving confidence to your players;

2. putting the fear of God in your opponent?

:roll: :roll: :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Nigeria is better suited to big names. We tend to judge teams on paper before we play them; i.e. Denmark in 1998. Argentina and Croatia I am sure they will be mentally ready. Iceland, I am not sure; but, I hope so.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria and Argentina

Post by kolinzo »

Tobi17 wrote:Nigeria and Argentina should just go on a "football date" already, going by the rate at which we always draw each other, it won't be far fetched to assume maybe we both have a similar destiny in always meeting each other... how many consecutive world cup rows have we met Argentina already? tbh it's becoming almost predictable and boring, good thing we are probably the only African team that knows how to give Argentina serious headaches, the team to beat in our group is Croatia.

on a side note let Rohr start a "Take out Messi 101" session with the national team, once we mark him out and hopefully frustrate the little wizard... then we surely have Argentina in out pockets, Nigeria can't always be Messi's b*#ch all the time.
Truth be told Nigeria has always been Argentina's biatch! One would think this should be a rivalry game but there is no such thing here because Argentina has won every game we've played them at the WC. Since we've been going to world cup, the only time we didn't face Argentina was in 1998. I'm sure Argentina is not loosing any sleep facing Nigeria. I have counted this as a loss. My hope now is on winning against Croatia and Iceland.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I am sick of the Argies. Really badly wanted England as it would have been fun to see our guys playing against some of their club team-mates and former international teammates at U21 level.