Who else listened to Alan Shearer during the draw?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Who else listened to Alan Shearer during the draw?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

(1) He is one of our biggest fans at the moment
(2) Do you know he tipped Nigeria as a dark horse to go on and win the whole tournament
(3) Like me, he said he does not see Argentina making it from the group
(4) Where I disagree with him though is where he tipped Croatia to win the group
(5) Shearer clearly watched our 4-2 win over Argentina and has seen them struggle in the qualifiers
(6) I remember this same Shearer being asked in 2014 if any African team would make an impact and he emphatically replied: “I just do not see it.”
(7) Clearly Shearer believes we are better than Argentina and Iceland
(8) I would love to hear his views on our pace and counter attacks
(9) Maybe if we beat England on a friendly he will upgrade us to group winners
(10) I can see he is not alone. Normally, the British Media is dismissive of Nigeria but this time around there is a lot of respect. It is amazing what one friendly victory can do
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who else listened to Alan Shearer during the draw?

Post by Cristao II »

Alan has no clue about football off the pitch.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cristao II wrote:Alan has no clue about football off the pitch.
But football is played on the pitch!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) He is one of our biggest fans at the moment
(2) Do you know he tipped Nigeria as a dark horse to go on and win the whole tournament
(4) Where I disagree with him though is where he tipped Croatia to win the group
(5) Shearer clearly watched our 4-2 win over Argentina and has seen them struggle in the qualifiers
(6) I remember this same Shearer being asked in 2014 if any African team would make an impact and he emphatically replied: “I just do not see it.”
(10) I can see he is not alone. Normally, the British Media is dismissive of Nigeria but this time around there is a lot of respect. It is amazing what one friendly victory can do
After much criticisms, Shearer has been trying to educate himself and improve as a pundit. However, it still does not hide the fact that his knowledge is considerably shallow.

Most of these pundits have seen us during the WCQs and like many have noted, that game against Argentina was not a friendly, consequently, their respect for Nigeria has grown.

Now we must live up to expectations.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Waffiman wrote:
After much criticisms, Shearer has been trying to educate himself and improve as a pundit. However, it still does not hide the fact that his knowledge is considerably shallow.

Most of these pundits have seen us during the WCQs and like many have noted, that game against Argentina was not a friendly, consequently, their respect for Nigeria has grown.

Now we must live up to expectations.
Yes o. We owe Pele one. He stick his neck out for us and we left him with egg on our face.

I do not know why some of our people dislike Shearer. Even when he has been critical of Nigeria, I have found his reasoning sound as he has always backed up his arguments with sound logic.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

e-post card from Yemen

Hi all at CE
I'm missing you all, well, some of you - lets be honest some of you are just pricks :boo:
Anywayz, I'm having a lovely time with bombs dropping everywhere around me.
The locals cannot stop staring at me, not sure whether it's my blackness or they love the House of Saudi T Shirt I'm rocking.
I met some guys earlier, they said they are IS, I didn't want to sound ignorant and ask them what that means but I just take it to mean Islam. They asked me if I was having a good time, I told them I'm feeling very gay right now. You'd think they'd be happy for me being happy in their country.

Anywayz, how are you guys coping with Ayo since the draw? How many threads has he opened? I'm not coming back until a day before our opening match.
I'll be heading across to Saudi Arabia and Iran on a cycle, naked and singing George Bush'e praise.

I feel sorry for you all and what you're going through with Ayo. You should have been here with me - The safest place right now.

Until my next postcard - PS, keep Ayo there with you.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

I strongly believe Croatia will win the group. They are a good side and one of the teams i wanted us to avoid.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sir V wrote:
I strongly believe Croatia will win the group. They are a good side and one of the teams i wanted us to avoid.
Do you know there were in the same qualification group as Iceland and came second?
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Do you know there were in the same qualification group as Iceland and came second?
Ayo, football nor be mathematics. Iceland could be soundly beaten by Croatia if they meet again. Nigeria must not lose to Iceland and Croatia if we want to qualify to the next round.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo, football nor be mathematics. Iceland could be soundly beaten by Croatia if they meet again. Nigeria must not lose to Iceland and Croatia if we want to qualify to the next round.
By the time the World Cup starts, this will be the ages of Croatia's star players:

Luca Modric -32
Ivan Rakitić - 30
Mario Mandžukić - 32
Nikola Kalinić - 30
Ivan Perišić - 29

They will not be able to deal with our pace! By the time they attack, we will have had defenders back in place.

Nothing about this Croatia teams fears me. Watch us tear them apart on the counter-attack as we did with Cameroon and Argentina
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Lol! Is it a relay race? How fast were the two finalists last time out? Was it not Musa who could catch pigeons 4 years ago? Pace is nothing without precision. Theo Walcott, Kyle Walker, Raheem Sterling, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jamie Vardy, Danny Rose. World Cup winners presumably? Give it a rest, pace will prove useless without precision in its handling.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ayo for the record you are not the only one that thinks Argentina wouldn't make it out of the group...I don't think they will make it out either.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I prefer that we move under the radar. All this craving for other people's respect get as e be.

Wha choo looking at?!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Wait o, you mean Shearer based his hypothesis on atching the same team you claimed is not fit and in no shape to face the big guns in the WC :blink: :dream: Now an Oyinbo has endorsed Rohr's team and tactics and all of a sudden you are singing a new tune..... talk about flip flopping
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:
Wait o, you mean Shearer based his hypothesis on atching the same team you claimed is not fit and in no shape to face the big guns in the WC :blink: :dream: Now an Oyinbo has endorsed Rohr's team and tactics and all of a sudden you are singing a new tune..... talk about flip flopping
If you cannot debate in an adult, logical and intelligent manner please refrain from responding to what i post. We cannot afford your infantile and unintelligent diatribes with the serious task ahead.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
If you cannot debate in an adult, logical and intelligent manner please refrain from responding to what i post. We cannot afford your infantile and unintelligent diatribes with the serious task ahead.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

pajimoh wrote:e-post card from Yemen

Hi all at CE
I'm missing you all, well, some of you - lets be honest some of you are just pricks :boo:
The locals cannot stop staring at me, not sure whether it's my blackness or they love the House of Saudi T Shirt I'm rocking.
I met some guys earlier, they said they are IS, I didn't want to sound ignorant and ask them what that means but I just take it to mean Islam. They asked me if I was having a good time, I told them I'm feeling very gay right now. You'd think they'd be happy for me being happy in their country.

Anywayz, how are you guys coping with Ayo since the draw? How many threads has he opened? I'm not coming back until a day before our opening match.
I'll be heading across to Saudi Arabia and Iran on a cycle, naked and singing George Bush'e praise.

I feel sorry for you all and what you're going through with Ayo. You should have been here with me - The safest place right now.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ayo, I don't think the "friendly victory" we had over Argentina is making (some) pundits give us some respect; rather, I believe it is the way we did it. Except for a blind individual, we took Argentina to the bathroom in the second half of the game, granted Messi wasn't available to them.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:e-post card from Yemen

Hi all at CE

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No wa-ooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Scipio Africanus wrote: I prefer that we move under the radar. All this craving for other people's respect get as e be.
... thank you - bro! I prefer we do our thing as secretive as possible and shock many teams when the time comes.

Like you said, all these praises or recognition get as e be, me I no like-am
Last edited by Odas on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Alan has no clue about football off the pitch.
But football is played on the pitch!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote: I prefer that we move under the radar. All this craving for other people's respect get as e be.
... thank you - bro! I prefer we do our think as secretive as possible and shock many teams when the time comes.

Like you said, all these praises or recognition get as e be, me I no like-am
At some point in our football life as a nation we have to be able to rightfully sit at the table with the best in the world. We can't be living as underdogs for ever.

It is either we want respect or we don't.
All this not wanting recognition indicates we are not yet convinced we are qualified to be invited to the party. Its like we want to sneak in unnoticed and then wreak havoc like an opportunistic thief.

Yes, there might be an advantage to that approach but it works both ways. Earning respect means that teams do not jump on you like some prostitute, but would rather give you a chance to introduce yourself and see what you can do. Because if they jump on you, the fear is that you just might give them a dirty slap. So they won't.

But if that respect you are given proves to be undeserved, they will Harvey Weinstein you with no comebacks.

So which one do we want? :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Give me a break... The number of times you said the team that qualified isn't good enough to participate in the world cup. So what exactly has changed?