Do you like the way draw is being conducted?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Do you like the way draw is being conducted?

Post by Benedict Iroha »

After looking at group A...

Why not do the draw like NBA lottery ...let the machine spin the ball and roll them out.

joao
Egg
Egg
Re: Do you like the way draw is being conducted?

Post by joao »

You have to realize there is money involved, thus the need to consider match-ups that will be more appealing to the
fans of the sport, and get fans of rich teams to spend more. Imagine if the machine spits out Germany, Brazil, Spain,
and Nigeria in Group A
. What about a bracket that allows a semi-final of Panama and Iceland? Worse yet, replace hosts
Russia with Germany in the proposed group A above, which would likely translate to the hosts watching their guests perform after
the first round.
Bro., draws like the NBA lottery would ruin the competition and festival atmosphere intended for the world cup.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I’m questioning this Fifa organization and their draw process because there’s no way a team like Nigeria should be facing Argentina in the group stage 5 times in 24 years. I believe that politicians, betting syndicates are all involved in this Fifa draw.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Joso if Fifa wants to break out of its comfort zone and wants a new team besides the usual “big boys” to win the World Cup then there shouldn’t be any seeding. Just place all 32 teams in one bracket and draw 4 of them each if there are marquee line up at group stage that’s absolutely okay. It’s time for a new team to experience the power of winning a World Cup
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

john12 wrote:I’m questioning this Fifa organization and their draw process because there’s no way a team like Nigeria should be facing Argentina in the group stage 5 times in 24 years. I believe that politicians, betting syndicates are all involved in this Fifa draw.
:lol:

I don't think so. What do they have to gain?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Money Money, Economy power and more money. What else do you think
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

joao wrote:You have to realize there is money involved, thus the need to consider match-ups that will be more appealing to the
fans of the sport, and get fans of rich teams to spend more. Imagine if the machine spits out Germany, Brazil, Spain,
and Nigeria in Group A
. What about a bracket that allows a semi-final of Panama and Iceland? Worse yet, replace hosts
Russia with Germany in the proposed group A above, which would likely translate to the hosts watching their guests perform after
the first round.
Bro., draws like the NBA lottery would ruin the competition and festival atmosphere intended for the world cup.
No, the Ranking still stands but the rest of the draw is what I am talking about...Nothing will change in the Pot 1-4 of the deserving to be in the individual pots.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

john12 wrote:I’m questioning this Fifa organization and their draw process because there’s no way a team like Nigeria should be facing Argentina in the group stage 5 times in 24 years. I believe that politicians, betting syndicates are all involved in this Fifa draw.
4 out 5 times in this millennium.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
4 out 5 times in this millennium.

Hopefully, that would give the SE enough practice to finally beat a S. American team. At least its not Brazil.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

But I wonder the logic the Argentines had in playing a friendly with SE. Odds are there for all to see.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Super eagles problem against Argentina has always been Messi. We seem to over respect Messi any time we face Argentina. Hopefully, we can play anti football this time
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

john12 wrote:Super eagles problem against Argentina has always been Messi. We seem to over respect Messi any time we face Argentina. Hopefully, we can play anti football this time

So Messi, played in 1994 and 2002 too?

Abegii :lol:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

True, our problem against Argentina transcends Messi but in the last 2 times at wc it has been Messi vs Enyeama
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I stumbled onto the last WC again, wow...SE could have beaten them. anyway they could have beaten so many other times too :lol:
I think this team has a very good chance this time, if they can continue to control their exuberance.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

ANC stop lying we couldn’t had beaten them the last time. Infact, enyeama had to pull another MOM to keep that scoreline respectable. Go and rewatch the 10 minutes highlights on YouTube then respond
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I just did. The score was 2-3, no?

The last time I checked a goalkeeper is still part of a team.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

john12 wrote:ANC stop lying we couldn’t had beaten them the last time. Infact, enyeama had to pull another MOM to keep that scoreline respectable. Go and rewatch the 10 minutes highlights on YouTube then respond
... without Enyeama, we probably would have conceded 10 goals in 2010 match with Argentina. The game was basically between Enyeama and Messi
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Odas wrote:
john12 wrote:ANC stop lying we couldn’t had beaten them the last time. Infact, enyeama had to pull another MOM to keep that scoreline respectable. Go and rewatch the 10 minutes highlights on YouTube then respond
... without Enyeama, we probably would have conceded 10 goals in 2010 match with Argentina. The game was basically between Enyeama and Messi

Without Messi, Argentina would probably have not scored a single goal.

Bros na wetin, are you guys okay
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

john12 wrote:Joso if Fifa wants to break out of its comfort zone and wants a new team besides the usual “big boys” to win the World Cup then there shouldn’t be any seeding. Just place all 32 teams in one bracket and draw 4 of them each if there are marquee line up at group stage that’s absolutely okay. It’s time for a new team to experience the power of winning a World Cup
Other teams need to win the World Cup squarely through hard work. France did on 98 and Spain did it in 2010, so no one has any excuses.

Why should FIFA assist anyone? Would that not be unfair to those who won it through sheer hard work?

Teams that can win the World Cup in our lifetime include:
Holland
Nigeria
Mexico
South Africa
Egypt
Japan
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Odas wrote:
And without Messi, what would probably have happened?
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.