ATTENDING SE WC GAMES IN RUSSIA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ATTENDING SE WC GAMES IN RUSSIA

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

aruako1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
megapro wrote:I'm in!

We have till Wednesday to get tickets on this window from FIFA

Flixbus, Ferienbus or Touring bus from Berlin to Warsaw
$40.-- only
Take a flat for two weeks

Attend matches in Konigsberg and St Petersburg from there.
Stalingrad for Croatia is too far
Stalingrad (or Volgograd) is the big problem. I will fly to Gdansk and rent a car to Kalingrad for the first game and head back to London. St Petersburg for the 3rd game is easy as it is a 3.5 hour train from Helsinki which is a second home. Volgograd flight ticket prices are way too expensive.
Sounds like a good plan. How long is the drive from Gdansk? Hope those routes are safe now, and hopefully extra security measures are in place for the WC. Those routes used to be plagued by Polish and Russian gangs extorting from those who went to buy tokunbo from Germany :mad:
It is 168km from Gdansk. I haven't booked yet but if there are security concerns I'll not do it.
check online though...this is old info. This route appears to give you the shortest drive. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

This will be stressful oo
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

900 from Chicago to St. Pete... I will find my way around Russia from there... :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I think those who know these areas should get a viable plan together. Give us possible options, i am feeling aruako1 on this.

Secondly let those who want to go ,look at the options with the aim of trying to pool together and go as a group. It would be nice if we do it as a group. We have time to get this going. It could be the case say of meeting up Gdansk get a van or bus and hop the rest of the journey.

I would love to at least watch one match, and i am thinking of the one in St Petersbugh.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Larry Ashagbe 1
Egg
Egg

Post by Larry Ashagbe 1 »

nanijoe wrote:You should be able to get to Russia and back for $500 or less...Game 1 is appealing to me. I might just fly into Frankfurt or Poland and drive the rest of the way.

ohenhen1 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
K wrote:Whats the rough travel cost from the US?
about 1500 for a round trip flight.

Put it on the credit card
:sneaky:
Dear All & Nanijoe,

Good evening.

I am 95% certain that I will be in Russia.

I don’t have specific and detailed plans as of yet but I am definitely going to Russia and I am glad that some of you have chosen to come as well and we can all do the trip together.

I am contact with Peter Odemwingie and he has promised to HELP us with any assistance he can provide.

Osaze will be doing some media work in Russia at the WC but he does not know as of yet where he will be based.

I plan to be in Russia for all our matches and I will ONLY depart when we get knocked out of the competition, there will NOT be any return trips to London in between matches.

At least, that is the way I see it for now.

My contact number is 07956 883 464 and anyone with questions can call me and I will do my best to provide answers.

For me, I am not to bothered about tickets because I will get mine from some of the players but I will be making enquiries about tickets from the NFF over the next couple of days and I will get back to you.

It is NOT cheap to attend the WC and one has to have plenty of energy and be prepared to do some serious travelling and be flexible
to whatever situation one finds himself.

For the meantime, If you have any questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

I think those going can set up a Nigerian Whatsapp group conversation, it will really help by linking up to that number ^^

Good luck to you guys and be safe!
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

I was initially going, but a new eagle should have just landed for myself and madam, so its a no at the moment.

For those of you going, for the last world cup, a good trick I found out with each destination was that if you looked up the name of the airport you would land in on Wikipedia, it would tell you which airlines flew into that specific airport and what their original destination was. So if you take Kalingrad for instance, the table below will tell you where the flight comes from. So you could use a base that connects with the three cities or is one of the three cities and work your way from there. For Nigeria, it would make sense to base yourself in St Petersburg as we have a game there and the city has connections to the other cities as well.

Aeroflot Moscow–Sheremetyevo
Aeroflot operated by Rossiya Saint Petersburg
airBaltic Riga (resumes 16 April 2018)[2][3]
Belavia Minsk
Seasonal: Brest, Homiel, Hrodna, Vitebsk[4]
LOT Polish Airlines Warsaw–Chopin
RusLine Berlin–Tegel, Prague, Saint Petersburg
S7 Airlines Moscow–Domodedovo, Saint Petersburg[5]
Severstal Air Company Cherepovets
Ural Airlines Moscow–Domodedovo, Saint Petersburg, Yekaterinburg
Utair Moscow–Vnukovo
UVT Aero Kazan, Novy Urengoy, Ufa
Uzbekistan Airways Tashkent
Vueling Seasonal: Barcelona
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I'm more likely to find a flight under $500 to Frankfurt than to any of these other cities..we go dey look sha. Flying to Warsaw from Frankfurt also an option..or train to Berlin.
Also believe it or not I don drive almost reach Russia from Frankfurt before.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
nanijoe wrote:You should be able to get to Russia and back for $500 or less...Game 1 is appealing to me. I might just fly into Frankfurt or Poland and drive the rest of the way.

ohenhen1 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
K wrote:Whats the rough travel cost from the US?
about 1500 for a round trip flight.

Put it on the credit card
:sneaky:

thats a 12 hr drive from Frankfurt, my friend. Better to fly to Poland (Warsaw), and drive 4 hrs. Or 8hrs from Berlin.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I’m booked and ready to go.

Flying into Petersburg. Will land on the 21st. Hotel reservations complete till the 27th.

Larry, I’ll be saving your number! Please let us know as soon as u hear from NFF. I go still enter cue tomorrow for FIFA website.

I’m excited.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Anyone going from Nigeria, i am clueless on how to plan this trip. Can i fly to St. Pets. Base there and fly to and fro to the various venues?
Peter Obi For President 2023
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Babalawo wrote:Anyone going from Nigeria, i am clueless on how to plan this trip. Can i fly to St. Pets. Base there and fly to and fro to the various venues?
St Petersburg has good connections (I just prefer Helsinki as I lived there in the past). However the Volgograd tickets are not cheap.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote:brah i no dey go...not a fan of the nation Russia, me i go watch am for FS1/FS2 etc
Mtscheeeew!!! Since you set foot in Houston have you left the place? :-x

This is how they were talking bad about SA... then Brazil.

Every country that hosts the WC tries to put their best foot forward.

When brokeazz losers can't go they find excuses. Bro, there's no shame in being broke... saying that you can't go because you can't afford to.

You can still be Mikel Obi number one without having seen the bobo play live.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Cellular wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:brah i no dey go...not a fan of the nation Russia, me i go watch am for FS1/FS2 etc

When brokeazz losers can't go they find excuses. Bro, there's no shame in being broke... saying that you can't go because you can't afford to.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I am with Bigpockey on this one. Na for pepper soup joint I go watch all the matches!! :thumbs: :thumbs:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote:

Damn, that's harsh, so bobo has never even seen Mikel Obi live???? :woot: :scared: I thought I saw his turkey neck at some SE game, Mikel probably got the memo and skipped that one!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tips : Travel to 2018 World Cup in Russia

Post by Undertaker »

tfco..................... is he back from the dead?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ElHadary
Suspended Member
Re: Tips : Traveling to 2018 World Cup in Russia?????

Post by ElHadary »

World Cup in Russia is a logistical nightmare. Imagine having to travel 15 hours just to get from stadium to stadium.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I went to Moscow and St. Pete on holiday in 2013 and found the country to be dirt cheap. I cant remember the exact costs but an entire apartment in Moscow (AirBNB) was like $40 USD per night. Hotels in St. Pete were a bit more expensive. In all, in addition to accommodation, I only spent like $250 USD over 7 days including the train from Moscow to St. Pete (which is a very comfortable trip).

I imagine with the recent recession in Russia and the depreciation of the ruble, prices there are a bit lower. However, costs will likely go up during the WC. Nonetheless, I expect the WC in Russia to be far cheaper than what it was in Brazil which was surprisingly one of the most expensive places I have ever been to.

As far as having fun, I expect St. Pete to be more fun since all the action (tourist sites and bars) are located in one spot in the downtown core. Moscow is a great city but it is absolutely massive (I've never seen city streets with 12 lanes anywhere in the world). I suspect this will make it difficult to have fun in Moscow compared with a place like Rio where all the action was concentrated along the beach.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Heliopolis wrote:I went to Moscow and St. Pete on holiday in 2013 and found the country to be dirt cheap. I cant remember the exact costs but an entire apartment in Moscow (AirBNB) was like $40 USD per night. Hotels in St. Pete were a bit more expensive. In all, in addition to accommodation, I only spent like $250 USD over 7 days including the train from Moscow to St. Pete (which is a very comfortable trip).

I imagine with the recent recession in Russia and the depreciation of the ruble, prices there are a bit lower. However, costs will likely go up during the WC. Nonetheless, I expect the WC in Russia to be far cheaper than what it was in Brazil which was surprisingly one of the most expensive places I have ever been to.

As far as having fun, I expect St. Pete to be more fun since all the action (tourist sites and bars) are located in one spot in the downtown core. Moscow is a great city but it is absolutely massive (I've never seen city streets with 12 lanes anywhere in the world). I suspect this will make it difficult to have fun in Moscow compared with a place like Rio where all the action was concentrated along the beach.
So are you saying St. Pete will be a better place to party and have as a base than Moscow?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Undertaker wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:I went to Moscow and St. Pete on holiday in 2013 and found the country to be dirt cheap. I cant remember the exact costs but an entire apartment in Moscow (AirBNB) was like $40 USD per night. Hotels in St. Pete were a bit more expensive. In all, in addition to accommodation, I only spent like $250 USD over 7 days including the train from Moscow to St. Pete (which is a very comfortable trip).

So are you saying St. Pete will be a better place to party and have as a base than Moscow?
I cant give you an answer on that but what I can say definitively is that logistics are easier in St. Pete (just make sure your hotel is in downtown St. Pete (around Nevsy Prospect) because there is absolutely nothing to see/do on the other side of the river.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Can we merge this with the other traveling thread?
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

Phase 2 tickets sale just opened up.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Just booked my flight to Gdansk from London for the first game (only cost £62). I'll get in on Saturday 16th, drive to Kaliningrad and drive back to Gdansk right after the game. Ill fly back to London early on the 17th. If anyone is interested we can hire a car/bus and go together.