Fecafoot sack Hugo Broos as Indomitable Lions coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Fecafoot sack Hugo Broos as Indomitable Lions coach

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cameroon sack Indomitable Lions head coach Hugo Broos for failing to secure World Cup qualification - See more at: https://goo.gl/8UHabP
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Fecafoot sack Hugo Broos as Indomitable Lions coach

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Where’s Siasia these days?
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Fawkerfoot strikes. Naija cause am
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

What took them so long?
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Is Hugo Boos to blame though? he had a poor crop of players to choose from. Bear in mind he was only in the job for a year, so did not have the time to rebuild the squad.

Personally, I think he did very well getting them to win the Nations Cup with the limited players at his disposal. Sacking him will only be beneficial if they give the new coach a four year contract with a mandate to prepare for the 2022 World Cup.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

charlie wrote:What took them so long?
When Cameroon won the AFCON those Africans thought he was the best thing ever but now Cameroon have been exposed like they should have been they sacked him so maybe they need to look at themselves!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Where’s Siasia these days?
probably coaching U13 girls in Atlanta, while trying to collect chop money from Efe Ambrose and Isaac Promise
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Where’s Siasia these days?
He is waiting for the SE job. :)
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He over-achieved with the Lions, winning CAN2018 with what is Cameroon's C team. Maybe the main actors will now return to the scene following Broos ouster.
I am happy
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Claude le Roy says

I don hammer again o!

Wha choo looking at?!
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Cameroon sack Indomitable Lions head coach Hugo Broos for failing to secure World Cup qualification - See more at: https://goo.gl/8UHabP
They have not been Indomitable Lions for decades. To call the current crop Indomitable Lions is surely an insult to Cameroonian ballers of the 80's and early 90's. .
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Cameroon sack Indomitable Lions head coach Hugo Broos for failing to secure World Cup qualification - See more at: https://goo.gl/8UHabP
They have not been Indomitable Lions for decades. To call the current crop Indomitable Lions is surely an insult to Cameroonian ballers of the 80's and early 90's. .
What happened to the Kadji Sports Academy that produced Song, Eto’o, Wome, Geremi, Kameni, etc? They need to go back to doing what they were doing in the 1990s.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Football is cruel. In 10 months he went from being African champion to being fired for failing to qualify for the WC, from the toughest WCQ group in history (featuring 3 of the last 4 African champs and the highest ranked team Africa).
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Chimurenga Rebel wrote:
What happened to the Kadji Sports Academy that produced Song, Eto’o, Wome, Geremi, Kameni, etc? They need to go back to doing what they were doing in the 1990s.
We can only guess Ayo. I will never be able to put into words how proud the Indomitable Lions of 1990 made me feel and I am not even from Cameroon. Legends every single one of them
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Claude le Roy says

I don hammer again o!
Ndiefi of the white world :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

The timing is funny. Apparently watching the draws without seeing Cameroon's name in the pots pain them well well. Broos was the nearest scapegoat. His performance at the confed cup was atrocious though.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

He has not been officially sacked.. He was recommended to be sacked.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cameroon's problems are long term. To be honest, I do not see them addressing them until they resolve the Anglophone spat tearing the nation apart at the moment. Paul Biya has to save his country from destruction by stepping down.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

what a name....FecalFoot...like person wey just step inside $hit.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Is Hugo Boos to blame though? he had a poor crop of players to choose from. Bear in mind he was only in the job for a year, so did not have the time to rebuild the squad.

Personally, I think he did very well getting them to win the Nations Cup with the limited players at his disposal. Sacking him will only be beneficial if they give the new coach a four year contract with a mandate to prepare for the 2022 World Cup.
So benching the likes of Matip and co, benching the best goal keeper in the Dutch league, in favor of mediocre players was what again?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

bamenda boy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Is Hugo Boos to blame though? he had a poor crop of players to choose from. Bear in mind he was only in the job for a year, so did not have the time to rebuild the squad.

So benching the likes of Matip and co, benching the best goal keeper in the Dutch league, in favor of mediocre players was what again?
In 1998, the French coach dropped David Ginola and Eric Cantona and went on to win the World Cup. Broos dropped them for the Nations Cup and won!
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Cameroon's problems are long term. To be honest, I do not see them addressing them until they resolve the Anglophone spat tearing the nation apart at the moment. Paul Biya has to save his country from destruction by stepping down.
:agree:
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

bamenda boy wrote:

:roll: Was Matip benched or he decided not to heed the call-up?
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC