Who else listened to Alan Shearer during the draw?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Who else listened to Alan Shearer during the draw?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) He is one of our biggest fans at the moment
(2) Do you know he tipped Nigeria as a dark horse to go on and win the whole tournament
(3) Like me, he said he does not see Argentina making it from the group
(4) Where I disagree with him though is where he tipped Croatia to win the group
(5) Shearer clearly watched our 4-2 win over Argentina and has seen them struggle in the qualifiers
(6) I remember this same Shearer being asked in 2014 if any African team would make an impact and he emphatically replied: “I just do not see it.”
(7) Clearly Shearer believes we are better than Argentina and Iceland
(8) I would love to hear his views on our pace and counter attacks
(9) Maybe if we beat England on a friendly he will upgrade us to group winners
(10) I can see he is not alone. Normally, the British Media is dismissive of Nigeria but this time around there is a lot of respect. It is amazing what one friendly victory can do
Wait o, you mean Shearer based his hypothesis on atching the same team you claimed is not fit and in no shape to face the big guns in the WC :blink: :dream: Now an Oyinbo has endorsed Rohr's team and tactics and all of a sudden you are singing a new tune..... talk about flip flopping
If you cannot debate in an adult, logical and intelligent manner please refrain from responding to what i post. We cannot afford your infantile and unintelligent diatribes with the serious task ahead.
Give me a break... The number of times you said the team that qualified isn't good enough to participate in the world cup. So what exactly has changed?
Any human being with an average IQ can decipher that a lot changed at halftime in the game against Argentina with the three substitutions. I hope I am not being inhumane here by attacking a fellow human being who has learning difficulties and mental health challenges here because you clearly have a mental capability lower than they of 95% of the human race of you cannot figure out that things have changed and will change furthermore.

I will refrain from responding to you as it appears that you are genuinely mentally disabled, so attacking you would be a sin against Mother Nature. My advice is just read threads from now on and do not post.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
(2) Do you know he tipped Nigeria as a dark horse to go on and win the whole tournament
(4) Where I disagree with him though is where he tipped Croatia to win the group
(5) Shearer clearly watched our 4-2 win over Argentina and has seen them struggle in the qualifiers
(6) I remember this same Shearer being asked in 2014 if any African team would make an impact and he emphatically replied: “I just do not see it.”
(10) I can see he is not alone. Normally, the British Media is dismissive of Nigeria but this time around there is a lot of respect. It is amazing what one friendly victory can do
Wait o, you mean Shearer based his hypothesis on atching the same team you claimed is not fit and in no shape to face the big guns in the WC :blink: :dream: Now an Oyinbo has endorsed Rohr's team and tactics and all of a sudden you are singing a new tune..... talk about flip flopping
If you cannot debate in an adult, logical and intelligent manner please refrain from responding to what i post. We cannot afford your infantile and unintelligent diatribes with the serious task ahead.
Give me a break... The number of times you said the team that qualified isn't good enough to participate in the world cup. So what exactly has changed?
Any human being with an average IQ can decipher that a lot changed at halftime in the game against Argentina with the three substitutions. I hope I am not being inhumane here by attacking a fellow human being who has learning difficulties and mental health challenges here because you clearly have a mental capability lower than they of 95% of the human race of you cannot figure out that things have changed and will change furthermore.

I will refrain from responding to you as it appears that you are genuinely mentally disabled, so attacking you would be a sin against Mother Nature. My advice is just read threads from now on and do not post.
This guy, Idowu was the only player who wasn't part of the qualifying team, all the rest of the subs were part of the qualifying team which you seem to want to overhaul.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

It's not uncommon for people to resort to name calling when called out. It's quite churlish. No need to muddy the waters Mr Akinfe. As pointed out you harped on for ages about how the current squad wasn't good enough for Russia. All of a sudden, Shearer talks up the team and you are now a believer. Go back and read the 10 point tripe you put up on owngoal on the team. What changed all of a sudden...?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

This guy, Idowu was the only player who wasn't part of the qualifying team, all the rest of the subs were part of the qualifying team which you seem to want to overhaul.
Rohr should have played the following in qualifiers in my opinion:

Francis Uzoho
Tyronne Ebuehi
Brian Idowu
Sam Awaziem
Kelechi Nwakali
Kayode Olanrewaju
Victor Osimhen
Henry Onyekuru
Taiwo Awoniyi
Denis Bonaventure
Cyrial Dessers

I mentioned here how Switzerland’s coach was brave enough to give two youngsters their competitive debuts during their World Cup Play-off against Northern Ireland. Many of these so-called “new players” should have been tried and tested veterans by now!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Francis Uzoho
Tyronne Ebuehi
Brian Idowu
Sam Awaziem
Kelechi Nwakali
Kayode Olanrewaju
Victor Osimhen
Henry Onyekuru
Taiwo Awoniyi
Denis Bonaventure
Cyrial Dessers

I mentioned here how Switzerland’s coach was brave enough to give two youngsters their competitive debuts during their World Cup Play-off against Northern Ireland. Many of these so-called “new players” should have been tried and tested veterans by now!
There are managers like you in my company who make statements like 'should have'. It is when they are now on the executing side that they realise a few things. Rohr has his game plan - let him execute his plan in peace. Haba!! Dont we learn? They can prepare for 2022 World Cup.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Alan has no clue about football off the pitch.
But football is played on the pitch!
Indeed he was useful as a PLAYER but he is useless in off-the-pitch roles. The mistake you are making is that you underplay the off-the-pitch aspect of football. Shearer was useless as a MANAGER, TACTICIAN. Infact I am surprised Newcastle didnt hire him as a scout or club ambassador. The only thing he does is a commentator and we see how Gary (solid commentator) did when he was put in a management role.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote: I prefer that we move under the radar. All this craving for other people's respect get as e be.
... thank you - bro! I prefer we do our think as secretive as possible and shock many teams when the time comes.

Like you said, all these praises or recognition get as e be, me I no like-am
At some point in our football life as a nation we have to be able to rightfully sit at the table with the best in the world. We can't be living as underdogs for ever.

It is either we want respect or we don't.
All this not wanting recognition indicates we are not yet convinced we are qualified to be invited to the party. Its like we want to sneak in unnoticed and then wreak havoc like an opportunistic thief.

Yes, there might be an advantage to that approach but it works both ways. Earning respect means that teams do not jump on you like some prostitute, but would rather give you a chance to introduce yourself and see what you can do. Because if they jump on you, the fear is that you just might give them a dirty slap. So they won't.

But if that respect you are given proves to be undeserved, they will Harvey Weinstein you with no comebacks.

So which one do we want? :idea:
... all of the above as stated by you - Damunk - depending on the situation and tactical plans
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cristao II wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Francis Uzoho
Tyronne Ebuehi
Brian Idowu
Sam Awaziem
Kelechi Nwakali
Kayode Olanrewaju
Victor Osimhen
Henry Onyekuru
Taiwo Awoniyi
Denis Bonaventure
Cyrial Dessers

There are managers like you in my company who make statements like 'should have'. It is when they are now on the executing side that they realise a few things. Rohr has his game plan - let him execute his plan in peace. Haba!! Dont we learn? They can prepare for 2022 World Cup.
As our Gunners friends have realised - The trophies are given out her and now!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Mr Shows wrote:
Don't forget that Ayo was promoting Bryan Robson on CE as a viable option to coach SE some years ago. Bryan Robson o :lol: :lol: :lol: Ayo eeeehhhh! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Alan Shearer did a documentary for the BBC last week about ex-footballers getting dementia from heading the ball too often. He said he was worried about the effect that years of heading the ball might have had on his mental health.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

pajimoh wrote:e-post card from Yemen

Hi all at CE
I'm missing you all, well, some of you - lets be honest some of you are just pricks :boo:
Anywayz, I'm having a lovely time with bombs dropping everywhere around me.
The locals cannot stop staring at me, not sure whether it's my blackness or they love the House of Saudi T Shirt I'm rocking.
I met some guys earlier, they said they are IS, I didn't want to sound ignorant and ask them what that means but I just take it to mean Islam. They asked me if I was having a good time, I told them I'm feeling very gay right now. You'd think they'd be happy for me being happy in their country.

Anywayz, how are you guys coping with Ayo since the draw? How many threads has he opened? I'm not coming back until a day before our opening match.
I'll be heading across to Saudi Arabia and Iran on a cycle, naked and singing George Bush'e praise.

I feel sorry for you all and what you're going through with Ayo. You should have been here with me - The safest place right now.

Until my next postcard - PS, keep Ayo there with you.
This your postcard does not meet CE standard.
Please adopt the 10-point format.

Thanks. :thumb:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Mr Shows wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Oyibo said they are good and its now ok for him to accept.
Did not him do some crazy logic about you cant win world cup without a super star,he w as telling us how Brazil get Neymar,Argentina get Messi and france Pogba,German etc etc
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Odas wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote: I prefer that we move under the radar. All this craving for other people's respect get as e be.
... thank you - bro! I prefer we do our thing as secretive as possible and shock many teams when the time comes.

Gbam! All these false praises, na cunny cunny style dem wan take finish us.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
... thank you - bro! I prefer we do our think as secretive as possible and shock many teams when the time comes.

At some point in our football life as a nation we have to be able to rightfully sit at the table with the best in the world. We can't be living as underdogs for ever.

It is either we want respect or we don't.
All this not wanting recognition indicates we are not yet convinced we are qualified to be invited to the party. Its like we want to sneak in unnoticed and then wreak havoc like an opportunistic thief.

Yes, there might be an advantage to that approach but it works both ways.
There is more to it than that extreme view.
Damunk wrote: Earning respect means that teams do not jump on you like some prostitute, but would rather give you a chance to introduce yourself and see what you can do. Because if they jump on you, the fear is that you just might give them a dirty slap. So they won't.
As long as you are well prepared, you don't have to worry about teams jumping on you, because if they try it, you will crush them. See Brazil - Germany 1-7. So if any team wants to jump on you thinking you are a pushover, as long as you have prepared well and done your homework, that is 100% their problem.

I prefer to earn our respect on the green grass, by making the quarter finals or better. Too much praise and "respect" now can get to the boys' heads and they could start believing their own hype, and stop being concentrated 100% and werking 'ard on the field for each other. WC 1998 comes to mind.
Damunk wrote: But if that respect you are given proves to be undeserved, they will Harvey Weinstein you with no comebacks.
If the respect proves to be undeserved, then you did not prepare properly and are in trouble anyway, respect or no respect. Moral of the story is, if you have prepared well and done your homework, the respect of other teams is not as relevant.
Damunk wrote: So which one do we want? :idea:
I know what I don't want. Mental strength comes from knowing that you have prepared to the best of your ability, not from other people's "respect", because that "respect" can be withdrawn :lol: at the convenience of the giver. I don't want "respect" that does more harm than good. I know awa pipul's psyche.

Wha choo looking at?!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Scipio Africanus wrote:I prefer to earn our respect on the green grass, by making the quarter finals or better.
Obviously.
Too much praise and "respect" now can....
Now....who is asking for "too much respect"?
Or is any respect at all simply "too much"? :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Scipio Africanus wrote:I prefer that we move under the radar. All this craving for other people's respect get as e be.
It is craven.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Ebyboy wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:I prefer that we move under the radar. All this craving for other people's respect get as e be.
It is craven.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

I saw it and even though Shearer was in the studio, it was not Shearer that made the predictions you have listed. It was John Bennet and Tim Vickery that tipped Croatia and Nigeria to go through from the group.
yes o
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ebyboy wrote:
It is craven.

craving - a powerful desire for something

EB is correct
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

theDunamis wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:
It is craven.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

pajimoh wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:
It is craven.

craving - a powerful desire for something

EB is correct
Ebyboy just made a Shakespearean pun :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

wiseone wrote:Alan Shearer did a documentary for the BBC last week about ex-footballers getting dementia from heading the ball too often. He said he was worried about the effect that years of heading the ball might have had on his mental health.
I thought it would have been a very low blow to bring this up.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

cchinukw wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Don't forget that Ayo was promoting Bryan Robson on CE as a viable option to coach SE some years ago. Bryan Robson o :lol: :lol: :lol: Ayo eeeehhhh! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.