Baba 0tu Mohammed

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kako
Egg
Egg
Re: Baba 0tu Mohammed

Post by Kako »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:how can someone named 0tu be from Nigeria. 0tu or Otoo is a Ga name
I have a friend from Cross River with that name.

It is present in Kogi State as well...some kind of titled family name. Pronounced Oh-tu.

I believe it also means lazy person in Yoruba.
If used by itself it is a Yoruba street slang for Mugu or clumsy, etc
There are also some Yoruba names that start with O t u, eg Otuyemi, Otubajo, etc.
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Kako wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:how can someone named 0tu be from Nigeria. 0tu or Otoo is a Ga name

It is present in Kogi State as well...some kind of titled family name. Pronounced Oh-tu.

There are also some Yoruba names that start with O t u, eg Otuyemi, Otubajo, etc.

Thanks...there was one dude in my sec school nicknamed such, because he was considered lazy, mugu etc. He was skinny, languid, and lazy-weak looking...and didnt object to being called oh-tu....apparently he was mild mannered. Until one day someone tried to pick on him in front a crowd...one of those guys who wanted to shine in front of chics...in a nutshell, he dazed the bully with slaps and backhands, and before we knew it, he had "cleared" the guy to the ground. Come see respect....end of that nickname...forever.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Kako wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

Thanks...there was one dude in my sec school nicknamed such, because he was considered lazy, mugu etc. He was skinny, languid, and lazy-weak looking...and didnt object to being called oh-tu....apparently he was mild mannered. Until one day someone tried to pick on him in front a crowd...one of those guys who wanted to shine in front of chics...in a nutshell, he dazed the bully with slaps and backhands, and before we knew it, he had "cleared" the guy to the ground. Come see respect....end of that nickname...forever.
:lol: :lol:
Arambara!

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:
oloye wrote:He was a Ghanaian at best an hausa Ghanaian.....he came to Nigeria from Ghana. Raccah Rovers of Kano at their height had several Ghanains of hausa extractions . .. You need to watch them play back in the day to see the ghanain influence!
Chief, una remembered those guys for Ayufssalam FC in Ilorin... most of them claimed to be either from Ogbomosho or Ilorin :woot: . they are actually Ghanaians from Zongo Town and Kumasi :woot:
Hahahaha.....you are right oh!

Actually, many Ghanaians claim Offa, not Ilorin. I believe there is some kind of link between Offa and Ghana
Dem OFFA people migrated a lot to Ghana in those days before Nkrumah came into power, while Ejigbo people dey plenty for ABIDJAN.. one funny thing is that majority of those people have facial marks that easily identifies them 8-)
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Senator WIRES wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:
oloye wrote:He was a Ghanaian at best an hausa Ghanaian.....he came to Nigeria from Ghana. Raccah Rovers of Kano at their height had several Ghanains of hausa extractions . .. You need to watch them play back in the day to see the ghanain influence!
Chief, una remembered those guys for Ayufssalam FC in Ilorin... most of them claimed to be either from Ogbomosho or Ilorin :woot: . they are actually Ghanaians from Zongo Town and Kumasi :woot:

Actually, many Ghanaians claim Offa, not Ilorin. I believe there is some kind of link between Offa and Ghana
Dem OFFA people migrated a lot to Ghana in those days before Nkrumah came into power, while Ejigbo people dey plenty for ABIDJAN.. one funny thing is that majority of those people have facial marks that easily identifies them 8-)

what is the reason for this migration? Come to think of it, a few Offa folks I know look like Ghanaians :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:

what is the reason for this migration? Come to think of it, a few Offa folks I know look like Ghanaians :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Probably went to look for job as cocoa farm-hands or traders. if you compare them to those spare parts dealers in Lagos.. one family bringing another family member to join them.. that will be correct. Hardly can you find a family house in Offa without two to three people haven sojourned in Ghana.
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:

A number of the offa, ogbomosho and oshogbo folks lived in Ghana and inter married there. So some of those coming back to naija have legit claims. Take late Kafaru Alabi who played for Shooting...his parents gave him tribal marks so it was easy for him to fit back in. But his junior brother whom i suspect was born of ghanain lady,had no marks, he came home much later, his yoruba was dodgy and he looked so much like a breda. The only reason why anyone believed he is a niherian was because his brother said so.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Senator WIRES wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:

Probably went to look for job as cocoa farm-hands or traders. if you compare them to those spare parts dealers in Lagos.. one family bringing another family member to join them.. that will be correct. Hardly can you find a family house in Offa without two to three people haven sojourned in Ghana.
Mostly traders.
Arambara!

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Senator WIRES wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:

Thanks...but bia, this senator sef...you suspiciously sabi too many things....
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Raccah Rover was my team back in the day because of style of play.

Haruna wahab
walter Osei
Grandson Abbas
Shefiu Mohammed
Baba 0tu Mohammed
Annas Ahmed
Idris Ahmed
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sir V wrote:

Haruna wahab
walter Osei
Grandson Abbas
Shefiu Mohammed
Baba 0tu Mohammed
Annas Ahmed
Idris Ahmed
Hussaini Alabi
Garba Abubakar
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Enugu II wrote:
Sir V wrote:

Haruna wahab
walter Osei
Grandson Abbas
Shefiu Mohammed
Baba 0tu Mohammed
Annas Ahmed
Idris Ahmed
Hussaini Alabi
Garba Abubakar
Idris Musa
Kalala Mohammed
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

OK, BACK TO WHAT BABA O T U WAS ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT

Bring back the academicals - first at the state and then national level - and expand it beyond Nigeria and Ghana. Maybe coopt the Channels Children now sponsored by Channelstv. improve conditions to include better coaching, accommodation, transportation and equipment. Anyone who follows will probably see a few future SE players there. Beyond that, it could also be a lucrative money maker with sponsorship and television. Why the NFF hasn't done this is beyond me.
Bell
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

I watched him play :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle