Onyekuru given second public dressing down.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onyekuru given second public dressing down.

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:The interesting fact for me is that Henry Onyekuru is used as a left wing back. That seems to contradict the popular contention that Onyekuru doesn’t defend. I think our tactical options in Russia are on the rise :!:

Cheers.
He's a left forward...
OK, so you know better than his own team which classified him as a left wing back :!:

Cheers.
Who classified him as a LWB?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

maceo4 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:The interesting fact for me is that Henry Onyekuru is used as a left wing back. That seems to contradict the popular contention that Onyekuru doesn’t defend. I think our tactical options in Russia are on the rise :!:

Cheers.
He's a left forward...
OK, so you know better than his own team which classified him as a left wing back :!:

Cheers.
This is the reason why we need a player profile thread so that uninformed individuals can go and read it and prevent exposing their ignorance.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Cheers.
He's a left forward...

Cheers.
This is the reason why we need a player profile thread so that uninformed individuals can go and read it and prevent exposing their ignorance.
I wonder who is really exposing his ignorance :mrgreen: :?: :!:

http://www.goal.com/en-tza/amp/news/hen ... ow3t0xt81u

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Mo Gbe o !So the boy is now a left wingback. :shock:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Cheers.
He's a left forward...

Cheers.
I wonder who is really exposing his ignorance :mrgreen: :?: :!:

http://www.goal.com/en-tza/amp/news/hen ... ow3t0xt81u

Cheers.
What you posted is goal.com and not his team classifying him as a left wing back. And even at that the very first line says "The on-loan Everton forward"...so you can classify him as a wing back if you want, but maybe take time to actually watch his game and not put so much stock into goal.com.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Maceo4, goal.com is a professional sports writing business. They actually follow teams and report on them. They do this for a living. If they say Onyekuru is played at LWB, I believe them, certainly more than I believe an armchair wannabe like you so do us all a favor and shut the furck up about this. You were wrong so learn to live with it :!:

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Maceo4, goal.com is a professional sports writing business. They actually follow teams and report on them. They do this for a living. If they say Onyekuru is played at LWB, I believe them, certainly more than I believe an armchair wannabe like you so do us all a favor and shut the furck up about this. You were wrong so learn to live with it :!:

Cheers.
OK, so you know better than his own team which classified him as a left wing back
Sure, when you get caught looking like an uninformed voyeur who knows not what they speak of you resort to insults, its so sad but I've come to expect nothing less from your ilk. Anyway, I'm still waiting for you to show me where his own team classified him as a left wing back....Abi goal.com is now his own team? :???:

Lets watch the match and judge for ourselves where he played, worse part is you will still be going on spewing rubbish without actually watching:

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Maceo4, goal.com is a professional sports writing business. They actually follow teams and report on them. They do this for a living. If they say Onyekuru is played at LWB, I believe them, certainly more than I believe an armchair wannabe like you so do us all a favor and shut the furck up about this. You were wrong so learn to live with it :!:

Cheers.
OK, so you know better than his own team which classified him as a left wing back
Sure, when you get caught looking like an uninformed voyeur who knows not what they speak of you resort to insults, its so sad but I've come to expect nothing less from your ilk. Anyway, I'm still waiting for you to show me where his own team classified him as a left wing back....Abi goal.com is now his own team? :???:

Lets watch the match and judge for ourselves where he played, worse part is you will still be going on spewing rubbish
without actually watching:

[/video]
:lol: :lol: :lol: The size of your ego makes me wanna cry. You are beyond redemption when you think that your conclusions based on some bootlegged video is more reliable than goal.com who actually talked to club officials before reaching their conclusions about Onyekuru. You are, indeed, a legend but only in your own mind. I am not going to engage in a back and forth on this with you. If you want to indulge in the self delusion that you are more knowledgeable than a professional news agency, go right ahead but understand that you only diminish your own credibility :!:

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

maceo4 wrote:

Cheers.

Lets watch the match and judge for ourselves where he played, worse part is you will still be going on spewing rubbish
without actually watching:

[/video]
:lol: :lol: :lol: The size of your ego makes me wanna cry. You are beyond redemption when you think that your conclusions based on some bootlegged video is more reliable than goal.com who actually talked to club officials before reaching their conclusions about Onyekuru. You are, indeed, a legend but only in your own mind. I am not going to engage in a back and forth on this with you. If you want to indulge in the self delusion that you are more knowledgeable than a professional news agency, go right ahead but understand that you only diminish your own credibility :!:

Cheers.
Just drop it, you don't know what you are talking about and clearly can't back up your claim that his own team classified him as a wing back, mschew, abeg carry on sha, can only lead a horse to water...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Onyekuru starts tonight vs Celtic......
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Onyekuru starts tonight vs Celtic......
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:Onyekuru starts tonight vs Celtic......
I'll be watching him closely at the expense of the Man U and Chelsea games....
He's even wearing no9 sef.
He's looking lively and they should be one up from an assist by Onykuru already.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Watching him now, he just had a nice run but the play came to nothing.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Anderlecht absolutely dominating Celtic with Onyekuru by far looking the most dangerous with his quick feet.
He doesn't look like a player short on confidence to me at all.
Commentators recognising him as a major threat...
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
He's looking lively and they should be one up from an assist by Onykuru already.
Are you enjoying his 'wing back' role? :rotf: :roll: Anyways, he is definitely looking lively and running at defenders more than in prior CL games.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Are you enjoying his 'wing back' role? :rotf: :roll: Anyways, he is definitely looking lively and running at defenders more than in prior CL games.
Wey am? :lol: :lol: :lol:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cheers.

Could it have been a one off thing?
Playing in an unfamiliar left wing-back role, the 20-year-old proved the matchwinner for Hein Vanhaezebrouck's side, serving notice of the talent which convinced the Blues to splash out £7m on him last summer.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... n-13988032

Trasfermkt list him as having played at LW for that game
https://www.transfermarkt.com/henry-ony ... ler/380415
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:

Cheers.

Could it have been a one off thing?
Playing in an unfamiliar left wing-back role, the 20-year-old proved the matchwinner for Hein Vanhaezebrouck's side, serving notice of the talent which convinced the Blues to splash out £7m on him last summer.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... n-13988032

Trasfermkt list him as having played at LW for that game
https://www.transfermarkt.com/henry-ony ... ler/380415
I posted video of a good chunk of that game, you rarely see the guy defending, he's been playing as a LW most of the time there and occasionally tried as a CF as the coach had mentioned in his public dress down. He is playing the same LW position right now against Celtic.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

He is playing in a very very bad team. They are not complimenting his efforts at all. He is good offensively but not contributing anything to defending. That he need to work on.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

7 pages of hate yet the boy is ballin his brains out in the CL as we speak, selected to start by a coach he might not even like him. Top scorer last yr, same thi year.That’s what I call getting it done :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:7 pages of hate yet the boy is ballin his brains out in the CL as we speak, selected to start by a coach he might not even like him. Top scorer last yr, same thi year.That’s what I call getting it done :thumb:

Facts
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

tunde72 wrote:He is playing in a very very bad team. They are not complimenting his efforts at all. He is good offensively but not contributing anything to defending. That he need to work on.
Is that so, I've never seen a 'wing back' thats not even interested in defending... :taunt: The boy did well, but Celtic is also a very useless team. He would have really announced himself with similar displays against the bigger teams in the group.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

maceo4 wrote:
tunde72 wrote:He is playing in a very very bad team. They are not complimenting his efforts at all. He is good offensively but not contributing anything to defending. That he need to work on.
Is that so, I've never seen a 'wing back' thats not even interested in defending... :taunt: The boy did well, but Celtic is also a very useless team. He would have really announced himself with similar displays against the bigger teams in the group.

I am a fan of every Nigerian player anywhere in the world, however in terms of the World Cup squad, if we had to choose between him and Kayode for the last attacking spot, then it would be Kayode for me. Yes, he offers goals, but I have tuned in to a couple of games and Onyekuru at the moment does not offer much in terms of defending when without the ball. This is the difference between some good players those that always get playing time in big teams. Lets take Jesus for example, his talent is without question, but when his team is without the ball, that is when you see him put in the hard yards. I dont think we have luxury of having a player that is great offensively and a minus one when we are defending, that is the crux of the matter as it stands.