Pinnick the sexist Pig strikes against the falcons again...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Pinnick the sexist Pig strikes against the falcons again...

Post by fabio »

The Nigeria Football Federation says it will now switch focus to women's team

The president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick, has said that it will now concentrate on helping the women's team.

He was reacting to criticism that the Super Falcons have not played or trained since lifting the Women's Africa Cup of Nations a year ago.

Desire Oparanozie, who scored the winner in last December's final, labelled the NFF efforts as "pathetic".

Pinnick apologised and admitted shortcomings by the federation as they focussed on the men's team.

"I apologise to them publicly - we have been trying to intensify our efforts in rebuilding the Super Eagles [Nigeria's men's team] which we have done," he told BBC Sport.

"Now we have secured the services of a foreign coach from America [Randy Waldrum] who is going to resume next week.

"We have lined up a couple of matches for them and I have apologised to them because the truth is we wanted to concentrate on the [World Cup] qualifiers [for the men] which was quite intense."

Oparanozie was upset about the lack of action for the African champions ahead of the qualifiers for next year's Nations Cup in Ghana, which will also decide the continent's teams for the 2019 Women's World Cup.

"It's quite pathetic because the Nations Cup and the World Cup is round the corner and all the other African teams are stepping up their preparations playing friendly games," she told BBC Sport.

"But we as the defending champions have not really done anything to really show we want to stay up there.

"There have been no matches there hasn't been any form of regrouping, no games played - nothing at all.

"I am really concerned because to win the tournament you have to set up a good preparation, you have to recruit the girls, you have to make plans for camps.

"We have been sleeping all this while and other teams have been away doing all the necessary and doing what they should do. So I am very worried that next year's Nations Cup is going to be very tough for us."

She also bemoaned a lack of communication from the NFF.

"I don't know the NNF's plans. The communication is just not there," she complained.

"For me personally I got to know about the [new coach's appointment] on the internet I wasn't informed by any member of the federation. The only person I got to discuss a bit about it was the team captain and she also read about it on the internet.

Pinnick hit back at the claims and insisted the federation does keep an eye on all its players.

"If they want to find out things they shouldn't go to the social media, they have their secretary, they have head of the female department," he explained
. :boo: :boo: :boo:

"But they just go on air to speak which is very wrong and I told Asisat [Oshoala] that when she came to see me because if you are doing that you are chasing our sponsors away - they will look at us as if we are not responsible. :boo: :boo: :boo:

"We have been monitoring all of them. all their various clubs, all their movement. It was not good enough but at least we have players in the big leagues all over the world." :boo: :boo:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42222277
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: Pinnick the sexist Pig strikes against the falcons again

Post by walesvilla »

Little blame for nff most blame on CAF full year with no senior women fixtures to keep federations busy
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

You know us men are not good at multitasking,women do a much better job hence the lopsided attention towards the senior mens team! :lol:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

OK, THE MAN HAS ACCEPTED BLAME, SO...

...let's see how he handles matters from now on. If Nigeria is to do well in these women's events, much more need to be done. I unfortunately the preoccupation with the men's qualification but I don't want to be told that they can only handle the men or the women one at a time. Maybe what they need to do is to appoint a deputy for Pinnick whose sole focus will be the women's matters which means relinquishing some power. For the women to improve beyond their current pathetic global performance a lot of training and top level friendlies will be needed.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Oshoala just won top scorer award in the Chinese Women's League.
She's very happy there apparently.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Damunk wrote:Oshoala just won top scorer award in the Chinese Women's League.
Where is tfco.

YES tfco, I disapprove.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tbite wrote:
Where is tfco.

YES tfco, I disapprove.
TFCO is on vacation from this Site :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The Oga don tear race
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Bell wrote:OK, THE MAN HAS ACCEPTED BLAME, SO...

...let's see how he handles matters from now on. If Nigeria is to do well in these women's events, much more need to be done. I unfortunately the preoccupation with the men's qualification but I don't want to be told that they can only handle the men or the women one at a time. Maybe what they need to do is to appoint a deputy for Pinnick whose sole focus will be the women's matters which means relinquishing some power. For the women to improve beyond their current pathetic global performance a lot of training and top level friendlies will be needed.
Bell
... The question is will he speak to Super Eagles players such as Mikel, Moses and Musa in that manner? No.

He has shown a disdain for the falcons and Heroes such as Florence Omagbemi. We remember how he threatened a player over the phone when they went on strike after winning the female AFCON.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

walesvilla wrote:Little blame for nff most blame on CAF full year with no senior women fixtures to keep federations busy
So NFF needs CAF permission to organise friendly matches?
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

fabio wrote:
walesvilla wrote:Little blame for nff most blame on CAF full year with no senior women fixtures to keep federations busy
And what will be the immediate purpose of the friendly when no competitive fixture for 11mth factoring financial constraints of nff with super eagles- or will think oshiola and co will play for free.
I beg calm down it will soon be their turn to shine.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

:shock: :shock: since when, thought she bin dey women epl :???:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

walesvilla wrote:
fabio wrote:
And what will be the immediate purpose of the friendly when no competitive fixture for 11mth factoring financial constraints of nff with super eagles- or will think oshiola and co will play for free.
And how many friendlies they organized between when the Falcons' qualified for the 2015 WWC (by winning the 2014 AWC) and when they arrived in Canada for the WWC?! ZERO! NADA!! NIL!!!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Irritating is that same folks who do not think it bad that ZERO friendlies are organized for the Falcons would start to whine and moan when the team underwhelms at the WWC, indulging in the colonialized class' favorite pastime of haranguing indigenous coaches for the supposed lack of tactical knowledge.

Now that Mr. Pinnick has secured his foreign coach (complete with a sponsor for his wages while Florence Omagbemi was not paid during her entire 9-month tenure as Falcons coach - even when her father died), he has apparently suddenly discovered value in organizing friendly games. When it turns out that playing regular friendlies helps improve the team's performance, the chatterers will of course obtusely attribute same solely to the supposed better tactical nous of the foreign coach. SMDH
Last edited by Gotti on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Gotti wrote: Irritating is that same folks who do not think it bad that ZERO friendlies are organized for the Falcons would start to whine and moan when the team underwhelms at the WWC, indulging in the colonialized class' favorite pastime of haranguing indigenous coaches for the supposed lack of tactical knowledge.

Now that Mr. Pinnick has secured his foreign coach (completely with a sponsor for his wages while Florence Omagbemi was not paid during her entire 9-month tenure as Falcons coach - even when her father died), he has apparently suddenly discovered value in organizing friendly games. When it turns out that playing regular friendlies helps improve the team's performance, the chatters will of course obtusely attribute same solely to the supposed better tactical nous of the foreign coach. SMDH
Oga Gotti... This is not new! His treatment of Keshi is evident for all to see.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote:
Asisat Oshoala: Arsenal Ladies winger joins Chinese side Dalian Quanjian
15 February 2017

Nigeria winger Asisat Oshoala has left Women's Super League One club Arsenal Ladies to join Chinese side Dalian Quanjian.

The 22-year-old won the BBC's Women's Footballer of the Year Award in 2015 before joining Arsenal from Liverpool.

She helped the Gunners win the Women's FA Cup at Wembley in May 2016 and was recently awarded the African Women's Player of the Year Award.

She also played for her country at the 2015 Women's World Cup in Canada.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38983532
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gotti wrote:

Irritating is that same folks who do not think it bad that ZERO friendlies are organized for the Falcons would start to whine and moan when the team underwhelms at the WWC, indulging in the colonialized class' favorite pastime of haranguing indigenous coaches for the supposed lack of tactical knowledge.

Now that Mr. Pinnick has secured his foreign coach (completely with a sponsor for his wages while Florence Omagbemi was not paid during her entire 9-month tenure as Falcons coach - even when her father died), he has apparently suddenly discovered value in organizing friendly games. When it turns out that playing regular friendlies helps improve the team's performance, the chatters will of course obtusely attribute same solely to the supposed better tactical nous of the foreign coach. SMDH
VERY SAD....are we plain indecent and wicked people, or do we acquire that trait once we get in positions of power?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:
Asisat Oshoala: Arsenal Ladies winger joins Chinese side Dalian Quanjian
15 February 2017

Nigeria winger Asisat Oshoala has left Women's Super League One club Arsenal Ladies to join Chinese side Dalian Quanjian.

The 22-year-old won the BBC's Women's Footballer of the Year Award in 2015 before joining Arsenal from Liverpool.

She helped the Gunners win the Women's FA Cup at Wembley in May 2016 and was recently awarded the African Women's Player of the Year Award.

She also played for her country at the 2015 Women's World Cup in Canada
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38983532
...wow! wonderful, go for the money, no be only guys dem dey pay :clap: :clap:
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

fabio wrote:

Bell
... The question is will he speak to Super Eagles players such as Mikel, Moses and Musa in that manner? No.

He has shown a disdain for the falcons and Heroes such as Florence Omagbemi. We remember how he threatened a player over the phone when they went on strike after winning the female AFCON.
FOR THE LIFE OF ME...

...I don't see anything disdainful about what he said - he just asked them to come to him instead of going to the press to avoid losing sponsors. He admitted he's not met his responsibilities for the ladies. Can't find fault with that.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

walesvilla wrote:
fabio wrote:
SEEMS LIKE...

...you are of the mindset that friendlies are only needed near tournament - that's only slightly better than the NFF that has a zero friendlies policy.

There's a correlation between frequent friendlies and winning. You only need to look at nations that appeared on the women's scene after Nigeria - Australia, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria - now performing at high level. Winning brings a team together, is used to perfect playing style, build cohesion and camaraderie, test new and current players, reduce the gap between better teams, boost individual confidence, expose team to sponsors, etc. You still think friendlies are only needed near major tournaments, if at all?
Bell