Onyekuru given second public dressing down.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onyekuru given second public dressing down.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote:
tunde72 wrote:He is playing in a very very bad team. They are not complimenting his efforts at all. He is good offensively but not contributing anything to defending. That he need to work on.
Is that so, I've never seen a 'wing back' thats not even interested in defending... :taunt: The boy did well, but Celtic is also a very useless team. He would have really announced himself with similar displays against the bigger teams in the group.

They said the Belgian league was useless, the boy starts in the champions league and the team in that league is useless too. What league is he supposed to play in?
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

How many goals did he score at champions league? Oya kongi answer
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Only newcomers here will be fazed by World Cup hype. No be today nyash don black after all mallam spelt forward or backwards na Mallon. I remember opabunmi and ogbeche 2002 World Cup hype, I also remember amoebi and azeez World Cup hype
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

ikemba_nacho wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
tunde72 wrote:He is playing in a very very bad team. They are not complimenting his efforts at all. He is good offensively but not contributing anything to defending. That he need to work on.
Is that so, I've never seen a 'wing back' thats not even interested in defending... :taunt: The boy did well, but Celtic is also a very useless team. He would have really announced himself with similar displays against the bigger teams in the group.

I am a fan of every Nigerian player anywhere in the world, however in terms of the World Cup squad, if we had to choose between him and Kayode for the last attacking spot, then it would be Kayode for me. Yes, he offers goals, but I have tuned in to a couple of games and Onyekuru at the moment does not offer much in terms of defending when without the ball. This is the difference between some good players those that always get playing time in big teams. Lets take Jesus for example, his talent is without question, but when his team is without the ball, that is when you see him put in the hard yards. I dont think we have luxury of having a player that is great offensively and a minus one when we are defending, that is the crux of the matter as it stands.
Wow, unbelievable, thank God you are not the coach, your cluelessness knows no bounds
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

They said the Belgian league was useless, the boy starts in the champions league and the team in that league is useless too. What league is he supposed to play in?
His team and Celtic are the worst in the group, I just wish he had showed the same zeal against Bayern and PSG, that would have really increased his stock.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

maceo4 wrote:His team and Celtic are the worst in the group, I just wish he had showed the same zeal against Bayern and PSG, that would have really increased his stock.
But they said Dani Alves was scared of him. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ikemba_nacho wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I am a fan of every Nigerian player anywhere in the world, however in terms of the World Cup squad, if we had to choose between him and Kayode for the last attacking spot, then it would be Kayode for me. Yes, he offers goals, but I have tuned in to a couple of games and Onyekuru at the moment does not offer much in terms of defending when without the ball. This is the difference between some good players those that always get playing time in big teams. Lets take Jesus for example, his talent is without question, but when his team is without the ball, that is when you see him put in the hard yards. I dont think we have luxury of having a player that is great offensively and a minus one when we are defending, that is the crux of the matter as it stands.
How many fowards have Jesus' workrate? Why do you think Iheanacho was deemed surplus at City? Based on that criteria, Iheanacho would not make the Nigerian team either.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Those of you castigating Onyekure gratuitously accept or it not Ndidi and him are the best prospects Nigeria has right now . I don't know the reasons for their prejudice one thing I know for sure it is definitely insidious. His exceptional and adept skill is inordinately glaring even Steve Wonders can clearly see it. Your acerbic aspersions are purely balderdash
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

metalalloy wrote:
ikemba_nacho wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

How many fowards have Jesus' workrate? Why do you think Iheanacho was deemed surplus at City? Based on that criteria, Iheanacho would not make the Nigerian team either.
I agree a lot of forwards dont have his work rate, but in this particular instance we know what Iheanacho brings to the table in terms of the national team. That is not the issue, however what we dont know is the impact Onyekuru would have on the team postive or otherwise. What I am saying here is that his work rate when defending is lacking and considering he is an unknown quantity that is a luxury we do not have. I believe if he has a different attitude in the national team then that is a different matter, but when I watch Kayode play for Girona, I noticed he puts in a shift attack and defence wise however I am a huge fan of both, always will be a fan of any Nigerian player.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:The interesting fact for me is that Henry Onyekuru is used as a left wing back. That seems to contradict the popular contention that Onyekuru doesn’t defend. I think our tactical options in Russia are on the rise :!:

Cheers.
He's a left forward...
OK, so you know better than his own team which classified him as a left wing back :!:

Cheers.
Who classified him as a LWB?
This is the reason why we need a player profile thread so that uninformed individuals can go and read it and prevent exposing their ignorance.
I wonder who is really exposing his ignorance :mrgreen: :?: :!:

http://www.goal.com/en-tza/amp/news/hen ... ow3t0xt81u

Cheers.
What you posted is goal.com and not his team classifying him as a left wing back. And even at that the very first line says "The on-loan Everton forward"...so you can classify him as a wing back if you want, but maybe take time to actually watch his game and not put so much stock into goal.com.

Bro, that piece was done under Goal Nigeria and trust, they are peopled by many "Ayoakinfes".
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:His team and Celtic are the worst in the group, I just wish he had showed the same zeal against Bayern and PSG, that would have really increased his stock.
But they said Dani Alves was scared of him. :D
:rotf: You know our people now...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

chief nfachairman wrote:

Bro, that piece was done under Goal Nigeria and trust, they are peopled by many "Ayoakinfes".
No wonder they just spout nonsense :boo: :boo:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Onyekuru had a good game yesterday. I do agree though that it is now time for him to take his game to the next level. I guess the fans are losing patience with him.

He is about the same age as Wilfred Ndidi and went to Belgium in September 2015. Now that is enough time to have sorted himself out. Ndidi went to Belgium in January 2015 and look at him today.

Most of our best players who passed through Belgium like Babayaro and Yobo were snapped up within a year after establishing themselves rather quickly. Onyekuru was bought by Everton in June and I guess we all expected him to light up the Belgian league but so far we have not seen this new Messi we were all expecting.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Onyekuru had a good game yesterday. I do agree though that it is now time for him to take his game to the next level. I guess the fans are losing patience with him.

He is about the same age as Wilfred Ndidi and went to Belgium in September 2015. Now that is enough time to have sorted himself out. Ndidi went to Belgium in January 2015 and look at him today.

Most of our best players who passed through Belgium like Babayaro and Yobo were snapped up within a year after establishing themselves rather quickly. Onyekuru was bought by Everton in June and I guess we all expected him to light up the Belgian league but so far we have not seen this new Messi we were all expecting.
When I said Onyekuru has not improved, danfo driver and gotti no gree make we hear word. Yesterday against Celtic (one of the poorest teams in the UCL), Onyekuru made little impact. He needs to look at himself and ask some very serious questions otherwise he may go down the road of Rabiu Ibrahim.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Onyekuru had a good game yesterday. I do agree though that it is now time for him to take his game to the next level. I guess the fans are losing patience with him.

When I said Onyekuru has not improved, danfo driver and gotti no gree make we hear word. Yesterday against Celtic (one of the poorest teams in the UCL), Onyekuru made little impact. He needs to look at himself and ask some very serious questions otherwise he may go down the road of Rabiu Ibrahim.

I think he has improved but not just as much as we expected. He is as talented as other youngsters like Mbappe, Martial, Rushford, Lingard, Alli and Jesus but has failed to show his form.

We can take average performances from the likes of Simon Moses, Ahmed Musa, Anthony Nwakaeme, etc but expect world class performances from Onyekuru. He is not a Belgium Juliper League player like say Simon, Awoniyi, etc.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

I think he has improved but not just as much as we expected. He is as talented as other youngsters like Mbappe, Martial, Rushford, Lingard, Alli and Jesus but has failed to show his form.

We can take average performances from the likes of Simon Moses, Ahmed Musa, Anthony Nwakaeme, etc but expect world class performances from Onyekuru. He is not a Belgium Juliper League player like say Simon, Awoniyi, etc.
But you can't really say that until he shows what he can do against better opposition. He didn't really show that against PSG and Bayern, while Ndidi showed it in the UEFA Cup against tougher teams than he'd find in the Belgian league, then I started believing the hype. Onyekuru has only shown so far to be a Belgium league player just like Simon and co...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

First of, Onyekuru does not give a flying foook what the fans want! The fans need to go get a fooking job and spend their days trying to care for their families than bother about what a 20 year old is doing.
He was the highest goal scorer last year and is competing for it again this year. How else would you like him to sort himself out? WIn the golden glove? Get married ton his coach's wife? Give birth to 11 children and form his own team?
Most of our best players who passed through Belgium like Babayaro and Yobo were snapped up within a year after establishing themselves rather quickly.
Onyekuru was also snapped up within a year OF SHOWING UP!
Onyekuru was bought by Everton in June and I guess we all expected him to light up the Belgian league but so far we have not seen this new Messi we were all expecting.
Onyekuru is presently JOINT TOP SCORER IN THE BELGIAN LEAGUE!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

THE TRUTH IS i dont blame you people. Onyekuru's biggest mistake was agreeing to play for Nigeria. is it by force? Let Onyekuru move on with his career and Nigeria should move on with Musa and Simon. :lol: :lol: Kini big deal??!! The world will not end!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goldleaf wrote:

Would that be the road of being the highest goal scorer last season, and then presently being the joint highest goals scorer this season?

Truth is that you need to look at your own self and ask yourself serious questions! You are a grown man with a family, yet you spend your time on a website talking about a 20 year old who has his own life to live. Go to work and make a living, my friend!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Goldleaf wrote:When I said Onyekuru has not improved, danfo driver and gotti no gree make we hear word. Yesterday against Celtic (one of the poorest teams in the UCL), Onyekuru made little impact. He needs to look at himself and ask some very serious questions otherwise he may go down the road of Rabiu Ibrahim.
Dude, seriously you are too old to be telling bald-faced lies on a public forum... :D

What you actually said was that Onyekuru seems satisfied to be a big fish in a small pond and has shown no evidence that he wants to improve, to which I made the limited response of proffering his career progression over just the past 3 seasons - from youth academy to Belgian League top scorer to EPL club (albeit out on loan). Other than that, I have CONSISTENTLY maintained (on several different threads) that his game needs development and have severally argued with Ayo (and others) that he is on the outside looking-in with respect to the Russia 2018 WC squad. None of us knows where Onyekuru's talent will ultimately take him (or not take him) career-wise, but I am absolutely UNAPOLOGETIC for rooting for his success while you apparently seem to take some sort of twisted petty-minded personal delight in any perceived setback that he encounters. SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:When I said Onyekuru has not improved, danfo driver and gotti no gree make we hear word. Yesterday against Celtic (one of the poorest teams in the UCL), Onyekuru made little impact. He needs to look at himself and ask some very serious questions otherwise he may go down the road of Rabiu Ibrahim.
Dude, seriously you are too old to be telling bald-faced lies on a public forum... :D

What you actually said was that Onyekuru seems satisfied to be a big fish in a small pond and has shown no evidence that he wants to improve, to which I made the limited response of proffering his career progression over just the past 3 seasons - from youth academy to Belgian League top scorer to EPL club (albeit out on loan). Other than that, I have CONSISTENTLY maintained (on several different threads) that his game needs development and have severally argued with Ayo (and others) that he is on the outside looking-in with respect to the Russia 2018 WC squad. None of us knows where Onyekuru's talent will ultimately take him (or not take him) career-wise, but I am absolutely UNAPOLOGETIC for rooting for his success while you apparently seem to take some sort of twisted petty-minded personal delight in any perceived setback that he encounters. SMDH
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Babayaro played 3 seasons at Anderlecht, and Yobo played 3 seasons at Standard...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL