Aguero says they may have lost due to worry over his health

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Aguero says they may have lost due to worry over his health

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Aguero says Argentina may have lost to Nigeria because his team mates were worried about him - See more at: https://goo.gl/qNFCWp
tunde72
Egg
Egg
Re: Aguero says they may have lost due to worry over his hea

Post by tunde72 »

Thats good for them. It will do them like film
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Aguero says Argentina may have lost to Nigeria because his team mates were worried about him - See more at: https://goo.gl/qNFCWp
Very possible.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

We may have lost to them in 2002, with teammates worrying about Kanu, after Veron hit him in the chest.

We may have lost to France in 2014, with teammates worrying about Onazi, after Matuidi hacked him down.

Or maybe we lost because the result registered that these teams scored more than we did, and we should stop making excuses, as should the slightly less diminutive Argentinian.

Injuries are part of the game. Mental strength is part of the game. How deep is your WC run if that's all it takes for you to be gone?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Sure, just like we lost to them in the 1994 world cup game when Maradona took the free-kick when our players were not ready
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Aguero says Argentina may have lost to Nigeria because his team mates were worried about him - See more at: https://goo.gl/qNFCWp
Ok.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote:
Very possible.

Yup. I guess they will be on another revenge mission just like they were after they lost 4-1 in Abuja
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Very possible.
Yup. I guess they will be on another revenge mission just like they were after they lost 4-1 in Abuja
Of course! Everybody know such will be their aim and considering the game (world cup game) is more important, they will come to prove a point or two. If we lose the game - even if we have already qualified for the next round - then we have ourselves to blame.

Either way, let me be the first to say we will beat Croatia, will TOP THE GROUP and move to the next round. Every Nigerian; at least, can take this PREDICTION to the bank.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

metalalloy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Very possible.

That is so true.
We are yet to beat them with Messi playing.
Sports is at times more psychological than physical.
You need 100% focus. I have often argued that the distractions we face having to worry about money in the run-up to the knockout round games are more detrimental than any tactics, injury, refereeing decisions you can imagine.

Argentina is yet to prove they can win without Messi. Then you have a player as influential as Aguero having a health crisis at half-time... those could be used as valid excuses.

And until we beat them in a competitive game with their full complement of players, they still have the bragging rights.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tbite wrote:We may have lost to them in 2002, with teammates worrying about Kanu, after Veron hit him in the chest.

We may have lost to France in 2014, with teammates worrying about Onazi, after Matuidi hacked him down.

Or maybe we lost because the result registered that these teams scored more than we did, and we should stop making excuses, as should the slightly less diminutive Argentinian.

Injuries are part of the game. Mental strength is part of the game. How deep is your WC run if that's all it takes for you to be gone?

KPOM. Is Aguero telling us what we don't already know i.e. player psyche is part of the game and every game? Thus, this excuse is fit for the dust bin.
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Cellular wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Very possible.

That is so true.
You need 100% focus. I have often argued that the distractions we face having to worry about money in the run-up to the knockout round games are more detrimental than any tactics, injury, refereeing decisions you can imagine.

Argentina is yet to prove they can win without Messi. Then you have a player as influential as Aguero having a health crisis at half-time... those could be used as valid excuses.

And until we beat them in a competitive game with their full complement of players, they still have the bragging rights.
If any one is concerend about bonus please dont go to world cup, it is really not worth your while they are NOT going to pay you, this is for those that are ready to play even if they kick them out of the hotel
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Prince wrote:
Cellular wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Very possible.

That is so true.

If any one is concerend about bonus please dont go to world cup, it is really not worth your while they are NOT going to pay you, this is for those that are ready to play even if they kick them out of the hotel
:rotf: Going to the World Cup only to complain about money and refusing to sleep as a professional footballer has always caused me to shake my head!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Man, what an insult. See what Veron said. Oh my....I pray God that we silence our accusers thoroughly. Chai!!!
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

He would have been very angry if they won despite his ill health. Or would he have come and praise them if they won?

It was a friendly. They should get over it!!
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg