Is Ola Aina good enough to get into the Chelsea team?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Is Ola Aina good enough to get into the Chelsea team?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] As most of you know, Ola Aina is a Chelsea players currently out on loan to Hull City in the English Championship
[2] Most of you also probably know that Aina's biggest strength is getting forward but there are still question marks regarding his defensive capability
[3] Now, back to his parent club Chelsea, I am sure all of you are aware that Antonio Conte has finally found a winning formula with his 3-5-2 formation that gives Fabergas and Hazard the licence to run riot
[4] This system is highly dependent on the wingbacks getting forward and our own Victor Moses has excelled in the role given to him
[5] However, if you watch Chelsea closely, the left wingback position is their weakest link. That Marcos Alonso simply is not good enough
[6] I would be very surprised if Chelsea do not buy a new wingback in the January transfer window. last night, they had to use the makeshift Davide Zappacosta in the position because Alonso was simply not up to the task
[7] If you were Conte, would you risk recalling Aina from hull City and playing him as your leftback?
[8] In my opinion, Aina may not be of the quality of say Celestine Babayaro, Ashley Cole or Grahame Le Saux but he strikes me as being better than Alonso
[9] To make matters worse, Aina is naturally right footed. However, can he get the job done?
[10] If only we had a world class left fullback. This would have been an ideal opportunity for him.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is Ola Aina good enough to get into the Chelsea team?

Post by Tbite »

In what way was Alonso lacking?

Surely not offensively?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tbite wrote:In what way was Alonso lacking?

Surely not offensively?
He is nowhere near good enough. Compare his limited forays on the left with what Moses provides on the right.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Sorry bro but sometimes i think you post out of joblessness...what kind of question is this? Do you think Aina being good enough or not good enough is to be answered by CE? IF he is good enough dont you think he will be with the main squad and not on loan at a team struggling in the nationwide.

Why not start a sign up if Aina is good enough thread, maybe Conte will bow to the pressure from CE :lol: :lol: :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Surely not offensively?
He is nowhere near good enough. Compare his limited forays on the left with what Moses provides on the right.
The things you come up with sometimes Ayo are unbelievable :roll:

Alonso who is one of the first names on the team sheet at Chelsea is not good enough??
with his "limited forays" he still scored more goals than Moses last season and has 3 already this season
The one area Chelsea are definitely NOT lacking are the full back positions so forget Aina being recalled or any purchases in January
YNWA
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] As most of you know, Ola Aina is a Chelsea players currently out on loan to Hull City in the English Championship
[2] Most of you also probably know that Aina's biggest strength is getting forward but there are still question marks regarding his defensive capability
[3] Now, back to his parent club Chelsea, I am sure all of you are aware that Antonio Conte has finally found a winning formula with his 3-5-2 formation that gives Fabergas and Hazard the licence to run riot
[4] This system is highly dependent on the wingbacks getting forward and our own Victor Moses has excelled in the role given to him
[5] However, if you watch Chelsea closely, the left wingback position is their weakest link. That Marcos Alonso simply is not good enough
[6] I would be very surprised if Chelsea do not buy a new wingback in the January transfer window. last night, they had to use the makeshift Davide Zappacosta in the position because Alonso was simply not up to the task
[7] If you were Conte, would you risk recalling Aina from hull City and playing him as your leftback?
[8] In my opinion, Aina may not be of the quality of say Celestine Babayaro, Ashley Cole or Grahame Le Saux but he strikes me as being better than Alonso
[9] To make matters worse, Aina is naturally right footed. However, can he get the job done?
[10] If only we had a world class left fullback. This would have been an ideal opportunity for him.
Your premise is wrong because Alonso is highly trusted by Conte. The problem is unlike Moses side, there is absolutely no backup so Alonso has played pretty much every game apart from an odd rest here and there. This presumably has affected his form. Crazier things have happened but I don’t see Aina as the backup plan at LWB for Conte who prefers a seasoned lefty like the Juventus fella or any option that fits that general description. Realistically speaking, Aina is at least 1 to 2 more yrs of loan away from a viable recall following the footsteps of Christensen and Moses.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Surely not offensively?

Alonso who is one of the first names on the team sheet at Chelsea is not good enough??
with his "limited forays" he still scored more goals than Moses last season and has 3 already this season
The one area Chelsea are definitely NOT lacking are the full back positions so forget Aina being recalled or any purchases in January
Alonso is only in the team because there are no other options. Ask yourself how he compares with Le Saux, Babayaro and Cole. Alonso was labelled a "panic buy" as he was signed on transfer day, Did you read this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Cole.html
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Surely not offensively?

Alonso is only in the team because there are no other options. Ask yourself how he compares with Le Saux, Babayaro and Cole. Alonso was labelled a "panic buy" as he was signed on transfer day, Did you read this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Cole.html
Lol. Ayo you’re hilarious. Do you even watch games? :lol:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Alonso is solid. Very good player for Chelsea.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ayo, obviously you don’t watch games so let me indulge you small:
1. Alonso is a solid defender
2. He is pretty tall for a full back which gives him the edge on aerial balls (YouTube the first goal of CFC vs Arsenal at the bridge last season for a classic exhibit)
3. He’s got a wicked shot and it’s fairly accurate.
4. He’s is deceptively skilled on the ball.
5. Give him space and he will put in a searching cross into the danger zone.
6. He is one of if not Chelsea’s best free kick taker. Scratch that, he’s their best in that department.
7. For a defender, he scores a lot. He did so last season and has carried on this season.
8. From a mental aspect, he’s a warrior and actually has very good stamina.
9. His biggest weakness is lack of pace to get behind his marker unlike Moses.
10. What he needs is another viable option to split time with so he can maintain his form and condition consistently throughout a long 60game season and for me, Aina doesn’t yet fit that description.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Marco Alonso is crap, which is why he has never won a senior Spanish cap yet. Some of you are so exasperating with the way you argue.

Yes, Ola Aina may not be there yet but at least we know he is on the up. At 26, if Alonso has never won a senior Spanish cap, does that not tell you all you need to know?

Who wants to bet that Chelsea will buy a new leftback in January?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Marco Alonso is crap, which is why he has never won a senior Spanish cap yet. Some of you are so exasperating with the way you argue.

Yes, Ola Aina may not be there yet but at least we know he is on the up. At 26, if Alonso has never won a senior Spanish cap, does that not tell you all you need to know?

He is an excellent player. All your 10 points will not change that.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Alonso is not crap
He is a crisp and effective wingback
Aina is not on his level yet
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Let us agree to disagree. I do not rate Alonso at all. He is just a rich man's version of Echiejile.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Shuu?
See the pot calling the kettle black :rotf: :rotf:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Marco Alonso is crap, which is why he has never won a senior Spanish cap yet. Some of you are so exasperating with the way you argue.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Let us agree to disagree. I do not rate Alonso at all. He is just a rich man's version of Echiejile.
The funny thing is, for all our complaints of Echiejile's lack of offensive contribution, since Aina has come in, he hasn't provided that much offense from that position. He's spent most of the time defending.

But on Alonso, you are completely wrong, dude is actually a very very good wing back with an accurate shot and precise crossing, for all of Moses' forays down the line, Alonso is still more 'effective' as in providing more dangerous crosses/passes that lead to scoring chances and scoring himself.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Let us agree to disagree. I do not rate Alonso at all. He is just a rich man's version of Echiejile.
The funny thing is, for all our complaints of Echiejile's lack of offensive contribution, since Aina has come in, he hasn't provided that much offense from that position. He's spent most of the time defending.

But on Alonso, you are completely wrong, dude is actually a very very good wing back with an accurate shot and precise crossing, for all of Moses' forays down the line, Alonso is still more 'effective' as in providing more dangerous crosses/passes that lead to scoring chances and scoring himself.
Chei. I have heard it all. Obviously, you no watch last weekend's game.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

green4life wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Surely not offensively?

I am surprised that you are asking this question :taunt: I mean everyone knows that he does not watch the games. Gotti can help you with many examples. I am sure we have an example about 2 months ago!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Chei. I have heard it all. Obviously, you no watch last weekend's game.
I love Moses as much as the next Nigerian but going by stats alone, Alonso since he joined Chelsea is much more productive offensively than Moses. And one last thing: if he were Nigerian, Alonso will walk into our first 11 no doubt. Spain is always loaded - Azpilicueta must also be a crap player given at 28yrs old he’s still on the fringes of Spain NT using your analogy. But had he been a naija man, he’d walk straight into our first 11.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Alonso is a solid player!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] As most of you know, Ola Aina is a Chelsea players currently out on loan to Hull City in the English Championship
Are you talking about a different Marcos Alonso?

If it is the one at Chelski then you are just being your typical wAyo sef... saying things to get a reaction.

He is a solid (very good) wingback/Left Back. The problem is that he has NO as in ZERO cover for him... so he logs in extra minutes for Chelski which will affect any player's form.

Dont' forget that Azpilicueta is a LB but hardly ever plays LB for Chelski.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

[6] I would be very surprised if Chelsea do not buy a new wingback in the January transfer window. [7] If you were Conte, would you risk recalling Aina from hull City and playing him as your leftback?
[8] In my opinion, Aina may not be of the quality of say Celestine Babayaro, Ashley Cole or Grahame Le Saux but he strikes me as being better than Alonsolast night, they had to use the makeshift Davide Zappacosta in the position because Alonso was simply not up to the task

BULLCRAP...WE HAD TO REST HIM BECAUSE HE HAS PLAYED A LARGE # OF GAMES....SHEEESH/...AT LEAST BE HONEST
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

wanaj0 wrote:
green4life wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
heavyd wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Surely not offensively?

I am surprised that you are asking this question :taunt: I mean everyone knows that he does not watch the games. Gotti can help you with many examples. I am sure we have an example about 2 months ago!
Mikel4Wife, might have forgotten wAyo's antecedents... :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!