ICELAND WILL BE TOUGH TOO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
ICELAND WILL BE TOUGH TOO

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We seem to be forgetting that there’s another team in our group besides Argentina and Croatia, that team is Iceland. A team that plays the type of football that is inherently an antidote to the strengths of SE. Extremely disciplined, high work rate , they play team defense and attack and don’t make too many mistakes. They’ll punish you on set pieces, if they score first good luck trying to equalize.

Our ego frequently deceives us into thinking we’re better than some teams and just need to show up to beat them. Iceland is not one of those teams. Thankfully, Rohr doesn’t think like most of us do, he knows Iceland will be a huge challenge and will be prepared to grind it out with Iceland.
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ICELAND WILL BE TOUGH TOO

Post by pajimoh »

My brother, you don't go to the wc looking for was games. The bottom line is to qualify, you'll have to beat the teams in your group.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Look people...Let me be clear...I think we should respect all opponents, but in my decades long experience with the SE, the types of teams the SE should fear are:

-Highly organized and technically gifted teams: e.g. Germany, Italy.
-Teams with transcendent players: e.g. Argentina

Every other team, we should prepare for, and our coach being professional, will do so....But please, lets put things in perspective. We should beat the Croats and Iceland...though we can lose to them if we're unprepared. But man for man, player for player, we're better than they are. So let us prepare, and be ready...but all this fear is a bit over the top.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

deanotito wrote:Look people...Let me be clear...I think we should respect all opponents, but in my decades long experience with the SE, the types of teams the SE should fear are:

Every other team, we should prepare for, and our coach being professional, will do so....But please, lets put things in perspective. We should beat the Croats and Iceland...though we can lose to them if we're unprepared. But man for man, player for player, we're better than they are. So let us prepare, and be ready...but all this fear is a bit over the top.

This is the exact type of bravado I hope our players and staff don’t subscribe to. My fren, we are not a top team per previous results. Potential is not currency!
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
deanotito wrote:Look people...Let me be clear...I think we should respect all opponents, but in my decades long experience with the SE, the types of teams the SE should fear are:

This is the exact type of bravado I hope our players and staff don’t subscribe to. My fren, we are not a top team per previous results. Potential is not currency!
What previous results...Prey tell
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

No opponent should be underestimated after all they qualified and surly will prepare for the tournament,no one is turning up to deliberately get thrashed not even Saudi Arabia.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Denmark
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:We seem to be forgetting that there’s another team in our group besides Argentina and Croatia, that team is Iceland. A team that plays the type of football that is inherently an antidote to the strengths of SE. Extremely disciplined, high work rate , they play team defense and attack and don’t make too many mistakes. They’ll punish you on set pieces, if they score first good luck trying to equalize.

Our ego frequently deceives us into thinking we’re better than some teams and just need to show up to beat them. Iceland is not one of those teams. Thankfully, Rohr doesn’t think like most of us do, he knows Iceland will be a huge challenge and will be prepared to grind it out with Iceland.
Thanks Emir, for alerting CE 'experts' on the reality of Iceland.
We are salivating about playing England in a friendly, but care less about Iceland that
beat same team in real competition. If that does not expose the folly of CE experts, what will?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ANC wrote:Denmark

Kai, u wan kill person before wc sef. Yeeeeeeaaapaa.
[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:We seem to be forgetting that there’s another team in our group besides Argentina and Croatia, that team is Iceland. A team that plays the type of football that is inherently an antidote to the strengths of SE. Extremely disciplined, high work rate , they play team defense and attack and don’t make too many mistakes. They’ll punish you on set pieces, if they score first good luck trying to equalize.

“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I have never understood this. Why do you guys think your reaction or action or thought on Cybereagles has any bearing on how the players approach games???? :lol: You see people shaking here talking about "oh! lets not underestimate them." "Please dont talk like that! Lets look up to them!" DUDE!!!! your opinion is as irrelevant as a dogs asssssss... You can say or do whatever you like, no one cares. The players matter..... Not you, or your opinion.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Bulgaria
Spain
Greece
Bosnia

Listen bro...when well prepared, I'd say Nigeria should be able to beat the likes of Iceland. So let us prepare.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Iceland will probably line up a friendly against Cameroon or Ghana. That will give us a chance to see how they handle the physical and unpredictable nature of our game.

They are good side no doubt but their fans are absolutely amazing. Will be a tough game ..

[/video]
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Kongi just find out say Iceland toto is mighty cold!

No shaking.

Four points could get us to the next round . If we win our first match , we go win the group with 5 or 6 points .
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

deanotito wrote:
Bulgaria
Spain
Greece
Bosnia

Listen bro...when well prepared, I'd say Nigeria should be able to beat the likes of Iceland. So let us prepare.

I say Denmark because of the style of play. Bulgaria, greece, Spain, Bosnia you can say play pretty much the run of mill style of soccer. I have never watched a full Iceland match, but I am willing to bet that they play typical Scandinavian that of ball. Long balls, mixed with high accurate intermediate passing game...excellent in the air and with set pieces. Normal teams struggle with such type of teams, Brazil would even have to bring the A game.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:I have never understood this. Why do you guys think your reaction or action or thought on Cybereagles has any bearing on how the players approach games???? :lol: You see people shaking here talking about "oh! lets not underestimate them." "Please dont talk like that! Lets look up to them!" DUDE!!!! your opinion is as irrelevant as a dogs asssssss... You can say or do whatever you like, no one cares. The players matter..... Not you, or your opinion.
But it doesn't stop you from giving your thoughts on Vince on CE and abusing anyone that disagrees with you...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

danfo driver wrote:I have never understood this. Why do you guys think your reaction or action or thought on Cybereagles has any bearing on how the players approach games???? :lol: You see people shaking here talking about "oh! lets not underestimate them." "Please dont talk like that! Lets look up to them!" DUDE!!!! your opinion is as irrelevant as a dogs asssssss... You can say or do whatever you like, no one cares. The players matter..... Not you, or your opinion.
My brother I beg tell them o. I no know wetin concern agbero (our players) with overload (what fans on CE and fans in general thinks). Guys make it sound like players are sitting around underestimating the opponent. Even the Denmark that we lost to in 1998, they were truly better than us. It is the fans that is getting carried away because we beat Spain at the same tournament.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:
But it doesn't stop you from giving your thoughts on Vince on CE and abusing anyone that disagrees with you...
Abi o. He obviously believes his opinion is more important. Suegbe!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

You forgot to add: Any south American team.

Wha choo looking at?!
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

ANC wrote:I say Denmark because of the style of play. Bulgaria, greece, Spain, Bosnia you can say play pretty much the run of mill style of soccer. I have never watched a full Iceland match, but I am willing to bet that they play typical Scandinavian that of ball. Long balls, mixed with high accurate intermediate passing game...excellent in the air and with set pieces. Normal teams struggle with such type of teams, Brazil would even have to bring the A game.
Not all Scandinavian teams play the same. You are right that Iceland play like that but If you look at Denmark back then and current Denmark both of them play highly technical games. Iceland plays more like West Brom where their game depends 100% on set pieces. I doubt they score a lot from open play.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR; the truth is, all teams will be tough and like you said, I am sure our coaching crew and players are aware of it.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cmoke wrote:Kongi just find out say Iceland toto is mighty cold!

No shaking.

Four points could get us to the next round . If we win our first match , we go win the group with 5 or 6 points .
I say we go win the groop! We go win our firs mach against Croatia and from thia, we don move foreword be dat. No shaking at orl
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Abi o. He obviously believes his opinion is more important. Suegbe!
I might be a suegbe, but I know the difference between Colombia and Columbia University in New York. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank God I was sent to good schools and I am very exposed. I understand not everyone had that opportunity, growing up. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?