Onyekuru given second public dressing down.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: Onyekuru given second public dressing down.

Post by bully12 »

Gotti wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:When I said Onyekuru has not improved, danfo driver and gotti no gree make we hear word. Yesterday against Celtic (one of the poorest teams in the UCL), Onyekuru made little impact. He needs to look at himself and ask some very serious questions otherwise he may go down the road of Rabiu Ibrahim.
Dude, seriously you are too old to be telling bald-faced lies on a public forum... :D

What you actually said was that Onyekuru seems satisfied to be a big fish in a small pond and has shown no evidence that he wants to improve, to which I made the limited response of proffering his career progression over just the past 3 seasons - from youth academy to Belgian League top scorer to EPL club (albeit out on loan). Other than that, I have CONSISTENTLY maintained (on several different threads) that his game needs development and have severally argued with Ayo (and others) that he is on the outside looking-in with respect to the Russia 2018 WC squad. None of us knows where Onyekuru's talent will ultimately take him (or not take him) career-wise, but I am absolutely UNAPOLOGETIC for rooting for his success while you apparently seem to take some sort of twisted petty-minded personal delight in any perceived setback that he encounters. SMDH
Gbam Gbam the erudite attorney you have surely put this buffoon where he really belongs in the thrash can
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

danfo driver wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Onyekuru had a good game yesterday. I do agree though that it is now time for him to take his game to the next level. I guess the fans are losing patience with him.

He is about the same age as Wilfred Ndidi and went to Belgium in September 2015. Now that is enough time to have sorted himself out. Ndidi went to Belgium in January 2015 and look at him today.

Most of our best players who passed through Belgium like Babayaro and Yobo were snapped up within a year after establishing themselves rather quickly. Onyekuru was bought by Everton in June and I guess we all expected him to light up the Belgian league but so far we have not seen this new Messi we were all expecting.
When I said Onyekuru has not improved, danfo driver and gotti no gree make we hear word. Yesterday against Celtic (one of the poorest teams in the UCL), Onyekuru made little impact. He needs to look at himself and ask some very serious questions otherwise he may go down the road of Rabiu Ibrahim.
Would that be the road of being the highest goal scorer last season, and then presently being the joint highest goals scorer this season?

Truth is that you need to look at your own self and ask yourself serious questions! You are a grown man with a family, yet you spend your time on a website talking about a 20 year old who has his own life to live. Go to work and make a living, my friend!
Chief,

Pls some of us have been watching and analysing football for a very long time and should never be blamed or insulted for our insight and opinion. Football is one of life's pleasures. Are you related to Onyekuru in any way because you seem pained?
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Gotti wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:When I said Onyekuru has not improved, danfo driver and gotti no gree make we hear word. Yesterday against Celtic (one of the poorest teams in the UCL), Onyekuru made little impact. He needs to look at himself and ask some very serious questions otherwise he may go down the road of Rabiu Ibrahim.
Dude, seriously you are too old to be telling bald-faced lies on a public forum... :D

What you actually said was that Onyekuru seems satisfied to be a big fish in a small pond and has shown no evidence that he wants to improve, to which I made the limited response of proffering his career progression over just the past 3 seasons - from youth academy to Belgian League top scorer to EPL club (albeit out on loan). Other than that, I have CONSISTENTLY maintained (on several different threads) that his game needs development and have severally argued with Ayo (and others) that he is on the outside looking-in with respect to the Russia 2018 WC squad. None of us knows where Onyekuru's talent will ultimately take him (or not take him) career-wise, but I am absolutely UNAPOLOGETIC for rooting for his success while you apparently seem to take some sort of twisted petty-minded personal delight in any perceived setback that he encounters. SMDH
Gotti,

If Onyekuru turns out to be a legend at Goodison next season, we will applaud. For now, he is just not up to the job. As you can see, even Ayo is having a change of heart.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Goldleaf wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Gotti,

If Onyekuru turns out to be a legend at Goodison next season, we will applaud. For now, he is just not up to the job. As you can see, even Ayo is having a change of heart.
I would still have him in my World Cup team. If he does not deliver, he gets yanked off!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Gotti,

I would still have him in my World Cup team. If he does not deliver, he gets yanked off!
Based on his current form, he does not deserve a place in the World Cup squad. I don't believe he has shown enough to Rohr so far.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Gotti,

Based on his current form, he does not deserve a place in the World Cup squad. I don't believe he has shown enough to Rohr so far.

He is a supreme talent but I take your point. Henry Onyekuru and Kelechi Nwakali are two kids with world class talent that are yet to deliver the goods.

They are about the same ages as the likes of Mbappe, Rushford, Lingard, Martial, Sane, etc, who are already delivering on the big stage. Top make matters worse for then, Wilfred Ndidi has come of age.

They have not delivered but honestly, I cannot live with leaving them out of our World Cup team. Their talent is simply too apparent for them to be overlooked. I live in hope that they will come through before the end of the season sha.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bully12 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Gbam Gbam the erudite attorney you have surely put this buffoon where he really belongs in the thrash can

e just remain for someone to carry the trash out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goldleaf wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Onyekuru had a good game yesterday. I do agree though that it is now time for him to take his game to the next level. I guess the fans are losing patience with him.

He is about the same age as Wilfred Ndidi and went to Belgium in September 2015. Now that is enough time to have sorted himself out. Ndidi went to Belgium in January 2015 and look at him today.

Most of our best players who passed through Belgium like Babayaro and Yobo were snapped up within a year after establishing themselves rather quickly. Onyekuru was bought by Everton in June and I guess we all expected him to light up the Belgian league but so far we have not seen this new Messi we were all expecting.
When I said Onyekuru has not improved, danfo driver and gotti no gree make we hear word. Yesterday against Celtic (one of the poorest teams in the UCL), Onyekuru made little impact. He needs to look at himself and ask some very serious questions otherwise he may go down the road of Rabiu Ibrahim.
Would that be the road of being the highest goal scorer last season, and then presently being the joint highest goals scorer this season?

Truth is that you need to look at your own self and ask yourself serious questions! You are a grown man with a family, yet you spend your time on a website talking about a 20 year old who has his own life to live. Go to work and make a living, my friend!
Chief,

Pls some of us have been watching and analysing football for a very long time and should never be blamed or insulted for our insight and opinion. Football is one of life's pleasures. Are you related to Onyekuru in any way because you seem pained?

Go to work!!! Christmas is coming you need to make money for chop money and clothes for children! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Gotti,

He is a supreme talent but I take your point. Henry Onyekuru and Kelechi Nwakali are two kids with world class talent that are yet to deliver the goods.

They are about the same ages as the likes of Mbappe, Rushford, Lingard, Martial, Sane, etc, who are already delivering on the big stage. Top make matters worse for then, Wilfred Ndidi has come of age.

They have not delivered but honestly, I cannot live with leaving them out of our World Cup team. Their talent is simply too apparent for them to be overlooked. I live in hope that they will come through before the end of the season sha.
LIngard is 25 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

danfo driver wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

Chief,

Go to work!!! Christmas is coming you need to make money for chop money and clothes for children! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
One minute Onyekuru, the next insults.
Just when you thought CE could not sink any lower, here comes yet another bag of horse manure to stink the joint out.
Poorly brought up, ill-trained punk mofo!
I am sure you can make your poor parents proud of you if you try hard enough.:boo: :boo:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goldleaf wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

Chief,

One minute Onyekuru, the next insults.
Just when you thought CE could not sink any lower, here comes yet another bag of horse manure to stink the joint out.
Poorly brought up, ill-trained punk mofo!
I am sure you can make your poor parents proud of you if you try hard enough.:boo: :boo:
Your post has been flagged for parental abuse. Now you can take your ban, and use that time to go get gainful employment! like i said, Christmas is coming! chop money and christmas clothes is due. By January, children;s school fees! Go and get a job! :lol: :lol: