The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:Everton have approached the Gunners about 28-year-old England forward Theo Walcott, who is yet to start a first-team game this season.

one sack of garri, one sack of groundnuts, and they can have Walcott.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I tip Walcott to get into double figures for goals this year. I see him scoring 2 tonight. C'mon Theo.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:Everton have approached the Gunners about 28-year-old England forward Theo Walcott, who is yet to start a first-team game this season.

Add a couple of gworo to that bro!
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Nkume wrote:I tip Walcott to get into double figures for goals this year. I see him scoring 2 tonight. C'mon Theo.
If I'm like make I'm score 10, he needs to go.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Cito wrote:
Nkume wrote:I tip Walcott to get into double figures for goals this year. I see him scoring 2 tonight. C'mon Theo.

Nwanna take am easy. They guy has scored over 100 for us. He is NOT Neymar and no one is saying he should be starting, but while he is with us, he can still be an important part of the team. Although I think a move away will be better for his career.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
So long as we stick to playing 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1, then we can sell at the right price. But if we sold Theo and then decide permanently to revert to 4 at the back, we will need to spend a lot of money to replace his skills. Theo is still one of the better wide forwards in a 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 system a relatively cheap option given his experience. His goals return before his cruciate injury and last season when he plundered 19 goals despite missing the last 10 games of the season is clear evidence of his value in the right system.

However, if we are to sell, we need to careful.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cito wrote:
Why?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Waffiman wrote:
Cito wrote:
Why?
So the young shall grow.

I have nothing bad against Theo personally, he IS a faithful , loyal team member and a perfect gentleman, however we have guys in the team that without him making way on time they would get stunted or leave themselves.

He has shown us what he has and has delivered we need to see what the youngens have in stock .. Also he has fallen on hard times with starting place - he needs to go to a team like Everton or West yam that will always start him. next year na WC.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cito wrote:
Why?
So the young shall grow.

I have nothing bad against Theo personally, he IS a faithful , loyal team member and a perfect gentleman, however we have guys in the team that without him making way on time they would get stunted or leave themselves.

He has shown us what he has and has delivered we need to see what the youngens have in stock .. Also he has fallen on hard times with starting place - he needs to go to a team like Everton or West yam that will always start him. next year na WC.
You know, I am torn in this. Yes likes of Rene Adelaide and Reiss awaits but, they are unproven at senior level or any system we have played. A huge gamble to sell Theo for them.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cito wrote:
Why?
So the young shall grow.

You know, I am torn in this. Yes likes of Rene Adelaide and Reiss awaits but, they are unproven at senior level or any system we have played. A huge gamble to sell Theo for them.
I reckon they are not good enough. If they were, Wenger will play them. He played Cesc, Walcott, Wilshire, Bellerin, Iwobi, and Gibbs, when they were less than 18.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cito wrote:
Why?
So the young shall grow.

I reckon they are not good enough. If they were, Wenger will play them. He played Cesc, Walcott, Wilshire, Bellerin, Iwobi, and Gibbs, when they were less than 18.
It is not just about being good enough. There is also luck playing its part with opportunity and of course the quality and numbers in front of you for a position.

Even if Theo is sold there is Welbeck and Iwobi looking for a place in that wide forward position. I thought Iwobi was brilliant against ManU, more performances like that and the decision to sell Theo becomes easier.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Is Walcott fit or injured?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Who is starting game thread? I will if I must, but can't guarantee up to the minute updates.

:D
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has made 11 changes from the side which lost 3-1 win to Manchester United for the visit of Bate Borisov.

David Ospina starts in goal while Wenger has selected a back four of Mathieu Debuchy, Rob Holding, Calum Chambers and Ainsley Maitland-Niles.

Mohamed Elneny, Francis Coquelin and Jack Wilshere start in midfield while the Gunners have an attacking trio of Theo Walcott, Olivier Giroud and Danny Welbeck.

Arsenal: Ospina, Debuchy, Chambers, Holding, Maitland-Niles, Elneny, Coquelin, Wilshere, Walcott, Welbeck, Giroud Subs: Macey, Sheaf, Nelson, Reine-Adelaide, Willock, Nketiah, Akpom
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Wenger should have just bench the front 3 and play the kids upfront. Nothing there for us to see from Walcott and Giroud?This game is of no significant in the standing.Gove those youth playing time.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

kajifu wrote:Wenger should have just bench the front 3 and play the kids upfront. Nothing there for us to see from Walcott and Giroud?This game is of no significant in the standing.Gove those youth playing time.
Why?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Squad for Sunday

Cech

Kosielny Per Monreal

Bellerin Shaka Rambo Kolasinac

Ozil Lacazzette Alexis (AOL*)
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

The guys looked good in Training. Matches are coming up at a furious pace. Theophilus, Big OG, LeCoq Sportif, Jacques, Mo ElNeny, will have lots of matches to play.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

BTW, I hope Shity smack the shite out of Maunreenhoe and his bunch of misfits. I hope Shitty spell MAN UNT! I predict 6-0.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Shouldn't you wish for a draw so that Arsenal can gain 2 points on both after our in tomorrow? You don't want us to catch up to those guys?
Nkume wrote:BTW, I hope Shity smack the shite out of Maunreenhoe and his bunch of misfits. I hope Shitty spell MAN UNT! I predict 6-0.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

bepanda wrote:Shouldn't you wish for a draw so that Arsenal can gain 2 points on both after our in tomorrow? You don't want us to catch up to those guys?
Nkume wrote:BTW, I hope Shity smack the shite out of Maunreenhoe and his bunch of misfits. I hope Shitty spell MAN UNT! I predict 6-0.
We are not winning the league or catchiny SHitty. We can catch Mumu FC.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:Squad for Sunday

Cech

Kosielny Per Monreal

Bellerin Shaka Rambo Kolasinac

Ozil Lacazzette Alexis (AOL*)
Where is Mustafi? :sneaky:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:The guys looked good in Training. Matches are coming up at a furious pace. Theophilus, Big OG, LeCoq Sportif, Jacques, Mo ElNeny, will have lots of matches to play.

So you watched the training session? :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.