SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote:anybody could coach a team but not everyone can manage a team
Well, so far Oliseh is coaching and managing the team successfully, so he is doing a good job. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

jette1 wrote:anybody could coach a team but not everyone can manage a team

If anyone could do it, why was the coach that preceded Oliseh fired?
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Results from the last fortnight

Cambuur 1 - 0 Fortuna Sittard

Fortuna Sittard 2 - 1 Go Ahead Eagles

League position as of this week

# Team MP W D L F A D P Last 5 matches H2H
1 NEC 14 10 3 1 31 16 +15 33 WWWWW
2 Previous rank: 3 Fortuna Sittard 14 8 2 4 32 16 +16 26 WLWLD
3 Previous rank: 2 Ajax II 14 8 2 4 30 24 +6 26 LLLWL
4 Previous rank: 5 De Graafschap 14 6 6 2 27 12 +15 24 WLWWD
5 Previous rank: 6 Den Bosch 14 6 5 3 26 17 +9 23 DWWDD

Culled from http://us.soccerway.com/national/nether ... on/r41039/
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Full schedule of games in netherlands last night.

Helmond Sport 1 - 3 Fortuna Sittard

1 NEC 15 10 3 2 33 19 +14 33 LWWWW
2 Previous rank: 3 Fortuna Sittard 15 9 2 4 35 17 +18 29

Joint second in the table on goals difference.

Culled as always from http://us.soccerway.com/national/nether ... on/r41039/
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Eclipse wrote:Full schedule of games in netherlands last night.

Helmond Sport 1 - 3 Fortuna Sittard

1 NEC 15 10 3 2 33 19 +14 33 LWWWW
2 Previous rank: 3 Fortuna Sittard 15 9 2 4 35 17 +18 29

Joint second in the table on goals difference.

Culled as always from http://us.soccerway.com/national/nether ... on/r41039/
Eclipse,
Thanks for the updates. Keep it coming. I am super thrilled to see Oliseh's
team in this position. How many teams make it into the 1st Division once
the season is over?

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

The first team gets automatic promotion...2nd through to fifth go through play-offs.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tbite wrote:I was hoping that Ajax2 were the team on top, but it is NEC unfortunately.

7 points adrift of NEC who can be promoted. But all that aside, there are still playoffs.

NEC lost 2 days ago, so down to 4 points. Its still December. Quite a lot of games to play.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

cic old boy wrote:
:thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

smartbrother wrote:good luck to him but he was a horrible coach for Nigeria
Rohr has put him to shame
Hopefully never returns to the SE.
Never.
Ol' boy, if he was treated half as well by the NFF, we may be singing a different tune now.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

cchinukw wrote:
Never.
Ol' boy, if he was treated half as well by the NFF, we may be singing a different tune now.
What about if the experience with NFF has helped him to be where he is today? Whether we like it or not NFF was NFF and Oliseh could not handle NFF, nothing strange there, he was simply not the right coach for NFF. Rohr is buzzing with the same SE and under the same condition. Swap Rohr with Oliseh on Sittard, he might not do well as Oliseh has done.

Oliseh has moved , he failed with SE , yes because he could not work in the hostile environment, i want to believe it is all part of the learning curve in his career! In this job a coach is as good as the next job. The same Oliseh may show up for the SE job years down the road and be more matured and equipped to do a better job....the beauty of the surprises that awaits us in this world. That if we are careful not to look at life from a rigid position!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

oloye wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Never.
What about if the experience with NFF has helped him to be where he is today? Whether we like it or not NFF was NFF and Oliseh could not handle NFF, nothing strange there, he was simply not the right coach for NFF. Rohr is buzzing with the same SE and under the same condition. Swap Rohr with Oliseh on Sittard, he might not do well as Oliseh has done.

Oliseh has moved , he failed with SE , yes because he could not work in the hostile environment, i want to believe it is all part of the learning curve in his career! In this job a coach is as good as the next job. The same Oliseh may show up for the SE job years down the road and be more matured and equipped to do a better job....the beauty of the surprises that awaits us in this world. That if we are careful not to look at life from a rigid position!
Agreed bro and I never liked Oliseh's stint with the SE anyway.

Just pointing out that the NFF appeared to everything possible to make him fail.

I doubt that is the case with Rohr or he too would have walked a long time ago.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

cic old boy wrote:
Carry-on my brother, many of us are PROUD of you. Good job :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

cchinukw wrote:
oloye wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Never.

Just pointing out that the NFF appeared to everything possible to make him fail.

You are probably correct. The NFF is known to take a good care and with better working conditions for foreign coaches compared to what our local coaches go through.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
oloye wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Never.

You are probably correct. The NFF is known to take a good care and with better working conditions for foreign coaches compared to what our local coaches go through.
But they wooed Oliseh, not like he came begging for the job, they had to actually convince him to take it, and I haven't seen him blaming the NFF for anything.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Abeg..leave and Oliseh and the NFF to the annals of history, that ship sailed a long time ago! All am interested in are the strides Oliseh is currently making with Fortuna Sittard! I am hoping his success will open the doors to more African coaches (particularly ex footballers) getting roles as managers going forward.

Black people only get the top jobs in their respective fields most of the time in the west because their equals of a Caucasian persuasion have failed and failed again!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

We are happy that Oliseh I doing extremely well and I've prophesied that he'll be promoted as champions. But his gig with the SE did not work out well. Both parties were responsible. It is the same job Rohr is doing now. The SE job would have given Oliseh more visibility than the current one he's doing but his path to success might not necessarily be through the SE. As long as he's happy. I'm certainly happy for him
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
YEEEEEESSSS!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

After NEC Nijmegen mauled Dordrecht 6-0 and Jong Ajax won 4-0 on friday, I was scared and refused to check Sittard's game on Monday. cheii!!! Fight for promotion is tough o, but WE are getting there. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I am sure the Sittard fans cannot believe their luck! From almost relegation to get a coach who has made them a force in the division and fighting for promotion. wow! This is why its good to take a chance on people. They could have gone for an old head dutch guy and they'd probably still be fighting relegation today.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Never.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The full match:

[/video]

The highlights:

[/video]
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Fortuna Sittard (5) - (0) RKC Waalwijk

5 minutes to go! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

the NEC Nijmegen game was postponed, so Fortuna will close the gap to 1 point at the top of the table. By the grace of God, with the rescheduled game, and packed fixture, NEC will drop points.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This kid who is 18, Perr Schuurs is a CB and has scored the first and the second goal today. Oliseh made him captain when in October when he was just 18. Unfortunately for Fortuna, Ajax has just signed him, yesterday. Hopefully, Fortuna got enough money and can also loan him back next year.

See the news of Ajax signing him yesterday:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/ajax-sign-r ... w23qpa427d