TOT 2017/2018 Season: [PL] 77 PTS 3RD; [FAC] SM; [CL] R16

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [PL] TOT vs STK

Post by Its a Goal »

Back we come to the Premier League. A season defining match against one of the hard working teams in the league. A team that will and is always ready to kick and stuff it to you if you allow them. To beat them we have to be at our best physically and skill wise. We have the creative players to unlock their defense at will the only question is do they have the appetite to brawl? We have the players to match them physically but are they willing to stand up to them when they get challenged?

The good news is our injury chart table is not getting any worse but actually getting better. Wanyama is close to returning, Lamela is back to full fitness although not yet at his optimal sharpness, Kane is fully returned and there are no new injury concerns. The only one on the nursing table is Alderweireld and it is expected he won't make a return until close to end of the season.

The midweek match gave MoPo the opportunity to rest a lot of players that needed it badly. Kane, Eriksen and Dier have all been playing non stop since the season began for club and country and the strain of those games was beginning to tell on them. Those first team players that played didn't have to push themselves straineously as the opposition was relatively speaking weak.

I expect MoPo to tweak his team slightly in preparation for the busy schedule coming up. Dele hasn't had a good game in a while so I expect him to be benched. Son has had a few games and done relatively well in them by scoring and assisting so I expect him to start. Lamela is still trying to get back into match fitness so he won't get a starting spot tomorrow. The fullbacks will be rotated again while we should return to a 4 in the back instead of 3 as Sanchez is starting his 3 match ban. My lineup will be 4-2-3-1:

• Kane
  • Son - Eriksen - Sissoko
    • Winks - Dembele

Davis - Jan - Dier - Trippier
      • Lloris

The only player that I foresee not making the lineup is Sissoko, who could be benched for either Lamela or Dele. MoPo has bro-love for Dele and always plays him regardless of form. This is a match we have no business dropping points so we have to go all out and win convincingly.

COYS!
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele's ball control is still poor.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Geeez, Dele turns the ball over again.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Spurs have lost form or what..where has the zip in their game gone? Dele now looks more like an MK Dons player than a premiership player.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Trippier with a bad decision making almost gifts Allen.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]oloye[/color] wrote: Spurs have lost form or what..where has the zip in their game gone? Dele now looks more like an MK Dons player than a premiership player.
Honestly it is hard to explain. Last year we were brilliant in the league but poor in the CL. Reverse is the case this season.

What I don't get is MoPo's unwillingness to bench Dele despite the fact he has not been playing well.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Own goal and Spurs take the lead.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

This Shawcross has become a liability to Stoke abeg
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This is exactly the medicine the doctor prescribed.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son with a breakaway but failed to take advantage of the situation.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Butland saves a good Eriksen freekick.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Trippier has regressed or what? I can't even decide who is better or worse between Trippier and Aurier at this point

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Seriously, Dele should not be benching Son again.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Trippier acting lazy.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane missed a sure banker :shock:.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

That miss was his bread and butter.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Second half, I'll play Lamela for Dele.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Why can't we be prolific?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Handball against Shawcross not given.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Boring and uninspiring half punctuated by a Shawcross own goal. We should have been at least 2 goals if only these boys can show up.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane over the bar from 2 yards out.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele not pulling the trigger on time.