2018 Nigerian League Abruptly Ended - Lobi declared "champs"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 17/18 Season Nigerian Premier League: Preparations....

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Five Takeaways from Abia Warriors vs El-Kanemi tune-up tie
http://npfl.ng/index.php/news-features/ ... une-up-tie
Published on Sunday, 26 November 2017 17:39 Hits: 409
By Clement Nwankpa Jr

Ocheme Edoh's 26th minute strike was all El-Kanemi Warriors needed to beat Abia Warriors 1-0 in a pre-season friendly at Umuahia Township Stadium. Here are five takeaways from the thrilling encounter

Everton's back three experiment
New Abia Warriors coach, Rafael Everton has been toying with the idea of deploying a three-man central defence next season. This was a perfect platform to test this formation against a formidable opposition. This was just a friendly. There is still ample time for him to work on this experiment and see whether it is sustainable. Austin Obaroakpo featured on the right side of the back three, Chinedu Efugh played in the centre and Abiodun Adebayo to the left. A couple of times the trio were caught out of position as they struggled to come to terms with the demands. The biggest culprit was Obaroakpo, who at some point got lost in a full back position. There were also those important details of getting the wing backs Emmanuel Ogbuagu and Goodluck Ozioma create the desired incision from the flanks well aware that they had ample cover from three central defenders.

El-Kanemi love it in Umuahia
This was just a friendly but the importance of avoiding a defeat was not lost on the Abia Warriors faithful. El-Kanemi won in Umuahia last season before completing a double on Abia Warriors in Maiduguri. They felt at ease in Umuahia. The arena is becoming a good hunting ground.

Ocheme still has class
Ocheme's sublime strike was a deserving winner. The composure he showed in turning away and hitting target highlighted his class. His off-the-ball runs and knack to hold up the ball and play on his teammates was the highpoint of El-Kanemi's counter-attacking disposition. It had been observed that Abia Warriors back three had positional difficulties, Ocheme's runs posed the biggest threat.

Abia Warriors need another striker
Abia Warriors were definitely the better team on the day. For a neutral, they were the better jelled team and provided more entertainment. It is obvious Everton is putting together a bunch of entertainers but he must find a way to have a more solid presence in the final third. They had problems getting behind the visitors' back four and most of their attempts at goal were long range efforts. The club cannot afford an over-reliance on Sunday Adetunji, who, by the way, may not be available for the beginning of the season. Another fox in the box should be a priority. If they had one in this game, the result would have been different. They didn't really deserve to lose.

Imama yet to assert himself on this team
Imama Amapakabo is noted for his high-pressing game. This El-Kanemi team were far from a vintage Imama performance. Little wonder he was furious and kicked the rail from the stands where he chose to watch the game in one instance when a player passed the ball backwards when a teammate had made an attacking run. It was more of a cautious display and the team discipline must be applauded, but Imama has not got a hold on this team yet. Was it why he did not sit on the bench?
So Imama took Ocheme Edoh along with him from Rangers to El-kanemi!!! I wonder who else he has poached from us!!
ukwala,

I understand Mathew Etim left for Akwa United. Akor also left for a club in the North. However, I think Rangers' have a good coach in Ogunbote and usually there are several young talents coming through from Enugu. One of the kids is the Koma Million boy who was top scorer at the Academy tournament last season. I also understand there is a defender coming through from that squad as well.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote: ukwala,

I understand Mathew Etim left for Akwa United. Akor also left for a club in the North. However, I think Rangers' have a good coach in Ogunbote and usually there are several young talents coming through from Enugu. One of the kids is the Koma Million boy who was top scorer at the Academy tournament last season. I also understand there is a defender coming through from that squad as well.
EII, our title winning team of 2 years ago has been dismantled. Obinna Nwobodo has gone to Hungary, Chisom Egbuchulam to Scandinavia, Bobby Clement to Kuwait, Emmanuel Daniel to South Africa plus a few like the ones you mentioned to other NPFL teams. Ogunbote has his work cut out.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:
Enugu II wrote: ukwala,

EII, our title winning team of 2 years ago has been dismantled. Obinna Nwobodo has gone to Hungary, Chisom Egbuchulam to Scandinavia, Bobby Clement to Kuwait, Emmanuel Daniel to South Africa plus a few like the ones you mentioned to other NPFL teams. Ogunbote has his work cut out.
I think he is up to the task as long as he has youth. Stacking the team with veterans will be a bad sign, IMHO. I also hope the state can fully support him as per player welfare.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I’m not yet a Rangers player, says Femi Thomas
http://aoifootball.com/2017/11/27/im-no ... mi-thomas/
By Jeremiah Umahi - November 27, 2017 5 0

Former Rivers United shot-stopper, Femi Thomas, has revealed that his move to Enugu Rangers has not materialised, despite media reports that he has signed for the Flying Antelopes.

The former Enyimba safe hands told AOIFootball.com exclusively that he is currently praying that his move to Enugu Rangers will materialise because he is willing to play for the team next season as the club has shown ambition and are willing to go back to the continent, something he reckons has informed their decision to retain most of their old players to ensure there is continuity.

“My move from Rivers United to Rangers has not really materialised, but I am with them right now. We have agreed in principle, but it has not really materialised, which I pray it will.

“I’m willing to join the club because they have shown ambition and are ready to go back to the continent. They also retained most of their old players, which for me, is a good idea because if a club retains most of its old players, there will be continuity,” Thomas said.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Enugu II wrote:

Former Rivers United shot-stopper, Femi Thomas, has revealed that his move to Enugu Rangers has not materialised, despite media reports that he has signed for the Flying Antelopes.

The former Enyimba safe hands told AOIFootball.com exclusively that he is currently praying that his move to Enugu Rangers will materialise because he is willing to play for the team next season as the club has shown ambition and are willing to go back to the continent, something he reckons has informed their decision to retain most of their old players to ensure there is continuity.

“My move from Rivers United to Rangers has not really materialised, but I am with them right now. We have agreed in principle, but it has not really materialised, which I pray it will.

“I’m willing to join the club because they have shown ambition and are ready to go back to the continent. They also retained most of their old players, which for me, is a good idea because if a club retains most of its old players, there will be continuity,” Thomas said.
This dude needs to start playing fast. If he has not lost form, he is the best keeper in the domestic league and can be in the SE mix before the World Cup.
I wonder why they change clubs every season (even though he was with Enyimba for about 5 years, and only followed Ikhana to Kano Pillars).

The next improvement LMC need to make might be to stipulate that contract for players under 30 should be at least for 2 years, and a transfer fee/buyout should be necessary for moves before the expiration of the contract.

If MFM is smart (I don't think they are), they should sign Femi Thomas. I saw them a number of times last season and their keeper(s) can't take them far in the CAF Champions league.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

truetalk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

This dude needs to start playing fast. If he has not lost form, he is the best keeper in the domestic league and can be in the SE mix before the World Cup.
I wonder why they change clubs every season (even though he was with Enyimba for about 5 years, and only followed Ikhana to Kano Pillars).

The next improvement LMC need to make might be to stipulate that contract for players under 30 should be at least for 2 years, and a transfer fee/buyout should be necessary for moves before the expiration of the contract.

If MFM is smart (I don't think they are), they should sign Femi Thomas. I saw them a number of times last season and their keeper(s) can't take them far in the CAF Champions league.

Truetalk,

Femi Thomas has already signed for Enugu Rangers.

You wonder why players move around often? The reason is because in many cases they are poorly compensated or not compensated at all for their labor. The move around gives them leverage to negotiate a sign-on fee of which a % is at least paid up front before they sign. Thus, the movement that you see is associated with the economic situation faced by labor.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Rangers fear Governor’s backlash should they resign BK Hacken returnee Chisom Egbuchulam
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/12/09/r ... gbuchulam/
By admin - December 9, 2017, 3:19 pm221 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Chisom Egbuchulam – Rangers may not resign him on his return from Sweden
Scorenigeria.com.ng can report exclusively Chisom Egbuchulam may not find a place in coach Gbenga Ogunbote’s squad for the coming 2017/2018 Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) season, which gets underway on 14 January, 2018, because the star striker has drawn the wrath of the Enugu State Governor.

Egbuchulam was a huge contributor to Rangers triumph in the 2015/2016 league as ‘The Flying Antelopes’ clinched their first domestic trophy in 32 years.

But his season long loan move to BK Hacken of Sweden went up in smokes as the European club have returned the player’s loan transfer documents back to their Nigerian club counterparts, Rangers.

But Scorenigeria.com.ng checks at the 23, Lugard Avenue, Abakaliki Road seat of powers for the Antelopes revealed that Rangers are finding it increasingly difficult to register the striker for the coming season for fears of a possible backlash from the government of the state, sponsors of the team, whom, it was alleged, the top marksman allegedly offended prior to his move to BK Hacken.

“At a meeting with players of Rangers prior to the start last season, Enugu State Governor had a heart-to-heart talk with Egbuchulam at which the striker promised his availability for ‘The Flying Antelopes’ campaign.

“The governor even gave out some cash which the players shared, including Egbuchulam but few days after, the forward boarded the next available flight for Sweden.

“The governor was embittered over that action and now that he is back, Rangers officials are reluctant to sign him for fear of possible backlash from the Governor”, a close confidant if the player said to Scorenigeria.com.ng

But an official of Rangers who spoke to Scorenigeria.com.ng said the player’s attitude has not helped matters.

“I will say it was not as if Rangers do not want to sign Egbuchulam,” he opened up.

“Truth is, Egbuchulam has not helped his case.

“He has been evasive since his return, not committed to attending training sessions.

“Yes, BK Hacken have returned his transfer papers by way of ITC, making him a bonafide player of Rangers.

“This means that no matter what, he is a player of Rangers.

“You would recall that even Ejike Uzoenyi makes himself available for Rangers training any time he is around but such is not the case with Chisom”, the Rangers official stressed.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

1 day to go
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Na wa oo! So Chisom Egbuchulam couldn't hack it in Hacken?? And what is this story about re-signing him if he is a bona fide player of Rangers? If Rangers make shakara, I am sure there are many clubs willing to take him but I pray common sense prevails and Rangers take him. Pity it didn't work out for him in Sweden, he is a very good player- part of our title winning super quartet known as CANE (Clement, Aguda, Nwobodo, Egbuchulam). Now that we have another good coach, we should be looking to back him up with good players.
Enugu II wrote:
Rangers fear Governor’s backlash should they resign BK Hacken returnee Chisom Egbuchulam
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/12/09/r ... gbuchulam/
By admin - December 9, 2017, 3:19 pm221 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Chisom Egbuchulam – Rangers may not resign him on his return from Sweden
Scorenigeria.com.ng can report exclusively Chisom Egbuchulam may not find a place in coach Gbenga Ogunbote’s squad for the coming 2017/2018 Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) season, which gets underway on 14 January, 2018, because the star striker has drawn the wrath of the Enugu State Governor.

Egbuchulam was a huge contributor to Rangers triumph in the 2015/2016 league as ‘The Flying Antelopes’ clinched their first domestic trophy in 32 years.

But his season long loan move to BK Hacken of Sweden went up in smokes as the European club have returned the player’s loan transfer documents back to their Nigerian club counterparts, Rangers.

But Scorenigeria.com.ng checks at the 23, Lugard Avenue, Abakaliki Road seat of powers for the Antelopes revealed that Rangers are finding it increasingly difficult to register the striker for the coming season for fears of a possible backlash from the government of the state, sponsors of the team, whom, it was alleged, the top marksman allegedly offended prior to his move to BK Hacken.

“At a meeting with players of Rangers prior to the start last season, Enugu State Governor had a heart-to-heart talk with Egbuchulam at which the striker promised his availability for ‘The Flying Antelopes’ campaign.

“The governor even gave out some cash which the players shared, including Egbuchulam but few days after, the forward boarded the next available flight for Sweden.

“The governor was embittered over that action and now that he is back, Rangers officials are reluctant to sign him for fear of possible backlash from the Governor”, a close confidant if the player said to Scorenigeria.com.ng

But an official of Rangers who spoke to Scorenigeria.com.ng said the player’s attitude has not helped matters.

“I will say it was not as if Rangers do not want to sign Egbuchulam,” he opened up.

“Truth is, Egbuchulam has not helped his case.

“He has been evasive since his return, not committed to attending training sessions.

“Yes, BK Hacken have returned his transfer papers by way of ITC, making him a bonafide player of Rangers.

“This means that no matter what, he is a player of Rangers.

“You would recall that even Ejike Uzoenyi makes himself available for Rangers training any time he is around but such is not the case with Chisom”, the Rangers official stressed.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I thought the move to Sweden was for a loan period. That period may have ended.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:I thought the move to Sweden was for a loan period. That period may have ended.
Yea, but I am confused by this phrase "But his season long loan move to BK Hacken of Sweden went up in smokes as the European club have returned the player’s loan transfer documents back to their Nigerian club counterparts, Rangers." In any case, I believe that if he had impressed them sufficiently, they would have signed him on full time.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I thought the move to Sweden was for a loan period. That period may have ended.
Yea, but I am confused by this phrase "But his season long loan move to BK Hacken of Sweden went up in smokes as the European club have returned the player’s loan transfer documents back to their Nigerian club counterparts, Rangers." In any case, I believe that if he had impressed them sufficiently, they would have signed him on full time.
True word. If he was impressive, they possibly could have signed him for a longer period. Hopefully, he is inability to impress them is not something that is character/behavior based as that could be difficult to overcome in the future. I hope it is football-based in terms of him not exactly doing as well as the coach expected. That is much easier to deal with going forward.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
ukwala wrote:
True word. If he was impressive, they possibly could have signed him for a longer period. Hopefully, he is inability to impress them is not something that is character/behavior based as that could be difficult to overcome in the future. I hope it is football-based in terms of him not exactly doing as well as the coach expected. That is much easier to deal with going forward.
Correct. The first thing for him is to quickly settle down and start playing again, and then hope that he gets another chance. I wish the young man the very best. He was instrumental in bringing back Rangers long lost glory 2 seasons ago.
On another note, our players that go to Scandinavia and East Europe just seem to disappear without trace. No feedback whatsoever. I was watching a South Africa league game yesterday and saw Azubuike Egwuekwe; he actually scored for Super Sport United. The last I heard of him, he was supposed to be in Finland!! I also stumbled on Victor Obinna Nsofor playing for Benni Macarthy's team (Cape Town City) in South Africa.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ukwala wrote:
Correct. The first thing for him is to quickly settle down and start playing again, and then hope that he gets another chance. I wish the young man the very best. He was instrumental in bringing back Rangers long lost glory 2 seasons ago.
On another note, our players that go to Scandinavia and East Europe just seem to disappear without trace. No feedback whatsoever. I was watching a South Africa league game yesterday and saw Azubuike Egwuekwe; he actually scored for Super Sport United. The last I heard of him, he was supposed to be in Finland!! I also stumbled on Victor Obinna Nsofor playing for Benni Macarthy's team (Cape Town City) in South Africa.
Egwuekwe and Nsofor signed at the beginning of the season for South African clubs. However, the likes of Salami and Mathew Ifeanyi are still out there in the Scandinavia, if I recall correctly. I really feel that some of these players would have preferred to be playing in the NPFL if the compensation was more certain and consistent.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Want-Away FC Ifeanyiubah Striker Obaje Reacts To 30 Million Naira Price Tag – I’m A Free Player
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/12/10/wa ... ee-player/
December 10, 2017019

Godwin Obaje says FC Ifeanyiubah have no moral right to demand 30 million Naira from clubs interested in his services, as he is a free player according to the statues of the League Management Company ( LMC).

Nnewi based FC Ifeanyiubah placed the price tag of 30 million Naira ‎on the forward after he expressed his desire to dump the club, due to the financial issues that has put them at loggerheads with most of their players of last season, since the end of the Nigeria Professional Football League.

The lawyer of the 19 year old revealed to Owngoalnigeria.com in an exclusive chat that his client has already invoked one of the laws of the LMC for contract termination, after the none payment of his salary for more than three months.

” Obaje is a free player because one of the rules of the LMC as a just cause to terminate your contract with any NPFL club, ‎says if a club fails to pay a player for three months he can terminate his contract, based on certain parameters”, the lawyer told Owngoalnigeria.com.
” We have fulfilled all parameters, because we wrote the LMC months ago wanting to terminate his three year deal which has two more years to run after the club failed to pay him for five months.

” We also wrote the club as well to meet up with the terms of his contract by paying him his salary but we didn’t get any reply from them. So by the laws of the LMC he is a free player”.

He said what his holding up his client proposed move to Akwa United is because the LMC are yet to rule on their application for contract termination, but insist they have fulfilled every requirement for contract termination as demanded by the league body.

” On our part we are confidently waiting on the LMC to grant us our prayer so that Obaje can fully resume his career with Akwa United, and we are confident they will hold up to the high standards they have set for themselves when it comes to player’s contract “.

Last season Obaje who finished the previous season as top scorer in the Nigeria Premier League before his move to FC Ifeanyiubah scored just 12 goals as opposed to when he scored 18 goals for Wikki Tourist when he emerged as top scorer.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Seems like Mr. Ubah is never far from drama!!
Enugu II wrote:
Want-Away FC Ifeanyiubah Striker Obaje Reacts To 30 Million Naira Price Tag – I’m A Free Player
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/12/10/wa ... ee-player/
December 10, 2017019

Godwin Obaje says FC Ifeanyiubah have no moral right to demand 30 million Naira from clubs interested in his services, as he is a free player according to the statues of the League Management Company ( LMC).

Nnewi based FC Ifeanyiubah placed the price tag of 30 million Naira ‎on the forward after he expressed his desire to dump the club, due to the financial issues that has put them at loggerheads with most of their players of last season, since the end of the Nigeria Professional Football League.

The lawyer of the 19 year old revealed to Owngoalnigeria.com in an exclusive chat that his client has already invoked one of the laws of the LMC for contract termination, after the none payment of his salary for more than three months.

” Obaje is a free player because one of the rules of the LMC as a just cause to terminate your contract with any NPFL club, ‎says if a club fails to pay a player for three months he can terminate his contract, based on certain parameters”, the lawyer told Owngoalnigeria.com.
” We have fulfilled all parameters, because we wrote the LMC months ago wanting to terminate his three year deal which has two more years to run after the club failed to pay him for five months.

” We also wrote the club as well to meet up with the terms of his contract by paying him his salary but we didn’t get any reply from them. So by the laws of the LMC he is a free player”.

He said what his holding up his client proposed move to Akwa United is because the LMC are yet to rule on their application for contract termination, but insist they have fulfilled every requirement for contract termination as demanded by the league body.

” On our part we are confidently waiting on the LMC to grant us our prayer so that Obaje can fully resume his career with Akwa United, and we are confident they will hold up to the high standards they have set for themselves when it comes to player’s contract “.

Last season Obaje who finished the previous season as top scorer in the Nigeria Premier League before his move to FC Ifeanyiubah scored just 12 goals as opposed to when he scored 18 goals for Wikki Tourist when he emerged as top scorer.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala wrote:1 day to go
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

CAF champions league first round draw

Real Bamako of Mali vs MFM
Plateau united vs Eding Sport of Cameroon

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42340741
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »