Roy Hodgson is a horrible person

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Roy Hodgson is a horrible person

Post by danfo driver »

So, benteke wrestled the ball out of his teammate to take the penalty. Benteke misses. Now, Hodgson comes of tv to blame Benteke and speak about how "oh! I was too far away to say anything! If it was a trainingv session, I would have been able to stop him."

Uhmm! Roy! YOU ARE A COWARD!

Some weeks ago, Lukaku had not scored a goal in a while and when a penalty was given, he took the ball. Mourinho screamed at him to give the ball to Daley Blind! Mourinho was heard on the pitch ! Roy, Like mourinho, if you had open your mouth, your player would have heard you! Truth is that you didnt care at the time because you were hoping Benteke would score. Now that he missed it, you want to pile on him like the poor manager that you are.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Roy Hodgson is a horrible person

Post by DIMKA76 »

They should just accept it and move on
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
oluphemmie007
Egg
Egg

Post by oluphemmie007 »

any manager that didnt do his most outrageous to stop a Benteke from taking today's penalty kick is a proper misfit. Dude does not even know what it means to score anymore.
Manchester United: Trophies Yesterday, Today and Forever

This is Cybereagles...expect anything.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

How will Benteke live with himself after costing his team two points with his selfishness? There is no I in the word team.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:How will Benteke live with himself after costing his team two points with his selfishness? There is no I in the word team.
His coward coach should have protected him. That’s what a good manager does! Bentley has not scored for months, of course he wants to score! But as the coach, you protect him from possibly missing such an important penalty, which will destroy him!

Tomorrow now, the coward will drop Benteke from the team to show “yea.. I am the boss and I am purnishing him.” How does that help?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:How will Benteke live with himself after costing his team two points with his selfishness? There is no I in the word team.
His coward coach should have protected him. That’s what a good manager does! Bentley has not scored for months, of course he wants to score! But as the coach, you protect him from possibly missing such an important penalty, which will destroy him!

Tomorrow now, the coward will drop Benteke from the team to show “yea.. I am the boss and I am purnishing him.” How does that help?
Benteke was selfish. The stakes were too high for him to push the designated taker away and seek personal glory.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Why should Hodgson protect Benteke for disobeying the managers instructions? Milivojevic is the designated penalty taker it was his responsibility to take the second penalty. I am all for managers protecting players when they are being unfairly targeted but Benteke bought this all on himself he deserves all the grief he is catching for this. If you are going to insist you take a penalty you had better make sure you score.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:Why should Hodgson protect Benteke for disobeying the managers instructions? Milivojevic is the designated penalty taker it was his responsibility to take the second penalty. I am all for managers protecting players when they are being unfairly targeted but Benteke bought this all on himself he deserves all the grief he is catching for this. If you are going to insist you take a penalty you had better make sure you score.
Thank you
To stop trying is to start dying
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:Why should Hodgson protect Benteke for disobeying the managers instructions? Milivojevic is the designated penalty taker it was his responsibility to take the second penalty. I am all for managers protecting players when they are being unfairly targeted but Benteke bought this all on himself he deserves all the grief he is catching for this. If you are going to insist you take a penalty you had better make sure you score.

Was that the team goal or getting all 3 points? If Hodgson cared to get the 3 points, he would have ensured Benteke didn't take the penalty.

But if the grief was all that mattered, mission accomplished.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Benteke was selfish. The stakes were too high for him to push the designated taker away and seek personal glory.
Of course he was! He is a striker! He hasnt scored for months! he felt like that was the chance to get that monkey off his back. Thats exactly what every striker will do--- Lukaku tried to do it 3 weeks ago. That is where the coach steps in and says "NO! I am going to protect you!" Mouriho did it 3 weeks ago. Hodgson failed! Thats the difference between a top coach and a crap coach.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Read my statement. The protection should have come by Hodgson making sure that benteke did not take the penalty. Truth is the Hodgson didnt give a damn at the time, or perhaps, as a poor coach, didnt even think about it.

p.s-- as a manager, no matter how bad your player is, you protect him. You can discipline him, even publicly, but you protect him.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:

Was that the team goal or getting all 3 points? If Hodgson cared to get the 3 points, he would have ensured Benteke didn't take the penalty.

Thank you bro. You can tell by responses, which person supports a big team. :D

Truth is that like Mourinho did 3 weeks ago, Hodgson could have screamed his head off and sent someone to run to benteke and tell him to give the ball to another player. He didnt! He didnt because he wasnt thinking about it or he just didnt care. Had benteke scored, he'd have not said anything.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I will pile on Benteke myself! Nonsense i hate players who put themselves before team. There is a reason it is called team work, you dont just wake up one the field and break ranks just because you have something in the contract that pays yoi for goals scored. You dont just break ranks with laid down procedure, not only did it cost the team, it goes further than that, it also breaks team unity and spirit.
For a team facing ab uphil task of climbing out of relegation, this is not the time for personal glory...according to Roy, the team had a dedicated penalty taker...why break ranks?

I was the highlights yesterday, if i was on the field the fool wont take that penalty,as i would wade in and ask the dedicated taker to take it. If he wants to earn his bonus for goals scored, let him work his arse off for it.

We love to jump to the defence of a black or foreign players, fine, but we must learn not to defend the indefensible!

This kind of silly antics destroy all the hard work of a coach and get them sacked!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
balo wrote:

Truth is that like Mourinho did 3 weeks ago, Hodgson could have screamed his head off and sent someone to run to benteke and tell him to give the ball to another player. He didnt! He didnt because he wasnt thinking about it or he just didnt care. Had benteke scored, he'd have not said anything.
That is not true, you are making assumptions here. To start with Jose and Roy are different personalities, yes one might chose to take action on the field,the other might opt to do so in the dressing room.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
balo wrote:

That is not true, you are making assumptions here. To start with Jose and Roy are different personalities, yes one might chose to take action on the field,the other might opt to do so in the dressing room.

Well, one got his 3 points, and the other didnt.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Of course he was! He is a striker! He hasnt scored for months! he felt like that was the chance to get that monkey off his back. Thats exactly what every striker will do--- Lukaku tried to do it 3 weeks ago. That is where the coach steps in and says "NO! I am going to protect you!" Portugese Dwarf :mrgreen: did it 3 weeks ago. Hodgson failed! Thats the difference between a top coward and a crap coach.
Totally agreed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Of course he was! He is a striker! He hasnt scored for months! he felt like that was the chance to get that monkey off his back. Thats exactly what every striker will do--- Lukaku tried to do it 3 weeks ago. That is where the coach steps in and says "NO! I am going to protect you!" Portugese Dwarf :mrgreen: did it 3 weeks ago. Hodgson failed! Thats the difference between a top coward and a crap coach.
mourinho is 5'9 my friend! That is petite size, not dwarf! :veryangry:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:
zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

See the ...................

Evidence :bump: :bump:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Of course he was! He is a striker! He hasnt scored for months! he felt like that was the chance to get that monkey off his back. Thats exactly what every striker will do--- Lukaku tried to do it 3 weeks ago. That is where the coach steps in and says "NO! I am going to protect you!" Mouriho did it 3 weeks ago. Hodgson failed! Thats the difference between a top coach and a crap coach.
Danfo i think you are missing the point.Jose is a top manager and Roy is not that alone is enough to know why he could not protect him.The man is not a horrible person as you suggest,he is not just good enough to be a coach but since he is one of them he will get a job in England any time he want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
zee wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

See the ...................

Evidence :bump: :bump:

Na lie! Kloop wore high heels to work that day. See evidence below showing they are the same height!

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:
Na lie! Kloop wore high heels to work that day. See evidence below showing they are the same height!
Yes..truly the same.......

height :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Hodgson tried to get word to Benteke to drop the gall but was unable to. League rules do not allow coaches on to the pitch.

Palace’s other players should have acted. They should just have taken Benteke aside quietly and explained matters to him.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Hodgson tried to get word to Benteke to drop the gall but was unable to. League rules do not allow coaches on to the pitch.

Palace’s other players should have acted. They should just have taken Benteke aside quietly and explained matters to him.
I suspect league rules also disallow coaches from:

1. asking a player on the pitch to run to Benteke and instruct him to step aside; and

2. having a substitute or asst. coach run to behind the post (where players warm up) and scream at Benteke?