SUNDAY STEPHEN: I Can Help SE Midfield.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
SUNDAY STEPHEN: I Can Help SE Midfield.......

Post by Enugu II »

How compact Eagles midfield is will determine how far they fly at World Cup – Sunday Stephen
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/12/12/h ... y-stephen/
By admin - December 12, 2017, 7:40 am344 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Sunday Stephen (right) face-to-face with Pogba of Manchester United
Real Salt Lake midfielder Sunday Stephen has said he believes how compact the Super Eagles midfield will be will go a long way to determine how far Eagles will fly at the World Cup in Russia.

“Oryan” told SCORENigeria he believes that Eagles will ruffle some feathers at the Mundial should the midfielders supply everything in large quantity in linking the defence and attack.

And the former Valencia star added he has the big machine to compliment the other midfielders in the team to face Argentina, Iceland and Croatia in the first round of the World Cup.

“Our team are a very solid one, young and the team to beat and I believe things will go very well for us if you did all the necessary things in the midfield,” assured the ball winner who has been capped once by the Super Eagles.

“And that’s where I strongly believe I can come in and help.

“My staying power will be valuable and that’s one of the areas I’ve contributed a lot for my club in the MLS.

“The coaches decide, but I think my experience playing in Spain, Turkey and Israel will come in very valuable for the team.

“I must say that the midfielders we got now are very tested but I will compliment them to make the midfield a lot more compact.

“I play hard and I don’t compromise, I don’t like too much pressure on the central defence and should that happen anything can happen to the last line of defense which is the goalkeeper.

“So, the damage limitation should start from the midfield before it gets tougher and beyond control.”

“Oryan” is currently attracting lots of interests from English and Turkish clubs and he could be returning to Europe if he received the right deal.

He started his career at lowly Spanish side Poli Ejido before top La Liga side Valencia splashed some millions on him.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SUNDAY STEPHEN: I Can Help SE Midfield.......

Post by maceo4 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Help the midfield to do what?

Who allowed this to print? Why are we doing this to ourselves?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

He is Nigerian and he is allowed to desire to play for the Eagles.

We are also allowed to question, yab & ridicule that desire.

This bobo was angling to play for Spain when he was a young hot prospect.

Anyway, I am happy he is still in Football and making a decent living.

I actually remembered that Sunny played in that away loss to Guinea that put us in a hole for the 2012 CAN qualifiers. But there was a lot of shakara from him in prior years when he thought he was on Spain's radar.
Last edited by truetalk on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Ugbowo wrote:Help the midfield to do what?

How things can change. Dude was highly sought after by Nigeria and he was acting up. Shame.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cally wrote:

How things can change. Dude was highly sought after by Nigeria and he was acting up. Shame.
I just came in to type this! Bye Felicia!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This boy is the Atiku of football. Just when he’s doing me and forgotten he props up in another party with the same agenda. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

I am hoping it is junk news. This "monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop" mindset that we have in Nigeria really stinks. A group of players made the world cup. It is the Manager's decision to reinforce the team to his liking.

Conventional wisdom is possibly between 2-3 new players that were not part of the original group. The group could be as large as 30 players but we still want to expand beyond this pool? Even these players no dey shame sef.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Haba! The man is allowed to express his interest. He is a professional footballer. However, I'm sure he knows that he is nowhere close to the SE.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enomwanren, If Enyeama's employees are allowed to do his bidding, then Stephens' employees should also be allowed to do his bidding. Both players are spending quite a lot of money! :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote:

Enomwanren, If Enyeama's employees are allowed to do his bidding, then Stephens' employees should also be allowed to do his bidding. Both players are spending quite a lot of money! :D
Sigh! You will not stifle opinion with your insinuations. You have tried several times. Surely you know it won't work? Stephen's story is more relevant to this site than all the EPL stories.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

ok..that's it.. :evil: I'm coming outta retirement.. :twisted: this one wey every d#$%, Harry and PaJ dey drool at the Kremlin :mad:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Interestingly, it is Rohr's openness and independence that has allowed our team to develop close to its potential and allow players who might ordinarily believe they stand no chance, to aspire to be part of the team. Realistically, though, Rohr will likely only bring in a player at a position that needs strengthening and that would bring something extra that an existing player does not possess.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Sigh! You will not stifle opinion with your insinuations. You have tried several times. Surely you know it won't work? Stephen's story is more relevant to this site than all the EPL stories.

I hope opinion is never stifled here! We need the employees of Enyeama and those who make frequent trips to Ikot Ikpene to show themselves, so we know who they are.

Does it surprise you that the employees are getting louder closer to Christmas? The likes of Obong and Maceo know that the more effective they are, the higher their christmas bonus will be. Like i said, Madam has made it clear that yam and palm oil will not be acceptable for christmas. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enyeama knows that these people are depending on this bonus and he is holding it on them. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

danfo driver wrote:

No one is spending money to influence a callup on CE. There are media houses and big time journalists for that. Even fora like Nairaland get more eyes, so money spent on a closed forum like CE is pretty much a waste of money by a money miss road.

Life is not always a 1 way street. We won't have the same opinion on issues. I don't think Vince should be recalled to the SE, but there are valid arguments for his recall. Personally, I think the risks and dangers in recalling him far outweigh whatever benefit he might bring, but you going about insulting successful professionals and forum members with contrary opinions and saying that they are being paid by Vince is just wrong.

The fact that people don't agree with you does not mean they are corrupt or have no credibility.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

No one is spending money to influence a callup on CE. There are media houses and big time journalists for that. Even fora like Nairaland get more eyes, so money spent on a closed forum like CE is pretty much a waste of money by a money miss road.

Life is not always a 1 way street. We won't have the same opinion on issues. I don't think Vince should be recalled to the SE, but there are valid arguments for his recall. Personally, I think the risks and dangers in recalling him far outweigh whatever benefit he might bring, but you going about insulting successful professionals and forum members with contrary opinions and saying that they are being paid by Vince is just wrong.

The fact that people don't agree with you does not mean they are corrupt or have no credibility.
awwww... you seem to be new here. Bless your innocent heart! :lol: :lol: :lol:
but you going about insulting successful professionals and forum members with contrary opinions
Please, provide proof of this. You should learn honesty.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I hope opinion is never stifled here! We need the employees of Enyeama and those who make frequent trips to Ikot Ikpene to show themselves, so we know who they are.

Does it surprise you that the employees are getting louder closer to Christmas? The likes of Obong and Maceo know that the more effective they are, the higher their christmas bonus will be. Like i said, Madam has made it clear that yam and palm oil will not be acceptable for christmas. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enyeama knows that these people are depending on this bonus and he is holding it on them. :D
Enyeama does not need to pay anybody to campaign for him on CE. His 100+ caps and quality will do that for him. I note that nobody has said that he should come into the team if he is not fit or playing regularly.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Enugu II wrote:
How compact Eagles midfield is will determine how far they fly at World Cup – Sunday Stephen
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/12/12/h ... y-stephen/
By admin - December 12, 2017, 7:40 am344 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Sunday Stephen (right) face-to-face with Pogba of Manchester United
Real Salt Lake midfielder Sunday Stephen has said he believes how compact the Super Eagles midfield will be will go a long way to determine how far Eagles will fly at the World Cup in Russia.

“Oryan” told SCORENigeria he believes that Eagles will ruffle some feathers at the Mundial should the midfielders supply everything in large quantity in linking the defence and attack.

And the former Valencia star added he has the big machine to compliment the other midfielders in the team to face Argentina, Iceland and Croatia in the first round of the World Cup.

“Our team are a very solid one, young and the team to beat and I believe things will go very well for us if you did all the necessary things in the midfield,” assured the ball winner who has been capped once by the Super Eagles.

“And that’s where I strongly believe I can come in and help.

“My staying power will be valuable and that’s one of the areas I’ve contributed a lot for my club in the MLS.

“The coaches decide, but I think my experience playing in Spain, Turkey and Israel will come in very valuable for the team.

“I must say that the midfielders we got now are very tested but I will compliment them to make the midfield a lot more compact.

“I play hard and I don’t compromise, I don’t like too much pressure on the central defence and should that happen anything can happen to the last line of defense which is the goalkeeper.

“So, the damage limitation should start from the midfield before it gets tougher and beyond control.”

“Oryan” is currently attracting lots of interests from English and Turkish clubs and he could be returning to Europe if he received the right deal.

He started his career at lowly Spanish side Poli Ejido before top La Liga side Valencia splashed some millions on him.

Joke of the day :rotf: :rotf: :woot: :rotf:
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

What is Naija coming to, Pesin nor fit toot him own horn again? I have nothing against a guy who says, "I'm the man," like one Muhammadu Buhari did in 2015. If the pipo (or coach) no like, dem no hire.

If dem hire, and the man stink up the joint, ehen! Let's leave Rohr to earn his wages, abeg una. I don't see what Sunny has said that is wrong; at each point in life, you play your best cards. Me I for like to go Russia too, to say I still dey play for Agege, collusion or no collusion!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Enyeama does not need to pay anybody to campaign for him on CE. His 100+ caps and quality will do that for him. I note that nobody has said that he should come into the team if he is not fit or playing regularly.

But he is. We know these people. They are benefiting, financially, and heavily and they will do anything to fill their coffers. Unfortunately, this is to the detriment of Nigeria.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Chief coach, abeg you ask me, make I ask who? :rotf: :rotf:
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

How old is this guy? This is the equivalent of Mikel Agu in terms of quality