FIFA Disciplinary Committe award Algeria 3-0 win over Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: FIFA Disciplinary Committe award Algeria 3-0 win over Ea

Post by anointed »

NFF Reaction:

An internal inquiry be instituted immediately and persons found culpable be dealt with.

"We accept the decision of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee to fine the NFF and award the match to Algeria.

“However, this is a grave error and somebody must be punished. We apologize to Nigerians for this and assure that this will not in any way derail or even distract us in our well –laid plan to ensure that the Super Eagles have a great outing in Russia.

“At the same time, I want to assure that persons responsible for this slip would not be given just a slap on the wrist. We are actually looking at a re-organization of the Technical Department. The Technical Committee will henceforth play serious superintending role on all details, no matter how minute, in technical matters.

“It is important that all committees and departments at the NFF should move at the same pace as the Executive Committee.” ~ Pinnick
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

From Colin Udoh's chat with Shehu Dikko
Fact is:

1. ABDULAHI SHEHU got yellow card right from first match (preliminary rounds) of the qualifiers against Swaziland in Swaziland.

2. When the draws for group stage were made the technical staff assumed the cards from preliminaries would not count going forward and didn’t take proper records. Indeed throughout the qualifying series Adullahi Shehu has never been counted as on yellow even by the match documents such as when we played Cameroon Mikel, Moses and Balogoon were all put on notice they are on a yellow and so there was even a meeting before the game how to make their yellow cards so as not to miss the decisive next match but Abdullahi Shehu was never in the mix...

3. Abdullahi got yellow card from the penultimate match against Zambia which is two years since the first match where he got the first Yellow (note we played the preliminary rounds against Swaziland in November 2015 Under Oliseh and played the Zambia match in November 2017).

4. FIFA sent notice after the match against Zambia that Shehu is suspended for Algeria match but sent the email directly to the technical officer in charge whom incidentally was hospitalized at that period with a serious heart problem so was not on emails and couldn’t have seen it.

5. On match day against Algeria neither the match Commissioner was aware nor the away team and ABDULAHI played the match without any protest or notice from either side.

6. Algerian never protested as they too are not aware but FIFA sent NFF a query to ask why the player played. NFF duly responded with proofs that the notice was sent to an email account of a technical staff that was Hospitalized with proofs. The FIFA disciplinary committee met and decided since previous emails has always been sent to same account and were taking so the notice is valid and sanctioned Nigeria..

7. Yes it’s a really a bad mistake but thank God it’s not costly and NFF is already reorganizing the Technical and Competitions departments to ensure this horrendous mistake never happened again as this mistake is clearly the lack of delingence of the Technical department and the Competitions departments...
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

From Colin Udoh's chat with Shehu Dikko,

Fact is:

1. ABDULAHI SHEHU got yellow card right from first match (preliminary rounds) of the qualifiers against Swaziland in Swaziland.

2. When the draws for group stage were made the technical staff assumed the cards from preliminaries would not count going forward and didn’t take proper records.
This is so stupid from folks who are supposed to be professional in their work because it goes without saying that when you "assume", you make an arse out of you and me. And that, my friends, is what happened. Sadly, I'm not surprised. What's surprising is that they've otherwise got this far with no drama. Let's hope that there are no more embarrassments going into the WC.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anointed wrote:
NFF Reaction:

An internal inquiry be instituted immediately and persons found culpable be dealt with.

"We accept the decision of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee to fine the NFF and award the match to Algeria.

“However, this is a grave error and somebody must be punished. We apologize to Nigerians for this and assure that this will not in any way derail or even distract us in our well –laid plan to ensure that the Super Eagles have a great outing in Russia.

“At the same time, I want to assure that persons responsible for this slip would not be given just a slap on the wrist. We are actually looking at a re-organization of the Technical Department. The Technical Committee will henceforth play serious superintending role on all details, no matter how minute, in technical matters.

“It is important that all committees and departments at the NFF should move at the same pace as the Executive Committee.” ~ Pinnick

stupid comment.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Zambia fans just fainted. If only.....m
Fainted wetin? :tic: They are furiously combing through FIFA records right now as I type ...
:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't blame them, because I would too
Last edited by Odas on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This thread depresses me so much..we almost eliminated ourselves. .DNQ is really not good...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eagles - Latest decisions of the FIFA Disciplinary Commi

Post by Cmoke »

unless the rule Don change, you don't get capped sitting on the bench. Dat Na how Ghana lost Asamoah to Germany. The bobo was kept on the bench by mumu Ghana coach!

Thank God for that Uyo win against Zambia.

truetalk wrote:It is even worse than it looks because that would have been the game to officially cap Tyrone Ebuehi who was with the team and was picking his fingernails on the bench. As it is now, Tyrone has not featured in an official game for the Eagles.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

green4life wrote:
From Colin Udoh's chat with Shehu Dikko,

Fact is:

2. When the draws for group stage were made the technical staff assumed the cards from preliminaries would not count going forward and didn’t take proper records.
This is so stupid from folks who are supposed to be professional in their work because it goes without saying that when you "assume", you make an arse out of you and me. And that, my friends, is what happened. Sadly, I'm not surprised. What's surprising is that they've otherwise got this far with no drama. Let's hope that there are no more embarrassments going into the WC.
kpom. We have some stupid people out there.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

4. FIFA sent notice after the match against Zambia that Shehu is suspended for Algeria match but sent the email directly to the technical officer in charge whom incidentally was hospitalized at that period with a serious heart problem so was not on emails and couldn’t have seen it.
In 2017, NFF (corporate entity) does not operate a corporate email account relating to all official non-classified correspondence (especially with the supervisory entity - in this case FIFA);
such that all official non-classified correspondence is accessible to all staff...

Folks absolving NFF of all blame need to ask why a line of communication for such critical matter is restricted to one specific staff in the organisation...

We just dodged a bullet...if we don't change...next time, we won't be this lucky... :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

These lapses in management are troubling. There seems to be a pattern here.

There was also the lapse regarding the new FIFA balls for the South Africa game. The balls were sent to us by CAF but NFF apparently did not pick them up from the port. So again, someone did not do their job there. We ended up training with the wrong (outdated) balls, did not have the right balls for the match and ended up using those provided by the opposition team.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Aren't things like these include in the match report and copies shared with the FA's concerned? Blame rests squarely with the NFF.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
In 2017, NFF (corporate entity) does not operate a corporate email account relating to all official non-classified correspondence (especially with the supervisory entity - in this case FIFA);
such that all official non-classified correspondence is accessible to all staff...

Folks absolving NFF of all blame need to ask why a line of communication for such critical matter is restricted to one specific staff in the organisation...

We just dodged a bullet...if we don't change...next time, we won't be this lucky... :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
Oga, it is Naija for you o.

Najarian parastatals even allow outside entities to register their domain name. And when the contract is up the site will go down.

Why should such a correspondence go to a private email account?

SMDH.

Ps. For record keeping sake. I guess since it is a forfeit it doesn’t count as a cap?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

eyan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Bloody egg head almost 4eck this one up. Can you imagine if we needed this result? Too busy trying to be a big man in caf than keep his own house in order. If 1naira say anything about this humpty dumpty again, I swear....:tic:

The player is culpable too.
Yes and the coaching staff is the first line of accountability in such matters. Of course, it’s always fashionable to blame the NFF :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
monkeypost
Egg
Egg

Post by monkeypost »

Pinnick apologizes to Nigerians over FIFA sanction, reveals why Shehu Abdullahi played

President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Melvin Pinnick, has explained in details why FIFA sanctioned the federation on Tuesday.

FIFA fined NFF for fielding Shehu Abdullahi against Algeria, after he was suspended for a match earlier. The world football governing body also awarded a 3-0 victory to Algeria, which however did not affect the Super Eagles’ qualification for the 2018 World Cup.

In a statement released on Tuesday, Pinnick ordered an internal inquiry and “persons found culpable be dealt with.”

On Wednesday morning however, the NFF president took to his Twitter page, to address the matter explicitly.

“Good morning. I’ll start by tendering my wholehearted apology to Nigeria and Nigerians for the Shehu Abdullahi error. It is unforgivable and could have undone months of hard work. As head of the Federation, I take responsibility for this. It happened on my watch.

“While accepting the Federation’s fault here, let me quickly explain how this went by unnoticed. It doesn’t change the fact that we didn’t keep our eyes on the ball and will help us in our planned restructuring of the Technical & Competitions Department.

“Shehu Abdullahi got his first yellow card in our very first preliminary match against Swaziland away. When the draws for the Group Stages were made, the Technical staff made a grave error; assumption.
They assumed the cards gotten prior would not count.

“To be fair to them, through out the qualifying series, official match documents didn’t even show that Shehu Abdullahi was on a yellow card. For instance, when we played Cameroon, Mikel, Moses and Balogun were put on notice that they had yellow cards.

“Team meetings were even held about how to handle their cards so they wouldn’t miss crucial games. Shehu Abdullahi was never in the mix. Shehu then recieved a yellow against Zambia in our penultimate game, two years after the Swaziland match.

“Another grave mistake then occurred. Fifa sent an email to the technical officer in charge, that Shehu Abdullahi was suspended for the Algeria match. In a twist of fate, that officer was in hospital, with a severe heart condition, battling for his life.

“The biggest knock to our system is the fact that his official correspondences should have been forwarded to more than one person. It wasn’t. We went into our last match not knowing about Fifa’s notice. Not acceptable, I agree, but these are the facts of the matter.

“On the match day, we were unaware, the match officials were unaware and our opponents were unaware. It was a horrendous error and we at the Federation are truly apologetic. We thank God it did not undue years of hard work.

“It was a lack of due diligence in and by one of our departments and we are ensuring that errors like these never happen again. On behalf of all of us at the @thenff; I apologise, Nigeria. Our focus remains. We will soar higher.

“Thank you,” Pinnick wrote.

-[DAILY POST]
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

realtrouble wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:At least we qualified,you must remember Nigeria has always had problems with organisation. But this is just ridiculous I can’t even blame the NFF.
Watch how NFF will screw up during the tournament, issue relating to bonuses, logistics,hotel and discipline.
I’ll blame accordingly and if they do that then they are just amiture.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

This is the problem with bureaucratic organization that is not I.T smart. Someone goes on holiday or sick and their workload or Email is not redirected or "Out of Office" notification put in place. I cannot fault the office that is sick but I fault the setup that did not put proper proto old in place to make sure his work continues. If that email had been redirected to someone else, this would have been picked up.
Who is Pinnick going to fire now, himself or a scape goat?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

niyi wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
truetalk wrote:It is even worse than it looks because that would have been the game to officially cap Tyrone Ebuehi who was with the team and was picking his fingernails on the bench. As it is now, Tyrone has not featured in an official game for the Eagles.
That's down to the stupidity of Rohr and his inability to recognize talent
Some of you just lack respect and common sense at the same time. It's unfortunate.
It's unfortunate that you cower and lack comprehension skills at the same time
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Robotnik wrote::taunt: CE needs a sticky thread to keep records for the NFF

So if Shehu got a second yellow in any of previous matches before the Zambia match we would have lost more points.

Also now the history books say we have lost our undefeated WC record since Angola 2004. Even this loss was based on logistics.

This highlights the authors of the real issues with Nigeria football. It is not lack of talent.
:agree: This might actually be useful.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Fifa punishes Nigeria for ineligible player in WC qualifying

Post by Synopsis »

Fifa has punished Nigeria for using an ineligible player in their final World Cup qualifier against Algeria in November.

The match in Constantine originally ended in a 1-1 draw but that has now been overturned and Algeria awarded a 3-0 win.

The sanction does not affect Nigeria's World Cup qualification as they had already clinched a place in Russia before the Algeria tie.

Abdullahi Shehu played the whole match against Algeria even though he should have been suspended for picking up yellow cards in two previous qualifiers.

The defender was cautioned in the Super Eagles 1-0 win over Zambia in October that sealed Nigeria's spot in Russia, having been shown a yellow card in the first leg of their second round tie against Swaziland in November 2015.

The Nigeria Football Federation has also been fined US$6,000 for the oversight.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42327847
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg
Re: Fifa punishes Nigeria for ineligible player in WC qualif

Post by chendosplastic »

Why would the NFF and the technical crew commit such an error?
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

@ Synopsis, you are very late to the party....

There is already a thread on this that is 4 pages long.

Please keep your ear to the ground and post when Zambia, (who are presumably doing their due diligence) discover another suspended player. :D
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Kabalega wrote:@ Synopsis, you are very late to the party....

There is already a thread on this that is 4 pages long.
...just saw the news last night online. Our FA is a s ffucked as anything stupid. How can they not have someone to keep those match logs.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Onazi has been identified as another player to pick 2 yellow cards during the qualifiers. Naija in trouble here. Saving grace he was injured b4 the last match