Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Acid test for Pep Guardiola next season

Post by zee »

tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pep will be fine. The guy is tops when it comes to getting his team to play at a high tempo and interesting tactical variances. He will be fine and will revolutionize English football
Scipio Africanus wrote:Pep will find it difficult to make top 4 with Man City next season. In fact, I don't think he will.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

...by getting City to play the ball on the ground (the right way) contrary to the kick/rush they've been playing under their previous colo-mental managers
Cluelessness is not good. Got to have foresight
:clap: :clap: :clap:

when you lose the argument in the 1st season...keep banging on to the 2nd
Whatever pygmy :mrgreen: ...........after just 18 games, it's a 14pts gap :bump: :bump: :bump: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

in the 'next season' as referenced in the thread title
nice try isaac

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Short in both height and sight. Your cluelessness about the game has no bounds. Keep making a clown of yourself short man. :D
tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pep will be fine. The guy is tops when it comes to getting his team to play at a high tempo and interesting tactical variances. He will be fine and will revolutionize English football
Scipio Africanus wrote:Pep will find it difficult to make top 4 with Man City next season. In fact, I don't think he will.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

...by getting City to play the ball on the ground (the right way) contrary to the kick/rush they've been playing under their previous colo-mental managers
Cluelessness is not good. Got to have foresight
:clap: :clap: :clap:

when you lose the argument in the 1st season...keep banging on to the 2nd
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YUJAM wrote:Short in both height and sight. Your cluelessness about the game has no bounds. Keep making a clown of yourself short man. :D
your cluelessness is in CE archives.

should i start with your predictions on Chelsea's run to the CL trophy?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Short in both height and sight. Your cluelessness about the game has no bounds. Keep making a clown of yourself short man. :D

You can start wherever you want. However I analyze games with my head which is something you can learn to prevent making yourself seem so perpetually SHORT sighted.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

femibyte wrote:Anyone willing to bet with me that Pep isn't gonna come to Man City next season and sweep all and sundry before him ?

We will see how those EPL detractors (they know who they are) explain such a conundrum.
I mean we go see how the 'best coach in the world' according to La Liga standards holds up against the likes of Stoke on a wet winter evening. I can't wait. Dem go sober. The EPL is like no other league. Blood and thunder, guts and glory.
Pep go learn...

Season hasn,t ended but :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Its a joke
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

femibyte wrote:Anyone willing to bet with me that Pep isn't gonna come to Man City next season and sweep all and sundry before him ?

We will see how those EPL detractors (they know who they are) explain such a conundrum.
I mean we go see how the 'best coach in the world' according to La Liga standards holds up against the likes of Stoke on a wet winter evening. I can't wait. Dem go sober. The EPL is like no other league. Blood and thunder, guts and glory.
Pep go learn...
how market, femi?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

YUJAM wrote:
tfco wrote:

You can start wherever you want. However I analyze games with my head which is something you can learn to prevent making yourself seem so perpetually SHORT sighted.
All you pep doubters sps enter hiding abi una no get shame.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Useless Pep

We will wait for him next season. He has shown his hand.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

The season isn't yet over but so far Pep has been dishing a few humble pies. I'll wait until he's won something.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

What a thread,I have to say Pep is a good manager.Not a fan but boy o oboy his team play some good football.I know managers that you put them in this same city team we will see them even park bus to away games ...
My respect for him is how this English guy from MF TO LEFT BACK.
Sterling 0layu g so well that can walk into any team and demand start.
Even Walker has been so consistent at RB compare to his spurs days.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

The real deal wrote:

Pep go learn...

Its a joke
Femi's post is still spot on. He was right because he made this particular post at the start of last season, and Pep Guardiola ended up winning nothing and finishing 3rd in the league, Pep was served the humble pie by EPL last season, this is a well known fact.

Now Pep has simply spent his way out of trouble. He has spent so much that failing is hard.
It's similar to the way Mourinho bought almost a full team in his first Chelsea stint and broke records in the EPL.
So what Pep is doing is nothing new or amazing, unless maybe he wins all remaining games this season and goes unbeaten. We will wait and see on that one.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

benteke wrote:
The real deal wrote:

Pep go learn...

Its a joke
Femi's post is still spot on. He was right because he made this particular post at the start of last season, and Pep Guardiola ended up winning nothing and finishing 3rd in the league, Pep was served the humble pie by EPL last season, this is a well known fact.

Now Pep has simply spent his way out of trouble. He has spent so much that failing is hard.
It's similar to the way Mourinho bought almost a full team in his first Chelsea stint and broke records in the EPL.
So what Pep is doing is nothing new or amazing, unless maybe he wins all remaining games this season and goes unbeaten. We will wait and see on that one.
Mourinho spent as much but the difference is glaring. Kai
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Benteke, given the standard of the day, what exactly is a manager with aspiration and more importantly, expectation of delivering honours, supposed to do? Promote from within their academy and launch an assault upon the Madrid and Bavarian walls of Jericho? Who before has ever ascended the throne without first building an army able-bodied at taking teh castle? Ranieri perhaps, United have always spent, Arsenal the same. Peperempe assembled an army of his preferred soldiers, theres no guarantee of success. Did Van Gaal not assemble a battalion and yet step on every landmine with the field? Credit given where credit due, this De Bruyne is better than all the KDB's prior, this Sterling, this Delph, this David Silva, all the same. Is this Leroy Sane not better than the Leroy before? Even Kyle Walker looks more than a mixed race Bellerin. How worldly was Gabriel Jesus before arrival? Was he not supposedly inferior to Iheanacho. Peperempe is getting out DeBruyne what Arsene cannot get out of Ozil, from Sterling what Wenger cannot get out of Walcott today, from Walker what he cannot get out of Bellerin. To suggest t'is merely a matter of money spent is incredulous.

T'is early days and winter is coming, City will drop points, but at the halfway mark, 6 rounds deep, Peperempe is delivering upon his ideology.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

nemi2002 wrote:
benteke wrote:
The real deal wrote:

Pep go learn...

Its a joke

Mourinho spent as much but the difference is glaring. Kai
The difference being that Pep Guardiola found a team that already had wonderful players like De Bruyne, Aguero, David Silva, Fernandinho, Raheem Sterling, Kompany, Otamendi, a pretty strong spine for team, and he still spent a fortune to add almost a full team to that.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Sterling was far from wonderful. #worldcup2014. Aguero was challenged to be more involved or not involved at all. DeBruyne has improved beyond belief. Even David Silva has been reinvented as an all rounder. Delph is back from the dead. Otamendi cannot be considered a strong spine and Kompany is on his last legs. Fernandinho has always been a workhorse but is far more disciplined this year. Look at what DeBruyne is doing now and contrast that with what United are getting out of the Bundesliga's best playmaker.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach wrote:^Sterling was far from wonderful. #worldcup2014. Aguero was challenged to be more involved or not involved at all. DeBruyne has improved beyond belief. Even David Silva has been reinvented as an all rounder. Delph is back from the dead. Otamendi cannot be considered a strong spine and Kompany is on his last legs. Fernandinho has always been a workhorse but is far more disciplined this year. Look at what DeBruyne is doing now and contrast that with what United are getting out of the Bundesliga's best playmaker.

Let's not rewrite history, Sterling was already wonderful at Liverpool and scoring a lot alongside Suarez and Sturridge.
De Bruyne was already good in Bundesliga someone corrected me on this forum when i tried to credit it to Pep.
David Silva is doing nothing new, same for Kampany, these were brilliant players when City won the title in style under Pellegrini.

I am not taking any credit away from Pep, just stating that he didn't do well last season and fair play to him in the way he identified what he needed to buy and bought well to give himself a stronger team to work with.
It's up to others to catch up now, Chelsea and United didn't buy well in the summer transfer window, both the managers were not entirely happy
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

DeBruyne today is far, far ahead or where he's ever been. Sterling may well have had a good season at Liverpool but followed that with a dreadful World Cup and consistent inconsistency thereafter. David Silva's role now is more complete than it has been. Contrast that with what United are getting out of the Bundesliga's best playmaker, Chelsea's once upon a time POTY, one of the Premier league's best goalscorers in recent years and one of Europe's standout young forwards. Martial under Van Gaal was frightening and today...? To suggest players have not been improved and were already at said level is ludicrous, as evidenced by their paltry yield the year before and the year before that. Delph was a world beater too presumably.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

benteke wrote:
Coach wrote:^Sterling was far from wonderful. #worldcup2014. Aguero was challenged to be more involved or not involved at all. DeBruyne has improved beyond belief. Even David Silva has been reinvented as an all rounder. Delph is back from the dead. Otamendi cannot be considered a strong spine and Kompany is on his last legs. Fernandinho has always been a workhorse but is far more disciplined this year. Look at what DeBruyne is doing now and contrast that with what United are getting out of the Bundesliga's best playmaker.

Let's not rewrite history, Sterling was already wonderful at Liverpool and scoring a lot alongside Suarez and Sturridge.
De Bruyne was already good in Bundesliga someone corrected me on this forum when i tried to credit it to Pep.
David Silva is doing nothing new, same for Kampany, these were brilliant players when City won the title in style under Pellegrini.

I am not taking any credit away from Pep, just stating that he didn't do well last season and fair play to him in the way he identified what he needed to buy and bought well to give himself a stronger team to work with.
It's up to others to catch up now, Chelsea and United didn't buy well in the summer transfer window, both the managers were not entirely happy
Did you try to at least check how many goals sterling scored whilst at liverpool or even at the earlier stages after moving to city....Pep had to force Sterling to curb off most of his instincts...he even had to even divide the field for sterling so he could only run onto only designated areas and that what helped improve sterling. De Bruyne too improved significantly because of Pep. You can choose to ignore that but the fact is the City team improved because of Pep's coaching....I know you dont like him but trust me.....its his coaching which made that team that good......The only player currently starting from the ones he bought is Walker who is also playing better than he was at spurs.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^United brought Lukaku who looks more and more like Benteke by the day. Mhkitaryan who from grace has fallen to Arnautovic, Lindeloff who is trying to shake off the Dejan Lovrens, Matic who has equipped himself well and Pogba who has been influential but by no means a standout player for the season thus far. For all the money spent, battered at home and 8 or is it 11 points adrift. Were they not spending the same currency or was Peperempe using Bitcoin?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach wrote:DeBruyne today is far, far ahead or where he's ever been. Sterling may well have had a good season at Liverpool but followed that with a dreadful World Cup and consistent inconsistency thereafter. David Silva's role now is more complete than it has been. Contrast that with what United are getting out of the Bundesliga's best playmaker, Chelsea's once upon a time POTY, one of the Premier league's best goalscorers in recent years and one of Europe's standout young forwards. Martial under Van Gaal was frightening and today...? To suggest players have not been improved and were already at said level is ludicrous, as evidenced by their paltry yield the year before and the year before that. Delph was a world beater too presumably.
Your are still repeating the same thing i answered to above.

What i mean is some of these players already won the title with City playing very well, yes they have improved, but they have performed to high standards before.
By saying that, I think have not in any way taken away credit from Pep

When you say Martial was frightening under Van Gaal, did he score a lot of goals then and has he stopped being frightening.
Mkhitaryan always blows hot and cold and United is a bigger stage where he has to perform week in week out and at times he plays badly.
It really says a lot that a player like Ashley Young is outperforming some of these guys at United whilst playing in the wrong position, they are simply hiding.
First the blame was on Van Gaal, they said he doesn't allow them freedom, now the blame has passed on to Mourinho, I can see a pattern here.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

bk-one wrote:
benteke wrote:

Did you try to at least check how many goals sterling scored whilst at liverpool or even at the earlier stages after moving to city....Pep had to force Sterling to curb off most of his instincts...he even had to even divide the field for sterling so he could only run onto only designated areas and that what helped improve sterling. De Bruyne too improved significantly because of Pep. You can choose to ignore that but the fact is the City team improved because of Pep's coaching....I know you dont like him but trust me.....its his coaching which made that team that good......The only player currently starting from the ones he bought is Walker who is also playing better than he was at spurs.
I was watching Sterling when he was part of the feared SAS that almost won Liverpool the title in 2014, he was very dangerous, what he has improved is his finishing of chances that i agree. He cost City 40 million for a very good reason.

What do you mean only Walker is starting, there is Ederson between the posts and the likes of Leroy Sane, Bernado and Gundogan are playing big roles as well as Jesus.
Indeed it's much improved team and like when we credited Pep for finiahing trophyless last season, all due credit for this current success goes to the man himself :thumbs: :taunt:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach wrote:^United brought Lukaku who looks more and more like Benteke by the day. Mhkitaryan who from grace has fallen to Arnautovic, Lindeloff who is trying to shake off the Dejan Lovrens, Matic who has equipped himself well and Pogba who has been influential but by no means a standout player for the season thus far. For all the money spent, battered at home and 8 or is it 11 points adrift. Were they not spending the same currency or was Peperempe using Bitcoin?
What about Chelsea who spent more than United in the last window but are further adrift, 14 points behind City and also battered on home turf by City, is it Conte's fault as well