Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re:

Post by oloye »

oluphemmie007 wrote:Oloye da. Bros, shebi u don see how to park bus take grab win now.
Baba Femo, dont worry when it gets ugly , i go dey here :lol: ..
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

Yesterday's line-up v Benfica gave little clues about Jose's likely tactical approach against Chelsea this coming weekend. Jose left out Tony V, Jonesy, Ashley Young, and Andrew Smith. I think there is a 99% chance that all 4 players will start against Chelsea.

Smith's omission from the starting 11 (rather than Matic who needed the rest more after playing every single league and Champions League game this season) was a intriguing. Smith has been sitting on the bench most of the season and came into the side only because of injuries to Pogba and Fellaini. Why would Jose go to such lengths to rest a player who is the 3rd choice option in his position?

I think this indicates that Smith will reactivate the man marking job he did on Hazard last season when Man Utd beat Chelsea 2-0, and that Young will play on the left hand side. Get ready for Jose to roll out the "Back Six" again and the queue of luxury buses...
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Jonesy injured (again) along with Carrick and Bailly. However good news with Mark Red and Zlatan back in the same game after both of them suffered knee ligament injuries in the same game too.

Struck me that even with 3 injuries, Man Utd's bench against Newcastle looked very strong with Zlatan, Red, Andrew Smith, Shaw, Fellaini, Lingard and Romero. Mourinho had the luxury of leaving Blind, Darmian, and Mkhi out of the squad completely.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We better have bailly and jones fit against city
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Top of CL group

2nd in the Prem

PP is back, Rojo too

We need Eric back soonest. This Smalling no dey fill me with confide

Watford game on Tuesday will be a real test

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Yes watford will give united a tough game,we need all our players back fit so mourinho can have options
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^And is it still racist to consider Lukaku's first touch reminiscent of Titus Bramble in the Moulin Rouge.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:Yes watford will give united a tough game,we need all our players back fit so mourinho can have options
Manu next two games will be tough hopefully Watford win and beloved do the same.
When are you guys playing City?
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:Yes watford will give united a tough game,we need all our players back fit so mourinho can have options
Manu next two games will be tough hopefully Watford win and beloved do the same.
In 3 games :D. Must See TV. The noisy neighbors are coming... The noisy neighbors are coming :thumbs:
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

spastic wrote:
kajifu wrote:
In 3 games :D. Must See TV. The noisy neighbors are coming... The noisy neighbors are coming :thumbs:
The noisy neighbors are coming on a BUS :mrgreen:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Man city are playing how united used to play under ferguson, attack for 90 minutes

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Lindelof is the dodgy one more than Smalling. Cannot believe Man Utd paid 35m for a player with that many rough edges to his game. The youngster Tuanzebe (a youth team player) looks more composed than him. Behold the work of Lindelof:

Lindelof's "performance" for Sweden against Holland... He committed a Sunday football style error. He tried to clear the ball and accidentally booted the ball onto his hand inside his own penalty area! (I kid you not) :shock: He gave away a penalty and a goal.

He is really a WIP. If Man Utd wanted a defender with lots of room to improve, they could have just groomed Tuanzebe rather than paying nearly 40 million for a defender that needs remoulding.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... -Cup-video
tfco wrote:Top of CL group

2nd in the Prem

PP is back, Rojo too

We need Eric back soonest. This Smalling no dey fill me with confide

Watford game on Tuesday will be a real test
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:Man city are playing how united used to play under ferguson, attack for 90 minutes
LIES!! Thank God I am old enough to have watched Ferguson play Oshea and Fletcher in midfield, with Rafael and Park as Wingers, with Phil Jones as a RB in a bruising 4-4-2. :lol: You think we were born yesterday, and you can come and lie as you like? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Small shout out for Carras16 who is probably playing his last season for MUFC. The club announced last week that he has been out of the team the past 3 months because he underwent treatment for an irregular heartbeat. He is back in training but not at match fitness yet. Probably the end of the road for him as he is 36, already had his testimonial, has a beautiful wife and family, and Mourinho and the board have offered him a position on the coaching staff.

If it is indeed his final season - well done Carras. Just a shame that some England managers did not realise what an excellent quarterback regista you were/are.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:Man city are playing how united used to play under ferguson, attack for 90 minutes
LIES!! Thank God I am old enough to have watched Ferguson play Oshea and Fletcher in midfield, with Rafael and Park as Wingers, with Phil Jones as a RB in a bruising 4-4-2. :lol: You think we were born yesterday, and you can come and lie as you like? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You catch him right hand,Sir Alex did not play this kind football but trust Manu fan to lie just because City has move ahead of them.Sir Alex had it easy because City was crap and c.u.r.s.e just like spurs before Arab people bless the C.U.R.S.E.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

spastic wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Wow hope beloved win and allow the 2 Manchester fight it out.Chai good football every week
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Today i caught a bit of Monday Night Football, and Gary Neville mentioned that around 7 players who played vs Bournemouth are players who played under Sir Alex Ferguson or something like that.

And they also showed a graphic of the United sick/suspension list, players like Pogba, Rojo, Fellaini, Bailly, Carrick, Ibrahimovic were shown to have been unavailable for majority of this current season and last.

This surely is a major thing affecting United. Those are very important players
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

benteke wrote:Today i caught a bit of Monday Night Football, and Gary Neville mentioned that around 7 players who played vs Bournemouth are players who played under Sir Alex Ferguson or something like that.

And they also showed a graphic of the United sick/suspension list, players like Pogba, Rojo, Fellaini, Bailly, Carrick, Ibrahimovic were shown to have been unavailable for majority of this current season and last.

Whatever........................JUST GO & PARK THE DAMN BUS :lol: :lol: :lol:
Park the bus, park the bus Man United
Park the bus, park the bus I say
Playing football the Mourinho way
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

zee wrote:
benteke wrote:Today i caught a bit of Monday Night Football, and Gary Neville mentioned that around 7 players who played vs Bournemouth are players who played under Sir Alex Ferguson or something like that.

Neville: United’s recruitment ‘all over the place’
Date published: Monday 18th December 2017 11:19

Gary Neville has criticised Manchester United’s recruitment policy, highlighting that seven of the 11 starters on West Brom on Sunday remain from Sir Alex Ferguson’s reign.

Ferguson retired in 2013, since when David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho have spent in excess of £600million on recruitment.

But many of their big signings, including Angel Di Maria, Memphis Depay, Radamel Falcao, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin have flopped, and Neville has hit out at the club’s “disjointed” approach.

“If you look at that back five today then they were all there when Sir Alex Ferguson was at the club,” said Neville on Sky Sports before United’s 2-1 win at West Brom.

“They’ve signed eight defenders in the last four or five years and not one of them is in the team today.

“You’ve got Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young and David de Gea and you obviously have Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford, who were also at the club as well, so seven out of that 11 were there five years ago.

“The recruitment has not been good enough in the previous five years. It’s been disjointed with David Moyes coming in, then they flipped upwards towards Louis van Gaal and then backwards with Mourinho in terms of the profile of players.

“It hasn’t been good enough, the recruitment, it’s been all over the place and you can see still quite a lot of the players in that squad have been at the club for a long time.”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Coach wrote:^And is it still racist to consider Lukaku's first touch reminiscent of Titus Bramble in the Moulin Rouge.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

benteke wrote:
zee wrote:

Gary Neville has criticised Manchester United’s recruitment policy, highlighting that seven of the 11 starters on West Brom on Sunday remain from Sir Alex Ferguson’s reign.

Ferguson retired in 2013, since when David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho have spent in excess of £600million on recruitment.

But many of their big signings, including Angel Di Maria, Memphis Depay, Radamel Falcao, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin have flopped, and Neville has hit out at the club’s “disjointed” approach.

“If you look at that back five today then they were all there when Sir Alex Ferguson was at the club,” said Neville on Sky Sports before United’s 2-1 win at West Brom.

“They’ve signed eight defenders in the last four or five years and not one of them is in the team today.

“You’ve got Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young and David de Gea and you obviously have Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford, who were also at the club as well, so seven out of that 11 were there five years ago.

“The recruitment has not been good enough in the previous five years. It’s been disjointed with David Moyes coming in, then they flipped upwards towards Louis van Gaal and then backwards with Mourinho in terms of the profile of players.

“It hasn’t been good enough, the recruitment, it’s been all over the place and you can see still quite a lot of the players in that squad have been at the club for a long time.”

Paid 600 million pounds "raheem sterling" for $#% on a stick. :lol: :lol: :lol: and some of you have the effrontery to talk about City's spending. smh

anyway, plenty plenty games still dey. As a lot of you love to point out, unlike NDL, the "EPL is not won in December" :lol:

#cosign
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

metalalloy wrote:
benteke wrote:
zee wrote:

Paid 600 million pounds "raheem sterling" for $#% on a stick. :lol: :lol: :lol: and some of you have the effrontery to talk about City's spending. smh

anyway, plenty plenty games still dey. As a lot of you love to point out, unlike NDL, the "EPL is not won in December" :lol:

#cosign
But it's 600million since Ferguson retired in 2013.

I personally mentioned that Pep on his own has blown around 400million on City, and he inherited brilliant players like De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Fernandino, Kompany, Sterling, Otamendi etc. That was a good starting point.

Off course a few things haven't gone well with United on the recruitment front, it's a thing i always argue about with fellow supporter @wiseone that Alex Ferguson let the squad fall much behind the City squad, and as such when he retired it became a scramble and panick operation to get back to the top, not to mention the mistake that was Moyes.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

benteke wrote:
But it's 600million since Ferguson retired in 2013.

I personally mentioned that Pep on his own has blown around 400million on City, and he inherited brilliant players like De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Fernandino, Kompany, Sterling, Otamendi etc. That was a good starting point.

Off course a few things haven't gone well with United on the recruitment front, it's a thing i always argue about with fellow supporter @wiseone that Alex Ferguson let the squad fall much behind the City squad, and as such when he retired it became a scramble and panick operation to get back to the top, not to mention the mistake that was Moyes.

Is it really fair to blame SAF rather than the Glazers? didn't you have a lower net spend than around the time he left?

I agree that Pep has thrown an absurd amount of money at his problems, but you have to put it in context of the absurd transfer market that exists today. And at least it appears he is spending with a purpose to address specific areas that his team struggled with, in defense. It is undeniable that city was ancient in the back and he had to address it. No matter who he went for, in this absurd market, city was always going to overpay. He has a specific way he wants to play and bought players to fit his system.