SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Post by maceo4 »

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:[/video]
I think this should be moved to a new thread, Sir. This is "Oliseh Jupier League Watch"

Thanks
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Link for today's cup game - Fortuna Sittard v . AZ Alkmaar (Europa League team)

I was contemplating not posting the league, because I dont want some people to use their bad belle to watch this game. :D

http://xn--frstrowsports-pjb.eu/
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:[/video]
I think this should be moved to a new thread, Sir. This is "Oliseh Jupier League Watch"

Thanks
Two former SE's coaching in the 2nd division and paving the way for more. :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chei! Wetin happen. went to a meeting at half time and seems dem Oliseh got brushed at the end of the game. Hopefully they learn from it and are able to now concentrate on the league!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:Chei! Wetin happen. went to a meeting at half time and seems dem Oliseh got brushed at the end of the game. Hopefully they learn from it and are able to now concentrate on the league!
What happened? Link no work
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Sadly seems AZ made changes and brought in the big guns ..scored 3 goals in 12 mins or so
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Fortuna Sittard 3 - 1 Jong FC Utrecht

Sittard returned to league action today, and the victory takes them back to the top of the table. :clap: :clap: :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Hopefully they get automatic qualification.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Historians, if he wins promotion, could he be first African/Naijan in a top league top division.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

anointed wrote:Historians, if he wins promotion, could he be first African/Naijan in a top league top division.
Eguavoen coached in Malta in 2000-01. Abi no be Top League?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

folem wrote:
anointed wrote:Historians, if he wins promotion, could he be first African/Naijan in a top league top division.
Eguavoen coached in Malta in 2000-01. Abi no be Top League?
Top league top division
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Depends on how you define "African". Africans by birth that have coached in top European divisions include Jean Tigana and Carlos Queiroz.
http://www.naijiant.com/
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

cic old boy wrote:
Depends on how you define "African". Africans by birth that have coached in top European divisions include Jean Tigana and Carlos Queiroz.
Top has to be defined too. Dutch league is not a top 10 league anymore.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

cic old boy wrote:
Those ones can't count. They have to have been fully born and bred here.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

folem wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Netherlands falls into top league category. Malta does not. Simple. Even Nigeria is dropping on FIFA ranking.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

anointed wrote:
folem wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
Netherlands falls into top league category. Malta does not. Simple. Even Nigeria is dropping on FIFA ranking.
Belgium is a Top 10 League so Hany Ramzy @ Lierse SK ticks the box.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Wow this is huge in terms of the doors it could open for other black coaches. Might seem ridiculous at this time, but a return to SE at some point in the distant future is surely on the cards. Oliseh is making Pinnick's initial decision to hire him look not so bad. He is also maturing as a person, and could be a world-class coach when he's in his 60's. Where is that "countdown to Oliseh implosion thread sef.. :laugh: ? Super-sized humble pies.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

http://www.football-oranje.com/sunday-o ... back-fans/

Sunday Oliseh: ”We must give pride back to our fans ”

Fortuna Sittard manager Sunday Oliseh spoke to the NOS upon his one year anniversary in charge of the Eerste Divisie club.

A year ago when Oliseh took charge at the club they were in the bottom half of the Jupiler League with questions surrounding their future. However, they now sit on top of the league and are on course for a return to the Eredivisie. He spoke of the importance of giving pride back to their fans who have been through a lot.

Oliseh said, ”When I came to Fortuna Sittard a year ago I found players that had very little faith in themselves and things were also being done in an amateur way.

”The first thing I wanted to do was change the mentality and work together with the players. I also wanted to give chances to players that were really hungry to play.

”I also believe one of the reasons why we are doing so well is the support that we are getting from our fans. These supporters have been made fun of by other clubs around the region for many years and they have only witnessed relegation fights and problems about bankruptcy.

”We must give pride back to our fans. I also have a duty to make my players marketable because most of them want to play at a higher level.

”I tell my players that there are two ways to reach the top. Either you take Fortuna Sittard there and play at the top. Or you play football so that somebody at the top can buy you. Perr Schuurs has already made that step signing for Ajax and something tells me that he will not be the last.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Fortuna played a winter break warm up game some days ago, as part of preparation for their league match v. Jong Ajax

[/video]