Looking beyond the group stage

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet
Looking beyond the group stage

Post by DAgrin »

Our draw doesn't look favorable at all.
Some might say you need to beat the best if you want to win it all but even the best teams improve during a tournament and don't want to meet the good teams too early.
It is indeed very likely that we will meet France if we do not top our group and come 2nd.
If we come first in our group we will very likely prevent France in the last 16 but very likely meet Spain in the quarter-final.

So it is more than likely we will either France or Spain in our next 2 games after the group stage.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Looking beyond the group stage

Post by ANC »

Make it out of the group first.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what a daft thread..dejavu allover again ..my goodness... worlcup never even start but this it..dey talk who dem go jam next 2 rounds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I say bring them on.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Bigpokey24 wrote:what a daft thread..dejavu allover again ..my goodness... worlcup never even start but this it..dey talk who dem go jam next 2 rounds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why not?
Every good coach looks at the possible opponents that could come next for himself while preparing his team for the group stage opponents first.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

One game at a time

Wha choo looking at?!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

You guys are no fun. Why are you attacking the poster? What else is this forum for if not to discuss and fantasize over things we have no control over. We just gather to engage in banter and do what fans do.
A fan has chosen to look beyond the group stage and dream of games beyond that. What's the harm in that? Can any post on here affect the games. Do we not already know the obvious that we play one game at a time or that we must first get out if the group? Geez! You all need to relax!

Anyway, I agree that we have a tough road after the group stage. The hope is to Top the group, so we don't have to play France.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

DAgrin wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:what a daft thread..dejavu allover again ..my goodness... worlcup never even start but this it..dey talk who dem go jam next 2 rounds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why not?
Every good coach looks at the possible opponents that could come next for himself while preparing his team for the group stage opponents first.
France in 2002 and SPain in 2014 says hello talkless of the clueless SE fans who were yelling Brazil before this happened

[/video]
you better pray this man is 100% fit all else , nah early exit

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Nothing wrong with planning ahead
[2] Serious teams look at all the opponents they will face in the race for the trophy
[3] In 2014, Germany actually built a camp from scratch top house its contingent up until the final
[4] Pundits in all the contenders like Spain, France, Germany, Brazil, etc have all charted their routes to the final
[5] In many cases, these teams know they have to top their group to avoid difficult opponents
[6] Personally, I believe that teams that fear any opponent are not serious about wining the World Cup
[7] Ask yourselves if Brazil or Germany will ever fear anyone
[8] At the Nations Cup, we do not fear anyone, so need to take that wining mentality on to the global stage
[9] It is a fallacy to say we lost to Denmark because we were planning ahead. We were just crap that day
[10] Having said that, I would rather play Peru, Denmark or Australia in the second round than France. After that it will most likely be Spain in the quarter finals. I say bring them on!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

DAgrin wrote:
Why not?
Hmm, it seems you're a good student :shock: :shock: :shock: . You are really leaning :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I see you started this post with CAPITAL LETTERS. Wow! Anyway, you are still a mumu!
Last edited by Odas on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Why not?
France in 2002 and SPain in 2014 says hello talkless of the clueless SE fans who were yelling Brazil before this happened

[/video]

We all know who this person is to you :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Argentina fans are looking to the semis with Spain

Croatian fans want Germany

Iceland isn’t scared of France

Nigeria fans want Spain

At least 2, maybe 3 teams in our group are dreaming.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I want those French Fuuks. We owe them an asswhooping. If they combust under pressure and fail to make it out of their group then we get the Danish butter cookies. This should be an opportunity to eliminate teams that have caused us pain in the past. 1st was the Cameroonians, next will be Argentina
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

The one with "critical thinking skills." Look at the way your so-called "critical thinking skill" led you to respond to a thread written by a Forumer with no insult to anyone. Your stupidity shows again. You are a REAL fool
Last edited by Odas on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

We are not even sure we have truly qualified. With 3 point lost due to admin issues who knows what Zambia could come with next. :taunt:

Argentina, then France/Denmark, then Spain, Germany, and then Brazil

We have to play them all. We will lose at some point. The question is when.
Last edited by Robotnik on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Why not?

[/video]

That Denmark game was painful to watch and relive.
I still remember being stunned for hours after the
game.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ebyboy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Why not?

[/video]

That Denmark game was painful to watch and relive.
I still remember being stunned for hours after the
game.
Just watched that game again a few days ago, our players individually were better than our current crop, but they were a damn poor TEAM. Imbalanced, and disorganized defensively, only midfielder interested in defending was Oliseh. Our players individually had close ball control in tight spaces, keeping and protecting the ball, accurate and intelligent passing, even defender West showing his attacking skills, dribbling doing Zidane like pirouettes in Denmarks half. But we were so wasteful, on the other hand they were so precise with their finishing, its like every single chance they got turned into a goal while Kanu and JJ just kept wasting all of ours.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Funny think I see SE as the dark horse in this competition.They will top their group,knock France that will not finish top of their own group,knock spain and go for glory.
It will surprise people like how it happen when Leicester win the league.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

kajifu wrote:Funny think I see SE as the dark horse in this competition.They will top their group,knock France that will not finish top of their own group,knock spain and go for glory.
change your name from Kajifu to Joseph the dreamer - if Nigeria by chance make the last 16 - i will celebrate like another Christmas
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

walesvilla wrote:
kajifu wrote:Funny think I see SE as the dark horse in this competition.They will top their group,knock France that will not finish top of their own group,knock spain and go for glory.
change your name from Kajifu to Joseph the dreamer - if Nigeria by chance make the last 16 - i will celebrate like another Christmas
Walesvilla: We will beat Croatia and top our group, that you can be assured. Just wait and see and please don't ask me to provide a proof because I have none, but please mark what I said.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Most of us will take 2 draws and a win. 5 points and runner up spot on goal difference... Removing all sentiments, that's how I see it playing out. That will make us the underdog team against our round of 16 opponent. We pull off a shock win and suddenly everyone starts to take Nigeria seriously....
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:Most of us will take 2 draws and a win. 5 points and runner up spot on goal difference... Removing all sentiments, that's how I see it playing out. That will make us the underdog team against our round of 16 opponent. We pull off a shock win and suddenly everyone starts to take Nigeria seriously....

Who is this "most of us?" Did you conduct a poll here to ascertain that?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Most of us will take 2 draws and a win. 5 points and runner up spot on goal difference... Removing all sentiments, that's how I see it playing out. That will make us the underdog team against our round of 16 opponent. We pull off a shock win and suddenly everyone starts to take Nigeria seriously....

Who is this "most of us?" Did you conduct a poll here to ascertain that?
Faced with the scenario of narrowly missing out on qualifying for the next round (a statistically probable outcome) and the scenario I presented, which would you opt for?...

Just to add a bit more context to my statement..