Emmanuel Eboue - Very Sad Situation (Lessons Learned)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Emmanuel Eboue - Very Sad Situation (Lessons Learned)

Post by Cally »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... s-11746303

This article says Eboue went through a bitter divorce that left him sleeping on the floor and running away from bailiffs. He's now suicidal and has lost everything.

This is so sad.

SPORT
Skint ex-Arsenal defender Emmanuel Eboue hides from bailiffs, sleeps on pal's floor and can't afford washing machine
Emmanuel Eboue's staggering riches-to-rags plight, after an illustrious seven year career in the Premier League, has pushed him to the brink of suicide

ByDarren Lewis
23:00, 23 DEC 2017UPDATED23:03, 23 DEC 2017

EXCLUSIVE: EMMANUEL EBOUE REVEALS PERSONAL HEARTBREAK AND FINANCIAL WOES

Eleven years ago he was lining up to take part in the biggest club match in world football.

During an illustrious seven-year career in the Premier League , he pocketed millions of pounds in wages, lived in a mansion and drove flashy cars.

Now ex-Arsenal defender Emmanuel Eboue spends his days hiding from ­bailiffs, sometimes sleeps on the floor of a friend’s home, travels by bus and even cleans his clothes by hand because he has no washing machine.

Today, the 34-year-old tells how his staggering riches-to-rags plight has pushed him to the brink of suicide.

“I want God to help me,” he says. “Only he can help take these thoughts from my mind.”

To listen to Eboue open his heart is as harrowing as it is shocking.

Emmanuel Eboue says his fall from grace has pushed him to the brink of suicide (Image: Philip Coburn/Daily Mirror)
He wants to talk openly and honestly in a bid to encourage others going through the same ordeal to open up.

The Sunday Mirror, through its Time To Change campaign, has been battling for the past six years to smash the stigma associated with the mental ill health with which Eboue is now suffering.

At the peak of his career with Arsenal he became a fans’ favourite. He was part of the side that faced Barcelona in the 2006 Champions League final.

Arsenal lost but Eboue remains a cult-hero at the Emirates Stadium, as much for his happy demeanour and his goal celebrations as the ability which saw him help the Ivory Coast reach the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations Final.

The ex-Arsenal defender has lost everything (Image: Philip Coburn/Daily Mirror)

Eboue, currently unable to play football because of ill-health, says he has been pushed to the brink. He has:

Lost a bitter divorce battle, with his wife Aurelie awarded all of their assets.
Had to hide from cops and bailiffs after being ordered by a judge to transfer his remaining Enfield home to his wife.
Faced a heartbreaking estrangement from his three kids, who he has not seen since June.
Been grieving after the cancer death of grandfather Amadou Bertin – who raised him – and the loss of his brother N’Dri Serge, killed in a motorbike accident.

Emmanuel Eboue pictured with his wife and baby in happier times (Image: Getty)
It is now three weeks since a deadline passed for Eboue to surrender ownership of the North London home he used to share with Aurelie.

A judge will sign the transfer if Eboue does not do so.

The player and his wife lived there in happier times before Eboue bought a mansion – which Aurelie has now put on the market.

He understands she will rent out the Enfield property.

Emmanuel Eboue on the pitch for Arsenal (Image: Getty)
So Eboue, his belongings in bags, now awaits the knock that will see him ordered to leave at any time.

The worried star said: “I can’t afford the money to continue to have any lawyer or barrister.

"I am in the house but I am scared. Because I don’t know what time the police will come.

“Sometimes I shut off the lights because I don’t want people to know that I am inside. I put everything behind the door.

The ex-Premier League star is now forced to use public transport to get around (Image: Philip Coburn/Daily Mirror)
"My own house. I suffered to buy my house but I am now scared.

“I am not going to sell my clothes or sell what I have. I will fight until the end because it is not fair.”

Eboue has taken a huge fall from the days he netted millions at Arsenal and then more than £1.5million a year at Turkish side Galatasaray.

His dream of a Premier League return with Sunderland evaporated last year, however, after he was hit with a 12-month ban by FIFA after a dispute with a former agent.

Eboue was hit with a 12 month FIFA ban after a dispute with his former agent (Image: Philip Coburn/Daily Mirror)
Eboue says he was never given ­guidance to manage his finances.

Insisting his wife looked after most of their affairs, he admits being “naive” with money.

He also claims he was beset by a string of people who gave bad advice and lost him huge sums.

With a limited ­education, Eboue is paying the price for being unaware of his financial situation. His handful of visits to the bank were with Aurelie.

Eboue even recalls an occasion when bank staff visited him – to sign paperwork – at Arsenal’s training ground.

And he now wants other young African footballers to learn from his mistakes.

Eboue wants other young African footballers to learn from his mistakes (Image: Philip Coburn/Daily Mirror)
He says: “I look back and say ­‘Emmanuel, you have been naive... why didn’t you think about that before?’ It is hard.

"Very, very hard. The money I earned, I sent it to my wife for our children.

“In Turkey I earned eight million euros. I sent seven million back home. Whatever she tells me to sign, I sign.

"She is my wife. The problems with FIFA were because of people advising me. People who are supposed to care. But it was because of them FIFA banned me.”

Having surrendered the cars among assets transferred to his wife, Eboue now has an Oyster card and relies on London transport – while doing his best to avoid being recognised.

Eboue says his wife took care of all his business dealings (Image: Philip Coburn/Daily Mirror)
He splits his time between the Enfield house and the home of a ­confidante he calls his “sister” – Yasmin Razak.

He often sleeps on a mattress on her living room floor.

But even watching TV – and seeing the likes of former team-mate Thierry Henry as a football pundit – triggers negative thoughts.

He adds: “When I see Thierry I feel happy for him but ashamed of my own situation.

"When I see friends on TV that I played with or against I say to myself ‘I should still be there’. It’s hard to watch them.”

Both Yasmin and another close pal, ex-Portsmouth and Newcastle striker Lomana Lua Lua, have been crucial in helping Eboue stay afloat.

Eboue consoles Jack Wilshere after losing to Birmingham in the League Cup final (Image: Reuters)
Of Yasmin, he said: “I call her house The Bunker. I can hide there. She has children. I don’t want to disturb them, so I sleep on the floor.”

Eboue is devastated at spending Christmas apart from his own kids, daughters Clara, 14, and Maeva, 12, and son Mathis, nine.

He goes on: “It hurts me a lot. They used to call me. But now, no contact. It pains me to be alone without them.”

Eboue has been left without so much as a washing machine.

But he won’t be beaten, saying: “Every day I wash my jeans, my clothes, everything. My hands are hard. As though I have been working on a farm.

Eboue with Arsene Wenger in 2010 (Image: Getty Images)
“I thank my grandmother because she taught me to wash, cook, clean, everything as a young man.

“I continue to thank God. I have my life. I didn’t want what has happened. I don’t wish it on anybody.”

While Eboue wants to return to playing one day, he would jump at the chance of working with former club Arsenal or players’ union the PFA.

He says: “I would accept help from anywhere but if my previous club wants to help me then I would be very, very happy. Maybe I could help the young players?

“The PFA helped me when I had my problems with my agent. If they gave me a job, even if it wasn’t a big, big job.

“Maybe I’d see some of the people I played with or against and I’d feel embarrassed. But I would cope.”
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
ikemba
Egg
Egg
Re: Emmanuel Eboue - Very Sad Situation (Lessons Learned)

Post by ikemba »

:sad: :sad: :sad:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Insisting his wife looked after most of their affairs, he admits being “naive” with money.
He saw her true colors, once the money dried up.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^And only has himself to blame. T'is always about the money, both that palpable and that which resides within dream and fantasy. Only a fool believes otherwise and only one intent on self destruction would hand over authority and command of his own produce to such a situation. Yet another example of the chimerical nature of social interaction, very little about its players is any more than the choreographed and scripted, a fiction, made fact by the shimmer and gleam of transitional metals. Eboue was a compound fool, one hopes his wearing the dunce's cap and standing upright in the corner, will have drawn the necessary attention and educated many to the produce of the crucible. T'is not the ore brethren, that which lures all in by its promise, rather the metal that emerges from the fire and furnace. Some would be irons are no more than an amalgamation of the flimsiest pseudo-steels, as brittle as the branch snapped by the light autumnal breeze.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

He does have himself to blame, but Arsenal and CIV should give the guy a job abeg. It is when we hear he is no more people will be fighting themselves to type RIP.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

airwolex wrote:He does have himself to blame, but Arsenal and CIV should give the guy a job abeg. It is when we hear he is no more people will be fighting themselves to type RIP.
He could have himself to blame.

Don't know if you are a Christian...

But the prayer below is a powerful one.

'
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.'"
For if the devil remembers you, you will need divine intervention to withstand it.

You might feel you are immune to such errors or challenges until the devil remembers you and you will not be quick to judge someone.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

He is young, with life experience, at 34 yrs he can learn a new trade or go back to college. He should stop regretting the past and use the funds from the PFA to build a new future.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Lost a bitter divorce battle, with his wife Aurelie awarded all of their assets.

Surely he can't be that naive?

Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

To paraphrase a great man, the more milk in the coffee, the weaker the cuppa. There comes a point when the faint twang of dry roasted beans, is the only vestige of what was once a powerful qahwah. Eboue has only himself to blame. Truth be told, it was only a matter of time.

@Celluminatus, as far as old Nick is concerned, when the gold stacks high enough, the pale moon crackles in the night sky and the sweet notes whistle from the saxophone, then, he'll ask to dance. And rest assured, he's no less than Fred Astaire. Every rich man knows he's coming in due time and every poor man has already made his acquaintance.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

What is the other side of the story? Was there an affair, or physical abuse, or threats? What is the wife's side of the story?

Wha choo looking at?!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Cellular wrote:
airwolex wrote:He does have himself to blame, but Arsenal and CIV should give the guy a job abeg. It is when we hear he is no more people will be fighting themselves to type RIP.

'
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.'"
For if the devil remembers you, you will need divine intervention to withstand it.

You might feel you are immune to such errors or challenges until the devil remembers you and you will not be quick to judge someone.

I am not a christian. i dont believe in the devil.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

He should have stayed away from White women and married an African woman.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Why is this story posted here? This is cybereagles , this Bobo is neither 9ja or an Eagle in fact He played for our. Enemies Ivory. Coast so I say good for him. He married a white club girl who the authorities have handed all his money to good for he him. He should go back to Ivory Coast and get a job coaching. Or. Write a Book entitled Don't hand over all your money to a club girl.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote:
I think these women are all the same. They ONLY hide what they are until you hit a ROCK - one way or the other. On the other hand, how can he lose everything to the ex? What type of court did they go? I have never heard of such before. I have always heard of 50/50. Maybe the judge has something to gain in the fight.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:agree: :agree: :agree:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ogasir wrote:He should have stayed away from White women and married an African woman.
Hmm, he married a White woman? That explains it. The judge is simply wanting to strip Ebueh of everything as a revenge for marrying one of their own (a White woman). That explains it, I am NOT surprised at the rulings at all.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Flex Swift wrote:Why is this story posted here? This is cybereagles , this Bobo is neither 9ja or an Eagle in fact He played for our. Enemies Ivory. Coast so I say good for him. He married a white club girl who the authorities have handed all his money to good for he him. He should go back to Ivory Coast and get a job coaching. Or. Write a Book entitled Don't hand over all your money to a club girl.

What? Really, and we would have rubbish articles here on European clubs. This certainly belongs here if the Euro stuff does. BTW, what does marrying a European lady have to do with this? Na wao!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:

'

AMEN. My brother. May the Lord deliver Eboue and lead him to peace.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

maybe he can work as a Korean translator.

Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
I think these women are all the same. They ONLY hide what they are until you hit a ROCK - one way or the other. On the other hand, how can he lose everything to the ex? What type of court did they go? I have never heard of such before. I have always heard of 50/50. Maybe the judge has something to gain in the fight.
I don't know about you but I have a good woman. There are two sides to a story.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Enugu II wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Why is this story posted here? This is cybereagles , this Bobo is neither 9ja or an Eagle in fact He played for our. Enemies Ivory. Coast so I say good for him. He married a white club girl who the authorities have handed all his money to good for he him. He should go back to Ivory Coast and get a job coaching. Or. Write a Book entitled Don't hand over all your money to a club girl.

What? Really, and we would have rubbish articles here on European clubs. This certainly belongs here if the Euro stuff does. BTW, what does marrying a European lady have to do with this? Na wao!
The amount of racist stuff I've seen on this thread! If some white guys said the same about black women we would be up in arms.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
What two sides are there in this one for him to be ordered to lose EVERYTHING to the woman?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
... by the way, wait until you hit the BOTTOM :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and you will see for yourself.