KAA Gent's Samuel Kalu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: KAA Gent's Samuel Kalu

Post by walesvilla »

Saw the game live. And Kalu not done any special that caught my eye...Not ready at all. Apart from collecting 2 yellow cards and sent off .
Same goes for Etisiri still mistiming tackles. Will see more red than he sees the ball in Russia
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Saw him play last week. Looks a very impressive player with speed, trickery, and dribbling skills. Also takes corners. He could be an option in 2018 and beyond as a winger. Funnily enough he looked more dangerous than his teammate Simon Moses.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:He's been mentioned many times on this forum even during the qualifiers so john12 needs to chill. That said he's young but Gotti called him a turnover machine and needed to cut that out of his game to get to the next level. I think his time will come after the 2018 WC. I don't think he's good enough to knock off the current wide forwards/wingers.
Exactly...
At this point, I will take Bonaventure over Kalu, but I don't think either will be ready for Russia.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This thread na waya! :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

john12 wrote:Uchebo video in 2014 was world class. Chai! That guy really play us like a maga. I️ remember seeing his videos in 2014 and thought we had baby kanu only for flavor nabania to show up at Brazil

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

metalalloy wrote:
john12 wrote:Uchebo video in 2014 was world class. Chai! That guy really play us like a maga. I️ remember seeing his videos in 2014 and thought we had baby kanu only for flavor nabania to show up at Brazil

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You see how evil people can be? :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

From watching his highlights (see below), he looks like the typical Nigerian winger (ala Simon, Musa, Ikedia, and Babangida), that prefers to beat his man and pass rather than cross the ball. The few times he crossed the ball, his crosses were accurate though. At the very least, will say his final ball is probably better than Musa's, which is a low bar to set. Haven't seen enough of him to say he is better than Simon. Also don't know if he is better than some of our other wingers/wide forwards, such as Bazee, Nwakueme, Bonaventure, etc.

Kalu Highlights:

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Enough of this belittling insults to Ahmed musa. I believe that this Ahmed musa insults stems from his tribe (northern) than football reasons. You guys just decides to pick on certain players for no reason and negate that player achievement. Ahmed musa is super eagles current top scorer, the dude has over 65 appearances, World Cup goals and experience, champions league and 3x Russian league MVP. However, any player that start scoring at backwater leagues are suggested as a better replacement than musa. Please, cut that crap. We should support one of our experienced player now at the downside of his career. The issue his going through presently at club isn’t football related instead of supporting him you’re denigrating him
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

How did I insult Musa? Everyone knows his final ball is often poor when he plays from the wings. Then again I think he plays better as a striker than as a winger.
john12 wrote:Enough of this belittling insults to Ahmed musa. I believe that this Ahmed musa insults stems from his tribe (northern) than football reasons. You guys just decides to pick on certain players for no reason and negate that player achievement. Ahmed musa is super eagles current top scorer, the dude has over 65 appearances, World Cup goals and experience, champions league and 3x Russian league MVP. However, any player that start scoring at backwater leagues are suggested as a better replacement than musa. Please, cut that crap. We should support one of our experienced player now at the downside of his career. The issue his going through presently at club isn’t football related instead of supporting him you’re denigrating him
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

He’s not even nearly ready.
There is some potential there but he’s decision making with the ball is youth team stuff.
We gotta stop getting carried away by entertaining wide dribblers who bring nothing much else into the game. His passing is very poor, he rarely makes a decent cross, he hasn’t learnt when to speed up versus when to hold up, is addicted to going on the outside of players despite being two-footed and yet it’s almost impossible to find a good cutback from him.
He strikes a mean ball though so if someone can really coach him over the next few years he might be worth a look in. But to suggest him now borders on sabotage.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

john12 wrote:Enough of this belittling insults to Ahmed musa. I believe that this Ahmed musa insults stems from his tribe (northern) than football reasons. You guys just decides to pick on certain players for no reason and negate that player achievement. Ahmed musa is super eagles current top scorer, the dude has over 65 appearances, World Cup goals and experience, champions league and 3x Russian league MVP. However, any player that start scoring at backwater leagues are suggested as a better replacement than musa. Please, cut that crap. We should support one of our experienced player now at the downside of his career. The issue his going through presently at club isn’t football related instead of supporting him you’re denigrating him

Musa is currently a junk player, Rohr was bold to drop Musa to the bench and the result is the SE qualified for Russia. SE was unable to qualify for back to back ANC with Musa in the first 11. I don't know if you are Musa or paid by Musa but enough is enough. Musa is junk and not good enough for SE. Simple and plain.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

john12 wrote: I believe that this Ahmed musa insults stems from his tribe (northern) than football reasons.
Can you please delete those nasty ethnic and divisive comments. They are totally tasteless, unfounded and breach CE rules. There is no room for such nasty sentiments in Nigerian football.

No one has any problem with other northerners like Shehu Abdulahi or Ogenyi Onazi, so why should Musa's ethnicity be an issue? Can we please stick to footballing technicalities here. Moderators, can you please send John12 a warning not to divide the CE family.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
john12 wrote: I believe that this Ahmed musa insults stems from his tribe (northern) than football reasons.
Can you please delete those nasty ethnic and divisive comments. They are totally tasteless, unfounded and breach CE rules. There is no room for such nasty sentiments in Nigerian football.

No one has any problem with other northerners like Shehu Abdulahi or Ogenyi Onazi, so why should Musa's ethnicity be an issue? Can we please stick to footballing technicalities here. Moderators, can you please send John12 a warning not to divide the CE family.
Methinks the lady doth protest too much. A touch of guilt pangs perhaps?
It’s fair to say some of the criticsm Musa receives on this site is so out of proportion that folks like John12 are forced to imagine non-footballing reasons for it. The fact is, in a Nigerian shirt, either as a starter or a sub, Musa has done enough to earn our respect regardless of what’s happening at his club. And considering the personal issues he’s had this year, I wish CE was more generous to him.
He’s a seasoned international and unproven kids like Onyekuru and Kalu should be carrying his boots.
So I’m all for the soul searching that John12 is provoking and note that he’s not accused anyone specifically of anything. Calm down.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Agents full this board sha.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Onazi na "northerner"?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

waka-man wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

It’s fair to say some of the criticsm Musa receives on this site is so out of proportion that folks like John12 are forced to imagine non-footballing reasons for it. The fact is, in a Nigerian shirt, either as a starter or a sub, Musa has done enough to earn our respect regardless of what’s happening at his club. And considering the personal issues he’s had this year, I wish CE was more generous to him.
He’s a seasoned international and unproven kids like Onyekuru and Kalu should be carrying his boots.
So I’m all for the soul searching that John12 is provoking and note that he’s not accused anyone specifically of anything. Calm down.
Should the likes of Efe Ambrose, Sunday Mba, Brown ideye, etc also be called back then, simply because they have served Nigeria well in the past? Some of you are just unbelievable. Maybe England should also invite the Aston Villa captain John Terry back for their World Cup squad too!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

People have made comments here that he is only in the team to satisfy some quota system so what are you on about? And what technicalities are your assessments based on when you are not part of the technical team that consistently select him for Nigeria? My people dey say be wary of the person that akways shour thief thief first.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

1naija wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

People have made comments here that he is only in the team to satisfy some quota system so what are you on about? And what technicalities are your assessments based on when you are not part of the technical team that consistently select him for Nigeria? My people dey say be wary of the person that always shout thief thief first.
You don't have to bring Thief Mcal into this :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
waka-man wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Should the likes of Efe Ambrose, Sunday Mba, Brown ideye, etc also be called back then, simply because they have served Nigeria well in the past? Some of you are just unbelievable. Maybe England should also invite the Aston Villa captain John Terry back for their World Cup squad too!
Chai.

Your inability to marshal a simple argument to buttress your points is comical. A simple framework such as stament/explanation/evidence might help you. Then again, it might not.

We’ve just finished a World Cup qualification campaign where Musa was a full squad member with at least one assist to his name. He was also a very effective sub in our last friendly, contributing an assist.

So to compare him with folks who’ve not been on the scene for years is.. is... sorry Ayo, is at best unintelligent, at worst, ill-minded.

It’s such poor quality arguments that make folks like John12 assume there’s a hidden agenda. Because if it isn’t, we’d have to question your most basic cognitive abilities, and we love you too much to do that.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Onazi na "northerner"?
Why not? The CE contributing editor has spoken.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

1naija I hope you’re not implying that Ahmed musa is in super eagles just to satisfy quota system? That’s totally false! Do you know that he is super eagles current top scorer? Also, he is the only SE player to have scored 2 goals at single game in World Cup and 2 against Barcelona. The dude even won the Russian league 3x and was one of his team best players.in addition, he has champions league experience. All these accomplishments happened before the age of 25 yet you guys want us to discard him for inexperienced “flash in the pan”players who’re impressing at backwater leagues. It’s not even like i have a personal attachment to musa but the suggested replacement are totally beneath musa level. If you want musa replaced from Super eagles then the alternative should be an upgrade and not a downgrade. you cannot expect us to replace musa with inferior players then probably suggest to drop those inferior players after few games. Finally, even at Musa downside of club career he was still able to score 2 goals and 2 assists this year all from the bench. Ahmed musa is presently a great option to come off the bench for super eagles
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I believe he is from Benue State, just like Daniel Amokachi
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Onazi na "northerner"?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Otitokoro wrote:I believe he is from Benue State, just like Daniel Amokachi
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Onazi na "northerner"?

He is from Kogi State!